Battletech 3145 - Recruitment (Open for recruitment)

Started by Blobbe, June 16, 2014, 07:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Serperior

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on August 10, 2014, 02:43:27 PM
Not that I'm the sort to scream about adherence to canon, but the background for Dayna doesn't seem to have anything to do with the actual Clan Jade Falcon - it reads more like someone joining a bandit merc group that called/styled themselves the Jade Falcons in homage to the actual Clan. Good backstory story, but the discongruities with canon are kinda jarring.
Well, I am not very well versed in the Battletech/MechWarrior/MechAssault world, so I just know what I have read through at a glance.  From what I know, the Clan Jade Falcon use any means necessary to win and I figured they'd like to attack home-fronts to lower moral of whoever they are fighting.  *shrugs*  If it needs fixing, I'll fix it.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

orderNchaos

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on August 10, 2014, 02:43:27 PM
Not that I'm the sort to scream about adherence to canon, but the background for Dayna doesn't seem to have anything to do with the actual Clan Jade Falcon - it reads more like someone joining a bandit merc group that called/styled themselves the Jade Falcons in homage to the actual Clan (which would be a great substitution/edit to make the whole thing flow better, joining 'Sons of the Jade Falcons' or something and leaving the rest intact). Good backstory story on its own merits, but the discongruities with canon are kinda jarring.

Of course you could have her be raised in a family that had spent 3-4 generations living on a Jade Falcon controlled planet.  Seeing as how the Clans are cut off from their homeworlds, they are more likely to pull some limited recruits who prove themselves from the local populations.  Maybe not Jade Falcon, but some of the other Clans might, like the Wolves.  Perhaps the family has served the Clan who administered their planet and that could be how Archangel got into the situation she's in.  Otherwise, I like the character concept.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: King Serperior on August 10, 2014, 03:35:47 PM
Well, I am not very well versed in the Battletech/MechWarrior/MechAssault world, so I just know what I have read through at a glance.  From what I know, the Clan Jade Falcon use any means necessary to win and I figured they'd like to attack home-fronts to lower moral of whoever they are fighting.  *shrugs*  If it needs fixing, I'll fix it.

It's more...everything else, really. Clans don't recruit outsiders - the extremely xenophobic Jade Falcons most of all - they either grow their gene-tailored elite warriors in uterine replicator tanks or fill out their cannon fodder with biological birthed 'freeborn', born to members of the Warrior caste typically. They're trained from birth for utter, unquestioning devotion and obedience to orders, and are extremely racist towards anyone, even their own, who is bio-born instead of tank-grown. They don't even use surnames unless you're enough of an ass-kicking hero to win one of a specific set in a tournament (yeah, they have tournaments specifically to see who deserves a last name that's become available when the previous owner dies).  Throw in their unusual vocabulary and speech patterns, and the screwed-up honor codes they live by, and it's not easy to accurately portray an 'authentic' Clanner.

Quote from: orderNchaos on August 10, 2014, 05:16:26 PM
Of course you could have her be raised in a family that had spent 3-4 generations living on a Jade Falcon controlled planet.  Seeing as how the Clans are cut off from their homeworlds, they are more likely to pull some limited recruits who prove themselves from the local populations.  Maybe not Jade Falcon, but some of the other Clans might, like the Wolves.  Perhaps the family has served the Clan who administered their planet and that could be how Archangel got into the situation she's in.  Otherwise, I like the character concept.

This is sort of what I was thinking and was going to suggest...rather than being an actual Jade Falcon, she was recruited into/joined an independent army that styled themselves after the Jade Falcons. Effectively a bandit/rogue merc group, but ones that were enamored with the Jade Falcon mythos and did their best to emulate the Clan by imitating the legends, myths, and bits and pieces of true knowledge they had about how 'real' Jade Falcons acted. For example, the bit about war games to weed out recruits is almost, but not, a reflection of the Trials of Position that the Clans give newly trained warriors to see what military rank they deserve. It would fit the description, and be rather amusingly meta, since this also effectively describes King_Superior's knowledge of the Clans OOC - fragmentary memory mixed with facts and assumptions. Bonus points if part of her 'cultural education' was watching the In-Universe Mechwarrior propaganda cartoon. She might even think they were real Jade Falcons, having never known the difference, resulting in extra hilarity versus Damien (not only is she claiming to be from an enemy clan, she acts like a low-budget Inner Sphere vid-drama imitation of a Clanswoman), or worse, if she ever meets an actual Jade Falcon.

King Serperior

Quote from: orderNchaos on August 10, 2014, 05:16:26 PM
That's sort of how I designed her.  Her father, an older general, served for the Jade Falcons on a planet that they controlled, but whose influence they had little over (according to my readings).  From there, she joined a small gang and eventually joined the Jade Falcons after her father died before leaving them after receiving orders that would resort in the killing of innocents.

There, she took the Archangel and repainted it and renamed it Supernova.

EDIT:  Ninja'd
Quote from: TheGlyphstone on August 10, 2014, 05:25:07 PM
It's more...everything else, really. Clans don't recruit outsiders - the extremely xenophobic Jade Falcons most of all - they either grow their gene-tailored elite warriors in uterine replicator tanks or fill out their cannon fodder with biological birthed 'freeborn', born to members of the Warrior caste typically. They're trained from birth for utter, unquestioning devotion and obedience to orders, and are extremely racist towards anyone, even their own, who is bio-born instead of tank-grown. They don't even use surnames unless you're enough of an ass-kicking hero to win one of a specific set in a tournament (yeah, they have tournaments specifically to see who deserves a last name that's become available when the previous owner dies).

This is sort of what I was thinking and was going to suggest...rather than being an actual Jade Falcon, she was recruited into/joined an independent army that styled themselves after the Jade Falcons. Effectively a bandit/rogue merc group, but ones that were enamored with the Jade Falcon mythos and did their best to emulate the Clan by imitating the legends, myths, and bits and pieces of true knowledge they had about how 'real' Jade Falcons acted...it would fit the description, and be rather amusingly meta, since this also effectively describes King_Superior's knowledge of the Clans OOC. Bonus points if part of her 'cultural education' was watching the In-Universe Mechwarrior propaganda cartoon.
As explained before, her father was an older general of the Clan who gave his only child the best education possible.  I hinted a lot in the background that he wouldn't allow her to join the Jade Falcons, even though she was allowed to participate in small war games.  After his death, she joined the Clan anyway as part of his legacy, but left after it turned out that things weren't what she thought.

That said, the 'Jade Falcons' that she 'joined' could have been a large bandit/rogue/mercenary organization that flew the banner of the Falcons and no one but the leaders knew that?  Gah, it's been a long day and I have to be going for now.  Thanks for your ideas and suggestions!  I'll see if I can incorporate them when I get back to my computer.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: King Serperior on August 10, 2014, 05:32:31 PM
That's sort of how I designed her.  Her father, an older general, served for the Jade Falcons on a planet that they controlled, but whose influence they had little over (according to my readings).  From there, she joined a small gang and eventually joined the Jade Falcons after her father died before leaving them after receiving orders that would resort in the killing of innocents.

There, she took the Archangel and repainted it and renamed it Supernova.

EDIT:  Ninja'dAs explained before, her father was an older general of the Clan who gave his only child the best education possible.  I hinted a lot in the background that he wouldn't allow her to join the Jade Falcons, even though she was allowed to participate in small war games.  After his death, she joined the Clan anyway as part of his legacy, but left after it turned out that things weren't what she thought.

Like I'd said...it just doesn't mesh with how they'd typically work. A trueborn Jade Falcon general (called a Star Colonel or possibly a Galaxy Commander, depending on how high-up of a general they'd equate to) would find the idea of having a biological child slightly less abhorrent than bestiality - it's the job of the Scientist Caste to pair up promising combinations out of the gene-banks, the 'parents' get no say and often don't even know they have 'children'. Being added to the gene-banks is a mark of extremely high honor and success in battle, being removed from them is the ultimate disgrace. A freeborn warrior - slightly less likely to internalize those prejudices - would, in the Falcons, have next to no chance of gaining high rank in the first place or be incorporated into the gene-banks.

That said, the 'Jade Falcons' that she 'joined' could have been a large bandit/rogue/mercenary organization that flew the banner of the Falcons and no one but the leaders knew that?  Gah, it's been a long day and I have to be going for now.  Thanks for your ideas and suggestions!  I'll see if I can incorporate them when I get back to my computer.

Honestly, I think this is the simplest way to preserve your character as you've written it - like OoC said, it's a great character, but it's a Jade Falcon in name only. The Dark Age blackout would be a perfect excuse for so much knowledge to be lost, resulting in a sort of cult dedicated to the Falcons. Between Comstar and the Word of Blake, there is certainly precedent for militant-religious cults in Battletech, and the Clan Invasion left big enough cultural scars across the Inner Sphere to create this sort of legacy. Depending on how long they'd existed, even the leaders of the organization might have been second-generation recruits who buy into their own mythos.

Blobbe

King Superior:

As GM, I'm going to have to say "no" on the Jade Falcon background; it doesn't fit at all with the world or the Clan mindset or approach. With what you've written, it'd make sense for her to be from a periphery faction, to be a mercenary brat or to be from some other minor power. If you want, I can supply a few helpful ideas and hints, but DJ's definitely not going to be Clan.

The other thing I'm going to have to "no" is the Archangel. It's an extinct design by 3145; more to the point, it's one that's deliberately been made extinct due to its past use and associations. (Also I think I explicitly named it back in the first post as unavailable, but...). On top of that, at this stage I'm not looking for any more assault 'Mech pilots.

DJ has some good ideas, but you need to change the background (and probably world of origin) and the 'Mech (something no heavier then 75 tons as well) before it's a go.

RubySlippers

Okay what mercenary company is the most roguish, scummy, malcontent and likely equally good in the game-verse?

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: KaylaM on August 10, 2014, 05:55:55 PM
King Superior:

As GM, I'm going to have to say "no" on the Jade Falcon background; it doesn't fit at all with the world or the Clan mindset or approach. With what you've written, it'd make sense for her to be from a periphery faction, to be a mercenary brat or to be from some other minor power. If you want, I can supply a few helpful ideas and hints, but DJ's definitely not going to be Clan.

The other thing I'm going to have to "no" is the Archangel. It's an extinct design by 3145; more to the point, it's one that's deliberately been made extinct due to its past use and associations. (Also I think I explicitly named it back in the first post as unavailable, but...). On top of that, at this stage I'm not looking for any more assault 'Mech pilots.

DJ has some good ideas, but you need to change the background (and probably world of origin) and the 'Mech (something no heavier then 75 tons as well) before it's a go.

Is the idea of a Jade Falcon successor cult acceptable for modifying the background so KS can minimize the rewrites needed on that front, at least?

Quote from: RubySlippers on August 10, 2014, 05:56:50 PM
Okay what mercenary company is the most roguish, scummy, malcontent and likely equally good in the game-verse?
My first thought was the Grey Death Company. Definitely one of the most 'good' (in the sense of 'heroic) groups, but utterly terrible mercenaries since they kept breaking contract to side with the good guys against their evil employers. But they're also extinct/disbanded for exactly those reasons, almost a century prior to the current date in game.

You're best off just making up one of your own, since there isn't a lot of info about canon Merc organizations in the post-Dark Age era - all the famous ones are pre-Dark Ages. "X's Y's", "The Z Brigade", the "Color Creature"...plenty of fill-in-the-blank templates to use.

King Serperior

Quote from: KaylaM on August 10, 2014, 05:55:55 PM
King Superior:

Alright, I can live with that.  As I said, any hints, tips, ideas, and suggestions would be greatly appreciated as all I know of the universe comes from one xbox game from quite a few years back.  I'll be changing her story to be a brat from a minor power and joining a mercenary group or something.  I already have some ideas that might just work.
yeah, that was my fault.  Somehow, I looked right over that >.>;  My apologies there.  I'll be looking for something else soon.  Really, I'd either prefer an extremely highly maneuverable mech that carries fairly good firepower, or a very durable mech that deal in long-range attacks.
Understood.  Working on revisions now.

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on August 10, 2014, 06:04:40 PM
Is the idea of a Jade Falcon successor cult acceptable for modifying the background so KS can minimize the rewrites needed on that front, at least?
I have another idea that should work.  It regards a small group that runs the 'flag' of various groups from Clan Jade Falcon to the Clan Sea Fox to the Clan Wolf Alliance.

EDIT:  I am currently digging through the Mech listings right now, but if anyone has any suggestions to a Mech that uses mostly long-range energy weapons that is fairly mobile, let me know.  Thanks!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Blobbe

RubySlippers:

The only problem with the Grey Death Legion is that they're eighty-plus years dead by the time the game starts.

Personally, I'd say Hansen's Roughriders who are a good unit, albeit one who have a reputation for brutality and playing just this side of War Crimes. That being said, it works just as well to make up something of your own, which gives you the added bonus of being able to make up whatever you like (within reason, of course). Plus it also means you can think of any reason to leave said unit and it not mattering.

King Superior:

I'm going to say 'no' to the Clan angle full stop. With that being said, tell me what you're after in a background and we can work something out. Much like RubySlippers, we can go for "DIY Mercenary Unit" if all else fails.

On the 'Mech front, I think the big question is how heavy and/or fast do you want it to be (Very fast? Fast for its' weight)? That helps narrow it down somewhat, and means I can get cracking on a few good ideas.

King Serperior

Quote from: KaylaM on August 11, 2014, 09:05:33 AM
King Superior:

I'm going to say 'no' to the Clan angle full stop. With that being said, tell me what you're after in a background and we can work something out. Much like RubySlippers, we can go for "DIY Mercenary Unit" if all else fails.
The main thing I am after in the background is a girl who's military(of some sort or another) father is disappointed with as she is not a son, so he teaches her all he knows to her.  She rebels and joins some group or another who raids settlements for the fun of it, usually leaving the women and children alive.  At the end of it, something happens and the group starts killing each other and she escapes.
On the 'Mech front, I think the big question is how heavy and/or fast do you want it to be (Very fast? Fast for its' weight)? That helps narrow it down somewhat, and means I can get cracking on a few good ideas.
I'd prefer a lot of speed and agility, yet fairly armed.  I've only been digging around for about 15-20 minutes and have come across the Wraith as the main standout.  Extremely fast at 119km/h and is a Medium mech at around 55tons with jump jets (a preferred thing for me) to further increase maneuverability.  If this one is allowed, I'd think I'd like the TR2 configuration to replace the standard Tronel XIII Large Pulse Laser with an ER PPC for sniper capabilities.

If this is not allowed, then any long-range, fast and agile mech that focused mainly on energy weaponry.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Blobbe

Landshark:

Feel free to drop by the OOC Thread and say Hi, by the way! We'll be moving the plot along soon, which will give you a chance to get in ICly.

King Superior:

The Wraith is a fantastic choice, and is one of my personal favourites (Seriously, you guys seem to pick 'Mechs I like! It's like you're buttering me up or something!). The TR2 variant is fine with me.

On the background, the easiest thing to say is that Daddy was a mercenary commander or even a member of a house regular unit. DJ's old group she fell in with could easily be put down as nameless generic pirates or bandits, something that are not exactly in short supply and easy to fit in. It's also not the sort of thing you openly discuss in your past employment history.

King Serperior

Quote from: KaylaM on August 11, 2014, 09:33:43 AM
King Superior:

The Wraith is a fantastic choice, and is one of my personal favourites (Seriously, you guys seem to pick 'Mechs I like! It's like you're buttering me up or something!). The TR2 variant is fine with me.

On the background, the easiest thing to say is that Daddy was a mercenary commander or even a member of a house regular unit. DJ's old group she fell in with could easily be put down as nameless generic pirates or bandits, something that are not exactly in short supply and easy to fit in. It's also not the sort of thing you openly discuss in your past employment history.
Yay!  I really like the design of the Wraith as well.  I don't know how I missed it before.  As for buttering you up, I wouldn't know  *laughs* 

Regarding background, that sounds good.  I can go with that.  Her father's eventual death in the background could be when the mercs were ill-informed and sent to battle in pretty much a suicidal attack while DJ was left to co-run a small gang on whatever planet she was born on (still having trouble with planet of origin).  The news of her father's death makes her quit the gang, sell her father's mech for scrap and use the money from the selling and from what she made in the gang to buy a Wraith and join some roving band of pirates/bandits before the internal slaughter and her escape afterwards.

How does that sound?

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Blobbe

Quote from: King Serperior on August 11, 2014, 09:41:53 AM
Yay!  I really like the design of the Wraith as well.  I don't know how I missed it before.  As for buttering you up, I wouldn't know  *laughs* 

Regarding background, that sounds good.  I can go with that.  Her father's eventual death in the background could be when the mercs were ill-informed and sent to battle in pretty much a suicidal attack while DJ was left to co-run a small gang on whatever planet she was born on (still having trouble with planet of origin).  The news of her father's death makes her quit the gang, sell her father's mech for scrap and use the money from the selling and from what she made in the gang to buy a Wraith and join some roving band of pirates/bandits before the internal slaughter and her escape afterwards.

How does that sound?

That all sounds perfectly fine to me. Modify (or re-post) the character bio and we'll take a look at it for a final pass and the like.

King Serperior

Character

Name:  Dayna Jessica "DJ" Robins
Sex: Female
BattleMech: Wraith
Homeworld: WIP
Original Faction: Nebula Vipers (Mercenary Group) =>  Lifestreamers (Local Gang) =>  Wendigos (Bandit Gang)

Description: Standing at about 5'7" and weighing about 135lbs, DJ is rather striking, especially with her unique hair colors.  She usually has either deep red or a light purple hair color to cover her natural, blonde colors.  She's very attractive and wears clothes that promote her looks, as shown in the picture to the left.  Despite this, she's not actually vain, but likes the feeling of knowing she's desirable.  'Punk' could be a perfect description of her at first glance.  She has no piercings, but has a singular tattoo across her lower stomach written in a code from a gang she used to run with in her early years that is roughly translated to, "Life's not worth living if Dead."  The lower three words are hidden by her pants and belt.  DJ tends to look nearly five years younger than she actually is due to her very fine facial features.

Background:  DJ was born to a mercenary family as the last attempt to get a male heir.  Much to the older Commander's disappointment, their last chance resulted in her, their only child, a daughter.  Her father was frustrated as he typically viewed women as the weaker breed, but still taught her all she needed to know to survive.  From a very young age, she was taught to fight and was given a military education unlike that of most others.  By the age of 16, she was given a decommissioned Kabuto Light-Battlemech and was to practice using it.  She quickly mastered it's use and spent most of her time in it, much to her father's pleasure.  By the age of 18, she was given a mostly decommissioned Bloodhound medium-Battlemech and was allowed to participate in war games that the mercenary group, the Nebula Vipers, occasionally did for practice, even winning a few of the games, though never allowed to join the mostly male-run group.

By the age of 21, DJ had joined a local gang known as the Lifestreamers who she quickly became second-in-command to.  There, they caused much trouble, mainly harassing off-planet merchants and visitors, and for the next 3 years, they continued their antics until her father was killed in a battle on a far-off planet.  It wasn't until later that she discovered that the mercenary group was bought off and purposely sent to a battle they had no hope of winning.

His Heavy-Battlemech was brought back home and given to her, as per his final request.  She took the battered Nova Cat, repaired what she could, and sold it for scrap.  She then quite the gang, taking everything she had made for the last three years and used all the money from her savings and from the selling of the Nova Cat to buy her own battle-ready mech, a Wraith.  She eventually joined a bandit gang that called themselves the Wendigos, named for the mech of choice by most of the members (14/20 members having them),  and for the next two years, her little group of about 20 mechwarriors raided small cities, towns, and transports.  DJ was the fifth in command of the unit and made friends with nearly half the unit.  However, something happened on a raid. 

Normally, they left the women and children alive after taking all they wanted and killing any man who raised a defense against them.  However, due to an astounding consumption of alcohol, the commander of the unit gave the order to kill everyone and burn everything down while they were celebrating their latest raid outside the grounds of the small town.  DJ stood up and objected to the orders, causing the commander to order her killed as well.  Luckily, the friends she made stood at her side and a slaughter began. 

Two hours later, only five of the twenty members of the unit were alive, all who objected to the commander's orders.  DJ personally killed the commander and left his body out where the animals could eat it.  The five survivors parted ways, DJ taking her Wraith and stealing away on a small transport, leaving anything salvageable for anyone to come across it to take.  From then on, she worked for herself with the hopes of finding a new group with higher morals in regards to innocent lives.

Personality: Pretty level-headed, DJ is someone to rely on in battle.  Personally trained by her military father, she can suppress her emotions in order to keep a cool demeanor when under fire and can calmly pick her targets with ease.  As second in command to a well-organized gang and being fifth in command of small raiding unit, DJ can handle ordering or taking orders.

Outside of combat, she's teasing, fun, and playful, the kind of person who has difficulty making enemies. 

Specialty Skills:  Pretty good tactician as well as a nice shot with a rifle, DJ has been known to hold her own against men who are 'bigger and stronger' than she is.  She can pilot just about any battlemech class and is good at worming out information from men, and sometimes women, by using her charms.  Oddly enough, she's very well practiced at archery due to her father teaching her the skill as part of her military training.

BattleMech

Chassis:  Wraith TR2
Model: TR2
Weight Class: Medium
Callsign: Shinigami
Description: The Shinigami is painted jet-black with light-purple 'bolts of lightning' extending along the arms and legs.  There is a signature, blood-red pair of crossed Scythes on the torso, creating a 'Jolly Roger' of sorts with the painted skull headpiece.  It is very well maintained as DJ has a very large nest egg from her time as a bandit and mercenary, allowing her to do repairs quickly. 
Weapons:
1X ER PPC (Mounted on Right Arm)
2X Tronel XII Medium Pulse Lasers (Mounted on Left Arm)

Equipment: 
1X massive LTV 385 XL Engine (allowing speeds of up to 119km/h)
7X seven CurtissJet 55 jump jets (Allowing for jumps up to 210 meters)
Background:  Shinigami was a lucky find for DJ in her search for a mech.  She discovered it by chance at a black market when looking for a mech and fell in love.  After she proved herself and joined the bandits, the Shinigami proved its namesake by taking lives before they knew they were dead and allowed her to move up in the ranks.  The unique color scheme allows for best concealment at night.  The Shinigami is her legacy for her father who was cut down for an unknown reason.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

orderNchaos

Well looks like we're going to need to either go to a non-standard lance configuration for Striker, or restructure the Lances.  With the limited combat power, she might be a good fit for a reinforced Recon Lance.  The speed and maneuverability would bring a nice harassment capability with Hiro.

Blobbe

King Serperior:

Looks good to me. Feel free to post in the Characters and Unit Roster thread as well as the OOC Thread. I'll wrap up the current scene soon and we'll get to introducng the new characters

Ruby Slippers:

Would you be interested in playing the Recon Lance commander? The spot's open and there's nobody immediately in it, and while obviously your character's still in devleopment, at 40 they're also the oldest person in the unit so far, so hey! Experience and all

King Serperior

Yay!  By the way, I left DJ's home planet vague since I have no idea what to do with it.  Really, any suggestion will do, but I'll go ahead and post her and say hello.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

RubySlippers

Quote from: KaylaM on August 11, 2014, 05:21:29 PM
King Serperior:

Looks good to me. Feel free to post in the Characters and Unit Roster thread as well as the OOC Thread. I'll wrap up the current scene soon and we'll get to introducng the new characters

Ruby Slippers:

Would you be interested in playing the Recon Lance commander? The spot's open and there's nobody immediately in it, and while obviously your character's still in devleopment, at 40 they're also the oldest person in the unit so far, so hey! Experience and all

I'm looking for another Mech maybe but I'm fine with that. Work is work and her former company only had light mechs of various tonnages as elite light scouts and such.

Blobbe

Quote from: RubySlippers on August 11, 2014, 05:49:53 PM
I'm looking for another Mech maybe but I'm fine with that. Work is work and her former company only had light mechs of various tonnages as elite light scouts and such.

Cool beans. Let me know if you want any suggestions or ideas

RubySlippers

I wish we could modify mechs I would drop the ER Small Laser for something it seems kind of useless to me, maybe after the game starts.

King Serperior

Quote from: RubySlippers on August 12, 2014, 02:13:52 PM
I wish we could modify mechs I would drop the ER Small Laser for something it seems kind of useless to me, maybe after the game starts.
I've been doing a lot of research on mechs, so if you want some ideas or suggestions, let me know.  I assume you'd want a fast, well-armed mech of the Light/Medium type?  I can dig up a few that stood out if I have an hour or so.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

RubySlippers

That can go faster on a full out run of 302kph?

Just normal top speed is nicely over 200kph. She is a scout she is to find the enemy not fight them unless one is stupid enough to turn a lightly armor back in her direction in rush in and shoot range and duck behind natural cover.  >:)

King Serperior

Quote from: RubySlippers on August 12, 2014, 02:21:41 PM
That can go faster on a full out run of 302kph?

Just normal top speed is nicely over 200kph. She is a scout she is to find the enemy not fight them unless one is stupid enough to turn a lightly armor back in her direction in rush in and shoot range and duck behind natural cover.  >:)
How does the 180-200kph range sound?  I can hunt down 7-10 ideas for you.  Give me about an hour or so.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

RubySlippers

No her mech is the fastest land mech configuration there is at a whopping full speed on a escape run over 300kph. I just can't do that all the time.