[5E D&D] Acquisitions Incorporated: Now Hiring! [No Longer Hiring]

Started by Chulanowa, February 02, 2018, 05:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marauder13

Illven

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 07, 2018, 10:52:29 PM
Honestly simple enough that it could just be your trinket, like a pull-cord doll or something.

My trinket is the invitation to a party of murder.  :P

Bibliophilia

If someone already had the pouch of sounds as their magical item, I can figure out something else.  I might work with Chula to come up with something unique that can serve as the mysterious item mentioned in her background, honestly.

It doesn't take much magic to baffle and awe Stacie.

sullivanthedreadlord

I walk in the light for ever bathed in its glory, and yet my heart yearns to be consumed by the darkness hidden with in my soul

My O/O Page

Chulanowa

Quote from: marauder13 on February 07, 2018, 10:56:38 PM
Mr Chulanowa, Sir, how is the concept of my Gnome Cleric thus far?

Aside from picturing a chipmunk every time I think of a gnome named Alvin? Seems okay!

InoshimaLance

Hey, Chulanowa, did you check out my message? I kinda need it for my char, x3.

Also, two questions:

About the Magical Item: Can I have a floating Journal and a Quill that writes/draws on its pages without the need of the user's hands? It obeys commands of the user but also sometimes helps like writing suggestions. Like when a letter is written, sometimes it writes what it thinks is best. (Think of the reporter in Harry Potter).

About Doll Familiar I mentioned earlier: Could we make an alternate version of Find Familiar to have a doll like that?

Chulanowa

Spells: I'd really rather keep things as-written, just for ease of bookkeeping.

Magic item: Yeah, a floating stenographer works; it's basically like a super-limited Unseen Servant, so no problem there!

Doll familiar: i already said it's a possibility  ;D

InoshimaLance

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 08, 2018, 09:56:16 AM
Spells: I'd really rather keep things as-written, just for ease of bookkeeping.

Can I change its name, cosmetics and damage type at least? Pretty please?

vin26m

Work in Progress.  Let me know what you think.

Grog
Half-orc Paladin 1
Medium humanoid, lawful good
--------------------
Armor Class 11
Hit Points 13 (1d10+3)
Speed 30 ft.
--------------------
STR 16 (+3), DEX 12 (+1), CON 16 (+3), INT 8 (-1), WIS 10 (+0), CHA 13 (+1)
--------------------
Saving Throws Wis +2, Cha +3
Skills Acrobatics +3, Athletics +5, Intimidation +3, Performance +3, Persuasion +3
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 10
Languages Common, Orc

Actions
--------------------

Greatsword. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 2d6+3 slashing damage.

Javelin. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 30 ft./120 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6+3 piercing damage.

Maul. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 2d6+3 bludgeoning damage.

Unarmed Strike. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature.
Hit: 4 bludgeoning damage.

Equipment chain mail, Greatsword, 5 Javelins, Maul, Net

Personailty Traits:
Attention - I have to be the center of attentio nor I get bitter.
Insult - I like nothing better than to throw insults at people and don't mind receiving them back.

Ideal:
People - When I perform there is only one thing that matters and that is the smile on the faces of the people watching (Neutral).

Bond:
Famous - I have one goal, to be famous, and I will do whatever it takes to achieve that goal.

Flaw:
Pretty - I fall head over heels for a pretty face.

Background:
Gladiator (Entertainer Variant)

Entertainer Routines:
Spectacular Combat
Storytelling
Singing

Background Feature:
By Popular Demand

Grog was a gladiator who died in the arena, then was resurrected by the paladin who defeated him.  The paladin described to Grog how the mortal form of his god, Kelemvor, was similar to Grog - they both had gruff exteriors and combative natures that hid a noble heart.  Grog still wants to fight in front of an audience and be famous, but now he does it to inspire and protect.

Snake

I'm interested still but I can't decide on a build to use. it sucks

InoshimaLance

Quote from: Snake on February 08, 2018, 12:33:18 PM
I'm interested still but I can't decide on a build to use. it sucks

Go nuts. Make an Orc Bard that is quite a coward and dyes his hair pink. 0w0

Snake

I was more thinking a frighteningly competent character :3 like a half elf kleptomanic warlock or monk :3

InoshimaLance

Quote from: Snake on February 08, 2018, 01:17:41 PM
I was more thinking a frighteningly competent character :3 like a half elf kleptomanic warlock or monk :3

So a pretty much normal warlock? x3

Chulanowa

Alright, I think I'm going to go ahead and close this to further interest; if you've popped in to express interest, even if you haven't put in a character yet, you're good to keep working on that! So Snake, AndyZ, Sullivan, you guys are good.

However this brings a thing; so far I'm liking what I'm seeing from you all, but, I don't think I could run for a group of more than five. So, here's the deal; two groups.

Group 1 will proceed as planned, with the adventure I had in mind for this.

Group 2 will have the option of either sticking with the AcqInc theme and a different adventure, OR their choice of any 5e module or Pathfinder adventure path (except Hell's Vengeance or Carrion Crown, for reasons).

How does this sound to everyone? It's a bit awkward sure, but I hate to leave people hanging!

InoshimaLance

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 08, 2018, 01:28:43 PM
Alright, I think I'm going to go ahead and close this to further interest; if you've popped in to express interest, even if you haven't put in a character yet, you're good to keep working on that! So Snake, AndyZ, Sullivan, you guys are good.

However this brings a thing; so far I'm liking what I'm seeing from you all, but, I don't think I could run for a group of more than five. So, here's the deal; two groups.

Group 1 will proceed as planned, with the adventure I had in mind for this.

Group 2 will have the option of either sticking with the AcqInc theme and a different adventure, OR their choice of any 5e module or Pathfinder adventure path (except Hell's Vengeance or Carrion Crown, for reasons).

How does this sound to everyone? It's a bit awkward sure, but I hate to leave people hanging!

Which ones made the cut for Group 1?

Illven

Chulanowa

sullivanthedreadlord

I walk in the light for ever bathed in its glory, and yet my heart yearns to be consumed by the darkness hidden with in my soul

My O/O Page

Chulanowa

InoshimaLance

Illven

sullivanthedreadlord

My O/O Page

Illven

sullivanthedreadlord

My O/O Page

InoshimaLance

Quote from: sullivanthedreadlord on February 08, 2018, 11:14:12 PM
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1486691

This is what i got so far. I have only built a barbarian so far in 5e.

Not fair, a sorcerer got more AC than me. I'll snipe you off with an arrow. x3 (Has to buy better armor, noted)

Speaking of AC:

Quote from: vin26m on February 08, 2018, 12:28:32 PM
Work in Progress.  Let me know what you think.

Grog
Half-orc Paladin 1
Medium humanoid, lawful good
--------------------
Armor Class 11
Hit Points 13 (1d10+3)
Speed 30 ft.
--------------------
STR 16 (+3), DEX 12 (+1), CON 16 (+3), INT 8 (-1), WIS 10 (+0), CHA 13 (+1)
--------------------
Saving Throws Wis +2, Cha +3
Skills Acrobatics +3, Athletics +5, Intimidation +3, Performance +3, Persuasion +3
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 10
Languages Common, Orc

Actions
--------------------

Greatsword. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 2d6+3 slashing damage.

Javelin. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 30 ft./120 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6+3 piercing damage.

Maul. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 2d6+3 bludgeoning damage.

Unarmed Strike. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature.
Hit: 4 bludgeoning damage.

Equipment chain mail, Greatsword, 5 Javelins, Maul, Net

Personailty Traits:
Attention - I have to be the center of attentio nor I get bitter.
Insult - I like nothing better than to throw insults at people and don't mind receiving them back.

Ideal:
People - When I perform there is only one thing that matters and that is the smile on the faces of the people watching (Neutral).

Bond:
Famous - I have one goal, to be famous, and I will do whatever it takes to achieve that goal.

Flaw:
Pretty - I fall head over heels for a pretty face.

Background:
Gladiator (Entertainer Variant)

Entertainer Routines:
Spectacular Combat
Storytelling
Singing

Background Feature:
By Popular Demand

Grog was a gladiator who died in the arena, then was resurrected by the paladin who defeated him.  The paladin described to Grog how the mortal form of his god, Kelemvor, was similar to Grog - they both had gruff exteriors and combative natures that hid a noble heart.  Grog still wants to fight in front of an audience and be famous, but now he does it to inspire and protect.

I think you have to check out yours buddy. You say 11 is your AC when you have a Chain Mail? Are you like not wearing it? Cause a chain mail gives a base of 16 AC.