Jaeger Rising - A Pacific Rim interest check

Started by Primarch, July 24, 2013, 12:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ember Star

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on July 29, 2013, 07:46:07 PM
It's called "Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero".
Is there a place a can read it online? Preferably mobile compatible
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

TheGlyphstone

Doesn't appear to have a Kindle/mobile version for sale, but that's never stopped anyone. I'm sure there are places to find it for sufficiently creative seekers, though.

Yukina

Sorry, but my sheet might be delayed until tomorrow.

I finished the comic... I expected it to be about twice as long as that. :/

evangel

Yeah, the story is nice but the art is rather lacking along with the length. I wouldn't really buy it myself. :X

TheGlyphstone

Tie-in material can be like that, though it does give a lot of nice info about the setting. Hopefully the movie doing well will fund more supplementary material.

evangel

Agreed. AFAIK, the screenwriter wants to write more in other media regarding Tacit Ronin and her two pilots!

Awesome. Tacit Ronin is one of the coolest designs.

Name: Athena Metaxas
Nationality: Greek

Appearance:

Positive personality traits: Brilliant, thorough, disciplined
Negative personality traits: Standoffish, defensive, unconcerned about collateral damage

Pre-PPDC experience: Athena was still in high school when the attacks began. She was a globally recognized prodigy in robotics when the end of the world began, but dropped off the world’s radar not long after.
Other skills:
Speaks Greek, English, and passable Japanese
Undefeated at chess (she’ll omit that she’s never played a master)
Steel thumb (able to diagnose and fix mechanical problems in record time)

General Backstory: Athena worked closely with her father, Aineas, on the Jaeger project even as a teenager, as her father valued her viciously intelligent mind as a filter for his own. He broke an untold number of laws and non-disclosure agreements to involve her, but her contributions were important enough that neither of them were punished. During her time on the project, she nearly completed dozens of degrees on the side, but was too caught up in Jaegers to finish any of them. She never formally graduated.
Her father was a prominent public figure for the Jaeger Project, and when he died of complications arising from his close work with the Jaeger reactors, many looked to Athena to take his place. She vehemently opposed this newfound interest in her opinions and personal life, but often found herself ordered to engage them, for the lack of anyone better suited to it. Aineas had been a jovial, personable man, much-loved by the public. Athena found this legacy difficult to uphold. When not thrust into the public eye, she can be found tinkering.

Primarch

Athena looks solid.
Ryan needs a new pb & the backstory is rather under developed.

Primarch

Terribly sorry to do this as things are just coming together, but I just got a phonecall with some bad news I don't believe I'll be in an appropriate position to be running a game. If someone would like to take what I've provided and run with it you'd be completely welcome.

That sucks, but I can certainly sympathize. Do what you gotta do. :/

Ember Star

Quote from: Primarch on July 30, 2013, 10:55:32 AM
Terribly sorry to do this as things are just coming together, but I just got a phonecall with some bad news I don't believe I'll be in an appropriate position to be running a game. If someone would like to take what I've provided and run with it you'd be completely welcome.
Dang! Good luck!

As for somebody taking over, I'd follow. Rev and I were speaking of possibly setting up a group before this one sprung up. So maybe one or both of us can help out. Though I'm currently running a game of my own and co-GMing two others, along with all my other things. So IDK how much time I'll be able to put into the management of another.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

I'll still play but running isn't an option sadly

TheGlyphstone

Damn. Ah well. I definitely can't run the game, sadly.

evangel

Good luck, Primarch. I wish you the best, man. :(

I have no experience running a game, but I also really don't want this game to die before it even starts. I'm willing to GM/co-GM if there are no objections.

I'll help in any way I can, I just don't have time to manage characters and write scenarios.

Ember Star

Quote from: evangel on July 30, 2013, 01:50:21 PM
Good luck, Primarch. I wish you the best, man. :(

I have no experience running a game, but I also really don't want this game to die before it even starts. I'm willing to GM/co-GM if there are no objections.
If you can take control ICly of the Kenji and the plots/story, I can help manage OOCly with Q&A and characters. Then if we could have third for backup, that would be good. Because honestly, I have a lot on my hands right now. I just don't want this to die

evangel

No problems. I can do the Kaiju and I've got several ideas swimming in my head regarding the plot. If you could help out with the characters and setup, that would be fantastic! Thanks!

Revenent

I can help with anything if you need it, too. Story ideas, if nothing else.

evangel

Quote from: Revenent on July 30, 2013, 04:25:54 PM
I can help with anything if you need it, too. Story ideas, if nothing else.

Definitely could use those. Also, if I'm gonna do this then I'm going to drop out of the Ranger position. Maybe I'll make an NPC Jaeger but sorry, Darkcide! We'll find you another partner. Should I make a new topic or is it possible to transfer control over to me? I wouldn't mind making new recruiting/OOC/character application forum topics if only not to bother Primarch.

Yeah, you should. Having to go through him to edit top posts would get old real quick, believe me.

Ember Star

Yeah, just make new threads. There's no way (to my knowledge) to transfer ownership.

evangel

Hah, good point. :)

Alright, I'll set up new topics later tonight then. Any ideas or any directions you guys want to take with your character, feel free to PM me. We're still going to set up in Tokyo, we're still going to use fan-made Jaegers!