Bermuda Island (Open Sandbox - Freeform) [Interest Check] (Need 1 more Female!)

Started by Rave, May 07, 2014, 09:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rave

A Boeing 777.

On another note: I'll take one or two more females maximum before the game is going to start. So hopefully the day after tomorrow the OOC thread and the IC thread will go up so we can start things off  :-)

Flower

Are there specific roles those female characters would have to fill or could we pick whichever one we would like?

Rave

Quote from: Dancing flower on May 14, 2014, 02:25:50 PM
Are there specific roles those female characters would have to fill or could we pick whichever one we would like?

Right now, we have one or two of everything except Medic, so that's a role that has to be filled. Though with two spots still potentially open, you're free to take your pick.

@Agentlemanwithadream: Accepted, welcome aboard.

Chrystal

Hey. I'm the medic!

*sulks*

I just had a look at the pic of the crashed airplane that Rave posted at the beginning... Is that an aircraft carrier in the background?

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Rave

Quote from: Chrystal on May 14, 2014, 04:25:43 PM
Hey. I'm the medic!

*sulks*

I just had a look at the pic of the crashed airplane that Rave posted at the beginning... Is that an aircraft carrier in the background?

But there's only one of you! That's the point, silly.

*patpat*

One could take a more scientist like role, while the other a more doctor like role.

And I don't see no aircraft carrier o_o just the plane.

justme4386

There is some kind of metallish constraction that could be a ship on the left side on the horizon... but really - that's no 777 either, so let's not be too picky. ;)
A word of advice: Don't take me serious - unless I am. And you will know when I am!

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

Rave

>_> You guys are just tearing everything apart aren't you.

I'm just tempted to say "Who cares, it's just a dang plane that they were on."

The type of plane is totally irrelevant to the RP, but I was just satisfying your curious muses.

justme4386

Quote from: Rave on May 14, 2014, 04:51:25 PM
>_> You guys are just tearing everything apart aren't you.

I'm just tempted to say "Who cares, it's just a dang plane that they were on."

The type of plane is totally irrelevant to the RP, but I was just satisfying your curious muses.

I absolutely agree... and can only repeat:
Quote from: justme4386 on May 14, 2014, 04:44:47 PM
so let's not be too picky. ;)
The pictures are for the mood - not actual representations of what the island looks like.

But frankly, Rave: It only shows that people are interested in your topic, eager for stuff to start and have no place to hang out in, other than this thread. High time to get this show rollin'... ;D

No, I am absolutely 100%ly not eager to start and not trolling your thread... *shaking head grinning from ear to ear* Nope, not me...

Love,
Me
A word of advice: Don't take me serious - unless I am. And you will know when I am!

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

Chrystal

*giggles*

Seriously, I was just looking at the pic and was curious about it as a picture, not in relation to anything else.  I find details like that fascinating. I don't mean to pick holes.

A'm not bothered about what sort of plane it was, just that my character got out alive!

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Rave

Quote from: justme4386 on May 14, 2014, 04:57:52 PM
I absolutely agree... and can only repeat:The pictures are for the mood - not actual representations of what the island looks like.

But frankly, Rave: It only shows that people are interested in your topic, eager for stuff to start and have no place to hang out in, other than this thread. High time to get this show rollin'... ;D

No, I am absolutely 100%ly not eager to start and not trolling your thread... *shaking head grinning from ear to ear* Nope, not me...

Love,
Me

Haha, well hopefully we can get this RP off the ground in the next couple of days. I'm obviously very excited too  :P

You guys would be surprised at how hard it is to find pictures of a Boeing Airplane crashed on a beach. So...I suppose we'll all just use our creative imagination and pretend that picture isn't part of Battlefield 4  ::)

justme4386

Quote from: Rave on May 14, 2014, 06:00:23 PM
You guys would be surprised at how hard it is to find pictures of a Boeing Airplane crashed on a beach.
I did mention that I am a smartass, didn't I?

Need proof?

OK, OK, so this is a 727 and not a 777, but HEY... no aircraft carrier, but for that people... Survivors? :D

But after this post I am going to so shut up on it. You are doing a great job Rave and I totally appreciate your mood pics. But as I said: I'm just trolling 'cause we haven't started yet.

Love,
Me
despite everything

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

Nymphadora

I'll go for a scientific-ish/medic type female role if you still need a girl?

I'll work on a sheet until I hear Yay or Nay!

*tackles Gent and smacks kisses all over his cheeks*
Hi!
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Rave

Quote from: justme4386 on May 15, 2014, 12:14:26 PM
I did mention that I am a smartass, didn't I?

Need proof?

OK, OK, so this is a 727 and not a 777, but HEY... no aircraft carrier, but for that people... Survivors? :D

But after this post I am going to so shut up on it. You are doing a great job Rave and I totally appreciate your mood pics. But as I said: I'm just trolling 'cause we haven't started yet.

Love,
Me
despite everything

Lmao no, this actually helps. I'll put it up instead of the one I already have when I'm off work tonight. Good find!

Quote from: Nymphadora on May 15, 2014, 12:23:48 PM

We are indeed needing one more girl before we go ahead and start, so submit your sheet whenever!
I'll go for a scientific-ish/medic type female role if you still need a girl?

I'll work on a sheet until I hear Yay or Nay!

Hi!

Go right ahead.

Nymphadora

NSFW
Name: Taryn Landry

Island Role: Research Scientist turned Assistant Medic

Physical Appearance : 5'2, 118lbs Athletic build from a renewed interest in running and swimming since being stranded. Tattoo on her right wrist, of the Sanskrit symbol for "every day".  Two small tribal turtles on the inside of her right ankle. Her peaches and cream skin that is typically never outside has taken a beating in the last year. Taryn now has a near constant pinky-copperish look with more freckles than she knew she had over her shoulders, chest and face.

Distinguishing Traits: Blue eyes that can stare and appear as if she can see how your mind works, though typically this is just an indication that Taryn has retreated into her own mind to dwell on things she doesn't often share. It can be disconcerting to be in her presence when this happens.

History:   A geek girl from an early age, Taryn excelled in school, advancing quickly through even accelerated public school and university. Her passion is Experimental Evolutionary Developmental Biology but she is primarily a Genetics-centred Biotechnologist. Her work was her life before the crash and she loved every minute of it.

Taryn has a Ph.D. in medical biotechnology. Her mind was well suited to the field. She was recruited immediately from her doctoral studies. Her thesis on the evolution of feathers, challenging Alan H. Brush and Richard O. Prum’s article published in 2003: Which Came First, the Feather or the Bird? drew the attention of a large research and development company awarding Taryn a position as head of an Evo-Devo research department, as well as substantial funding for the more experimental side of Evolutionary Development.

From an early age her parents, both athletes, had encouraged a lot of physical activity. At times they would put it’s importance above studies, something Taryn rebelled against. She reluctantly agreed to include running in her daily routine to satisfy her parents needs. In time she fell off long runs on trails for runs on a treadmill in the gym two floors down from her offices. Running became a habit that if missed, would vex Taryn to no end as it is a large part of her process. Running has kept her in great health and physical shape and tended to keep her level headed. Despite the fitness/healthy side to her life, Taryn became a smoker in her mid twenties.

Sexuality: Bi-sexual - Enjoys taking a more submissive role in the bedroom with any partner, typically excited by rough, forceful sex.

Likes: Running, Puzzling things out, Rain (Thunder storms especially)
Dislikes: Sunburns, centipedes, spiders, when the fire goes out at night

Strengths: Looking at things from all sides, climbing/agility, getting into small spaces, mediating disagreements, crafting
Weaknesses: Over-analyzing, paranoia, prone to heatstroke, control freak boarding on obsession regarding the state of the camp (layout, tidiness, cooking, equal sharing of all assets), outspoken.

Personality: Eccentric, geek girl with a scientific mind verging on genius. She's incredibly caring, driven to find answers and fairly adaptable to extreme circumstances. She also tends to diverge on scientific topics and can talk relatively fast when she gets excited about something. Quirky and funny in a sarcastic sense. Prone to talking aloud to herself to work through problems and situations.

PLAYER ONS AND OFFS: Nymph's OnOs
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

agentlemanwithadream

Quote from: Nymphadora on May 15, 2014, 12:23:48 PM

Hi!

-ish tackled and kissed- -forces Nymph on her back-

Pinned Ya! -Nala voice-

Well, Hello Muffin

Rave

@Nymph: Character accepted, welcome aboard.

We're one away from starting guys! Contain your excitement!

Nymphadora

A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Esmeralgirl

Chrystal

Quote from: Nymphadora on May 16, 2014, 10:05:46 PM
Awesome thanks!
Quote from: Esmeralgirl on May 17, 2014, 02:18:55 AM

Looking forward to play with you nymph.

Me too.

I'm guessing that, as Taryn is Robyn's assistant on medical matters, we should discuss how they get on with each other?

Would you like to do that here, or in PMs?

Nymphadora

A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Nymphadora

Quote from: Chrystal on May 17, 2014, 03:33:49 AM
Me too.

I'm guessing that, as Taryn is Robyn's assistant on medical matters, we should discuss how they get on with each other?

Would you like to do that here, or in PMs?

I've been an admirer of yours for a while, Crystal, glad to get a chance to play with you! (Not meant as a double entendre precisely  ;) )

If Rave has a preference that we discuss here... That is all good otherwise, feel free to PM.  I'm out for a good part of the day today but will be back later.

Quote from: agentlemanwithadream on May 16, 2014, 07:30:10 AM
-ish tackled and kissed- -forces Nymph on her back-

Pinned Ya! -Nala voice-

Well, Hello Muffin

*grins* You do a good Nala!

Word to those who may not know... he's not always a perfect gentleman but that's part of why you get to love him.

*Winks at Gent*

A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

justme4386

Quote from: Nymphadora on May 17, 2014, 09:36:16 AM
Word to those who may not know... he's not always a perfect gentleman but that's part of why you get to love him.
A true gentleman knows when not to be one... ;D

Looking forward to actually play with the lot of you... being the newbie around here, as it seems.

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

Chrystal

*picks up da cute bunbun and cuddles* "I will name her George, and I will hug her, and pet her, and squeeze her..."

Quote from: Nymphadora on May 17, 2014, 09:36:16 AM
I've been an admirer of yours for a while, Crystal, glad to get a chance to play with you! (Not meant as a double entendre precisely  ;) )

If Rave has a preference that we discuss here... That is all good otherwise, feel free to PM.  I'm out for a good part of the day today but will be back later.

I have so many secret admirers... *swoons*

Well, how about we start working out the details here and then take them to PM if anyone objects?

So first and most obvious: are they a couple? I have no problem either way. Point to take note is they are both submissive, so would be available for more dominant players to enjoy. I actually prefer gems without exclusive relationships, so this would be okay for me.

If you want Taryn to be shacked up with Blake, I will just have vto find someone else ;)

Next: The professional relationship. Robyn is a bit younger that Taryn, bnut has at least some medical training, where Taryn has more experience but it is mostly theoretical or scientific and to do with genetics and evolution, rather than actual medicine. This makes for an interesting dynamic, I think, especially as Taryn is more sub than Robyn. So Taryn might feel a bit humiliated taking orders from the younger woman, but at the same time will defer to Robyn's more practical knowledge.

We could even have a scene where Taryn knows that Robyn is wrong about something but defers to her anyway, until Robyn realises her mistake and punishes Taryn for not telling her, or something like that.

Does Taryn swim? Because I think one of their duties is collecting jellyfish venom (Not sure why, but I'm sure Rave will explain when we get there). Robyn is a strong swimmer, so if Taryn isn't then R will get the jellies and T can get the pedes.

Rave

Scientists/Medics have exclusive access to Jellyfish Cove, which is needed for jellyfish poison extraction used in creating herbal medicine and anti-venom for stings. They're also responsible for working with the centipede Venom that the Coral/Snake hunters will bring in.

All in all, they don't have to be amazing swimmers but at least basic enough to catch a Jellyfish in a net.

Nymphadora

I have so many secret admirers... *swoons*

Well, how about we start working out the details here and then take them to PM if anyone objects?

Works for me. *Whistles at the gorgeous gal she finally gets to play with*

QuoteSo first and most obvious: are they a couple? I have no problem either way. Point to take note is they are both submissive, so would be available for more dominant players to enjoy. I actually prefer gems without exclusive relationships, so this would be okay for me.

I think they will enjoy each other now and then, for sure, but are not committed solely each other. Perhaps part of the reason is because they are both submissive and need that aspect fulfilled.

QuoteIf you want Taryn to be shacked up with Blake, I will just have vto find someone else ;)

Heh there are no set plans for Taryn and Blake at this point.

QuoteNext: The professional relationship. Robyn is a bit younger that Taryn, bnut has at least some medical training, where Taryn has more experience but it is mostly theoretical or scientific and to do with genetics and evolution, rather than actual medicine. This makes for an interesting dynamic, I think, especially as Taryn is more sub than Robyn. So Taryn might feel a bit humiliated taking orders from the younger woman, but at the same time will defer to Robyn's more practical knowledge.

We could even have a scene where Taryn knows that Robyn is wrong about something but defers to her anyway, until Robyn realises her mistake and punishes Taryn for not telling her, or something like that.

I agree that there can be quite an interesting pro relationship because of their differences. I deliberately made Taryn this way for very much that reason. There definitely will be times when Taryn will clench her teeth when Robyn talks to her, ordering her around because she is not medically trained and HAS to defer to Robyn. But the use of the poisons to create anti-venom and medicines would be largely on Taryn being more science.

Your scene suggestion sounds lovely. It could be that they play a little in that vein but it isn't a requirement if you prefer there be a more dominant character in Robyn's life on a steady basis.

QuoteDoes Taryn swim? Because I think one of their duties is collecting jellyfish venom (Not sure why, but I'm sure Rave will explain when we get there). Robyn is a strong swimmer, so if Taryn isn't then R will get the jellies and T can get the pedes.

Yep, she is a good swimmer.
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review