News:

Main Menu

Favorite games ever.

Started by Jude, July 19, 2010, 11:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jude

Lets stick to positive comments; if someone mentions something you don't like, feel free to criticize the game elsewhere, but I'm hoping this thread is just devoted to glowing praise of awesome games and why you love them (not to say you can't cheer on other people's choices though).  I'll start out with my favorites:

Resident Evil 4 (PS2 version)

There are some games that from the moment I pick them up I have to play them from start to finish.  It doesn't happen too often anymore, but Resident Evil 4 was quite possibly the most compelling of them all for me (especially outside of the RPG genre).

I loved the feeling of being alone, surrounded by insurmountable odds, fighting all sorts of otherworldly, bizarre creatures.  The way the monks chanted freakishly, the plagas that popped out of villagers, large numbers of enemies closing in from all sides; everything worked together perfectly with the slow but steady control style and emphasis on trick-shooting, accuracy, and ammo conversation to create a masterful survival game.

The horror part was debatable, but playing alone late at night certainly gave it that extra edge.  I remember one night in particular it was 3 a.m. and I was running through the garden maze with the wolf/dog/plagas things, and there was an earthquake.  It wasn't very strong, but it was enough to scare the crap out of me and make me think (in my half-awake, late-night state of paranoia) something was behind me moving my chair.

Decent storyline, fun upgrading system, awesome feel; and I especially loved the bonus content.  Mercenaries mode and playing through on professional was incredible.

Final Fantasy X

This was the very first video game I have ever played that employed property voice acting along with strong narrative to create an amazing experience.  I loved the Sphere Grid and damn near everything about the game up to the very end.  It was really the first game I got on my PS2 that blew me away, and to this day I love to replay it from time to time just to re-experience the story.  Itching to play it again now in fact, I just wish it would run on any of my current systems since I no longer have a PS2.

Final Fantasy Tactics

I'm not sure if I've spent more time playing any other game.  Leveling up jobs, finishing sidequests, duplicating Excalibur... Ahh, those were the days.  The remake is good too, I just wish it supported infrastructure networking.

Crystal Defenders

I love tower defense games, and this one struck me perfectly.  It's a great balance between predictability, style, challenge, and simplicity.

Deadly Premonition

Francis York Morgan is the best character ever.  That is all.

Noelle

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
I hardly need to sing the praises of this game because pretty much every worthy nerd ever loves it, too. If you don't love this game, then I don't want to know you.

It's actually one of the few games whose storyline I actually followed closely and even wrote fanfiction for as a middle schooler. If inspiring 11-year-old girls to use their free time at school to type up stories about Link and Saria on a decrepit Macintosh doesn't make this an awesome game, then I'm just not sure what else could possibly convince you. Furthermore, as a grown adult, I have considered on several occasions a Zelda-based tattoo that I have since rejected, but it's the thought that counts, right?

When they finally remake this game on the DS may possibly be a day happier than my own wedding.

The World Ends With You
Possibly one of the most compelling, complex, and mind-fucking storylines I've ever encountered, and for a handheld, no less. If I had a dime for every time I've restarted this game just to understand it all, I'd have zero dimes because to this day, I still haven't finished clearing every single chapter to search for the secrets and read Hanekoma's extra notes about the Game and obsessively collect pins. Literally a year of on-again off-again playing without the aid of any cheater-guides only to fail at the hands of Square Enix. How much more awesome can it get than that? It's a trick question, it can't.

Dual-screen play was a little weird and I still didn't get very good at it, but the combat was unique, it really, truly utilized the touch screen/stylus combination, as well as the D-pad. The pin evolutions kept things interesting and the eye candy alone may have permanently altered my retinas for the rest of my existence, which otherwise would seem like a cause for alarm and a need to file a lawsuit, but let me tell you, it is a delicious burn, indeed. It takes classic Final Fantasy-styled sprites (this IS Square Enix we're talking about, after all) and not only makes a ginger the lead role (look at how progressive they are! Aww, isn't that cute?), but get a bunch of legitimately hip, urban-styled graffiti art going on all while managing to keep the setting in Shibuya and not succumbing to a bad case of the weeaboo. Fuck yeah. I didn't care much for the soundtrack myself, I hated that the songs didn't seem 'complete', and often just looped endlessly until I wanted to Falcon punch my DS into the face of an innocent child, and I'm not much of a fan of J-anything to begin with, but I will give it props for being better than the average listing.

Lavaske

Left 4 Dead 2
I swear to god, I've killed at least a few million zombies with this game.  As a single player campaign game, Left 4 Dead 2 is really poor.  However, if you have a bunch of friends over with snacks, booze, deaf upstairs neighbors and nothing to do the next day, it's one of the most fun and hardcore gaming experiences that you can have.

When making L4D1, Valve didn't have very much money so they couldn't make a gigantic blockbuster game like Halo 3 or Gears of War with a big fancy physics engine, killer graphics and huge sweeping levels.  Instead they had room in the budget for about 4 hours of campaign play.  With such small levels, they had to do something BIG to keep things interesting, and they did it.

Basically, they designed an AI program that was designed to make the players have fun.  By creating random lulls and climaxs in the gameplay they keep gamers on their toes for the whole session.

This is an absolutely brilliant game.  I've never had so much fun with anything else, ever.

Lavaske

Noelle,

I swear to god, if you get a tri-force tattoo that is somewhere visible on your body, you will have to beat off the boys with a stick.

Ryu

Super Mario 64
Come on, this is the best game ever.
What is better than going on another adventure with Super Plumber Mario to save
not only Princess Toadstool, but ALL your friends that are trapped within the walls of the castle.
When this came out, the graphics were mind blowing (I mean for a Mario game) and every
painting had new tests for you to complete to get the stars needed to free your friends
from the evil clutches of King Bowser. And at the end you got to see Yoshi, the most adorable
Nintendo character ever made.

Little Big Planet
So your a sack boy. A sack boy made of ownage, with love in every carefully sewn stitch.
You run around the world, playing crazy levels, either alone, which makes it easier, or with multiple players, which
is entirely more fun and allows for more items to be unlocked. (Stickers, Tools, Clothing, Accesories, etc.)
Once you beat the story part of the game, you can do it again, but this time in STYLE! Or go on and create
your own gorgeous levels with all the materials and tools you've collected throughout the Story mode!
Then upload then through your internet connection and share them with the world!

Super Smash Bros Brawl
This is just amazing. What did Nintendo decide to do but make another smash game with more characters
and better graphics than ever? This was a beautiful plan from the start. Then they add a create your own level
section to make you feel even more in control and creative. And wait, what? Solid Snake? He's not even a Nintendo character!!
What is this nonsense? Nonsense, it is not, my friend. He's a super powerful character and owns with his beasty moves
and stealthy sneak attacks, not to mention they gave his taunt a special power when used on his own stage. It doesn't do it everytime,
but when it does, you'll try it on every character in the game. They put that much into one character that wasn't even their own.
I applaude you, Nintendo, for being reliable for however many years it's been now, even though you've had your downfalls.

Hey You! Pikachu
Just...just don't even argue.
This is one of the most adorable games ever made.
Also one of the most frustrating, but it still makes my top ten.
Maybe that because it was the very first game I got for the N64... either way, though,
who wouldn't want to talk to a Pikachu? Let him listen to you and choose how he wants to respond.
The cutest thing on this planet (besides fuzzy li'l kittens) is watching Pikachu blush in excitement and
squeak when you say," I love you, Pikachu!" It's just...AH! I wanna hold him and squeeze him and pet him and love him and call him George. (Old
Looney Tunes episode...anyone? No? w/e) But I love Pikachu to death, so my obsession creates this love for the frustrating game.
I lost that little yellow ball that goes on the microphone...this is hardly relevant, though. : )

I'll stop there. If I think of more, I'll be sure to post them.

Will

Quote from: Jude on July 19, 2010, 11:30:35 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics

I'm not sure if I've spent more time playing any other game.  Leveling up jobs, finishing sidequests, duplicating Excalibur... Ahh, those were the days.  The remake is good too, I just wish it supported infrastructure networking.
Without a doubt, one of my favorite games ever.  Just unbelievably great.

Quote from: Lavaske on July 20, 2010, 12:02:53 AM
Noelle,

I swear to god, if you get a tri-force tattoo that is somewhere visible on your body, you will have to beat off the boys with a stick.
*snerks*  That sounds painful, but some of them might be into that.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Brandon

Deadly premonition: One of the best survival horror games just because of the story (the gameplay wasnt great but the story more then makes up for it) and the main character. There are few scenes better then "FK in the coffee!" or "Sinners sandwich"

FK In The Coffee Deadly Premonition: Possibly the funniest cutscene in the game

Naughty bear: Yeah its got some bugs but for some reason I just love adorable teddy bear murders in strange and disturbing ways that I should probably tell my psychiatrist about :P

Alpha Protocol: Ive always been a lover of the James bond style secret agent but a James bond style game where I can play it my way and with RPG elements? Yes please 

Marvel vs capcom: For fighting games this is my favorite. Better then anything else out there due to the wacky characters, flashy special moves, and the totally awesome super moves.

Final fantasy 2/4: For pure RPG goodness it doesnt get any better then this. Good combat system, lovable characters, a rich world with a large variety of people and places to explore. It has just about everything I want out of an RPG, especially the ass kicking ninja Edge

Battlefield: Bad company 2 Multiplayer: Normally Im not into FPS's but this ones multiplayer has made me fall in love with balanced yet challenging gameplay where I can blow up any kind of cover and get points for keeping my squad alive.

Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

King_Furby

Thief 3 - spent so much time being sneaky and loved it, truely a great stealth experience.

Resident Evil 2 - only game that ever scared me

Hemingway

Yikes, tricky.

Mass Effect ( 1 & 2, but 2 if forced to choose ): Possibly my favorite series ever, for so many reasons. Getting to hold people who piss you off at gunpoint is but one of those. Flirting with sexy aliens is another. Being the ultimate badass ... well.

Alan Wake: What it lacks in replay value, it more than makes up for having not only one of the most original stories I've encountered in a while, but also a story that's actually well told. Being a huge fan of Stephen King and Twin Peaks, there wasn't any way this game could fail.

GTA4: Aside from being fun just to play without even doing missions ( see how long you can obey the law before someone pisses you off and makes you blast them away ), this game - surprisingly - has one of the most authentic and believable stories I've seen in a game.

Command & Conquer: Come on. Best strategy game ever. Awesome story, with just enough sci-fi to make it believable. I play this game to this day - at least once every five years or so! Oh, and it has the best music of any game, ever, period.

Jag

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

I have not been able to put this game down since the day my grandmother gave it to me for Christmas when I was little. It has sucked more hours of my life away than any other game. I have spent entire days searching through caverns and corridors to make sure I get every little item. And I love getting that color changeable cloak. Nothing like seeing Alucard running around in a Magenta colored cloak to get your giggling.

Dark Cloud

Again, so many hours of my life drained away into this game. It's graphics aren't very good, but the game play is so much fun. I love seeing how powerful I can make my weapons just by constantly maxing them out and then fusing them back into themselves.

Quote from: Noelle on July 19, 2010, 11:48:08 PM
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
I hardly need to sing the praises of this game because pretty much every worthy nerd ever loves it, too. If you don't love this game, then I don't want to know you.

It's actually one of the few games whose storyline I actually followed closely and even wrote fanfiction for as a middle schooler. If inspiring 11-year-old girls to use their free time at school to type up stories about Link and Saria on a decrepit Macintosh doesn't make this an awesome game, then I'm just not sure what else could possibly convince you. Furthermore, as a grown adult, I have considered on several occasions a Zelda-based tattoo that I have since rejected, but it's the thought that counts, right?

And what Noelle said.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Lady Annabelle

I have a ton of favorite games, but I am going to stick with my two all time favorite games.

The Legend Of Zelda(NES)

This is the first game that got me really hooked into video games.  Granted, I played the Atari and the Intellivision before this game along with some other NES games, but this was the deal breaker for me.  It was beyond shocking to me that you had a game at that time that could not beat in one sitting.  Having something as innovative as a save spot was just mind blowing for me.  When you tact on the exploration, deep storyline, open ended gameplay and extra quest, the game had it all and one I had to play countless amounts of times.  I will always love this game because of what it means to me.  I have beaten this game over a dozen times and I know it like my own child.

Final Fantasy X(PS2)

If there was one game that tug at my heart strings, it was this one.  I fully admit it that I wept like a freaking baby at the end of this game.  I was depressed for days after I beat it because of the ending.  I absolutely adored the characters, the graphics, the music and the setting.  The battle system was so damn addicting that I just had to keep playing.  I spent hours just messing around on the Sphere Grid.  This game will always be attached to my heart as it just reminds me of home.  Whenever I am depressed, I play this game and I instantly become happier again.  I have put over a thousand hours into this one and they were all proudly spent!

Honorable Mentions: Dr. Mario(NES), Sonic The Hedgehog 2(Gen), Streets Of Rage 2(Gen), Final Fantasy VI(SNES), Lufia II: Rise Of The Sinstrails(SNES), Super Metroid(SNES), Goldeneye(N64), Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time(N64), Paper Mario(N64), Super Smash Brothers(N64), Final Fantasy IX(PS1), Final Fantasy Tactics(PS1), Suikoden 2(PS1), Valkyrie Profile(PS1), Disgaea: Hour Of Darkness(PS2), Final Fantasy XII(PS2), Grand Theft Auto III(PS2), Suikoden III(PS2).
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus

Hunter

Legend of the Dragoon

Simply awesome, best PS1 game ever created.    8-)    Nothing has ever equaled the quality of this game.

Ever.

Jude

Reading everyone's posts has been incredibly enjoyable to me.  It's great to see so many awesome games getting have a special place in people's hearts. :D

Will

Mega Man X - Picking a favorite in this franchise is tough, but I played this one the most.  I still love the music.

Madden - Yeah, I said it. :P
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Heaven Sent Blossom

Everybody who mentioned Deadly Premonitions is a hero, a hero I say!

Alpha Protocol - It's so prototypically Obsidian that it's painful at times, but I waited a long time for this game and despite the little quirks and flaws it delivered everything I had hoped for and probably a little more. Mike Thorton, super dick is just awesome. The cast of NPCs is pure gold and it's filled with fun dialogue and great action-spy genre tropes, frankly the fact that it's not going to get a sequel is criminal.
THROAT PUNCH!

Mass Effect 2 - I don't know why, I mean I could give you a list of things wrong with it that's longer than my arm (starting with "It's sci-fi" and ending with "it's fucking sci-fi") but Mass Effect is a series I'm madly in love with. And Mass Effect 2 took the first game, stripped off everything that was clunky and poor about it before standing as a shining example to all other developers. Sure it could've been a little bit more of an RPG in places, but I don't care. I don't care about anything that is wrong with a game when I can headbutt a giant space dinosaur in mid-sentence and get involved in the greatest kind of bromance with Garrus. Also my Captain "Tony Almeida" Shepard, space dick is probably my favourite game character in recent memory.
TL;DR - Mass Effect 2 is the greatest game ever made, send back through time so that we in the past didn't have to wait another fourty years to experience nirvana.

Battlefield 2 - Never loved a shooter more before or since. Yes I liked Bad Company and Bad Company 2, I even found Modern Warfare (but not the sequel, that was awful) to be tolerable. However nothing can compare with Battlefield 2 on full 64 player maps for me, not even Counter Strike. I sunk a ludicrous number of hours into that game despite the frankly incompetent team at Dice trying to make it so that people couldn't play it at all (how many times did your patches break the game Dice, how many?) and then sank even more time into the Special Forces expansion pack which kept all the awesome goodness but got rid of the rage inducing aircraft.
I will probably never find a shooter that satisfies me as much as my prime in BF2 did, although right now I am finding a decent level of fondness for Blacklight: Tango Down, so who knows?

Planescape: Torment - Best written RPG ever made, no question. Terrible combat and borderline unplayable now but that story and those characters are worth enduring almost anything for.

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - First Fire Emblem that I played where the story wasn't just a brief respite between the battles and it will always have a special place in my heart because of that. Frankly though any Fire Emblem I've ever played could occupy this spot because it's my favourite SRPG series, even rising above Shining Force which was my first ever RPG.

Shining Force 2 - First ever RPG that I played and to this day remains as one of my all time favourites purely because of nostalgia--and because it's better to remember the good times rather than think about what they've done to the Shining Force series in the years since Shining Force 3 was released.

Suikoden 2 - Possibly my favourite RPG of all time, I have a thing for political intrigue and betrayal though so that probably explains my obsession with the Suikoden series (except 4, 4 is dead to me).

Bayonetta - Best brawler I ever played without a shadow of a doubt. It also has the added bonus of being so mental that I can feel myself getting crazier every time I play it.

Lost Odyssey - Best current gen JRPG, yes it can be a little grindy in places and sure there are still irritating JRPG tropes ever present. However the short stories alone make it pretty much the best written JRPG in history.

Long list is long. Also honourable mentions go to Punch Out, Samba De Amigo and Rock Band 2--plus probably a bunch of games that I can't think of right now but will probably remember through out the course of the evening.

Inkidu

Final Fantasy IV (II in America)

I love this game, it is the best in the series as far as I'm concerned. I have played nearly ever iteration of it since I was five. It's music, characters, (first love story I thought wasn't icky-girly-gross XD) and environments held an element of terror and fascination with me as a child. Whether it was climbing Mt. Ordeals --which was my first really tricky boss fight-- or going underground for the first time, or even the final climax on the moon. It is truly a stellar piece of work that is the embodiment of what a Final Fantasy game should be and it's countless remakes are a testament to its popularity then, now, and onward.

Final Fantasy VIII

My first Playstation experience with Square. I love this game all most as much as four. I didn't find Squall moody or emo, I found him overwhelmed. In the beginning of the game life is easy. He lives to become a SeeD but as he's forced into evermore demanding situations he finds it hard to cope. He was never out to save the world but that's how it ended up. I found the junction system challenging and deep and the GFs are awesome. Final Fantasy VIII was my kick into the greater scope of world culture and legend. Any flaws this game has are vastly diminished by what they got right.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

I know everyone likes to give all the credit to Ocarina of Time but I found Majora's Mask a much more rewarding experience. It returned Link to his kid-saving-the-world appeal which was awesome to me as a wee little Inkidu. He wasn't a grown up he could save the land from an evil force. I found the premise actually very likable and the sheer amount of stuff to do in Majora's Mask as well as the deeper more involved world made it far superior to OoT in my opinion.

Link wasn't out to save any princess this time. In fact, taking him from his lofty, yet under-appreciated job of Zelda's lackey and thrusting him into the  everyday lives of a whole land was genius. The story was well-crafted and the what you did with your three days was structured but you could still get out and explore. I think I'm going to have to go and find my 64 now.

Resident Evil 4

It was my first RE game and I have to say I was damn scared. It wasn't an anticipatory scariness it was a visceral, OMG he's got a fucking chainsaw and he's going to kill me, or stab me or they're going to beat me to death. Oh crap has he got a sword, Ah my shotgun's out, why oh why didn't I buy the blacktail, are those claws, Jesus what did he do to his arm, oh god he's a centipede... experience.

Dead Rising

I think it really nailed the experience. Sure the A.I. was hokey at best but nothing can underwhelm the sheer amount of fun a person can have with this game... if they like zombies. It was actually kind of scary sometimes too.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

HairyHeretic

Elite

Yeah, I'm showing my age, as this game is probably older than some of you here :)  You started off a rookie pilot in a bare bones ship, a few hundred credits in your account, and the dream of making it big. You could go anywhere. Trade anything. Fight anyone .. but of course, if you start shooting up other traders in high security systems, you had the cops all over you before long.

UFO: Enemy Unknown / Terror From The Deep

Ok, technically two games, but all that really was different about them was cosmetic. The game play was just as good, and the second game had bigger maps. Aliens invade, and only you can stop them. Send your fighters up to shoot down the little ones. Tool up your crack military squad and send the transport to the crash site, or catch the bigger UFOs while they were on the ground. Your scientists researched the alien artifacts, and your engineers produced the high tech goodies that got your team bigger and badder.

And you never, ever forget your first encounter with the chrysalids.

I may add more later.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Imogen

Gabriel Knight : Sins of the Fathers.

This Sierra adventure/roleplaying game dates from 1993 and is the first of the Gabriel Knight Trilogy and, in my opinion, the best. You take on the persona of Gabriel Knight, writer of horror stories in New Orleans. The game has a wonderful atmosphere of voodoo, murders and mysticism.

The characters are fun, and the storytelling is superb. The game has a good, solid plot and the game sports a star cast for the voice actors, such as : Tim Curry as Gabriel, Mark Hamill as Mosely, Leah Remini as Grace Nakamura and Michael Dorn as Dr. John.

The Sequel: The Beast Within was also very much fun to play. Much more modern it had video scenes where you witnessed the outcome of your decisions. Although I missed Tim Curry's sexy voice and did not like this incarnation of Gabriel so much, the nifty Baron Von Glower made up for that deficit!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Lithos

For story line, I would say first and third gabriel knight games. The third one even though had 3d graphics had awesome story. My computer at the time of the second game could not really handle it so I missed that.

For freedom, old came called Hunter for amiga that was first 3d sandbox game. You had world where you could drive the vehicles and do pretty much what you wanted. Like pre historic ancestor of GTA and the like. (of course it looked ugly, imagine full 3d world on amiga 500) I was so frigging amazed when I played that and it kept me hooked for weeks cause it was first time I had ever experienced freedom like that in a game.

Hunter Amiga

Does not look like much anything now but that was so friggin awesome back then.
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

Hemingway

Quote from: HairyHeretic on July 20, 2010, 01:39:38 PM
UFO: Enemy Unknown / Terror From The Deep

Ok, technically two games, but all that really was different about them was cosmetic. The game play was just as good, and the second game had bigger maps. Aliens invade, and only you can stop them. Send your fighters up to shoot down the little ones. Tool up your crack military squad and send the transport to the crash site, or catch the bigger UFOs while they were on the ground. Your scientists researched the alien artifacts, and your engineers produced the high tech goodies that got your team bigger and badder.

And you never, ever forget your first encounter with the chrysalids.

How could I forget? You know they're making a new XCOM, right? It's not the same thing, but I'm still excited as all hell.

But, damn. UFO is amazing. I played it ages ago, and again last year or so. I didn't realize until then how much depth there really is to that game, and how complicated it is.

HairyHeretic

An official one, or open source? I've seen and heard assorted bits and pieces.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Imogen

And in my gushing over the storyline of the Gabriel Knight series, i completely forgot the games of that other big studio's at the time: Westwood and Mindscape They produced the game that got me hooked on exploring dungeons and fighting monsters and that would later put me on the road towards Everquest 1&2 World of Warcraft, Vanguard and Warhammer:The Age of Reckoning.

I am speaking of

and 

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Nyarly

Quote from: HairyHeretic on July 20, 2010, 03:31:44 PM
An official one, or open source? I've seen and heard assorted bits and pieces.
An official one. But for some reason it will be a FPS. No, I don't understand this either.

Lithos

Above most others also, definitely Planescape: Torment

Music was amazing, Story was amazing, Characters were amazing... baldurs gates had nothing going in comparison.
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Nyarly on July 20, 2010, 03:36:22 PM
An official one. But for some reason it will be a FPS. No, I don't understand this either.

Eh?

That makes no sense. XCOM was all about tactics, not who had the fastest twitch.

Pff. I'll just go back to the originals then.

Cattle die, kinsmen die