Am i the only feeling like making some organised X-men roleplay?

Started by Nachtmahr, December 07, 2009, 01:54:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chreestafer

hey all im new here and i am very interested in this what all do i need to do to be a part of this?
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Wolfy

Ya gotta carry a cherry in your butt cheeks over to a mug of beer, drop it in, then drink it...

</joking>

Chreestafer

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

RedEve

So does this thing have any chance of getting off the ground? :p
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Kate

there seems to be enough players.

Someone just needs to put their hand up as the storyteller

NosCorventius

~Puts hand up.~ Okay guys I'll take this one, idea is too good to pass on and it seems apparent the Elyza not coming back. I;ve also had Nim throw in his generous support as Co-GM. I think with this big of a group we're going to need it. So the only thing to do now is decide on structure:

1. Do we want to do this Full System, Full Freeform or a as a good mix? I do have the Marvel X-men RP rules, though honestly not a great familiarity with them, so we can do it as a structured RP if everyone wants to. I'm thinking of a mix of the two though. Free form story except in direct combat or power usage situations. I think this will allow for inter-team romance and interactions as well as combat for our more conflict oriented players. A little something for every one. What do you think?

2.When in the X-men universe do we want to do this? I have two ideas based on what I've seen here. After House of M but before the Civil War. Staff would be The Basic Canon characters Prof X, Storm, Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean, and Beast, Versus Magneto, Mystique, Blob, Toad, The Friends of Humainty, Sentenials, ETC. ; with the non canon characters acting as individual members of each group. This allows for some non mutant characters as well but Focuses much of the adventure on gathering the last few remaining mutants, survival, and the realities of being hunted and outnumbered. Thus making for a much darker tone, more conflicts, and only brief bits of romance/sex stolen between crises.

Or a alternate early years story something close to the highschool early college years with players getting to choose their side through recruitment and interactions. This cuts down on canon characters a bit and puts more focus on mutants specifically, but allows more freedom and greater world play with a more playful relaxed tone.

I'm Good with writing either one so which do you prefer?

3. Once those are decided how heavy do we want it to get: Full NC with Villians abducting and torturing members for info or sadistic pleasure, or the slightly more friendly forum of Bondage thus limiting Villians from using mind control and Rape in thier interrogations and seductions.

Wolfy

Nim

You can count me in.
"Staff would be The Basic Canon characters Prof X, Storm, Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean, and Beast, Versus Magneto, Mystique, Blob, Toad, The Friends of Humainty, Sentenials, ETC. ; with the non canon characters acting as individual members of each group. This allows for some non mutant characters as well but Focuses much of the adventure on gathering the last few remaining mutants, survival, and the realities of being hunted and outnumbered. Thus making for a much darker tone, more conflicts, and only brief bits of romance/sex stolen between crises.

Or a alternate early years story something close to the highschool early college years with players getting to choose their side through recruitment and interactions. This cuts down on canon characters a bit and puts more focus on mutants specifically, but allows more freedom and greater world play with a more playful relaxed tone. "

I think a combination of these two ideas would be fun to work with.  I too an not fully familiar with the full X-Man experience.  I have seen the movies of course which is what I would probably most rely on as far as cannon characters since I really do not remember the stories from the comics... that was long ago for me and I have slept a few days since then... lol.  I usually tend to write freeform but what ever is finally decided will be fine with me. 

RubySlippers

I'm in I love the X-Men but she is not a mutant, she has no antennae or funny parts save her super-creative brain in her head. Now get me into a refuse yard and let the fun begin and access to the schools mechanical shops.

McGyver with Boobs - yessssss!

NosCorventius

Actually McGyver could have been a mutant. The power is referred to as intuitive engineering. Sylar from heroes also has this ability but at a slightly different level, Which is how he made the jump from watch maker to Serial killer. His Hunger (a Disadvantage taken to allow for a mastery of both Bio (self) and Mechanicial Engineering) helped him realize that to copy the powers of others he had to see "under the hood" so he could copy it in his own brain chemistry and structure. The death of the subject is just an unfortunate side effect. Forge has a mastery of this Power Making invention second nature like breathing. To him its a compulsive chore not a joy or even a driving force anymore. He does it because it is like breathing he can't figure out how to stop with out it killing him. I imagine you want something in the middle range between the two though.

RubySlippers

No I was thinking she just knows how to use existing tech and materials to get ,well, innovative. I figure she sees some alien device she would have no clue how it works or what it does unlike Forge.

Like she could make a net gun using spare parts and a big spool of wire, but not webshooters since that requires innovative chemistry.

But you need a fast device cranked out to fight Magneto she likely could whip out something useful.

NosCorventius

Nim: We can't do a combo of the two because the moods of each are based on different timelines and events. The first scenario is based on the aftermath of the House of M. The house of M was an Marvel universe wide event that tied in with the disbanding of the Avengers. Wanda Maximoff AKA the Scarlet Witch (Daughter of Magneto and Mutant herself) had a breakdown and used her reality altering powers, to first make a world when mutant ruled the planet With Magneto as their benevolent king, and then remove 90 percent of the mutant population from the earth, when certain heroes opposed her Utopian vision. Homo Superior went from being a raising power in the world to an endangered species overnight. This Happened about 6 months to a year before the Civil War which made it illegal to be a unregistered mutant or extra-powered individual Thus making this a highly volatile time period for the X-men and giving us a good amount of space to play within as the last few mutants are gathered up by those that remain.

The second lets us build our own version of the x-men with only one or two canon characters in featured staff roles, much like the cartoon X-men Evolution.  The characters are al much younger with only Prof X, Wolverine, and Beast teaching the X-men and Mystique taking the role of house mother for the Brotherhood under the direct orders of Magneto. This version lets us play with the early years, recruitment, in-team romance and rivalry without focusing so much on the public because the x-men are still a covert team in all of their operations. Hope this clears that up for everyone.

Ruby Slippers: Alright, I understand what you mean. you're looking for more of a Junkman character, can't build it from scratch or copy what you see but if the team wants something repaired or fused together to make something better, we come talk to you. Just when we play remember if I drop these words back on you to justify a too large jump in ability you wrote the limits. Okay?

Chreestafer

Ons and Offs
F-List

Wolfy

Chreestafer

lol nice i am interested just need to know whats going on
Ons and Offs
F-List

Jecht

I might be interested if it ever gets off the ground. Not exactly the same but I only attempted a plot in which it was basically an academy for mutants and everything. It wasn't exactly X-men but it was like Xavior's school for the gifted...might be an interesting idea if you guys like it.
In my restless dreams, I see that town... Silent Hill. You promised you'd take me there again some day... but you never did. Well, I'm alone there now in our special place... waiting for you.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Kate

I dont mind the time but I would definately prefer freeform

RubySlippers

No your not getting it. For her to develop a device the technology must be known to her and for the superhero age that would include some fairly decent technology and have the parts, she couldn't make Iron Man armor but could do a levitating board with a suit with jet on the back to fly OR make some gadget to deal with a particular sort of threat like a net gun that fires a plastic net to entangle Magneto. But have her see an alien device she would have no clue since that is not normal tech she would know anything about its something outside her knowledge base.

I figure she is a gageteer who has a higher tie between each hemisphere of the brain so she is more intelligent and more creative directed at well making things using what is available. Likely she is not that focused though she has sort of lots of projects going on some get finished others are there until she gets around to it so usually doesn't have big things in her arsenal without some effort.

Kate

sounds like a cool character for mine to hang with.

Hey any chance of a profiles thread ?

Lets get this party started (freeform please - personally i think system games get bogged down in mechanics too often too easily no matter how light you make the system - its focus on role play... that said if that is accepted - I am happy to accept any time - i think something more novel where we don't really bump into any known mutants from any series - perhaps we read about them or know of them but that's about all - we could be in another city - perhaps in europe ?

London ?
Rome ?
Paris ?

Nim

Shae sounds like a very interesting character.  I most definitely approve.

~Nim~

Nim

I have two characters that I have come up with but have not yet found the right pic for them still searching but I'll submit a little something about them just to give everyone an idea of what I have in mind for my parts. 

1.  name:  Demon Spawn  (Villian)
     Description:  looks like one of your a typical arch demon types with long leathery wings and curved horns on his head.  His skin is deep purple in color with jet black hair.  Eyes are nearly pitch black as well except for purple star bursts around his pupils that tend to glow brightly when agitated or angry... (which means they are quite often glowing.)
     Abilities:  Same as Storm both in power and intensity.
     Background:  Left by his father on the side of the road in the deep desert once the latent mutant genes began to manifest his difference's.  Extremely bitter towards life in general searching to find people like himself to go after people like his parents who tossed him aside as if he were no more than a peace of trash when he truly needed them the most. 

2. Given Name: Conrad Blake
    Mutant name: Ghost. 
    Description: 5'1" and very slender.  With sandy blond hair and hazel eyes. 
    Powers:  Primary- ability to turn invisible.  Secondary- undeveloped telekinesis and very limited ability to move through solid objects but only with great concentration and a considerable amount of pain.
    Background:  Faked his own death at the age of 13.  For the past 3 years he as been what he calls haunting his parents home and a couple of different schools where his old classmates now attend classes.   

I figure he would be one of the students that either wolverine or most likely gene would be sent after to bring back to the school. 

LoganCreed

I'm interested in playing if you guys get it off the ground just let me know what holes need filling I'm assuming you know who I would lean towards based on my name (grins) or I can try to do a OC, or maybe just an alt version of one, different time line kinda thing think Exiles.  So if a DM could drop me a line at some point to tell me where to go...and no I don't mean down there ...and who to play I'm on here on and off all day hoping to spot a post. Hope to hear word soon and look forward to playing with ya all.

So until Utah joins the hair club for men make mine marvel LOL

Nim

Hello Logan, The game looks like it is leaning towards the early formative years with some of the cannon characters such as Charles going to be played as NPC's.  I see no problem with you playing the part of a young Logan helping to bring in new recruits if no one else does.

Ahena Nude if you have been scoping this out please send me a PM.  I understand you are looking to play mystique and wanted to run some idea's past you.

Kate

storytellers one of you just has to do these things which can be done in 5 mins

a) make an approved profile thread.
b) Create a IC thread - (the starting scene can be null btw - trust me it just works even when this is empty)
b) Create an OOC thread
c) Request candidate profliles to be added to this thread (not pm'd - pm'd prevents either co-storyteller approving it on the spot)
d) assume either of you can approve or act authoritarily without consultation with the other (otherwise it defeats the purpose of having a co-storyteller)
e) Ensure the all threads posts which link to all other related threads

... then you dont just have cogs, you have a machine, lubrication and energy is what others do- how often "storytellers" need to post ic is not that often

in short it isnt daunting if you believe in the energy of others