A couple of odd ideas.

Started by Jeramiahh, August 17, 2007, 03:20:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeramiahh

As much as I don't need to be starting a new game, these two ideas have been bouncing around in my head for a while, now, and demand to be heard and played.

1) A Familiar Face. Based on one of the most interesting scenes I've played so far... A man (or woman) finds themselves in a parallel world. Everything's the same, except for a few minor differences. Nothing significant; maybe a different team won the Superbowl one year, maybe a street goes by a different name, something along those lines. Oh, and, as the person finds out, they're already here. As the opposite gender. Which leads to the ultimate question; would you have sex with yourself, of the opposite gender?

2) The Gathering. This one requires a bit of explanation. As I was working on a system for resolving duels for a Harry Potter-esque game I'm working on, I kept getting this feeling of deja-vu. It took me a good couple hours, but finally, I placed it; a game I'd been playing for well over a decade, and was intimately familiar with. And it struck me; why hadn't anyone made an RPG out of this wonderfully detailed, complex, and exciting setting?

Imagine: Two wizards face off, each tapping into and changing the landscape around them, summoning exotic creatures, hurling mighty spells, and leaving the battlefield a smoking ruin, before one finally falls. Sound exciting? Bet you'll never guess what game I'm basing this off.

Magic: The Gathering. Yes, the card game. I'm still working on the design for it, but by combining some of the basics of the card game with the RPG-like computer game that came out about 8 years ago, adding in some freeform elements and giving it all a good mix in the blender, I'm hoping to try out a freeform-system hybrid game. Anyone up for it?
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.