Marvel: A New Beginning (Temprorarily closed for recruitment)

Started by AribethAmkiir, March 29, 2014, 04:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpiralSpider

Is there an OOC thread yet? Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss it.
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

AribethAmkiir

It depends on the character sheet.

We're not looking for all-powerful, invincible characters.  This is a game focused on young people coming into their own.  Their powers should simply be a representation of that fact.

If you can make She-Hulk or Carol Danvers fit that parameter, we'd be happy to see the character submission.

Ember Star

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on April 01, 2014, 11:35:58 AM
Looking forward to seeing her.  I think she'll be our first flier!
I just put a Photoshop request into CandyLips. That along with getting everything together will take a day or two I think.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: SpiralSpider on April 01, 2014, 12:06:57 PM
Is there an OOC thread yet? Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss it.

Sorry I didn't do that before sleeping last night.

Here is the OOC Thread for those of you who have characters who have been approved.

ebpohmr

Quote from: assleigh on April 01, 2014, 11:49:20 AM
Is there a heroine not in the pipeline you'd like to see as part of this?

I'm leaning a bit towards Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) or She Hulk... But am feeling a little unfocused atm. I'd a weird notion for a Genderbent Dr. Strange.... A Girl Sorcerer Suprememe...with all the asgardian Magoc about maybe that could make sense...

Just to add my thoughts:
  • Firstly, A.C.E. is basically a school for young rookies to develop into full-blown adult superhero's.

• Secondly, unless your character has been brought in to the Movieverse (which we consider to be comprised of: Iron Man 1, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America, The Avengers), you are essentially creating OC's based on a canon character. Which means there is no canon background or canon powerset. You are encouraged to have some fun putting your own spin on your characters!

RedMoon

Hmm, does Captain America: Winter Soldier count as Canon for this? If so, then are
Cap2 Spoilers
Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver
canon?

AribethAmkiir

No, not for this game.

I don't know when Captain America: Winter Soldier fall in the timeline, but the game is taking place a few short months after the conclusion of the Avengers' movie.  Iron Man 3 is also not part of the timeline for this.

RedMoon

Ah, alright. Just checking. :)

SpiralSpider

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on April 01, 2014, 12:19:43 PM
Sorry I didn't do that before sleeping last night.

Here is the OOC Thread for those of you who have characters who have been approved.
Thanks!  :-)
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

apygoos

yea we should stick close with just "The Avengers" for the time being Winter Soldier leads directly into Avengers 2 from what theyve said. Down the line we should take into consideration that Agents of SHIELD TV show is MCU canon as well.

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: apygoos on April 01, 2014, 02:00:50 PM
yea we should stick close with just "The Avengers" for the time being Winter Soldier leads directly into Avengers 2 from what theyve said. Down the line we should take into consideration that Agents of SHIELD TV show is MCU canon as well.

Our timeline will be diverting shortly before the events of Iron Man 3.  We will use the TV show and future movies for inspiration, but they will not have a direct effect on the game.

Mathim

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on April 01, 2014, 02:17:53 PM
Our timeline will be diverting shortly before the events of Iron Man 3.  We will use the TV show and future movies for inspiration, but they will not have a direct effect on the game.

That's a good way to do it. Especially since some of the decisions they're making for the movies and TV show are somewhat questionable...

Anyway, I'll have a young 'Doc' Strange character sheet done up soon. I'll keep him grounded so as not to be anywhere near a Sorcerer Supreme anytime soon.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

assleigh

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on April 01, 2014, 12:08:24 PM
It depends on the character sheet.

We're not looking for all-powerful, invincible characters.  This is a game focused on young people coming into their own.  Their powers should simply be a representation of that fact.

If you can make She-Hulk or Carol Danvers fit that parameter, we'd be happy to see the character submission.

*chuckles* I think that's why X-men are so popular, the Avengers are so OP its nuts...
She Hulk could be fun if focused more on the Nerdy Girl who falls in love with being Super Awesome and less about her uber  gamma strength... And without combat training she'd be strong and fought but not good at "using" it, if that makes sense... I like this idea...but could drop it if its too powerful.

sorry to be a pain, I want to fit in with the game not break it :)
The queerest of the queer ... I know what's good for you (You can touch me if you want)

My ONs and OFFs

AribethAmkiir

That's part of the reason there are 3 of us.

We'll make sure the character fits into the game and doesn't break it.

Feel free to make the nerdy She-Hulk and if her strength is over-the-top, we'll ask you to bring it down.

apygoos

Quote from: assleigh on April 01, 2014, 02:29:42 PM
*chuckles* I think that's why X-men are so popular, the Avengers are so OP its nuts...
She Hulk could be fun if focused more on the Nerdy Girl who falls in love with being Super Awesome and less about her uber  gamma strength... And without combat training she'd be strong and fought but not good at "using" it, if that makes sense... I like this idea...but could drop it if its too powerful.

sorry to be a pain, I want to fit in with the game not break it :)
id say its the other way around. bar hulk, the Avengers are severely underpowered compared to the X-men. While they still portray Thor with pheomenal power, he seems a lot more grounded in the cinematic universe than in the comics.

assleigh

I dunno... If they hadn't paid lipservice to Asgardians not 'really" being gods.... Would you think that? Look at what Lorelai was able to do and she is neither their most powerful fighter nor their most powerful magic user... And the way Asgardian artifacts effect humans in the AoS show....

Aww... My first Elliquiy arguement *sniff sniff*

And thanks for the hand holding, I much appreciate it.
The queerest of the queer ... I know what's good for you (You can touch me if you want)

My ONs and OFFs

apygoos

at the end of the day yes, it took an asgardian [Lady Sif] to take care of an Asgardian...at least if hulk wasn't around. With Loreli making all that havoc, I'm curious to see what The Enchantress will be up to in a [calling it now] Thor 3 appearance. Even if you took phoenix out, you have Jean Grey the innate person, colossus, Magik , Iceman is so damn powerful its not even funny. Magneto is probably my favorite omega level mutant. just the fact that the term "omega level mutant" exist should be cause for alarm :P at least in the scale of opness. Rogue pretty much became pseudo Ms. Marvel. Storm can bring the thunder and not evne need a weapon to do so [given, she doesn't have those "brick" qualities Thor does, but still].

All in all I like alot of the Xmen, but i believe they are far more powerful than the Avengers are. The Avengers take down their most powerful adversaries mostly with tactic, courtesy of Captain America, with other strong minds coming from Hank Pym, Bruce Banner, and Tony Stark. Marvel cinematic universe wise, i guess thats why the Xmen are so popular in this game, because they dont exist in the currently built universe so far, so that leaves a looot of creative control in your corner since this universe is based off of the cinematic. It wasnt quite through power, but through strategy and tactic that the Avengers held the Chitari invasion to 3 square blocks of New York.

I'm sitll kidna upset that Ant-Man and  Wasp werent part of the founding Avengers..but whatever, im pumped for next years Ant-Man., even if it isnt Hank >:( Scott is pretty cool too though, I wanna see the story they present.

Deamonbane

In the Avengers battle, the ones that you see actually doing anything are the most powerful Avengers, Being the Hulk, Thor and Iron Man. Captain America does little more than take out a few footsoldiers (I have an intense dislike for the Cap, reasons of my own), Black Widow does even less. Hawkeye is awesome, but he doesn't o much either, other than take out a few ships with his explosive arrows. So yeah, if questioning whether I would want the X-Men or the Avengers defending New York... X-Men would take the cigar.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

AribethAmkiir

The Avengers were able to match the X-Men toe-for-toe in the recent A vs X plot line (before the Phoenix got involved). 

Depending on who is writing, each team gets more powerful or less.

Though, just to point it out, The Avengers are called "The World's Mightiest Heroes".   O:)

Mathim

In terms of sheer numbers, the X-Men surely outnumber the full gamut of the Avengers roster significantly, don't they? I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything but numbers do add up. Too bad Fox is being so stingy with everything and won't allow the MCU to use things like Mutants, Adamantium and whatnot. It's not like they're doing great with the X-Men movies anyway. The freakin' sentinels in the Days of Future Past trailer look like superdeformed, inferior versions of the Destroyer.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

AribethAmkiir

They've made X-Men movies?  When were these aired?  /sarcasm

It'd be nice if they made X-Men movies as good as the Avengers' movies.

RedMoon

I don't know about that. Pretty much everybody in the Marvel universe has, at some point or another, been on the Avengers. They have a pretty big pool to call from.

Also, I wonder how they're going to handle Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver if they can't do anything with Magneto in Avengers 2...

apygoos

keep in mind there are 2 variants of the sentinels, future and past. I thought theyd use time bullshit to at least fix the Phoenix Force, but i guess it will forever be a dark personality of Jean that had to be suppressed by Xavier.

yea, good luck explaining where those two came from

Mathim

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on April 01, 2014, 04:54:44 PM
They've made X-Men movies?  When were these aired?  /sarcasm

It'd be nice if they made X-Men movies as good as the Avengers' movies.

Or every other Marvel movie. Seriously, with the exception of the MCU, virtually every Marvel movie has sucked donkey balls.

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: RedMoon on April 01, 2014, 04:55:40 PM
I don't know about that. Pretty much everybody in the Marvel universe has, at some point or another, been on the Avengers. They have a pretty big pool to call from.

Also, I wonder how they're going to handle Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver if they can't do anything with Magneto in Avengers 2...

No spoilers please!  It's hard enough to avoid trailers that give the entire movie away.

Quote from: Mathim on April 01, 2014, 04:59:17 PM
Or every other Marvel movie. Seriously, with the exception of the MCU, virtually every Marvel movie has sucked donkey balls.

The first Fantastic Four wasn't horrible.  One of the Punisher movies was okay.  The first Spider-Man was okay.  Yeah, they could have all been better, but at least they weren't horrible.