Are you ready for some football!?!?

Started by Caity, August 08, 2008, 08:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King_Furby

I am soo excited, i am hopeing the patriots get their act together after the pre-season. I am concerned cause i guess Brady has ankle problems and wasn't playing in pre-season.

I am also delighted the bears finally selected orton as a starter, the poor guy got shafted in the past. I hope he really does well.

I just wish i had football network.

Caity

Orrr.. the Patriots can just continue to suck.  Either or.   :P

MagicalPen

Brady isn't hurt, he's just a giant pussy.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Caity

Quote from: MagicalPen on August 22, 2008, 09:32:00 AM

Oh my God!  *dies laughing* 

Finally.. someone else who doesn't worship the man.

MagicalPen

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Caity

I really hope the Jets are better than they played last week.   >:(

King_Furby

Quote from: MagicalPen on August 22, 2008, 09:32:00 AM

You are what you eat lol. Yea i agree he is a sore loser not going to the pro bowl and all but i actually like Brady and the pats. I like how they play on the field with all the energy and all that but i don't think they are the most ethical football team.

MagicalPen

Brady sucks if you get a little pressure on him.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Caity

I wanted to punch him in the face when they lost the SuperBowl.  Poor baby couldn't even congratulate the winning team, went to sulk in his locker room.  I like watching people play who actually like the game... Brady just looks like he's pissed off all the time.  No fun to watch. 

Jester

Am i the only brit that walked in here and went "What?"

King_Furby

Quote from: Caity on August 22, 2008, 01:56:10 PM
I wanted to punch him in the face when they lost the SuperBowl.  Poor baby couldn't even congratulate the winning team, went to sulk in his locker room.  I like watching people play who actually like the game... Brady just looks like he's pissed off all the time.  No fun to watch. 

For while alot of people liked him, but when you are a sore loser people lose alot of interest in you. I was very disapointed in Brady and Moss for refusing to attend pro bowl cause they lost. I like seeing them play but aside from that i am just like grrr why the fck did you become like that.

Bears are my fav team, though ill kill my dad if he keeps calling Orton; Horton.

Caity

Don't even get me started on Moss.  *eyeroll*

King_Furby

I did always prefur welker over moss personally. Shorter passes were important too.

The Overlord

Quote from: Caity on August 08, 2008, 08:30:55 AM
Is anyone else as excited about football season as I am?   ;D

No.  :P

shadowheart

I'm not a fan of professional football... I root for the Cleveland Browns.   :P

King_Furby

i like it when football teams run to the other side of the field and get a homerun. =)  :P

MagicalPen

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS! 

Favre had a 50 YD TD pass called back on a Penalty and was only sacked once (Jets 3 times total I think). Giants on the other hand were sacked 8 Times. I guess they got confused as to which team is supposed to have a good pass-rush? Didn't get to see the game, but by all reports Favre and the Offensive Line looked good. 10 - 7 victory for the Jets.

Looks like I won a bet with my Giants-Fan Sister :)

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Caity

The game was awesome!  It really gives me hope that they'll do well this season.  They don't have to just depend on Favre, which is good cause he looked tired.  That TD that was called back was a ripoff, illegal formation... Grrr. 

MagicalPen

And finally some payback for breaking Chads wrist a few years ago! lol

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Caity

That Chad Pennigton is a very nice boy.  I met him once... pre-NFL days.    :P

Spookie Monster

I'm certainly ready for some football!  I'm certainly ready for a Monday night party!  I'm ready for Frank and Al and Dan, too, although for some reason they haven't shown up recently... their beers are starting to get warm...

I myself am a big fan of the Patriots, of course, but I wish every team, every player, and every fan the very best of luck!

Spel
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

King_Furby

They are doing some fantastic marketing, having both manning brothers play some of the first season games. Man those two can really play hungry hungry hippo. That commerical is funny

Caity

I love Manning commercials.  And Favre commercials -- Wranglers.. mmmmm... *drool*

King_Furby

I hate Favre, i am like if you make a decision fricken stick to it. I have no respect for these older players who play the "i am going to retire", "yet i am not going to retire" game.

Well the giants won on thursday, that game was boreing though. Nothing high impact in my mind. Then again the skins pretty much got owned.

Caity

I love Favre.  But I do wish he was able to make decisions faster.  :p

First Jets game tomorrow!  Woo!