Shot on location? Green screens are invading television

Started by PrimalChaos, March 16, 2010, 11:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrimalChaos

I just had to share this fantastic video I found - Are you really sure what you are watching on television was shot on location? Look very closely, you might be surprised.

Stargate Studios Virtual Backlot Reel 2009
"That which issues from the heart alone / Will bend the hearts of others to your own." - Faust
Primal's Urges (Plot Ideas)  Ж  Ons and Offs

A&A: Available.

Sabby

PrimalChaos

Quote from: Sabby on March 16, 2010, 12:09:50 PM
I thought this said Shotacon o__O

There still remains this persistent minority on the Internet who use common English words more than Japanese slang. I know, we throw you off when we show up. :)
"That which issues from the heart alone / Will bend the hearts of others to your own." - Faust
Primal's Urges (Plot Ideas)  Ж  Ons and Offs

A&A: Available.

stormsfury

Sanctuary is pretty much entirely green screen, though they pull it off very well in my opinion. I suppose it's cheaper on production to use a green screen instead of schlepping an entire cast and crew around from location to location. I guess I don't mind so long as it doesn't look cheesy.

Kunoichi

Yeah, they generally get some pretty good work done with the green screen nowadays.  'Course, some settings just can't be faked all that well, hence the occasional bits of location shooting that are still necessary...

stormsfury

Agreed. Plus, technology has gotten to a point where green screens can be well done and seamless so that you never know it was used.

Samael

Incredible... I never thought shows like CSI or Monk were using so much CGI.
I was completely captured by that video. Wow.
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

LIAR

Indeed, that was pretty amazing to watch. I never knew!

Kunoichi

I, for one, welcome our new computer-enhanced overlords.