Kids tv has changed a lot since then

Started by HairyHeretic, December 25, 2008, 07:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trieste

Quote from: Michi No Sora on December 30, 2008, 10:19:46 AM
I used to watch Are You Afraid Of The Dark?, Thundercats, Fraggle Rock, Pete and Pete, Salute Your Shorts, Clarissa Explains It All, Goosebumps...

Yep yep! All of those 'cept for Thundercats and Goosebumps (I read the books, though, but I liked Fear Street better ... 'till it went all undead cheerleader-crazy).

Also Jem, Power Rangers (the first run with Jason (Red Ranger), Billy (Blue Ranger), Trini (Yellow Ranger), Zack (Black Ranger), and Kimberly (Pink Ranger)), definitely Scooby Doo. David the Gnome was one of my favourites, but I recall it being on at an odd time where I couldn't always catch it.

PhantomPistoleer

This thread is awesome.  ::flexes::

Old Anime:
G-Force
Centurions
Silverhawks (I had the main protagonist's action figure!)
Thundercats (the figs for these were MONDO awesome, dudes; they had karate action AND their eyes glowed in the dark!)
Bionic Family (I don't know if this is the name, but it was about a family of cyborgs?  Their toys were like GI Joes but made of metal)

WB
Freakazoid
Animaniacs
Tiny Toon Adventures
Batman (B: TAS, Batman & Robin Adventures, Batman Beyond-- anything that Bruce Timm touches is awesome, excluding the Zeta Project.)

UPN Disney
Duck Tales
Tailspin
Goof Troop

Saturday Morning
X-Men (90s, Pryde of the X-men:  but Evolution and the new 'Wolverine and the X-men' rock!)
Spiderman (90s, Unlimited, Spectacular, MTV)
Biker Mice From Mars
The Tick
Reboot

Snick!
Salute Your Shorts
Hey Dude
Are You Afraid of the Dark?
Wild and Crazy Kids
Guts
Secrets of the Mayan Temple
Round House --> All That --> Keenan and Kel

OH SHIT, how could I almost forget ARCADE, the GOD of all TV contest shows?

Old Stuff
Captain America (the theme was so corny, but I sang it all the time: 'When Captain America throws his mighty shield!  When Captain America throws his mighty shield!')
Super Friends

Aww.  I loved my childhood.  My friends and I loved AMAZINGLY bad movies, too (like 3 Ninjas, Surf Ninjas and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Part 3).  ::sighs happily::

And I must also add that as adolescents, we preferred the Sega Genesis to the Super Nintendo.  Streets of Rage > Final Fight.  And and and!  We really, really, really dug Highlander.  It's almost stupid how much we loved Highlander when we were growing up.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Trieste

*cackle* Yeah, I knew I forgot some. The Biker Mice were great, Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, I watched Duck Tales and Tailspin and Goof Troop, Rescue Rangers.

... jesus, I watched a lot of teevee as a kid. O_o

PhantomPistoleer

... It's DARKWING DUCK!

Let's.  Get.  Dangerous.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Trieste

The Overlord

Baa ba ba ba ba ba baaaaaa....

Hell yeah thanks for reminding me of more Saturday morning gold. I always loved this theme along with the one from Star Blazers.

The Overlord

Wait a sec...

'Surprise attack by alien galaxies from beyond space..."

*blink*

HairyHeretic

This is one of the earliest cartoon series I can remember watching as a kid. Flash Gordon, circa 1979

Not sure if this was technically a kids show, but I loved Monkey  :)

Ditto this one, The Water Margin

G Force

Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

magnamos

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on January 06, 2009, 05:57:55 PM
This thread is awesome.  ::flexes::

Old Anime:
G-Force
Centurions
Silverhawks (I had the main protagonist's action figure!)
Thundercats (the figs for these were MONDO awesome, dudes; they had karate action AND their eyes glowed in the dark!)
Bionic Family (I don't know if this is the name, but it was about a family of cyborgs?  Their toys were like GI Joes but made of metal)
(...)

Did you mean this perhaps?

I also used to watch Flash Gordon but mine rocked more :)

Whatever made this person think that it's more secure or whatever to make people click a link instead of copy and past the video directly... anyway here it is

The Overlord

Quote from: HairyHeretic on January 06, 2009, 06:54:24 PM
This is one of the earliest cartoon series I can remember watching as a kid. Flash Gordon, circa 1979

Hell yeah, this was the really hot version of Princess Aura. Maybe a little bit too much for a Saturday morning cartoon.

And really, what's up with Ming anyway? Why do galactic overlords always stand about in garish robes laughing diabolically? Doesn't that palace have a spa or something to lighten up?

HairyHeretic

Quote from: The Overlord on January 07, 2009, 06:37:30 AM
Hell yeah, this was the really hot version of Princess Aura. Maybe a little bit too much for a Saturday morning cartoon.

At that age I wouldn't have noticed :)

Quote from: The Overlord on January 07, 2009, 06:37:30 AM
And really, what's up with Ming anyway? Why do galactic overlords always stand about in garish robes laughing diabolically? Doesn't that palace have a spa or something to lighten up?

Maniacal laughter has proven stress relieving properties. The problem is when they do it in the presence of the heros, because that's just asking for trouble.

He probably needs to read the Evil Overlord list though.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Inkidu

I remember a Starship Troopers animated series when I was a kid and I thought it was the awesomeness of cool!
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.