Legend of Zelda: Spellbound Alchemist (Recruitment Closed! )

Started by MaiMizzu, July 10, 2013, 02:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyZ

I have an idea gelling for Impa's daughter if that would work. I think Zelda would be one of the darn few who would know Impa even had a daughter at the time.  Like most ninja societies much of the stuff would be deliberately vague.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Kimera

Hmmm...I'm sort of considering a couple ideas for Maple, to flesh her out a bit more.

Perhaps she comes from another realm, maybe she's a twili.

Or an even darker version of Maple, perhaps involved with the cult :p

apygoos

I love Twili >.<
Midna was amazing~
i acutally like ehr so much more than Zelda in twilight princess' case, and she looked damn good at that.
also for the record, Link is a lefty, like he always should have been!

Eislynn

Something crossed my mind. Is it safe to assume Zelda becomes aware of the brewing situation through prophetic dreams? I know it's been alluded to from time to time that she learns things in this way. Perhaps that is why she puts the guards into action?

apygoos

Link gets similar dreams. I was actually thinking about that very fact.

Eislynn

Quote from: Strifesblaze7 on July 14, 2013, 06:40:44 PM
Katida, would you be interested in a possible pairing? Like starting the game paired up? If so shoot me a PM and we can hash specifics out.

Sent you a PM.

MaiMizzu

Okay, catching up now!!

Firstly.. the OOC thread  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=179702.0    and then   https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=179703.0  approvd character thread. Everyone who has posted CS's so far, go ahead and repost them there.

Quote from: MathimIs it perhaps a better idea for the Alchemist to be of Gerudo ancestry? She sure looks the part already, and they're known for witchcraft-y things and that would fit better into the Zelda universe. It would also explain why she starts out on the side trying to resurrect Ganon.
Part of the fun for me in this story is the whole 'stranger in a very very strange land. I'd like you to trust me in this regard, please. She isn't the one who is going to be trying to ressurect Ganon.. but she will be seen as an instrument in this.

Quote from: Mathim
Hyrule Castle could be enjoying a decade-or-so of peace and at the start of the story, receive word or some kind of omen that some bad stuff is going down. That's when the guards and Link get their call to action. Since the bad guys seem to have more freedom of mobility, one of them could pull a Ghirahim act, showing up out of nowhere and then vanishing quickly after delivering taunts and grim tidings.
There will be forewarnings, but not exactly in something so plain. I actually forsee this cult as being more of the operatives in the shadows, since part of their ressurection process is the murder of the citizens of Hyrule.

Quote from: Katida desuSomething crossed my mind. Is it safe to assume Zelda becomes aware of the brewing situation through prophetic dreams? I know it's been alluded to from time to time that she learns things in this way. Perhaps that is why she puts the guards into action?
I had given thought to this also. My thought was that.. after my first post, maybe you could use pieces of it for your own premonition dreams. Same with Link. Or at least Zelda and Link's interpretations of things they see, ya know?

okay i think that's it... so yeah, we get one or two more female characters, and I'm gonna make my first post.
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

SweetSerenade

I'm interested in playing a Shiekah, but are people aware that in OoT that Impa was considered the last, the Shiekah's were considered practically extinct after the Shadow Wars? I'm thinking she's likely not a full blood, because you need about 150 of a species to have a proper genetic pool. I was also thinking about using the below picture for my character. I'm thinking her father was a Shiekah, and her mother was a Hylian Noblewoman, it was a forbidden marriage (her mother had an arranged one and she eloped with the Shiekah man) and my character probably doesn't have all of the same training as a normal Shiekah. But I am thinking that her Grandfather (Mother's father) probably entered her into the Royal Guard, out of guilt for what happened to his daughter.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Mathim

I don't know about that, it never seems to be that important in the games. There's only one Goron in Skyward Sword and they didn't seem to have any problem propogating. Plus even evolution happens very rapidly, the Zoras have gone through like three different phases in just a couple hundred years. No one should be forced to be a half-blood anything if they don't want; fantasy logic needn't be quite so fastidious.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Mathim on July 15, 2013, 06:14:47 PM
I don't know about that, it never seems to be that important in the games. There's only one Goron in Skyward Sword and they didn't seem to have any problem propogating. Plus even evolution happens very rapidly, the Zoras have gone through like three different phases in just a couple hundred years. No one should be forced to be a half-blood anything if they don't want; fantasy logic needn't be quite so fastidious.

Well I don't mind playing a Half-blooded Shiekah. I honestly don't mind the fact taht Impa was supposed to be the last full blooded in OoT. My character just wouldn't have the ninja like skills of the past shiekah.

Mathim

I never understood how that could be, anyway. I don't know if I'm spoiling anything but I'll spoiler tag it anyway:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Is the Impa from Skyward Sword not also a Sheikah? She seemed to be the only one of her kind then too, so it would make sense that her reincarnation would also be that, even if a different race. Plus she lived for 1000 years which was freaky. If Sheikah was her species then too, how did they, with such supposedly huge longevity, not manage to survive and leave her the only one? Also in Twilight Princess, her descendant Impaz was of that tribe, but was she half-blood or even more mixed, or what?

Not sure if anyone thinks it might be appropriate for each of the guards to be of a different race/species. I just thought it would be appropriate since all the sages in Ocarina of Time were.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

apygoos

well we have a pretty diverse race pool currently, so we already kinda have that effect. I'm just eager to start relationship building XD.

Kimera

Still need to start at my charsheet, but it should be done by tomorrow

SweetSerenade

I'm starting to feel a bit hesitant about joining this Rp. I'm going to take some time to think about it.

Mathim

Was it something I said? Or do you just not have as much time as you'd prefer?

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Mathim on July 16, 2013, 05:21:41 PM
Was it something I said? Or do you just not have as much time as you'd prefer?

Nothing you said, I just realized that the character I was interested in question has now receded to the far recesses of my mind. I also have my group to set up...

Mathim

Aw, shucks. So much for more female blood. I always felt like Link had a huge harem built up by the end of each game.

Kimera

apygoos

well princess Midna is very possible. I would assume is reincarnations of Zelda were possible, so would ones of Midna. In Fact, if you went with Midna, It would be a previous incarnation of Midna.
Both characters though would be like, the party black mage, though like Zelda, I'm sure Midna has a decent combat prowess

MaiMizzu

The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Kimera

WIP
Name: Midna
Race: Twili
Sexuality: Hetrosexual, but Bi-curious
Approximate Age (human years): 18
Specialty: Dark Magic and Summoning
City of origin: Twilight Realm
Personality: Born from royalty within the Twilight Realm, Midna radiates autority and can be quite demanding. Midna may seem cold and harsh at first, but in time she is able to open up to those she trusts.
Weakness or Flaws: Like all denizens of the twilight realm, Midna isn't fond of the light. She prefers to remain in the shadows
Weapon(s) of Choice (if any): None. Midna relies solely on her magical talents and summoned minions to keep her foes at bay.
Item(s) Carried:

apygoos

gods i love the Twili..Midna is so damn hot..hehe
speaking of twili..
reaserch done...and i feel lik an idiot for forgetting this.
[From Twilight Princess]
The Six Sages went to execute Gannondorf for his crimes, but the Triforce of Power let him live from the otherwise fatal strike, killing our favorite Zora in the process. in fear, the sages used the mirror of twilight to seal him away in the realm of the Twili.
not sure if thats something we want to stick to but..yea..Thats the cannon.

Mathim

I would have thought he killed more than just one sage because two of them had to be replaced in Wind Waker, the water and the forest sages. Then again, that was a different timeline and the sages they were replacing weren't Ruto and Saria, they were a different Zora and Kokiri...

apygoos

1) different timeline
2) those sages are the ones praying to Hylia to keep the power to repel evil in the Master Sword