Anathema Ascendant [Exalted 2.0, MUL] Recruiting players

Started by indarkestknight, June 04, 2010, 10:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

indarkestknight

The Forsaken. The Blasphemous. The Unclean. The Wretched. The Deceivers.

The Anathema now scourge the lands of Creation in greater numbers than they have in eons, since their overthrow at the hands of the righteous Dragon-Blooded Host. The Dynasts, bereft of their leader, scarcely comprehend the looming threat, even as the Viziers of Yu-Shan and the Silver Pact scramble to gather their strength against those who were once the most powerful of their number, for the Anathema who walk the lands are no longer Lawgivers, no longer Solars, but terrible Green Sun Princes and Deathknights. If the former Chosen of the Unconquered Sun will be the ruin Creation in this, the darkest hour of the Age of Sorrows, who will rise to challenge them, and are they up to the task?

Hello, everyone. I'm looking to start an Exalted 2.0 PbP Campaign in which few-to-no Solars remain. In a deviation from canon, the Deathlords succeeded in capturing the Solar Exaltations as they escaped from the Jade Prison, and now the Neverborn and the Yozi both hold about 150 corrupted Solar Exaltations (a slight adjustment to the canon agreement between the Ebon Dragon and the Neverborn). Most extant Solar Exaltations which were not trapped in the Jade Prison have been captured by either the Abyssals or the Green Sun Princes, and corrupted.

The Scarlet Dynasty is taking the same position against the Anathema as it does in canon. A tiny Gold Faction and the Seneschals of the Sun Kings are independently working to find a way to redeem the corrupted Exaltations, but the ranks of the Bronze Faction have swelled, and the rest of the Silver Pact is ready to act against their former Lawgiver mates as the Stewards of Creation.

There will be no Solar PCs at this point (though renegade Abyssals and Infernals may work towards redemption and eventually return to being Solars), and, at the moment, I will probably not allow for Alchemical Exalts, Dragon King, Raksha, Mountain Folk, or Enlightened Mortal PCs, though both they and even the few rare Solars may make cameos as NPCs. Akuma may be allowed as PCs at a later date once more xp has been accumulated, or PCs may even eventually seek to become Akuma. You can pitch an Alchemical concept to me, and I may accept if I like it, but understand I'm more likely to say no than yes.

The main possibilities I foresee for a campaign in this setting would be the following:
- A circle of loyalist Abyssals working for the Deathlords, the Neverborn, and Oblivion.
- A coven of Green Sun Princes working towards the Reclamation for the Yozis.
- A group of Abyssals, Green Sun Princes, Gold Faction Sidereals, Sun King Seneschal Lunars, or a mixed group of the above, working to find redemption for the ex-Solars
- A group of Bronze Faction Sidereals, Silver Pact Lunars, Terrestrials, or a mixed group desperately working to stave off those bearing the corrupted Solar Exaltations and save Creation.

At this point, I don't have any set cap on the size of the group, though I would like a consensus on what everyone would like to play.  I'd like at least four players interested. If I get at least two groups of four players each looking to play in two different kinds of groups, I may consider having two parallel sub-games. Alternatively, in addition to the main game, I would be willing to accept solo games in this alternate Exalted setting.

Sexual elements will be dependent on the players' desires and comfort zones.

Further rules will be added once interest has been gauged.

Iksander

I'm interested, with a preference for the pro-Yozi group or for the redeemers.
I'm Just Some Guy.
Really.

Kanen

I'd like to throw my hat into the ring for Lunars.  I haven't don't much reading on the Green Suns or Abyssals.

Revelation

I think I might be interested in a green sun prince in the redemption/redeemer group. I've had a huge itch to play one for a while, and see if they really can be heroic. They also have really cool charms, despite a few wonky concepts that I don't totally enjoy. I'll have to read up on them some more before fully committing.

Pumpkin Seeds

I could go for the redeemer group.  Not quite sure which part I'd like to play, but that idea is certainly intriguing.

Elohim

Drivestort