News:

Main Menu

so win 10?

Started by Golden Spider, July 30, 2015, 03:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golden Spider

So i just upgraded and I thought that I would share some screenshots to show people whats up

here is the new IE on win10. (on E of course)

Now chrome

This is my Desktop

and my desktop with the Start menu

and least but not least. this is a screenshot of one of my Steam Videogames on win10

Here are my O/Os: http://bit.ly/1HmHtRE 

I have taken the Oath of the Drake: http://tinyurl.com/ptea68l

Oniya

Is that one of the stock desktops?  Or a custom image? 

More importantly, have you had any issues with performance? (i.e., applications not working, system slow-downs, that sort of thing.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

jouzinka

Can't wait to update myself. :-)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Golden Spider

Quote from: Oniya on July 30, 2015, 08:09:25 AM
Is that one of the stock desktops?  Or a custom image? 

More importantly, have you had any issues with performance? (i.e., applications not working, system slow-downs, that sort of thing.)

That is a custom desktop slideshow. I can post the link if you wish.

So far I have not had any problems with performance, although the update finished at 2:00 Am last night and i have been asleep since 3

:D

jouzinka

Do you find the sound palette as annoying as I do? It's pretty loud and noticeable. I would even say obtrusive.

I've been on the system for roughly 12 hours now. The only problem I had was with my Asus multi-touch touchpad, it didn't work as it was supposed to. One reinstall of the driver didn't cut it, but a couple and a couple of "repairs" and works like a charm. :D

Stella

Thanks for sharing this. I'm quite hesitant about upgrading from Win 7. I know I have to do it, but seeing images like this helps me get used to the idea..!

jouzinka

I actually think that it was bigger change from W7 to W8, since there was bo start menu and the metro wasn't honestly my fav

Jag

I upgraded to 10 last night and rolled back to 8.1 about an hour ago.

I'm not a tech person. I don't know much about these things. I just know that I didn't like it.

I found it boxy, the icons were too small and nothing I did made them larger (the ones in the task bar along the bottom). It was hard on my eyes. I also had a very hard time figuring out where things were. That search bar was awful on my laptop. It was slow, it would lag, and it didn't help me find things.

We also had internet issues with it. Every time I opened even E, our internet slowed to a crawl. Heaven help if I tried to open anything like Facebook with a bunch of images and junk on it. Hubby's games wouldn't run (they opened and worked, but they lagged something awful). We use Hulu and Netflix. Sometimes one person will be watching a show or movie, but someone else is using their laptop. We weren't able to do that. But if one of us stopped, the other device started working slightly better.

I don't like 8 much better, but at least I've managed to make it work. I'll update to 10 again when I have no choice but to do it. Just like every other OS change. I'll do it when they give me no other option. Maybe I'm just nitpicky, but I don't game and I don't do a lot on my laptop. I write in notepad and use the inernet to come on E, Facebook, Youtube, check email, and Fetlife. I would probably be fine if things never changed from Windows 95 back in the day.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

bubby

Quote from: Jagerin on August 02, 2015, 09:56:16 AM
I upgraded to 10 last night and rolled back to 8.1 about an hour ago.

I'm not a tech person. I don't know much about these things. I just know that I didn't like it.

I found it boxy, the icons were too small and nothing I did made them larger (the ones in the task bar along the bottom). It was hard on my eyes. I also had a very hard time figuring out where things were. That search bar was awful on my laptop. It was slow, it would lag, and it didn't help me find things.

We also had internet issues with it. Every time I opened even E, our internet slowed to a crawl. Heaven help if I tried to open anything like Facebook with a bunch of images and junk on it. Hubby's games wouldn't run (they opened and worked, but they lagged something awful). We use Hulu and Netflix. Sometimes one person will be watching a show or movie, but someone else is using their laptop. We weren't able to do that. But if one of us stopped, the other device started working slightly better.

I don't like 8 much better, but at least I've managed to make it work. I'll update to 10 again when I have no choice but to do it. Just like every other OS change. I'll do it when they give me no other option. Maybe I'm just nitpicky, but I don't game and I don't do a lot on my laptop. I write in notepad and use the inernet to come on E, Facebook, Youtube, check email, and Fetlife. I would probably be fine if things never changed from Windows 95 back in the day.

I am and always have been in the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" camp. I too have been wondering about the upgrade every since the icon showed up. I have a 4 year old laptop that I baby and coax along, and like you, the interwebz for me is E, FB, and the occasional surfing. No gaming or streaming. I think I'll do like you and stick with the Windows 7 until I'm forced to switch.

Cycle

I've been holding off too.  I finally got 8 to behave the way I want it to and I don't want to have to start over...  especially since I've read that 10 forces you to use the Microsoft browser until you disable it.

But for those who want to switch, read this.  There is some kind of ransomware scam involved.  O.o

Kuroneko

Quote from: Cycle on August 02, 2015, 01:03:13 PM
I've been holding off too.  I finally got 8 to behave the way I want it to and I don't want to have to start over...  especially since I've read that 10 forces you to use the Microsoft browser until you disable it.

But for those who want to switch, read this.  There is some kind of ransomware scam involved.  O.o

Just fyi, that first link goes to a 404 error page ;)
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Golden Spider

Quote from: Cycle on August 02, 2015, 01:03:13 PM

for the record every type of OS forces their customers to use their default browser untill you change it. WIndows does it with IE. Mac with Safari. Chrome with well... chrome. and Linux with Firefox. etc. etc

Vekseid

NightLux

Not sure about everyone else, but I feel after using Windows 10 for about two weeks, it has the best of Windows 8 and Windows 7.  I like the regression to understanding that not everyone has a laptop and we do like Windows 7, but its also nice being able to use SteamTile to make your start menu all graphic-licious.  And OCD people like me will love customizing it to our hearts intent.

Now, I just need tosee if Rainmeter will work with Windows 10.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
RP Status: Seeking new partners
RL Status: Looking forward to my birthday!
Solo Status: 0 (due) / 3 (total)
In Development: 0
Group Due: 0 (due) / 0 (total)
[/td][/tr][/table]