Giant Mutant Spider prank - funny or not funny?

Started by Beorning, September 08, 2014, 02:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beorning

So... a Polish Internet prankster recently unleashed this upon unsuspecting people of Warsaw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoB8t0B4jx4

What do you think? Is it funny thing to do, as many websites seem to think? Or is it just... too much?

I mean, I really wouldn't like to walk into an elevator and find a giant spider sitting on a human body...

Beguile's Mistress

They remind me of the people who treat train wrecks and high speed collisions with blood, dismemberment and death like entertainment.

Beorning

Ugh!

I can't help thinking that there's something... sadistic in these kinds of pranks. As well as... narcisstic? The guy has an idea for a video, so he makes it - and it doesn't matter to him that some real people will really get scared because of his prank. All in the glorious name of Youtube entertainment...

Rel Mayer

Poor puppy just wants cuddles from everyone and people are just running away from him/her!

Shjade

That's...that's pretty damn funny. And took some effort!

Only problems I see with it:

- someone might end up hurting the dog, which would obviously be bad

- the last clip, the one with all the string across the stairs, that could've caused some serious injuries depending on how fast someone tried to go through it/how tangled up they get. That guy looked like he almost took a header down the stairs getting back out. They moved it to the far end of the midway platform probably out of concern for that possibility, but...it's still an uncomfortable risk

- if someone tried this prank in Australia the local spiders might mistake the dog for one of their own and initiate an awkward one-sided mating attempt
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Vorian

Ons/Offs - Updated 10/8/14 to reflect my switch to Liege and attempt a bit more clarity.
Ideas
Absences - Updated 3/26/15

Dice

Quote from: Shjade on September 08, 2014, 04:19:15 PMif someone tried this prank in Australia the local spiders might mistake the dog for one of their own and initiate an awkward one-sided mating attempt
Hahaha, oh good god that is gold.

Neysha

The guy who ran into the string deserves it for acting completely like a horror movie victim.  Instead of calling the police,  he takes pictures.  And he flees from the spider by willingly running into the webs. If those were real,  he'd be guaranteed dead. At least taking chances evading/fighting the giant spider wouldn't be a guaranteed death like running into webs would've.
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Beorning

Quote from: Neysha on September 09, 2014, 02:24:06 PM
The guy who ran into the string deserves it for acting completely like a horror movie victim.  Instead of calling the police,  he takes pictures.  And he flees from the spider by willingly running into the webs. If those were real,  he'd be guaranteed dead. At least taking chances evading/fighting the giant spider wouldn't be a guaranteed death like running into webs would've.

Well, considering that the "spider" was an innocent dog, we should be grateful that the guy didn't try to fight it...

Also, I'd like to see you react rationally when confronted with a dog-sized spider running your way... ;)

Finally, I'm pretty sure that the guy was snapping pictures specifically because he recognized that the things in the web weren't real human remains. Maybe he thought it was a weird commercial, or something...

Blythe

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 08, 2014, 04:02:57 PM
Poor puppy just wants cuddles from everyone and people are just running away from him/her!

I echo this. That dog has such soulful sad puppy eyes.  :-(