Zombies Ate My Brain! (Survivors Win!)

Started by Remiel, November 26, 2010, 08:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zelric Miras

"Alea Jacta Est." he muttered looking up at Valerian as hse accused him. "A zombie? No I don't think I am. Nor I think that you are. My suspicion is on []Transgirlenstein, I think I heard her on that area the other night while I headed for the bathroom." He leaned back on his chair and looked at the others, he had no intention of remaining silent as the accusations ensued, still he wouldn't fall on someone that was so heavily accused without further evidence.

Transgirlenstein

"What?  I was up but I didn't see anything!  I was up for about 5 minutes then I was back to bed.  Why were you in the area Leo?"  She palmed the tube of cherry lip balm that she had found the other night.  There was no way she wanted Miss Marg or Geeklet to know she had it.
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Remiel

Current voting, as it stands:

Aiden (3) -- Marguerite, Geeklet, Transgirlenstein
Leorobin (1) -- Valerian
Marguerite (1) -- Aiden
Moirae (1) -- Ryven
Transgirlenstein (1) - Leorobin
Beguile's Mistress
Esoteric Myobi
Geeklet
Imogen
Izu
Kyrsa
Professor Loki Caprion
Rhedyn
rottenaim
Ryven
Valerian

Yet to vote: Beguile's Mistress, Esoteric Myobi, Imogen, Izu, Kyrsa, Moirae, Professor Loki Caprion, Rhedyn, rottenaim

Rhedyn

She quirked her eyebrow as she listened to the 'discussions' unravel. Truth be told she had no idea who could have been feasting on brains just hours ago but Transgirlenstein had piqued her curiosity. "Yes Leorobin, everyone knows the bathrooms are nowhere near aisle 15...whatever made you go through that area to get there?" She had never previously had a particularly suspicious mind but now all things had changed...paranoia was setting it and it was near palpable in the atmosphere.

Izu

He stayed quiet, looking down at the dead motionless body, feeling how his insides were turning upside down. For a moment he felt how his knees were about to give in and he rushed away from the isle, soon throwing up in one of the recycle bins. He had known that it had been too good! But he had felt safe... he had really hoped that maybe they were going to be safe here... But he guessed that he and everyone else had been wrong. He coughed and whimpered softly as he dropped on his knees, glancing at the group of survivors that were now blaming each other. His face was just as pale as that corpse's face and he did look like he was about to throw up again...

"This... this is crazy..." He whispered more to himself than to everyone else. "I... I don't like those who point their fingers first...Aiden..." He moved his shaking hands to wipe his tears, shaking his head weakly.

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Kye

Kyrsa sat in a folding chair off to one side, looking from the body to those throwing accusations around so casually and couldn't help but shake her head.  The body obviously disturbed her, but she didn't allow that to force her into a rash decision.  "There's no way to know who it is right now..." she murmured, looking around the group.  "Aiden was quick to point the finger, always a mistake... but I don't think he's our culprit.  Perhaps Rhedyn... where were you in the store last night?"

rottenaim

Aim was perpetually late as usual. She probably would be for her own funeral, and considering Natalia’s recent gruesome death, that event could occur a hell of a lot more quickly that she’d ever imagined. It looked as if paranoia and accusations were the Costco special for today, running rampant through the gathered group faster than any black Friday sale imaginable no doubt. Paranoia. She had a healthy dose of that already. It’d kept her alive so far, that and trusty Louisville Slugger she’d procured from the sporting department. So far the accusations seemed a bit weak, at least in her opinion. There wasn’t one here that she really trusted, but there again, she wasn’t really 100% sure that she willing to point a finger at anyone just yet.

Although… the recent upchuck, gross at it may be, in the recycling bin looked a bit brainy-esque to her. Not that she’d ever seen regurgitated brain matter. Seriously, who has? More than likely it was just that pesky paranoia talking, but one can never been too careful or inquisitive when your life was on the line, right? Right. Her gaze cut quickly to the pale one kneeling on the floor. “Dinner disagree with you, Izu? Just what was it you ate?” Maybe they all should purge their last meals and review the contents. Disgusting no? Yeah, well, nobody ever said sleuthing was pretty work.

Imogen

Imogen wrung her hands, nervously looking from one to the other as the situation deteriorated from bad to worse. "Aiden was perhaps a little hasty, but he was right to speak up. We can't know for certain and paranoia might be what will keep us alive. It took courage to cast the first vote, and I'm a bit taken aback with the kongsi forming against doing so. Therefore my vote will go to Marguerite."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Remiel

Aiden (4) -- Marguerite, Geeklet, Transgirlenstein, Izu
Leorobin (2) -- Valerian, Rhedyn
Marguerite (2) -- Aiden, Imogen
Izu (1) -- rottenaim
Moirae (1) -- Ryven
Transgirlenstein (1) -- Leorobin
Rhedyn (1) -- Kyrsa
Beguile's Mistress
Esoteric Myobi
Geeklet
Imogen
Kyrsa
Professor Loki Caprion
rottenaim
Ryven
Valerian

Yet to vote: Beguile's Mistress, Esoteric Myobi, Moirae, Professor Loki Caprion

Reminder: In order to be exiled from the compound, nine (9) votes need to be cast for a single person by 1:00 pm GMT (9:00pm PST) Sunday, 5 December.

Geeklet

"Aiden may have been hasty, but his reaction to the accusations can be quite telling. We stand a better chance of getting through this together, rather than alone, yet he was rather quick to say 'Fuck it, I wanna leave.' That leads me to believe that perhaps he knows something more than the rest of us."

Aiden

"lapdogs all of you."
He sneered at those who came to the defense of the person he suspected of being a zombie.
"Think for yourself for a change, as I said I will not spend my time twiddling my thumbs and hope that it all works out in the end. If you think I want to be out there instead you are truly a fool but what is worse? Knowing that out there it is you against the world or in here stressing out and wondering who among us is capable of what happened to Natalie?"

"If anything, those of you rallying together are more suspicious then the rest of us."

Marguerite

Marguerite was amused at the lap dog comment considering people were voting for several others in the same direction. "Considering the fact other people are rallying together, we are not the only suspects. Take a look at the votes, people are voting for other individuals too for example, Leorobin, and other singular votes. It is not our fault some of us have banded together to fight as a whole rather than be individual in our fights to be picked off one by one." She looked over to Trip and narrowed her eyes, "You have the last bit of rouge. Do not try to hold out on the rest of us." Once more, she looked towards the voting score, "Hopefully, the dogs are the zombies and we can just shoo them out."

*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Transgirlenstein

Trip jumped a bit causing the cherry lip baulm to drop from her hand.  She quickly grabbed it and stuffed it into a pocket.
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Rhedyn

Quote from: Kyrsa on December 01, 2010, 04:35:47 PM
Perhaps Rhedyn... where were you in the store last night?"

"Me?! I was quite soundly asleep over there guarding the chocolate all night until I was woken by the shrill screams of death!" she sobbed, nursing the precious bar she had snatched to comfort her at this heated meeting.

She rubbed at her temples getting confused by what was going on...everyone was a suspect...could anyone be trusted? She was beginning to change her mind but it was Aiden's sneer that forced her to make the final decision to change her vote...it really did make him look quite dangerous.

Valerian

"You guys do realize that the last thing a zombie's likely to do is to draw attention to himself -- or herself, let's be fair -- by voting first, right?" Val remarked, dryly.  "Unless you all think Aiden's running a clever double-bluff."
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Rhedyn

"Hell, if the zombie was clever enough to sneak in with us and fool us all I wouldn't put it past it to be able to devise a cunning double-bluff"

Ryven

Quote from: Rhedyn on December 02, 2010, 03:50:11 PM
"Hell, if the zombie was clever enough to sneak in with us and fool us all I wouldn't put it past it to be able to devise a cunning double-bluff"

"I would just like to point out that cleverness may have nothing to do with it.  As far as we know, everyone was of sound mind before entering here.  They may have just been infected but not completely turned yet.  They may have somehow contracted the infection after entering.  I'm just pointing these facts out for general knowledge."

Imogen

"I doubt we have enough to go on to make a well judged decision. We can hope for luck, or simply vote as our conscience dictates." She wrapped her arms around her and shivered.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Professor Loki Caprion

As the debates continued between the survivors, Loki sat quietly in his little corner of what had become the "common area," not looking at anybody, but clearly listening intently. In their short time in the Costco, he had appropriated some of the items for himself that nobody else would have much use for in a zombie apocalypse; a rather nice wooden desk with a leather chair, and a lovely crystal bowl that he used to house a pretty blue Betta. Up until this point, the poor little fish was living in what used to be a large vodka bottle.

So behind this desk he sat, carefully using a soft cloth to clean up the dissected remains of a clock that he'd sprawled out over the polished wood surface, arranging the bits and bobs in some pattern that seemed rather unfathomable. But, at last, Caprion spoke.

"Imogen is right," he sighed, finally looking up at the assembly through his monocle, "all we have to go on is our actions today. As Valerian noted, I doubt the zombie hiding among us would be leaping to get us mobilized to toss out one of our number. That would just be one less brain on the buffet table for it to dine upon, next time. No... the zombie would want us all right where it could get to us."
The Professor is drifting through time and space...

Discord: Professor Ravenhurst#8936

Ons/Offs | Ideas | A&As (Apr 28, 2016) | The Lab | Elluiki

desert ashes

Distracted was the least that could describe Moirae.  Quite belatedly her lashes fluttered first at Ryven, then to Marguerite, Aiden, Trip, and almost did a full circle, before they landed on the muffin man.  Those full red lips in question form a soft pout, a finger tip lightly dabbing the corners as if to assure herself she hadn't smudged the lipstick in question.  "Truly, Ryven, you can't blame a girl for merely wanting to look cute.  I put on this red because my Raspberry Red has gone suspiciously missing," she said, a small breath sharply exhaled as her mouth pulled down into a small pout.  When would this invasion be done with anyway?  She was so tired of being here in this warehouse. 

Then her eyes turned to Aiden and shoulders lifted with a small shrug.  "Aiden.  He could be the zombie as easily as anyone, I suppose."  In truth she hadn't a clue who to suspect but, well, someone had to be picked.  Voting done, she shifted and began to braid her hair, silently wishing the stupid warehouse carried her preferred brand of conditioner.  Stupid zombies. 
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Remiel

Aiden (6) -- Marguerite, Geeklet, Transgirlenstein, Izu, Rhedyn, Moirae
Marguerite (2) -- Aiden, Imogen
Izu (1) -- rottenaim
Leorobin (1) -- Valerian
Moirae (1) -- Ryven
Rhedyn (1) -- Kyrsa
Beguile's Mistress
Esoteric Myobi
Geeklet
Imogen
Kyrsa
Professor Loki Caprion
rottenaim
Ryven
Valerian

Yet to vote: Beguile's Mistress, Esoteric Myobi, Professor Loki Caprion

Reminder: In order to be exiled from the compound, nine (9) votes need to be cast for a single person by 1:00 pm GMT (9:00pm PST) Sunday, 5 December.

Esoteric Myobi

As the debate continued, with several interludes about missing cosmetics, Myobi found that she still could not decide who among them was guilty of the atrocious act...if any of them were truly guilty at all. The arguments from each side held their own reasonings, some more sound than others. At the moment, it looked like most were pointing their fingers at Aiden. True, he had discovered the incident first and jumped to conclusions rather quickly (then again, who wouldn't panic in this situation?) but a part of her still doubted herself. Would the zombie amongst them truly bring attention to themselves in such a way? Why not just slink in the background and lay low?

On the other hand, Marguerite seemed fixated on the idea that it was actually the animals that were infected. Who the hell let the animals in anyway? Didn't they have enough mouths to feed? Not to mention how she and a few others continued to bounce from the horrendous death to...chapstick of all things? It all seemed a little too nonchalant to Myobi, even if Marguerite was just reciprocating Aiden's accusation, her seemingly uncaring attitude sent shivers down her spine.

For now, she was still undecided. It was better to wait until she voiced her opinion, but for now she would continue observing from the sidelines.

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Remiel

Marguerite (3) -- Aiden, Imogen, Esoteric Myobi
Izu (1) -- rottenaim
Leorobin (1) -- Valerian
Moirae (1) -- Ryven
Rhedyn (1) -- Kyrsa
Beguile's Mistress
Esoteric Myobi
Geeklet
Imogen
Kyrsa
Professor Loki Caprion
rottenaim
Ryven
Valerian

Yet to vote: Beguile's Mistress, Professor Loki Caprion

Beguile's Mistress

Beguiles came wandering in from heaven knows where with several books tucked under one arm and another open in her hands.  As usual she was off reading somewhere quiet while all the drama stirred around her.  She looked around and listened to the debate and when a silent moment happened she spoke in her usual quiet voice, looking up from her book.  It was an historical romance, something she was very fond of.

"Well, if you want my opinion it couldn't be Aiden.  He's so cranky and grouchy he'd be eating brains for breakfast, lunch and dinner."  Walking over to a stack of lawn chairs she opened one and sat down, crossing one shapely leg over the other.  "I could be the zombie if it weren't for the fact that I'm a vegetarian and I'm on a diet.  Nope.  Not me and not Aiden.  I'll tell you who I think it is."  Looking at each in turn she pointed across the way at Leorobin.  "It's him." 

"And you should all change your votes if you think it's Aiden.  We're going to need his brand of nasty to survive this sweet mess we're in!"  Seconds later her nose was in her book again and she was oblivious to the commotion.

Remiel

Final voting for Day 1:

Marguerite (3) -- Aiden, Imogen, Esoteric Myobi
Leorobin (2) -- Valerian, Beguile's Mistress
Izu (1) -- rottenaim
Moirae (1) -- Ryven
Rhedyn (1) -- Kyrsa
Beguile's Mistress
Esoteric Myobi
Geeklet
Imogen
Kyrsa
Professor Loki Caprion
rottenaim
Ryven
Valerian

Total votes needed to evict: 9

As night set for the first time after the horrific discovery, it appeared there were two camps within the survivors' council: those who believed Aiden could have been guilty of such a deed, and those who did not.  In the end, those who suspected him of being a bloodthirsty zombie simply did not have any sufficient proof, and it was decided that, on this night at least, he would be allowed to stay.   The survivors retreated to their own corners of the store, bracing themselves for what the night would bring...

I now need to hear from the Doctor, Nurse, Military Veteran, Scientist, and Zombie(s).  Please PM me with who you would like to target with your respective abilities.