Werewolf 3; VILLAGERS WIN!!

Started by Galactic Druid, May 29, 2016, 06:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remiel

I, too, will accuse Myobi.  Let's hope I'm not making a huge mistake...

Derwaysh

Quote from: Esoteric Myobi on June 12, 2016, 01:04:26 PM
So I'm pretty leery of the both of them right now and am having the sneaking suspicion that the three of you are in a cozy little group.I'm wondering if Aiden is the Wolfman and Remiel was turned so he's a werewolf now and MP...well, MP could be a villager or a wolf but that literally applies to everyone at this point anyway. So my vote for Aiden still stands and if I hang, at least I got to share everything I know -- which I realize isn't much at all besides baseless accusations. :P

This. To me this explains the shifting allegiances a good bit. Whilst it is still early, I would like there to be more light shed upon these findings. C:)
And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days

Autumn Sativus

You are all sheep being led by wolves. When Myobi is dead can we start accusing the right people please?  ::)
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Madame Professor

Quote from: Saffron on June 12, 2016, 05:32:20 PM
You are all sheep being led by wolves. When Myobi is dead can we start accusing the right people please?  ::)

The right people?

So you know something about the identity of the wolves and are just now deciding to share? Given your track record for wolf killing... Why should we trust you? Even if Myobi is a Villager, why should we trust you? You could be a wolf in sheep's clothing.

And, assuming that we still have our Priest, we could put Myobi to the test. Given how strongly everyone seemed to feel about Vera, I do t blame them for holding on to their power, but it's starting to be too risky for them not to use it.
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Esoteric Myobi

I can understand the Priest not speaking up and using their ability since you can only use it once per game. Considering the amount of players still left (17/20) and the complete lack of information, I can see why the Priest would want to hold out and wait until it's at a point where there's more information to go on. Even if the Priest were to douse me (by all means, do, if you so please) we would then be vetted as villagers and either killed or turned if the Alpha hadn't used their ability yet. Basically, if I were a villager with a special ability, I'd probably still be holding on to my cards because this game has literally only just begun (even though two weeks can feel like an eternity for a forum game, hah). :P

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Galactic Druid

Keeping it moving as fast as is fair, my dear.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Esoteric Myobi

Not saying you're not, Guy. Just pointing out that the game may feel like it's pretty far down the line but we're actually only just getting started still. :P

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Remiel

I agree; every round seems like it can last an eternity when you're sweating on the hot seat.  That's not to say it's your fault, Guy; that's just the nature of Mafia games.

Saffron, if you have an idea of who we should be going after instead, or any evidence at all that Myobi is innocent, please, by all means, let us know.

Autumn Sativus

Show me any "evidence" that anyone has. It doesn't matter what I say or what logic I try to spin, some of you will believe me, and some of you will think I'm lying and we're both wolves. I don't think it matters which one you choose, end result is dead villager and wolf pack snickering together again about how you're all eating out of their hands. I'm confident that Myobi is a villager. Are you confident that she's a wolf?
Us against the world

Mintprincess

Alright. I've been following along and I'm going to try to summerize my thoughts:

Aiden:  Either he's pulling an elaborate hoax with himself and a fake healer, or he was really healed that night is the question correct?  I believe strongly, based on everything I know, that Aiden was a villager and was healed, and that he was honest about that from the start.   Why healed?   I know the bodyguard protected me night one, so it was not the bodyguard who saved him.  So if you are the healer and didn't heal Aiden then he's lying.  Otherwise, at this juncture, I'm inclined to believe him and the healer who healed him.     That then leaves the question of was he turned or not.  I'm giving it a higher chance that he wasn't.   Aiden is loud, draws shade, wasn't completely vetted anyway, and tends to distract in a manner that wolves like.  So why change him when he might get himself lynched?   The only caviot to that is the reverse psychology that no one would change Aiden, so let's change Aiden.  I'm still not going to lean that way. It's a risk that I don't think a wolf pack would take.   Right now I would not lean to Aiden being a wolf.

That leaves Myobi and Saffron.   They had an alliance with Aiden.  They thought he was 'good' at some point if they had one. Like Rel said, revealing your alliances like that is dangerous enough, paints you together and puts targets on your heads from both villager and wolf, depending on what side you are ultimately on.   That would make me think that Myobi and Saffron aren't on the team, that one is playing the other.  Given that last round I spoke in favor of Saffron, I'll do that again. If they aren't on the same team, my opinion is that it's probably Myobi.

Madame Professor:  I'm going to throw out that I believe MP is clean.   

----------------   I think that's everyone who's been somewhat of a target as of now?   The biggest question is are we even zeroing in on the right ones? Please keep throwing out your thoughts. I find the discussion helpful.  I hang back some being 'Sheriff' because I don't want people to jump on my opinions and run with them being Sheriff. 

NightOwl35

Well I think it's about time I get to looking at this thread and posting before it gets too long.

Alright, so Ceralilly died in the night. One thing I notice, looking at RPGuy's post, is it doesn't exactly tell WHAT killed her. I find that interesting as we have the Witch's power unlocked as well as the Alpha Wolf power being unlocked. So it is possible that she was killed by either the Wolves OR the Witch if I'm looking at this correctly.

Looking at all my notes, I can't see a reason why to attack Ceralilly though. She was mostly a vote in most of the majorities and didn't stand out too much. An odd choice for sure. Though Saffron viewed her as super shady? Saffron could you elaborate on what made you feel as such about her? I don't see anyone else asking about that comment of yours.

I also find it strange how MP seems so defensive of Aiden. If we go under the assumption that the wolves turned someone the previous day, I'd not be trusting anyone at this point, unless they get doused by a Priest or a Seer can look at them. Though I'd say to be fair the latter is less likely to earn my trust. Anyone could lie about being a Seer and then lie about what they see in order to gain trust.

Though I guess the MP's defensiveness of Aiden is about on par with how defensive Saffron and Myobi are for one another.

I'd still say it's likely that Aiden was turned, if he wasn't already a wolf to begin with (though it's likely that ANYONE was turned). He'd have potential information for the wolves that they could use to take out a special role. I say potential as it's still unconfirmed whether or not Aiden WAS attacked, or if he was if he got a message. And honestly I feel for the Seer. With how much shade goes everywhere it could be easy to get caught up and not know who to look at. The other issue comes into that they could look at a Lycan or Wolfman which does us no favors.

The one thing I find the most odd posted so far is Saffron claiming that we're all sheep being led by the wolves. A page earlier you were certain that you'd end up hanging for being wrong about Vera. You also seem to know information about who the right people are to attack, yet make no accusations (at least as I'm writing this)? That just seems like you're waiting for someone to mess up to jump at them.

At this point, if we believe that someone was turned then we effectively have to be careful of who we trust or what we share with people. Granted  I'm sure certain people on here can get a read on others. I know maybe one person I feel I can trust for the most part, and even then I am holding on to that feeling as they could just be lying to me.

I would have to agree with MP though that the longer the Priest (or rather any of the other special roles) wait, the riskier it becomes. The longer you wait, the less chance you'll have to use it (as you could end up dead), and the less useful it'll end up becoming I feel. Granted, that's not for me or really anyone to decide other than those with said roles. I just hope they know what they're doing with the role.

As for Saffron's comment about being confident on someone being a wolf (I know it wasn't directed at me, but I'm making a generalization here), I don't think we can be confident on ANYONE being a wolf. Until we see multiple wolves end up dead I don't think we can feel safe we got one because of the Lycan role.

I'll say that at this current juncture that I'm going to wait for others to respond and see how things go. We only have 3/17 votes, with 2 being for Myobi and 1 being for Aiden. I think it's too early to see where the town is leaning, or if we even feel that that's the right course of action. One of the four in that, I'm assuming, broken alliance (Saffron, Myobi, Remi, Aiden) could be a wolf, or none of them could be. We still have quite a bit of time to figure things out though, so I think it's too early for someone to think they're going to hang.

Autumn Sativus

Now I'd like to take a nice long hard glance at you, my dear Sheriff.

It seems to me that you have been handed a position in which to exploit your vote, and have been playing directly into such. "I'm not voting because I'm the Sheriff" suuuuure sounds like incredibly great tactic to sit back and watch every accuse each other, toss your vote in at the last second to make sure it swings the way your fellow furries would like and then get out of there as if it was dumb luck that another villager is dead? And the reasoning of a 'rank' - everyone should vote entirely based on your own opinion of who YOU BELIEVE TO BE GUILTY not how the Sheriff voted, not how your buddy voted, not who has the most votes. If people choose to allow their own thought processes to be overshadowed by a voted title such as "Sheriff" I don't think it matters at what time you post that vote, if not you, they will be influenced by someone else. ;)
((we're all smarter than that anyway, c'mon, we're playing mafia here))

Mintprincess murders an innocent
Quote from: Mintprincess on June 06, 2016, 10:36:04 PM
Alright, thanks for your patience.  I probably spent way too much time thinking on this, but in the end, here is my decision.

I am voting to Lynch AmberStarfire

And here is why.

I fully believe at this point she is a villager. I think she came out with a wrong comment and everyone jumped on her. I think the wolves are getting off easy and that, for the most part, villagers have also voted to lynch Amber, thus putting me into this situation where if I vote to lynch I will look like a 'bad guy' when and if she comes up as a villager.

However, the village does have to work toward being a team.  Amber has made it clear she's going to continue playing like a wild card, throwing her vote where she wants, and keeping the chaos going.  Chaos breaks up the village.  It distracts us.  It keeps us from focusing on everyone else who is being shady in their own way, because we're all locked in on the way too obvious chaotic target.  Wolves love this.   I've been a wolf.  I've let that happen.  I've let the village vote for that person. I've spoken up for them. I've done all the things that I think are happening now.

We can't have Day Three turn out the same and hope to get anywhere as a village.

Finally, I considered the fact that by saving Amber, I was essentially vetting her to the village.   Would we really continue to go after her again and waste the time and resources and a repeat of Day Two?   Doesn't that make her the oh-so-perfect target for the wolves to actually change?   Would the Seer really waste his time if there are other, bigger, stronger, more cunning fish to fry?   I wouldn't, should I have that role.   (which I don't).   Which makes it all too easy for the wolves to let her slip into their pack.   And if she does come up as a wolf?  Well I'm the bad sheriff for letting her go.

Thus, It's my decision that by lynching her, she's no longer a threat to the village, even if she was a villager. 

It isn't personal.   I hope you understand.   But at this point, with 16 villagers (soon to be 15 I assume), we need to play as a team in the best way I know possible.

You easily could have chosen to save Amber, who you stated (highlight in red) that you "fully believed" to be innocent. Now... your pretty words of explanation are starting to sound like just that. Pretty words.

"The village needs to work as a team!"

EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. OF. US. except for those wolves who are out there, are on a team of our own. We forge our own alliances with people we hope we can trust and we can choose to defend or hang our fellows as we please, but let's really reasses this. This village is not a team. Nor could it ever be a team unless the villagers were the informed majority. We are a many innocents accusing each other among a few guilty parties. The only TEAM we're on, is human or wolf.

I think in killing Amber, you chose team wolf to me. There is no benefit in picking off additional bodies, it only makes the game easier for them and plays into their hands. If the wolves had been silly enough to turn Amber after we let her live, they would've been making an obvious/easy choice and the Seer would have checked her. They KNEW that. You KNEW that Miss Wolfy Wolfpants.

If we all remember, Mint was the one to say that Amber turned on her after asking questions. Knowing that Amber was innocent... what was she on to?

I entirely believe Aiden to be a wolf at this point. Perhaps he wasn't on day 1, and I let his trolly nature sucker me into thinking 'hey, he's probably human and safe to ally with'. Instead of approaching Myobi, or ANYONE in our "alliance" (If you can call "Hey we're probably all human lets try to get something good happening." an alliance in the first place... which is a huge portion of why Aiden's bus throwing was so suspicous. At no point did anyone even agree to terms that stated 'let's not vote for each other' or 'let's be allies', we were barely into discussions of beginning a group) he threw us under the bus and I entirely believe that to be something a wolf would do.

Mintprincess has been defending Aiden's innocence since day 1. Are you so sure he's "just a troll" if it costs your head? >:( 'Cause right now, it's the last nail in sealing my vote for you.

Us against the world

yugi006

I'd like to see how Mint votes this round before jumping on her.

Deamonbane

I seem to recall just about everyone that voted to lynch Amber saying at one point or another that they believed that she was innocent and that they were only voting to lynch her for some tactical reason or another. I don't agree with tactical lynching of any kind, but then I don't really understand the tactics involved in this game as of yet. What I do know is that you, Miss Saffron, voted to have Vera lynched both times and that's not the kind of mistake that I see someone as experienced as you making twice. Especially as the most detailed reasoning you've had behind them is 'bad feels'. I feel that an explanation is in order.

Also, Minty's choice was about a day and a half ago(Game time), in which time you yourself voted to lynch a fellow villager. I think your indignant response is coming a little late to be viewed as anything other than an emotional pull.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Autumn Sativus

It only makes sense that you would defend her too, Aiden. :) Let's see if the other wolves come to her rescue.
Us against the world

Deamonbane

That's Bane, or Yugi.

And I'm still waiting for that explanation.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Derwaysh

In Amber's case her voting Mint to be a sheriff and then immediately voting to lynch her looked suspicious, anybody doing that would have yielded the same result, not just Amber. Mint saying she 'fully believes Amber to be a villager at this point' meant that votes cast were on the basis of suspicion, not on concrete knowledge Amber's a wolf/villager. Nothing's concrete until the end anyway and end comes for us all.

Valar Morghulis. 8-)

In Versaille's case, it wasn't much of a case of her voting pattern but rather the accusations that shifted from one party to another in a short amount of time. Again, all based on suspicions which is all one can go by in this case.
And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days

Autumn Sativus

Disregard last post. I can't read apparently. :|
Us against the world

Deamonbane

There's also the tiny little issue of you thinking that I was a werewolf for defending Mint.

A voting pattern is a pretty flimsy excuse to vote to lynch someone twice. Once, I get and forgive. Twice... nah. Sorry Saffron. I can't give you the benefit of the doubt for that.

Autumn Sativus

Why I voted for Vera? She and Cera had banter that made me eye them both as suspicious, and my suspicions over people I believed to be innocent are a better choice to me.

Obviously I was wrong in my suspicions but so plays the game. ::)

I didn't think you were a werewolf, I thought yugi's post was Aiden somehow. I misread, and haven't any suspicion to voice on either of you. But you *are* very quick to start over what you think might be an accusation your way, aren't you? Interesting...

>:)
Us against the world

Galactic Druid

A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Deamonbane

A lot of people presented themselves as suspicious over the two rounds in which you voted for Vera. I aught to know, I was one of them with my little Diva outburst on the first day.

It's not the content of your that had me asking questions, it was the way that you presented it. Presenting evidence? Name calling? The drama, the use of emotional pull for an event that, if you truly wanted to use as suspicious, you should have used it yesterday instead of voting to lynch a villager. You know, when it had actually just happened and would be fresh on everyone's mind.

Your use of it now, of all times, does cast you and your reasoning thus far under a very shady light, as well as the person for whom you appear to be creating a smoke screen for.

It is by this reasoning, as well as the failure to present what I believe to be sufficient suspicion on Vera for voting to lynch her twice, that I present my vote for lynching once again as Saffron.

Esoteric Myobi

-replaces "kids" with "wolves"- ::)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

yugi006

I changed my vote to Amber cause lynching someone is better than lynching no one. Lynching is inevitable. We must narrow down the field to get to the wolves. I voted for Vera cause I though we was a wolf but I was wrong.