News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Installing a new hard drive

Started by Aadreal, June 08, 2013, 06:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aadreal

So my old hdd on my lappie was starting have some boot issues and I decided to replace it before it becomes an issue.  I purchased  WD SATA drive along with a case.  Per the WD website I've also downloaded their HD clone program (think it's called Acronis).  Per the directions I found, I removed the old HD and put it in the case then inserted the new HD.  Plugged in the old HD using the included usb cord (I tested the cord before doing all this just in case) and turned on the lappie.  Computer started, I went into the boot menu and told it to load from the usb.  Only now I'm being told there's an issue and being given the option to repair or restore prior backup.  I think that's what it said, I'm now stuck in the eternal repar attempt.  Tried to use the restore option but it couldn't find anything to restore.  Did I miss a step? Do something wrong?

The lappie came with Vista but I later installed Win 7.  It's a Toshiba Sattelie if that helps.  Any help you can provide would be appreciated.  And I apologize for any errors.  I am typing this from my phone.

Aadreal

And never mind.  I think the problem was the cloning software.  Downloaded another program and it seems to be cloning it just fine.  *fingers crossed*