Hotkey Keyboard

Started by Oniya, April 30, 2012, 09:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

Okay, I've satisfied myself that this isn't malware (it's software included with e-Machines keyboard drivers), but I'm at a loss to understand why this program randomly shows up on startup.  It shuts down politely enough if I close it through Task Manager, but trying to maximize it from the tab does zero-zip-nada-nil.

Anyone know why this program would randomly start up?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Oreo

Have you turned it off with msconfig in the start up menu?

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Oniya

I've never turned it on.  The confusing thing is that it's not always showing up, or not showing up.  I'm not seeing any rhyme or reason for when it decides to show up in the taskbar.  I've had the machine for a couple years now, and it's only been in the past 3-4 months that I even knew this existed.  The first time, I shut down, ran a full boot-scan of my anti-virus, followed by M-BAM, because it surprised me that much.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Oreo

Is it part of the computers programming? If so maybe it installed as an update.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

Oniya

Okay, I found it in the MSConfig application and turned it off.  It just strikes me as odd that it would be ticked on and not come up every single time that the computer booted. 

Oreo

I hope that works for you. I have found it handy for removing a lot of programs that attach themselves to the start up menu without asking.