Lilitu's RP Requests

Started by Lilitu, June 09, 2011, 10:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilitu

I'm interested in doing a relatively free form roleplay with someone. It's been a while for me so I may only be up to a semi-lit par. I prefer to write in third person, I don't like one-liners but I understand sometimes they need to happen. I like highly creative RPs that progress at a moderate rate. So here are some ideas for characters and RPs I'd be interested in. If any strike your fancy post back a counterpart character or any other ideas you may have. I figure others may have things they'd like to try though they don't want to make a whole thread so I'd love to hear it if I seem like a like minded RP partner who could help you bring your fantasies to life.

~L

The Ideas

-[Sci-fi]The setting is in the future when the world is highly overpopulated and there isn't much natural life left. Most of the planet is city and sewage has to be recycled and purified for water. Mission ships have started to take 'selected citizens' into space in hopes of finding a new home.The level of sci-fi is flexible.

Name: Syrinx Bonne
Bio: This waif of a [human] girl lives in the heart of the older part of the city. It used to be a wealthy area until guerrilla soldiers came through and trashed it. Most of the residents were able to escape with their families onto the ships including Syrinx's own family who abandoned her when she was a teenager because of a defect in her DNA that wouldn't allow her on the ships.
She's been living in the ghostly shadows of the city ever since.

-[Fantasy][M/F]There is a land that is known to be a paradise. Creatures and beings of all kinds are at peace there, and the terrain is that of a bountiful garden. But there is always a dark side to things. Every night when the sun goes down there is the fear that the dark ones will rise and take their sacrifice from their beds if they weren't fed the blood of the priestesses who guard the Dark Temple.

Name: Aranya Dasa
Bio: Aranya is a priestess of the Northern temple who was raised within its walls because she was said to be cursed. The Priestess' of the North are renowned for their exotic beauty though few have had the pleasure of laying their eyes on them. Nobody knows how long Aranya has been there because she ages slowly and doesn't have much to say. She fulfills her sacred duty once a month on the new moon when the dark ones crave more then just blood- they crave life. So once a month she bleeds herself dry before bursting into flames and burning until there is nothing left but ashes. Then she is reborn.

-[Macabre/Horror]Nightmare realm where dreamers get trapped and others live completely within the dream.

Name: Corinne
Bio: For Corinne being within nightmares is just a day to day thing, not having lived outside. Surviving has become second nature to her and not all elements of nightmares are bad...

<3

Blackflow

I'm interested in your sci-fi setting.  The idea of the overcrowded city world appeals to me as fertile ground for stories.

I, too, am looking to get back into it roleplay, so hopefully we can ease each other back in.

Name: Jora Saraikar
Bio: Deep in the bowels of the city, Jora lives in a single room that can barely be called an apartment, faceless among the thousands in similar circumstances, friendless in the dark, dirty world he fled to after his mother's death.  But for years, he has lived his "real" life on the on the Latwork, a digital presence unfettered by the limitations of the body, uncaring towards the degradation of his world.  Sustaining himself as a security consultant, he ekes out his meager living, rarely coming up for air except during the increasingly common lattice blackouts in his sector, with no goals beyond his next computer trip.
He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder.

Lilitu

Excellent I'm glad you spoke up and want to give the sci-fi a whirl with me. Would you prefer to RP in PM or thread and also we should have a way for the two characters to initially come together.

Blackflow

I prefer a thread, as the PMs get lost and broken up and aren't as prettily lined up top to bottom  :-)

I was thinking they meet each other as a consequence of taking cover from the gang warfare you mentioned and running into each other; either while Jora is out while his computer's down and running into her or with Syrinx stumbling into his apartment complex.  If you have a better, though, I'm not married to this one.
He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder.

Lilitu

I like the stumbling into his apartment idea. I'll start a thread.

Blackflow

Alrighty, looking forward to it.

Lilitu