What advice for your younger self?

Started by Bamagirl, February 27, 2014, 04:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bamagirl

I saw this topic on our sister site and loved it, so I'll ask here:

Elliquiy, if you could tell your younger self something, some bit of wisdom or foreshadowing, just a hey look at you now me, what would you say?
Ons/Offs     Requests     A/A

cptBacon

To teenage me: "Be more outgoing. Life's more fun that way."
A super detailed introduction to me:
O/O

My current stories:
The Art of Seduction | Grey Skies
Along for the Ride | She Let Herself Go

Kevak

To me of 6 years old: Remember life, I can't remember anything earlier then 13, which means you didn't remember, remember it please.

ReduxRed

To 12 year old me: Don't shut everyone out. Toughen up and open up more, it'll save you so much hassle.
PS: Mom's trouble's are her own, don't mother her.

Blythe

Best advice I would give a younger me, particularly high school me:

"There's a fine line between people being irritating know-it-all busybodies and people who offer legitimate criticism of you. Learn the difference, and only listen to the latter. Don't take the former type of people seriously. Just tune them out as if they were nothing but white noise. You will be a lot happier that way, trust me."

Ms Gavane

Advice to self:

Find a picture of a dog wearing a top hat and smoking a pipe. Make it your avatar.

Before you dedicate your heart and soul to someone, learn a bit more about yourself and see if you really match up with them. It would also be nice if he/she had a healthy amount of kink. Also don't shut your emotions down. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
O/O

Sara Nilsson

don't bother. life never gets better so just give up

failing that...

go ask that girl out, worst thing is she laughs at you best case she say yes

Undeniable Sin

To the teenage me: Romance is fun and exciting but it comes and goes like the moon. Instead, Hold on to your self respect. It will get you further and is worth so much more than cheap promises of love.
   My O/O's       Roleplay Ideas

Remy

To the me of 15 years old. ''Avoid Mary S*****, she's a bitch, a shit stirrer and clever bully.  First time she says Hi to you, say a polite Hi back, and keep walking by.''

Moreth

Don't slack off so much in high school.. wasting 2 years in junior college sucked.. Also, invest heavy in apple at the turn of the century!

Witch

HannibalBarca

To the overly picky teenage me: Yes, the wait is worth it--you finally meet the most beautiful, most amazing, most wonderful female in the world...when you hold your daughter in your arms after she's born.  By the way...your wife is a close second, but she thinks the same about you, so it's all cool.
“Those who lack drama in their
lives strive to invent it.”   ― Terry Masters
"It is only when we place hurdles too high to jump
before our characters, that they learn how to fly."  --  Me
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

Elya Marten

Hmm... To me as a teenager, "Stay in school, don't let the people bullying you for your sexuality get the best of you. Show them how wrong they really are."