News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

WW2 Horror Story

Started by Stan', November 12, 2009, 10:31:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan'

I have a story I want to write with one or a few people.  It's heavily influenced by the WW2 genre (obviously), especially "Where Eagles Dare" but also "Medal of Honor: Frontline" and "Return to Castle Wolfenstein".  Depending on popularity and interest, this may be a straight-forward WW2 story or we may have our characters fighting demon/zombie creatures as well.  I will be playing "Lt. Morris", "Capt. Argyle", "Col. Schneider" and "Maj. Low", however the latter pair will not be introduced until later.

It's December 1940.  Nazi Germany has been delaying plans for Unternehmen Seelöwe, the invasion of England.  Meanwhile, a Canadian Captain and a Scottish Lieutenant have been carrying out sabotage and espionage missions in Europe for the Special Operations Executive.  This time, however, they will be working together along with a squad of highly-skilled, handpicked soldiers.  These roles will be played by whoever is interested.

The squad are parachuted in to Norway, with orders to destroy a Luftwaffe base which has been attacking Allied North Sea warships.  Their second objective is to rescue Major Henry Low, an SOE operative captured during the German invasion.  However, it's also been reported that elements of Oberst (Colonel) Dietrich Schneider's 808. Infanterie-Regiment are in the area.  There's rumours that Schneider is deeply fascinated with the occult, but the British believe it is all speculation.

I'm looking for a few roleplayers who are not afraid to leave realism behind.  Some characters will die, while the others will be going through Europe, chasing after Col. Schneider and his (experienced/demonic/zombified) soldiers with a bag of near-unlimited amount of ammunition.  Leave a note if you're interested.

Carlissa

Yeah! Go Where Eagles Dare! Both the movie and song! How would a female fit into this?
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

DeviantMunster

I'm also interested in this, though I'm also curious about the same question!

KunoichiRogue5

Considering that back then women weren't allowed on the front lines..? I'm very interested in it this but I too must say I'm curious.
"You will obey the darkness, and aid your new master."
-Daigotsu

O/Os

GreenHavok

two very popular positions for women at the time were as medical care takers, and spies. Both very important. But you could also work in a civilian into the story, or even if it is "fantasy" who is to say that there wasn't a female behind Nazi plots, or working Roosevelt like a puppet? just my two cents.

Stan'

My original thought for this roleplay (before I changed it to a group) was to have my two soldiers meet up with a female agent who would work with them in stopping the Germans.  Either your characters can be resistance fighters, or SOE operatives that have been hidden in Norway for a while.

The Joker

Quote from: Carlissa on November 12, 2009, 09:18:42 PM
Yeah! Go Where Eagles Dare! Both the movie and song! How would a female fit into this?

Well.....

And my personal favourite....

Chalk me up as an interested party, piqued by both the premise and the screenshots...

;)

Carlissa

*Looks at pictures*...Huh...But I don't wanna be a Nazi...

I would be cool with being a nurse...
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Stan'

Yeah, I was thinking that the roleplayers would take on the role of Allied soldiers... rather than Nazis...

DeviantMunster

I'd totally play a Nazi, no offense intended. Certainly would be interesting with the Occult warfare idea. But, then again, playing an entirely evil person would also not exactly be all too fun.

Stan'

Well, we could always have some people playing Nazis, I don't mind that.  However, I'd rather we didn't have two people playing as Allied soldiers, and having fourteen Cruella de Vils running around.

The Joker

Quote from: Stan' on November 13, 2009, 07:31:36 PM
However, I'd rather we didn't have two people playing as Allied soldiers, and having fourteen Cruella de Vils running around.

I must be running with the wrong crowd then, because the thought of fourteen Cruella's chasing after me has me salivating already.....

>:)

Seriously, if you're looking for a Schneider then count me in, but if it's allies only you're looking for then I'm in full retreat, French army style.

DeviantMunster

Having some players playing the opposite could be fun! Though I'm curious as to what exactly you'll be including in this game. There's -a lot- of NazixAllied things out there, especially in regards to the Occult. Are you going to include ancient relics? Vampires? Werewolves? Maybe hordes of undead zombies?

Stan'

QuoteSeriously, if you're looking for a Schneider then count me in.
Well, I'll be playing Colonel Schneider.  But if you lot really want to play as Nazis, then I guess you can.

QuoteAre you going to include ancient relics? Vampires? Werewolves? Maybe hordes of undead zombies?
No, they're won't be any vampires or werewolves involved in this story.  I can't stand that kind of stuff.  However, I have multiple ideas on what exactly the Allies (and Germans, for that matter) will be fighting.  Basic ideas form in the search of a relic that Colonel Schneider and his SS-Okkulte-Regiment will be looking for.  Once found, all carnage will be released.  Either demons will begin attacking, dead soldiers will begin to rise, or a squad of Nazis will become "possessed" and eventually become enemies to all characters.  Anyone who would like to become a "demonic" Nazi is welcomed.

DeviantMunster

I see! Out of curiosity, then, are we as Allies (or Nazis) going to go around killing things and trying to stop this evil Colonel? Or will there be more to the story? I'll probably join the Allies if so, because I'd rather not simply try to kill off others' player characters.