So now that TOR is FTP...

Started by Braioch, November 15, 2012, 08:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Braioch

Or even if you've been playing it and still have a membership....

Is anyone going to be playing?

I'm patching it up at the moment, had a chance to play it on a friends account months ago and didn't invest too much into the character, as I didn't want to pour all that effort into a character I would never be able to use once I got my own account. So once the initial patches are done, I'm going to start playing and wondering if anyone else is going to, or will continue to play.
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

TheGlyphstone

There are apparently new space missions, I might wander in just to see the new content before I bail again.

Chris Brady

Still paying cuz I still love this game.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Silverfyre

I am still playing it at the moment as a subscriber but plan on going F2P eventually since I only play it casually.  I'm over on Ebon Hawk, pretending I know how to roleplay between grinding out levels.  I still enjoy the game.

TheGlyphstone

Patch 1.5 notes:

More robes have been adjusted so that their backsides are not inappropriately large when worn.

Best bug fix ever, or worst bug fix ever?

Silverfyre

I will miss my Big Force Booty Jedi robes on my Twi-lek.

Moraline

Ebon Hawk seems to be where all the role players went to. Did they merge that other big RP server into Ebon Hawk? (sorry I can't even remember the server I was on anymore)

Maybe I'll restart up my Journal and play some more.

Story - Asha'ara - Erotic Sexual Life of a Twi'lek Girl (Some entries may contain NC-H or Ex)
A Star Wars: The Old Republic series of journal entries by a young Twi'lek girl trying to make her way in the galaxy as she gets caught up in misadventures and sexual predicaments.  It contains a good deal of graphic sexual content and a number of adult images.

Silverfyre

They did merge most of the "super RP servers" into Ebon Hawk, yes.  And thank you for the reading material; this looks fantastic.

Oniya

Did anyone else think this was going to be about digital downloads from a major publishing house?

Or does remembering that FTP = File Transfer Protocol make me Tor's target audience?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Arohk

I'm iffy about going on free-to-play because they treat you like you have leprosy. ._.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Arohk on November 16, 2012, 04:20:09 PM
I'm iffy about going on free-to-play because they treat you like you have leprosy. ._.

It's a little better if you've ever been a subscriber or ever bought something from their shop. Then you're just treated like you have herpes.

Aiden

I got a email that my account was awarded cartel tokens, I might install it and play out some republic story lines.

I was sith the first run through (duh)

Shjade

Quote from: Oniya on November 16, 2012, 12:20:18 PM
Did anyone else think this was going to be about digital downloads from a major publishing house?

Or does remembering that FTP = File Transfer Protocol make me Tor's target audience?

I did not think this, no, but only because I'm familiar enough with the game and the practice to know what was intended. I was only introduced to FTP, the protocol, about five months ago, actually, when it was part of a new job. I think it may have hurt my geek cred to not already know about it. :|
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Kazyth

Eh.  I enjoyed TOR for a while, got my Sorcerer up to the level cap, and then just... lost interest.  The RP was alright, but end level content was pretty much all PvP it seemed.  And despite other people, it always felt like such a single player game to me.
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Braioch

I'll probably subscribe and do the premium thing for a little while, try for a month at a time and see how I like it. Gonna try both Sith and Republic side.
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Chris Brady

I love my BH too much to abandon him.  Not sure why, I mean, yeah there is very little to do End Game (so far, I mean, it's not been an entire year yet, WoW had rather boring End Game too for two years before it got the bright idea of Dailies), but I love my two gun dood.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Kazyth

*chuckles*  I'll admit, In-game RP was the only thing that really kept my interest, especially once I'd finished the story mode aspect of it.  Once you've done all the companion side quests and finished the story, that's about it it seems.  At least it was for me.
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Arohk

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on November 16, 2012, 04:23:57 PM
It's a little better if you've ever been a subscriber or ever bought something from their shop. Then you're just treated like you have herpes.

That's reassuring! XD

I have an account but I am still on the fence about using it. I have plenty else to play and it just doesn't seem worth it. They could have given a little more options to F2P people. At least the bank. I would be more inclined to join in if I was assured bag space. God knows I know all about bag space in MMOs. :P No bank space = no fun.

SinXAzgard21

The game was fun till I hit level cap and played hutt ball all the time.  I am not going back to it even though it is f2p.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Moraline

Does anyone have a list of the FtP restrictions or a link to the list (or comparison chart?)

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Moraline on November 18, 2012, 03:38:57 PM
Does anyone have a list of the FtP restrictions or a link to the list (or comparison chart?)

http://www.swtor.com/free/features

Moraline

I'm confused about preferred status. What exactly is it? It says to make any purchase of 4.99.  Does that mean if I've ever made any purchase or do you have to make a monthly purchase? How does that work?

My status: I'm currently an owner of the game(bought it new) and I played it for several months previously.

*Edit*

I found it.

QuoteHow do I become a Preferred Status Player?

Preferred Status is a great way to unlock additional game features. Upgrade to Preferred Status by purchasing anything from our store (www.swtor.com/buy). A player who has purchased the game or is a Former Subscriber is automatically granted Preferred Status. The purchase of a Cartel Coin Card at participating retailers will also upgrade a Free-to-Play player to Preferred Status. 

Players with Preferred Status accounts will receive the following benefits:

Can send in-game mail, including 1 (one) attachment.
    Can trade securely with other players from Level ten (10) onwards
    Can use the /who list and display their Legacy name
    First Cargo Hold bay available for free (an 80 item Player Bank)
    Sprint available from Level 1
    Lower Repair costs
    Lower Respecialization (Respec) costs
    Five (5) simultaneous listings on the Galactic Trade Network (GTN)
    Raised currency limits (Credits and Commendations)
    Increased allowance for chat message frequencies in Public Chat channels
    One (1) additional active Crew Skill Slot (for a total of 2)
    Increased server queue priority

Zeruiah

Of all the MMORG's I've played, SWTOR was fun for a very short amount of time for me. The RPG part of the game was good until I got to the end of my class quest and couldn't finish it without corpse running cuz it was bugged so bad. The end game sucked for sure and the PVP was fun for awhile. I may have been to used to RIFT and WoW but eh, I only stayed around for about a month after hitting endgame, mostly doing PVP, on RIFT I leveled 3 characters to the level cap, did mostly PVP and left. Tried it again later and lost due to not finding any real interaction. WoW I played for years... eventually migrated over to the most well known adult sex server if you'd even call it adult... but that was fun for awhile again just for the RP and some PVP here and there. As far as TOR goes though, I wouldn't go back even though it's FTP. It felt like a single player game other then the PVP.
The pulse-pounding excitement of our virtual world is but a keystroke away.

Braioch

Trying Secret World actually at the moment, not too shabby

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Silverfyre

Moraline

Quote from: KaylaM on December 09, 2012, 05:45:12 AM
I'm going to hazard a guess that nobody tried the F2P or stuck around if they did. Wouldn't blame ya

I went back and was surprised to see Ebon Hawk had a little life in it.

I didn't actually see anyone role playing though.

I still have it installed but haven't been back to play since I checked it out.

Silverfyre

You must not be hitting up the Fleet that much then.  There is usually a good deal of RP going on in the cantina areas and I even found some RP guilds having events on Tatooine.

Moraline

Fleet is where I went first and stood for a couple hours.

I'm sure if I went during primetime and everyday I'd run into people but I just didn't put the effort into it.

I don't know anyone playing any more and it gets boring sitting around or dancing by myself for hours on end. The actual game pve itself bores me too much to occupy my time otherwise.

Besides, I like to do adult(xxx) role playing and it takes a long time to try and find other adult players. I like my MMORGP role play the same as I like my Forum RP(see my O/O's for details.)

Silverfyre

Oh, I agree with you that at times, the fleet is absolutely dead.  I've seen most RP happening around the later parts of the evening and into the morning, at least at that location.  I wouldn't be completely disheartened by it though if you are truly interested in the game.  There is also a good resource and forums site for TOR RP you might find useful:

http://swtor-rp.com/

I'm also an adult RPer, so I know just what you mean.  I dig role playing relationships between characters and the like.

Moraline

I just want to role play. I know the site you speak of, I used to be very active there but it's strictly non-adult. There's also a distinct and distasteful hostility towards anyone that likes a little adult subject matter in their RP. Not to mention the rampant lore elitism.

TheGlyphstone

Aiden

Force sensitivity does not pass genetically right? You are either born a force user or you aren't?

That is what made me roll my eyes when I saw players roll the great great (X times here) grandfather of (canon) characters here.

Silverfyre

I mostly use that site for checking out a few of the flavor articles and there are some decent folks on the forums but otherwise, yeah, it can be pushy and disdainful at times. 

I'm with you, Moraline.  My favorite experiences with MMO Rping have been with people who enjoyed adult RP.  Hell, it made me stick around WoW for three years.  For me, that's saying something.

Braioch

The Secret World trial ran out...and my computer's CPU was too wittle for it anyways -shame face-

Ahh well, back to DC universe online and ToR

...what sides does everyone play as?

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Chris Brady

DCUO Hero  US PC Server

SWTOR Imperial Bounty Hunter...  Well I have one of every class except Sage/Inquisitor.  Ebon Hawk server.

Braioch

I'm still fiddling with the classes at the moment, haven't really decided what to focus on...

And deciding if I want to get off of FTP

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Chris Brady

I'm full sub with TOR.  It's Star Wars, and I LOVE it.  Not to mention being a huge fan of Bioware's vision of the setting.  I find it's worth it.  TO ME.  Most here would likely disagree.

They are most welcome to. :)

Braioch

Yeah, I'll probably just subscribe and get it over with, in the meantime I'll play with some classes to see what I like on each side.

Hmmm, I do like Sith Inquisitor, but I dun like the fact that it's either stealth or heals, considered so by the games standards anyways. As for the Alliance side, Smuggler might be interesting to try.

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Silverfyre

Alliance side?! /smack

Republic, yo.  Republic.

Sith Sorcerer is all about the crazy lightning too!  I highly recommend trying out the Lightning skill tree as it is just purple DPS fun.  Good survivability too while leveling.

Braioch

-Dodges and crawls atop Silvers head, curling into ball-

I am tired, thus the brain is not so thinky well.

I will have to try that, I do enjoy a good bit of torture ::)

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

TheGlyphstone

I has a massive sad. I knew my subscription was ending yesterday, and I had a ton of money, so I liquidated everything disposable I owned on the market to try and get the Rocket Boots II legacy unlock. I had enough money to do it, but when I logged back in an hour later, I'd gone FTP and now had 1million+ in escrow.

Silverfyre

I bet they will offer a Cartel Market item to expand or remove the credit limit in a month or so.

TheGlyphstone

The part I'm most upset about is that they want money for me to be able to hide my head slot. Now I know what they designed all those butt-ugly helmets/hats, it was insidious planning for now.

Silverfyre

Heh, I don't doubt it! I went F2P this weekend to see what it is like and to save a little cash but I'm not that impressed.  It's like they have limited every part of the UI they could think of as well as most of the core mechanics of the game.  I mean really, increased pricing from the vendors and reduced experience point gain? 

SinXAzgard21

Yeah, Bio is punishing non subscribers.  I see the game completely dying out soon.  I honestly want to test out the secret world but am iffy on that game as well. 

Funguy81

I'm enjoying the hell out of the game and I have no intention of stopping my subscription.

Though to be honest, how is Bioware punishing non-subscribers? I know its limited, but you get to play the game for free. It how the saying goes, "you get what you pay for."  I'm not trying to be mean about it, but bioware is going for this payment model because they know it doesn't have the number of players like say World of Warcraft.

It works with other MMORPG games where you get to play for free, and as you get into it..you will want more access to it. So you pay for small things here and there.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Funguy81 on December 10, 2012, 07:55:41 PM
I'm enjoying the hell out of the game and I have no intention of stopping my subscription.

Though to be honest, how is Bioware punishing non-subscribers? I know its limited, but you get to play the game for free. It how the saying goes, "you get what you pay for."  I'm not trying to be mean about it, but bioware is going for this payment model because they know it doesn't have the number of players like say World of Warcraft.

It works with other MMORPG games where you get to play for free, and as you get into it..you will want more access to it. So you pay for small things here and there.

You get the class story lines for free.  Everything else you have to fork out money for, unless you are okay with limited access to pvp, instances, raids oh and what gear you can equip.  Also with the UI limitations, storage and access to the trading post in game. 

Silverfyre

They are punishing the former subscribers who have shelled out full price for this game since launch.  You'd think we'd get a bit more than a shrug and two extra quick bars.  I don't want it for free but a lot of people paid for this game and are now so tired of very little content that they just want to play on the F2P plan.  You definitely get what you paid for with this one.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Silverfyre on December 10, 2012, 08:22:05 PM
They are punishing the former subscribers who have shelled out full price for this game since launch.  You'd think we'd get a bit more than a shrug and two extra quick bars.  I don't want it for free but a lot of people paid for this game and are now so tired of very little content that they just want to play on the F2P plan.  You definitely get what you paid for with this one.

Let's be fair, it's a shrug, two quick bars, and a small heap of Bioware Bucks that will buy you back about 20-30% of the stuff you had...assuming you were lucky/smart enough to be an active customer at the exact moment FTP began, otherwise to hell with you. The Bioware Bucks to Cash ratio is obscene.

Silverfyre

It is and it makes me weary about the future of the game.  I really wonder how much longer it will last before EA goes "Hhaha! We got your money!" and pulls all support for the game.

TheGlyphstone

Chris Brady

Quote from: KaylaM on December 11, 2012, 04:50:44 AM
The plan seems to be less about rewarding people for shilling out as it is about punishing them until they do. No rested XP, less XP from quests, increased prices (both gold and commendations) at vendors including for repairs and consumables, no hiding helmets, no hotbars, no colour matching... Yeah. The list goes on.
Not so much punishing, as much as trying to monetize it.  There's no malice here, just incompetence.  There implementing changes with this patch (today) like more character slots and hot bars for Premium Players (the former subbers.)

Silverfyre

Character slots have not been implemented yet.  And two extra hot bars means back up to four: the game is now playable.  The UI restrictions are just ridiculous.

Braioch

And for that matter, can someone explain 'Legacy' to me?

I want to play another species if I subscribe, but I don't want to throw more money into the game if I want another species to play

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Moraline

Quote from: KaylaM on December 12, 2012, 06:38:08 AM
So my next question is this. As an actual game, playing "Raw" F2P sucks donkey nuts. How is it as a venue for RP, or do you have to subscribe to get the tools you'd need to make it viable?

As a F2P venue for RP. I found it annoying. I'm a previous sub so I get access to more stuff then fresh new players and I found that about 50-65% of my emotes were all greyed out. I had to take off my helmet to show my face instead of just hiding the helmet with a checkbox. Overall I found the F2P restrictions were annoyances.

Of course you don't really need that stuff to be able to talk to people or go kill stuff and generally hang out to do role playing but losing those emotes and appearance options/functions are really annoying to me as a role player. 

Previously I found the game to be very restrictive with emotes and chatting anyways. So going F2P with more restrictions just lowered my opinion even further.

Does anyone know if they ever implemented chat bubbles? (Not having chat bubbles was a bit of a pain in the ass.)

Overall with the "on the rails" story lines and larger hard core crowd of lore nazis, the game is relatively hostile towards role playing in general. It lacks a great deal of freedom. It works for some people but for me it didn't. F2P has just made RP more difficult.

Quote from: Braioch on December 12, 2012, 06:50:37 AM
And for that matter, can someone explain 'Legacy' to me?

I want to play another species if I subscribe, but I don't want to throw more money into the game if I want another species to play

Legacy from what I understand just means that you give your characters a "family" name (last name.) All your characters get that last name.

It's something you achieve after you reach a certain level. If your a subscriber you get access to it and it also gives you some perks.

All races are open to you as subscriber (or they used to be).  But when you achieve legacy and gain levels you get perks like being able to use different races in different classes. Like becoming a Sith Warrior with a Twilek species. Prior to legacy you couldn't become a Sith Warrior with a Twilek.

Plus you get a whole list of perks as part of the legacy stuff. Here's a page for some stuff:  http://www.swtor.com/blog/legacy-perks-game-update-1.3
Five categories of modification perks in 1.3:
    -Class Mission modifiers, which increase the amount of experience you gain from completing your character’s story missions.
    -Warzone modifiers, which increase the amount of experience gained from completing PvP warzones.
    -Space Mission modifiers, which increase the amount of experience gained from completing space missions.
    -Exploration modifiers, which increase the amount of experience from finding new areas in the game world.
    -Flashpoint modifiers, which increase the amount of experience you receive from defeating enemies in Flashpoints.

Travel Perks introduced with Game Update 1.3 will help new and old characters alike get around the galaxy a little easier.

Companion Perks modify the way that you interact with your companions, as well as making them more useful to you at both low and high levels.

Field Repair Droid perk.

A perk which allows you to reset your skill trees from anywhere in the game. The Field Respecialization perk adds a new button to your skill tree window that enables this feature.

Zeruiah

Being one who will never got back to SWTOR free or not, is there any rpers here who rp/play at GuildWars 2? It's free after the initial buy, game play and graphix are great too, though that's just my opinion.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Mayhymn on December 12, 2012, 12:43:56 PM
Being one who will never got back to SWTOR free or not, is there any rpers here who rp/play at GuildWars 2? It's free after the initial buy, game play and graphix are great too, though that's just my opinion.
Sadly GW2 isn't very conductive to RP in general.  The way it's quest set up and it's 'events' with it's 'drop in/drop out' system, very few people actually talk to each other outside of being friends already.  Not to mention that Guilds don't seem to last very long...

GW2 was a great experiment, not so much in terms of success.

Silverfyre

Quote from: Chris Brady on December 12, 2012, 02:29:28 PM

GW2 was a great experiment, not so much in terms of success.

By what sort of criteria are you using to make such a statement?  They seem to be doing quite well in terms of sales and numbers. I've seen more RP and successful guilds in GW2 than I have ever seen in something like TOR.  It's pretty damned successful if you ask me.

Zeruiah

I'd have to agree. having played RIFT, WoW for years... and SWTOR, so far GW2 is by far my favorite. I don't have to not have a life to compete really and I love that! :)

Chris Brady

Quote from: Silverfyre on December 12, 2012, 03:04:23 PM
By what sort of criteria are you using to make such a statement?  They seem to be doing quite well in terms of sales and numbers. I've seen more RP and successful guilds in GW2 than I have ever seen in something like TOR.  It's pretty damned successful if you ask me.
Personal criteria.  Sorry, I thought I was being anecdotal.  And officially it's doing 'OK' in terms of MMO sales.

Personally, I'm bored of it.  It's still too much like WoW (especially the dungeons) but with some of the tools lacking that make some things less of a grind.

SinXAzgard21

I'd still take GW2 over Swtor any day.

Moraline

Quote from: Chris Brady on December 12, 2012, 03:44:05 PM
Personally, I'm bored of it.  It's still too much like WoW (especially the dungeons) but with some of the tools lacking that make some things less of a grind.

I felt the same way. It was too much like WoW.

Also, it's the lollipop and gumdrop fantasy setting that bores me to tears now. I'm over the high-fantasy settings now. I'm looking for MMORPG's with different settings.

TheGlyphstone

I wish someone would make a good Shadowrun game. The setting is almost perfect for an MMO, it's incredibly fleshed out, and would be a genre almost completely untapped.

Moraline

I totally agree. I'd love to play a Shadowrun MMORPG.   

I think Blizzard could totally take WoW and create a sort of Shadowrun'esque future Azeroth. That would rock and give all us old time WoW players a new home (with hopefully a similar feel but vastly improved graphics.)

Silverfyre

I think Blizzard should just let WoW run its own course and try something new.  Weren't they working on some new MMO some time back?  Any news on that?

A Shadowrun RPG would be the best gaming news I've heard in years.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Silverfyre on December 12, 2012, 07:09:43 PM
I think Blizzard should just let WoW run its own course and try something new.  Weren't they working on some new MMO some time back?  Any news on that?

A Shadowrun RPG would be the best gaming news I've heard in years.

Project Titan. They're still keeping it firmly under wraps, no one knows anything about it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titan_%28Blizzard_Entertainment_project%29

SinXAzgard21

Silverfyre

Eh, so we have some rumors and no hard evidence about a game that has apparently been in development since 2007?  Yeah, definitely just like the cake.

Pie is better any ways.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Silverfyre on December 12, 2012, 07:15:08 PM
Eh, so we have some rumors and no hard evidence about a game that has apparently been in development since 2007?  Yeah, definitely just like the cake.

Pie is better any ways.

It's classic Blizzard - they've got better information control/leak protection than the average government.

The cake is a lie, but pie is infinite.

Zeruiah

http://www.shadowrun.com/
Shadowrun MMO got funding off of kickstart I believe back in June.

Moraline

It's unfortunately not that kinda game though. It's just an MMO, not an MMORPG. At least that's my understanding. I was told it's just a game where you can join up in groups like a console game platformer. Not really the same open world concept as an MMORPG like WoW or SW:ToR.

Zeruiah

Nah, it's not from the looks of it. MMO as I was told though it'd be great if they went further with it.

Have you checked out the Fallout MMORPG at all?

Moraline

Quote from: Mayhymn on December 12, 2012, 08:53:12 PM
Nah, it's not from the looks of it. MMO as I was told though it'd be great if they went further with it.

Have you checked out the Fallout MMORPG at all?

I never even heard of a Fallout MMORPG? I'll definitely look into that.

Funguy81

The fallout MMORPG got cancelled.

There was some sort of contractual dispute between Bethesda and Interplay. Bethesda claims that interplay did not meet certain requirements, so it pulled the license to use the fallout universe in the MMO game. Which completely terminates the project.

A quick link is here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallout_Online

Braioch

Well, we still have the WoD MMORPG to look forward too!

;D

Yes, I'm geeked about it.

And also, the Elder Scrolls MMO as well :)

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Zeruiah

That's too bad about Fallout..

I'll check into WoD MMORPG!

Elder Scrolls is awesome, the MMO should be interesting.

Sasquatch421

Not to mention Neverwinter and the upcoming Marvel Hero's MMORPG.... Actually just read about Marvel Hero's in the new Game Informer, looks quite interesting. It even has Squirrel Girl as a character....

Outsider

Personally, I played SW:ToR from launch until 1.3 (?). I really enjoyed it the first months, played on the rare RP-PvP server because I quite like beating people up. But ever since the huge server transfer waves, the bad balance, the lack of RP options and everything it just hasn't been the same for me and I eventually quit.

Tried getting back to it recently, but it is still the same. People meet on Nar Shaddaa for cross faction RP because its the only lorewise acceptable place, you still can't emote to other faction players other than via say chat. The sitting still looks dumb as hell. So many mechanics that are not RP friendly. Its all those little things, pet peeves that add up to one gigantic wave of dislike. And thats coming from a pure Star Wars lover.

I of course also played the game for its gaming content, went through 3 storylines, of which one was exceptionally good and the other two were garbage; and I don't really feel like going through another since it will still be the same planets+the same planet storylines over and over.

Outsider

I'll just write what endings I disliked and for what reasons. Those were Jedi Knight and Jedi Consular. For that, know that I'm a hardcore Jedi fan. I put more detailed versions in spoilers below, don't click them if you don't want to know what happens.
Don't click me!

Jedi Knight
Way too overboard. SpacechildsuperJediJesus just doesn't work for me. Sure, being some kind of prophesized character does feel good.. but its going way overboard. On top of that, you have Kira, who's got even resistance to the Emperor? I just don't believe that.
Jedi Consular
Pretty much the same. Mind you that my Consular was my most beloved character.. but I basically was Jesus. Genius healer that fights a plague with his special talent, becomes General of a force with unrealistic power (Droids, Eshka AND Voss? The Voss in lore would -never- join.), then defeats someone as powerful as the First Child? And even more so, with his superior Force Power supresses that same presence. I would have loved the idea more to "just" be a normal Jedi, Obi Wan style, that doesn't have any super impressive feats from birth or something but still manages to be one of the most important characters in the later SW Universe

Silverfyre

The Voss in lore are Bioware's creation so I think they have a good idea on whether they might join such a cause or not. If I remember correctly, the Voss would joined the Consulor were a bit different from your usual Voss. I did find the story a bit flat too and the male voice actor was the weakest of the group, but I wouldn't say it wasn't plausible.  Just my opinion though.

Outsider

His voice acting was horrible.

"You people are a whole new level of hopelessness." Dialogue option three, always in the same tone. Ughhhhh.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: theoutsider on December 13, 2012, 06:21:44 PM
I'll just write what endings I disliked and for what reasons. Those were Jedi Knight and Jedi Consular. For that, know that I'm a hardcore Jedi fan. I put more detailed versions in spoilers below, don't click them if you don't want to know what happens.
Don't click me!

Jedi Knight
Way too overboard. SpacechildsuperJediJesus just doesn't work for me. Sure, being some kind of prophesized character does feel good.. but its going way overboard. On top of that, you have Kira, who's got even resistance to the Emperor? I just don't believe that.
Jedi Consular
Pretty much the same. Mind you that my Consular was my most beloved character.. but I basically was Jesus. Genius healer that fights a plague with his special talent, becomes General of a force with unrealistic power (Droids, Eshka AND Voss? The Voss in lore would -never- join.), then defeats someone as powerful as the First Child? And even more so, with his superior Force Power supresses that same presence. I would have loved the idea more to "just" be a normal Jedi, Obi Wan style, that doesn't have any super impressive feats from birth or something but still manages to be one of the most important characters in the later SW Universe

This is why I liked the Sith... You should read the ending for the Assassin.

Chris Brady

I liked the Bounty Hunter story best.

The Imperial Agent makes some light assumptions that you will be human, and most likely an Operative, which feels limiting, but damn if that ship ain't sexy.

The Sith paths are clearly intended for Pureblood characters.

Pyrre

Ah, so there are more people interested in SWTOR.

I'm glad to whomever posted that link in the other thread.

I'm on Ebon Hawk, and just started playing again.  Joined a guild, they seem cool, they are always looking for new members.  Play a Sith Sorcerer, so if anyone is interested, hit me up with a PM.  Or contact me, my name is Vesrel.

Moraline

Quote from: Pyrre on December 16, 2012, 08:26:56 PM
Ah, so there are more people interested in SWTOR.

I'm glad to whomever posted that link in the other thread.

I'm on Ebon Hawk, and just started playing again.  Joined a guild, they seem cool, they are always looking for new members.  Play a Sith Sorcerer, so if anyone is interested, hit me up with a PM.  Or contact me, my name is Vesrel.

You're welcome. Good luck with your RP!

MissMeep

If anyone is playing this and look for a new member, let me know.

Most of my stuff is on the Progenitor but I'm not against rolling on one of the US realms.  Even if it means not having any legacy :(

That said, if I rolled on an US realm I'd love a leveling buddy.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 12, 2012, 07:16:34 PM
It's classic Blizzard - they've got better information control/leak protection than the average government.

The cake is a lie, but pie is infinite.

That's because Blizzard isn't afraid to kill to keep secrets and won't silly things like laws stop them :P

I tried SWTOR for a day or so and... eh. The chat restrictions killed any joy I might have had for it.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on December 27, 2012, 12:19:58 PM
That's because Blizzard isn't afraid to kill to keep secrets and won't silly things like laws stop them :P

I tried SWTOR for a day or so and... eh. The chat restrictions killed any joy I might have had for it.

Google Inc. buys out Blizzard Entertainment. The New World Order has begun.

ShadowFox89

No no no.

The Secret War has begun, with agents from EA Games and Activision-Blizzard assassinating each other in back alleyways and Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony secretly backing both of them.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Funguy81

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 27, 2012, 02:10:08 PM
Google Inc. buys out Blizzard Entertainment. The New World Order has begun.

Wow...google now owns World of warcraft?   Disney bought star wars franchise just over a month ago. Gee, who's gonna by DC comics?

Sasquatch421

Quote from: Funguy81 on December 27, 2012, 08:45:44 PM
Wow...google now owns World of warcraft?   Disney bought star wars franchise just over a month ago. Gee, who's gonna by DC comics?
Image Comics will.... Then they should ruin them like DC ruined the Wildstorm Rising brand... The bad thing with Disney buying Lucasfilm is that they also have the rights for Indiana Jones and have no plans for him...

Funguy81

They know Star wars would make more money, but they might do something with him down the line.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Funguy81 on December 28, 2012, 11:35:40 PM
They know Star wars would make more money, but they might do something with him down the line.
Well, we know Disney is big on film preservation so it's likely that they put them back out, 'untouched', for the public at some point.

Warped

Playing SW:ToR since launch and loving it still. I just can't get enough of the universe. I've taken frequent breaks, I'm playing Secret World on the side, but keep coming back to ToR.

That said, I would love to find some adult RP in this game. I have three characters, an Inquisitor (50), a Knight (26) and a Bounty Hunter (21). If anyone wants some light RP; adult, sexual, whatever - I'd be happy to oblige. Not against rolling a new character and starting off together with someone. Could make a good story - two smugglers starting off together, two acolytes in the Sith Academy etc etc.

Drop me a PM if anyone is interested and we'll see.

ShadowFox89

I'd rather do such things over play-by-post. But to each their own.
Call me Shadow
My A/A