Final Fantasy VIII: Balamb Garden Official Application (FEMALES NEEDED)

Started by Fenrir, June 30, 2012, 06:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revenent

Fenrir

There is one full-fledge SeeD- Yuge that is played by Finn Mackenna (The GM) but all other character's must start out as students.  They do however have the option of being an official SeeD candidate- like Zeniera.

Wants and Won'ts --  (updated 02/20)  |  Ideas and Inventions (open!)
Current CreationsApologies and Absences  -- (updated 04/26)

Florence

I appreciate the input, but remember its a GMs duty to handle the apps. If you have comments, please take them to the OOC page.

However, Revenent is right, your character would be a Student not a SeeD. A SeeD Candidate is acceptable, but they're still essentially just students. In addition, I'd like to ask you take a different GF, Bahamut is a rather powerful GF.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Snake

Ahh sorry I'm a bit rusty on the ff8 GF's. it's been a while

and I'll fix it.

Revenent

The people posting the apps probably don't read the OOC until after the approval, though, and it's better to say if we see issues with someone's sheet before it's approved rather than after.

Snake

I try to keep up with the ooc too.

and fixed it to be diablos instead if that' alright.

TheHangedOne

The way I'd see it isn't a constant Berserk state, but rather, a chance upon being hit that he goes Berserk, as a reactionary skill, if that would be permissible; and possibly having the ability to force himself into a Berserk state by attacking himself, with the obvious negative aspect being the fact he's, you know... seriously hurting himself.

Also, a question: How does being a SeeD candidate from a Garden besides Balamb work? Do they get shipped out to Balamb to undergo the trials and stuff?
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

LeSane

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on July 07, 2012, 09:55:28 AM
The combination of these seems a tad overkill to me. Especially once I read the words "healing factor" and my mind goes to Wolverine. That healing factor means whenever he's on the ground, he essentially has regen on, combined with an immunity to Earth spells, and a high defense. He's essentially a living tank. I'd really prefer this get toned down. Look at the accepted characters list, and bring it to more that level.

I fixed it so that so that he has too choose which one he has to use at the same time.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Fenrir

Quote from: TheHangedMan on July 07, 2012, 02:06:15 PM
Also, a question: How does being a SeeD candidate from a Garden besides Balamb work? Do they get shipped out to Balamb to undergo the trials and stuff?

From the way I understand it SeeD candidates from other Gardens transfer to Balamb once they are able to apply.  Balamb Garden is the only Garden that houses SeeDs and SeeD candidates. >.>

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Fenrir on July 07, 2012, 02:51:26 PM
From the way I understand it SeeD candidates from other Gardens transfer to Balamb once they are able to apply.  Balamb Garden is the only Garden that houses SeeDs and SeeD candidates. >.>
Thank you.
Check out my poet tree!

Mossberg

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on July 07, 2012, 11:48:38 AM
I appreciate the input, but remember its a GMs duty to handle the apps. If you have comments, please take them to the OOC page.

However, Revenent is right, your character would be a Student not a SeeD. A SeeD Candidate is acceptable, but they're still essentially just students. In addition, I'd like to ask you take a different GF, Bahamut is a rather powerful GF.
Sorry man, didn't mean to step on your toes or anything, just trying to be helpful.
"I killed the whole world, and you can too, if you try hard."
-Lews Therin Telamon

TheHangedOne

Okay, round two. I get the feeling he's still a bit too powerful, but I am open to suggestions.

CHARACTER APPLICATION
Name: Clive "Pain" Beckett
Enrollment Age: 5

Weapon: Black Dragon martial arts Weapon Description: To hell with weapons! A real man fights with his fist and feet! Black Dragon martial arts is very similar to Shaolin style martial arts. They differ in that the Black Dragon style focuses on lethality, rather than incapacitation. The death of a practitioner during Kumite, a form of training, is uncommon but not unheard of.
Specialization: Melee fighting. He is capable of dealing out tremendous amounts of physical damage, while also being able to handle vast quantities of physical abuse with little or no problems.
Personality: A two faced man, he is often times reserved, wise and mature beyond his years, and a hardline stoic.  This attitude shifts tremendously, however, when he is fighting, as he can become a wild (but not reckless) warrior, that freely shouts threats of death and dismemberment, and who seeks to cow his opponents with his threats.

It should be noted that while he does appear to be in a frenzied state, he maintains a strict control over himself under most circumstances. This control only falters after prolonged fighting, or as he starts to suffer serious damage.

Backstory: Born to a graduate of Trabia Garden, one of the survivors of the attack thirty years ago, he was admitted to the Garden by the wishes of his father (His mother having died during child birth).  However, his time at the Garden was filled with abject misery.

Homesickness and uncertainty, coupled with a low self esteem, ensured that for most of his young life, he was the subject of bullying. He did little but endure it, and never spoke of it, for fear of retaliation from the bullies; consequently, the Garden faculty were only rarely able to step in and help him out.

As he grew older and matured, he began to  shed his original shy and passive nature. Through meditation practices, he was able to find and draw on an inner reservoir of strength, and he learned to trust in himself and his abilities.

He was one of the best students in the martial arts program he took. As he had become something of an overachiever in his 'later' years, it is no surprise that he went to try and become a member of SeeD. He was thankful for the transition to Balamb Garden, where he felt like he could truly reinvent himself, and finally cast away the old chains that still bound him; however, that is not always so easy.

Broken One has been with him for a very long time, and unfortunately, he does not remember how he came to first meet the Guardian Force. He just knows that she's always been there for him.
Appearance:

This is his usual style when lounging around in what he considers "street clothes". For obvious reasons, he has both a Balamb and a Trabia Garden uniform. Additionally, he is some times known to wear a mask that appears to be made from the skull of a humanoid creature; it is intended to frighten enemies. 

GF APPLICATION
Name: Broken One
Element: Dark
Description:
She actually appears with a gaping hole in her chest, with the heart she holds presumably being her own. Her head often hangs at an extremely lopsided angle, as if it the neck has been snapped. 
Bonus: High strength and vitality growth, Lifefont, damaged by healing magic, weakened resistance to all magic (excepting an immunity to Dark).
Special Attack: Vengeful Malice: Deals moderate physical damage to all enemies, with a chance of inflicting stun/paralysis, and an obscenely low chance of instant knock out.
Check out my poet tree!

Revenent

Florence

Quote from: TheHangedMan on July 07, 2012, 03:41:09 PM
Okay, round two. I get the feeling he's still a bit too powerful, but I am open to suggestions.

CHARACTER APPLICATION
Name: Clive "Pain" Beckett
Enrollment Age: 5

Weapon: Black Dragon martial arts Weapon Description: To hell with weapons! A real man fights with his fist and feet! Black Dragon martial arts is very similar to Shaolin style martial arts. They differ in that the Black Dragon style focuses on lethality, rather than incapacitation. The death of a practitioner during Kumite, a form of training, is uncommon but not unheard of.
Specialization: Melee fighting. He is capable of dealing out tremendous amounts of physical damage, while also being able to handle vast quantities of physical abuse with little or no problems.
Personality: A two faced man, he is often times reserved, wise and mature beyond his years, and a hardline stoic.  This attitude shifts tremendously, however, when he is fighting, as he can become a wild (but not reckless) warrior, that freely shouts threats of death and dismemberment, and who seeks to cow his opponents with his threats.

It should be noted that while he does appear to be in a frenzied state, he maintains a strict control over himself under most circumstances. This control only falters after prolonged fighting, or as he starts to suffer serious damage.

Backstory: Born to a graduate of Trabia Garden, one of the survivors of the attack thirty years ago, he was admitted to the Garden by the wishes of his father (His mother having died during child birth).  However, his time at the Garden was filled with abject misery.

Homesickness and uncertainty, coupled with a low self esteem, ensured that for most of his young life, he was the subject of bullying. He did little but endure it, and never spoke of it, for fear of retaliation from the bullies; consequently, the Garden faculty were only rarely able to step in and help him out.

As he grew older and matured, he began to  shed his original shy and passive nature. Through meditation practices, he was able to find and draw on an inner reservoir of strength, and he learned to trust in himself and his abilities.

He was one of the best students in the martial arts program he took. As he had become something of an overachiever in his 'later' years, it is no surprise that he went to try and become a member of SeeD. He was thankful for the transition to Balamb Garden, where he felt like he could truly reinvent himself, and finally cast away the old chains that still bound him; however, that is not always so easy.

Broken One has been with him for a very long time, and unfortunately, he does not remember how he came to first meet the Guardian Force. He just knows that she's always been there for him.
Appearance:

This is his usual style when lounging around in what he considers "street clothes". For obvious reasons, he has both a Balamb and a Trabia Garden uniform. Additionally, he is some times known to wear a mask that appears to be made from the skull of a humanoid creature; it is intended to frighten enemies. 

GF APPLICATION
Name: Broken One
Element: Dark
Description:
She actually appears with a gaping hole in her chest, with the heart she holds presumably being her own. Her head often hangs at an extremely lopsided angle, as if it the neck has been snapped. 
Bonus: High strength and vitality growth, Lifefont, damaged by healing magic, weakened resistance to all magic (excepting an immunity to Dark).
Special Attack: Vengeful Malice: Deals moderate physical damage to all enemies, with a chance of inflicting stun/paralysis, and an obscenely low chance of instant knock out.

Actually, this sounds quite good to me :D approved!

Snake is also approved!

Scarification... also approved!

O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

LeSane

O .o Why did mine have the dots? I'm happy but damn I thought I did something wrong.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Fenrir

Quote from: Scarification on July 08, 2012, 12:32:11 AM
O .o Why did mine have the dots? I'm happy but damn I thought I did something wrong.

Simply building anticipation I'm sure ;)

Florence

AidenWhite

I'd like to join if that is all right. My character would be a high defense tank which guards against and takes hits for the rest of the team and reflects damage back to the giver. The GF would be something that boosts elemental immunity, not to the point of god, and health. He has little to no magical capabilities.
For example, I'm taking a class from FF13, the Sentinel class. Would that be alright?
My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

Florence

Quote from: AidenWhite on July 08, 2012, 02:44:38 PM
I'd like to join if that is all right. My character would be a high defense tank which guards against and takes hits for the rest of the team and reflects damage back to the giver. The GF would be something that boosts elemental immunity, not to the point of god, and health. He has little to no magical capabilities.
For example, I'm taking a class from FF13, the Sentinel class. Would that be alright?

As long as you bare in mind that sentinels have VERY limited offense, it's fine by me.

AidenWhite

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on July 08, 2012, 06:21:30 PM
As long as you bare in mind that sentinels have VERY limited offense, it's fine by me.

Yeah, like I said he'd just reflect damage and do basic punching moves. So I'll just make up a character sheet and post here later.
My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on July 06, 2012, 04:33:11 AM
They can be fired, but the don't shoot bullets, they have vibration cells that send shockwaves through the blades, which increases their melee damage.

Well if that is how you plan to do it that is fine.  Just thought I'd put that up there since they can be fired like guns.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Florence

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on July 09, 2012, 01:20:51 AM
Well if that is how you plan to do it that is fine.  Just thought I'd put that up there since they can be fired like guns.

If you mean firing a projectile, they cannot do that in Final Fantasy VIII, and that's why I will not approve any gunblades that do. They have been shown to do that in later games, but never in Final Fantasy VIII.

Onudi

Character application 1
Name: Arlora Lisha
Admitted: 9

Weapons: Arlora fights with a pair of short swords that have an Asian flare, light and incredibly well balanced with strong folded steel blades imbedded with old family magic to keep them sharp and nearly unbreakable. Her family name is carved into the wood and ivory handles and into the wooden sheaths that hang together on her right hip. Se has been known to fancy a long staff while practicing casting, but most often she is wielding her swords in the face of her enemy as she flits back and forth to distract them.

Specialty: Confusion and Distraction; Arlora is a distraction expert, allowing others to escape or prepare for a full on attack.

Magic: Strog Confusion and Mild Sleep
Buffs: boosts Strength and attack of anyone fighting the same enemy she is fighting.

Personality: Arlora is strong and friendly. She has a kindnature and wants to help and protect those around her. She has a sharp mind and quick wits that help her attacks to be swift and precise in combat and her words to be clearly pointed and easy to interpret in conversation. Sometimes she can come off a bit haughty or cold due to her skill level and confidence in herself.  But her goal in life is to defend.
Backstory:
Arlora came from a strong family of fighters, begging to begin schooling at age 5.  Her father decided to keep her at home longer to help her hone her skills before sending her on. He was very skilled and knew that he had to pass on every thing he knew to his two young daughters.  Arlora was the eldest and learned very quickly. Her father had taught her everything he could in four short years so he sent her to Balari Garden to train for her future.  Arlora had only been at the garden for about a month when she encountered a young wind creature while out on a walk.  They bonded and have never been seen apart since. Arlora's summon, named Rira, now walks the halls and paths of te garden at her side as they have for several years now. Arlora is a senior and there are a lot of very important decisions on her mind as of late. She is only two years from the cut off age and she is expecting information from SeeD any day now to see if she has been chosen to join their team after graduation. For the first time in her life, she is nervous.

Guardian Summon:
Rira Dora, summon to Arlora is a young water creature with a soft heart and warm, inviting personality. He follows Arlora everywhere she goes, being more like friends, or even an odd couple.

Boosts: Rira offers an Agility and Evasion buff to Arlora and any one within 10 feet of her.

Attacks: Nose Dive: Rira can dive from the sky and slam her body into an enemy. If the attack is seen and expected, she does medium damage and stuns for 5 seconds. If the target is caught unaware, the attack does double damage and stinks for 15 seconds.

(images of each to come shortly.  Sorry, it rediculously hardto copy and paste images on this blasted phone *sighs*
Parental Advisory Warning
              SEX
             ZONE
           AHEAD!!