Spel Takes the Podium

Started by Spookie Monster, February 28, 2008, 05:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spookie Monster

Ladies and Gentlemen, Maidens and Monsters,

I might -- might -- be looking for a game.  Oh, goodness, I don't know.  I mean, yes, I do want to play -- damn do I want to play -- but I'm the type of guy who'd prefer not being involved in any game to being involved in anything other than a game that fits him perfectly and that he fits perfectly.  If that makes sense.  In addition, my schedule prevents me from posting in too great of a volume, and I understand how frustrating it can be to wait for a reply to reply to.  I certainly don't have the time to run a proper game myself.

But yeah, I'd enjoy getting involved in something worthwhile.  Therefore, I'm announcing my very tentative availability as a player.  I can't suggest that I'd be the funniest or the most cunning player, but I would endeavor to create a unique character, play my character in an interesting way, and encourage the individual running the game and the other individuals playing the game.  I'm all right with playing freeform and I'm all right with using a system, but please know that I'm unfamiliar with a lot of systems and that I don't really have the energy or the inclination to learn something too complex.  I'd prefer a game with fantasy, horror, or science-fiction elements, but I'm not too fussy on that front.

Whatever game I ended up playing, I'd trust that it promised two things: 1) the ability to really play my character -- i.e., roleplay -- and 2) the opportunity for my character to ravish women, whether PCs or NPCs.  Now, I don't mind action scenes, but I do want my character to have the chance to get immersed in a world, not just eliminate its more unsavory elements.  Likewise, the game doesn't have to revolve around ravishment; in fact, I'd prefer that it didn't.  I'm calling for a game here on Elliquiy, though, because Elliquiy is a "community for adults interested in sexual role play," and male-on-female rape is my personal fetish.

Oh, and please don't hesitate to check out my ONs & OFFs thread and my old posts.  These might give you a better idea of how I write and of what I look forward to in a game.

Some specific games or settings that I might like to play in?  Well, how about...

... Silent Hill?

I avoided the Silent Hill series for some time.  I guess that I just got turned off by all of the hype that surrounded it.  When I finally sat down and watched a game, however, I... well, I liked it.*  I felt that the details of the cult were pretty weak, but I did like the psychological aspects.  A Silent Hill game could be filled with both sex and horror.  No need to involve the characters already established in the series -- there's plenty of mental illness to go around!

... My Life with Master?

Freeform or system, as I said above; both are all right with me.  If a system is going to be used, however, I'd be interested in trying out that of My Life with Master.  I think that it's got great potential for roleplaying and for ravishment.  How about a Hammer House of Horror theme?  I love those curvy babes!

Please don't tell Paul Czege, though...

... the Far East?

I'd be comfortable playing something set in historical Japan, China, Korea, Vietnam, Cambodia, or a pastiche of them.

... Arabian Nights?

For some reason I have a strong attraction to the Near East of, say, the 8th century to the 12th century.  Although I write "Arabian Nights" above, the game world in my mind would involve Persia and Morocco and Egypt and Ethiopia and beyond.  I believe that I'd really enjoy playing a fantasy scenario involving a marid or an ifrit or some ghouls (and, naturally, some busty harem girls).  I might even be persuaded to try the rules from Toward One, which now, apparently, can only be found on the Internet Archive.

... a Lovecraftian scenario?

Yeah, yeah, such a game would send Lovecraft himself into fits, but heck, didn't he like to be horrified?  Don't forget the tentacles and the unholy miscegenation...

... High Fantasy of the Ooooooooold West.

Spellcastin' sheriffs, gnomish Gatlin' guns, Apache hill giants, elvish cathouses (elvish catgirls optional), and trains that run on sorcery.  Who's the fastest draw with his Magic Missile?  Why are those candy-assed sidewinders plannin' to dig a railway tunnel spang through Wyrmspit Mountain?  A freakin' umber hulk done rustled up my cattle!

Other possibilities...

... Star Trek?

I'm not a huge fan of the Star Trek universe, but I do enjoy it well enough.  I think that a well-run Star Trek game would have a lot of potential.  A Mirror Universe game might prove interesting indeed!

... Star Wars?

I am a huge fan of the Star Wars universe, so naturally I'm inclined to think that a Star Wars game would have a lot of potential.  A word of warning, however: I don't know much about the Expanded Universe!

... toons?

I've often speculated that a game set in a world similar to that of Who Framed Roger Rabbit would have numerous possibilities, particularly now that Japanese animation can be wholeheartedly tossed into the mix.  Characters could be "real" or cartoons and scenarios could take place in the "real world" or the cartoon world...

Before I go, please let me mention that I'd be willing to play a villain within a scenario or a campaign; this includes playing a "Special Guest Villain" who doesn't survive too long in the grand scheme of things.  I might be a fit for an existing campaign!

Thanks very much for reading.  I've really enjoyed my time at Elliquiy and I'm excited about beginning yet another chapter.  If you feel that you've got a game that I might be interested in, please reply here or PM me; maybe we can work something out.  If not, no biggie.  One way or the other, happy gaming! :)

Spel

* It's a long story.  I don't play many video games myself, but I do regularly watch people play video games.
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

schnookums

Damn, I so would love to be in a Silent Hill game..I just loves that series to death. Sadly, I think I'd not be so good at running one though x.x

Creeper

Wouldn't mind a Lovecraftian one shot, as either the beast or the victim.
Ons and Offs, yo: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4370.0

Too tired to post Wednesday night. Posts on Thursday!

Spookie Monster

Thanks for the interest, guys!  I appreciate it.  I've received a few replies, but it looks like everybody would like to try something different.  You, schnookums, would like to play a Silent Hill game, while you, Creeper, would be interested in a Lovecraftian one-shot.  Would either of you be willing to consider a more generic horror game?  How about moving beyond horror?  I ask because I've got one great player waiting in the wings who's not really interested in horror; she'd prefer the Arabian Nights, the Far East, or the High Fantasy of the Old West options.  Maybe we could arrange a dark fantasy game?

By the way, schnookums, may I ask why you believe that you yourself wouldn't be good at running a Silent Hill game?  It's been my experience that pretty much anybody who has the time and the dedication to run a game can do so.

Thanks again!  Please reply to this thread or PM me.  And if there's somebody else out there who'd like to chime in, please don't hesitate to do so!

Spel
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs

Creeper

Don't think I can commit to anything more than a one shot at the moment, given I'm trying to get my own game up and running.

Mindhazingsquid

My friend and I worked together on a Silent Hilly D&D campaign for some of our friends that would be a lot of fun to actually run, though I find playing a game with a system on a forum is unweildly so I'd prefer systemless and it wouldn't have to be fantasy based (or medival).  It could just as easily be more modern.

schnookums

By the way, schnookums, may I ask why you believe that you yourself wouldn't be good at running a Silent Hill game?  It's been my experience that pretty much anybody who has the time and the dedication to run a game can do so.

I dunno, it's just hard for me to think of scenarios to run another player through..I've always been on the other side of things as a player. *looks sheepish* My interest in SH admittedly was having my character encounter the town and the evil depravity within. But...perhaps when I've gotten a little more confidence I might be able to run something...

Spookie Monster

Let's see...

Quote from: mindhazingsquid on March 03, 2008, 06:11:20 AMMy friend and I worked together on a Silent Hilly D&D campaign for some of our friends that would be a lot of fun to actually run, though I find playing a game with a system on a forum is unweildly so I'd prefer systemless and it wouldn't have to be fantasy based (or medival).  It could just as easily be more modern.

Quote from: schnookums on March 03, 2008, 03:16:41 PMI dunno, it's just hard for me to think of scenarios to run another player through..I've always been on the other side of things as a player. *looks sheepish* My interest in SH admittedly was having my character encounter the town and the evil depravity within. But...perhaps when I've gotten a little more confidence I might be able to run something...

Well, I'd be interested in playing in a Silent Hill game that either of you ran.  If you'd be willing to run, mindhazingsquid, it looks like you'd be able to get me and schnookums -- you'd be up for it, right, schnookums? -- and an announcement on the Players Wanted board would probably garner a couple of more players.  The same goes for you, schnookums: if you're willing to run, you've got at least one player.  As a note, mindhazingsquid, I understand your concern with trying to use a system on a forum; I for one wouldn't have a problem with going systemless (or, alternatively, with using a really simple system like Risus).

Incidentally, schnookums... well, if you are indeed interested in running a game, I do hope that you decide to run one sooner than later.  Running a game can be a lot of fun!  Please let me know if and when you do; I'm certainly willing to participate as a player and, if possible, to give a few tips on how to actually run a game.  Oh, and if you need some ideas for a scenario, look no further than S. John Ross's Big List of RPG Plots!

Quote from: Creeper on March 01, 2008, 02:47:44 PMDon't think I can commit to anything more than a one shot at the moment, given I'm trying to get my own game up and running.

That's cool, and I thank you very much for being frank.  That said, if one or both of the gentlemen above decide to get involved in a Silent Hill game, might you be willing to participate, too, if only for a brief time?  No harm done if not -- I know that you were discussing a Lovecraftian game!

By the way, Creeper, which game is it that you yourself are focusing on starting up?  Whichever one it is, best of luck with it!

Thanks, guys!  It appears that we might have something here... :)

Spel
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs

Mindhazingsquid

Four characters would be perfect for me.  More and it starts getting unweildly and doesn't give enough variety of characters.

schnookums

Well, if Mindhazingsquid were willing to run that I'd certainly be interested ;)

Creeper

I could certainly stick around for a little while.

My game's the Out of My Skin Superhero thing. Should be an ad in the players wanted forum with the relevent links.

Mindhazingsquid

Spookie Monster

Quote from: mindhazingsquid on March 08, 2008, 02:03:43 PMSo, is that three?

Three indeed, at least at the start of the scenario.

Quote from: Creeper on March 05, 2008, 09:55:47 PMI could certainly stick around for a little while.

That might work out well, actually.  Having a "real" character killed (or simply disappear) would definitely add to the horror...

By the way, Creeper, that game of yours looks great!  Best of luck with it... :)

Spel
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs

Mindhazingsquid

While the game was made for D&D it could be changed to modern easily enough.  What's the general concensous on that?

schnookums

I'm quite fine with modern...it does make the horror a bit more...horrifying? But If the general consensus goes the other way I'd still play :)

Spookie Monster

Quote from: mindhazingsquid on March 08, 2008, 08:23:31 PMWhile the game was made for D&D it could be changed to modern easily enough.  What's the general concensous on that?

Like schnookums, I'd prefer to play in a Silent Hill game set in the "modern" world -- say, anytime in the last fifty years.  Also like schnookums, though, I'd still play if you decided to involve a traditional fantasy setting. :)

Spel
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs

Mindhazingsquid

Alright, modern it is, now to find one more person.
Want me to make a post in players wanted?  Do you want to work make characters?

Spookie Monster

Quote from: mindhazingsquid on March 09, 2008, 04:15:03 PMAlright, modern it is, now to find one more person.
Want me to make a post in players wanted?  Do you want to work make characters?

I'd be totally comfortable with your posting in Players Wanted; please don't hesitate to do so.  Would you prefer to begin with five characters, incidentally, or end with three?

Oh, goodness, and I'm certainly eager to begin a character of my own.  What are your guidelines?

Thanks very much for taking up the mantle, mindhazingsquid.  I'm looking forward to the game! :)

Spel
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs

Mindhazingsquid

I should say this now, I abhor killing PCs without their concent but to add to the feel of the game I would just like to let you know that while death might not come easily (I don't WANT to kill everyone.  Where's the fun in that?) if you persist with stupid things (everyone knows wrestling with zombies is a bad idea) or if the situation dictates (***** who had his back against the door to hold the zombies at bay while the others start pushing furniture around to actually block the door, a smart thing, doesn't realise that Pyramid head with his 7 foot long sword is on the other side... oops, now he's been scewerd by a long sword as PH makes his own door.) it will happen, please don't take it personally.  I hope everyone is okay with that.

Now, it's modern day, I was thinking of making it the cliche of a bunch of friends get together for a camp, get lost in a spooky old forest, while trying to reorient themselves they stumble across a ghost, mining town.  I wouldlike it if everyone knew at least one other character, you can be siblings, friends, significant others, what ever you like.
I would also like everyone to have some kind of deep dark secret (maybe you lust after your sibling, maybe you raped and killed (on purpose or not) someone).  I'm pretty open about the age of everyone.  I was picturing like college students but it could be 40 year olds getting together with old friends for a little camp.

I do have another question, how sexy do we want it?  I mean, Silent Hill was pretty sexual.  I think 1 was the only one that didn't have some kind of sexual symbolism.  So I was planning on, while maybe not open sex but certainly inuendos.

Olufemi

ooo... hmm.. I'd be very interested in your Arabian Nights Scenario.

:D

Got a nice fascination for the same period.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
On's & Offs [/td][/tr][/table]
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
A/A - Updated Aug 22, 2011 [/td][/tr][/table]
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
Roleplay wants [/td][/tr][/table]

schnookums

Dunno if we should keep this in this thread or no. For me for a Silent Hill game I'd actually kinda like a fairly high (albeit not overshadowing the story) amount of sexual content. But I'm a freak in that way.

Spookie Monster

Quote from: mindhazingsquid on March 09, 2008, 09:22:58 PMI hope everyone is okay with that.

Heh! ;D  I for one have got no problem with that at all; in fact, I hold exactly the same philosophy when I myself run games.  Indeed, that's why Creeper's character's "premature" death would be so dramatic in my eyes!

Quote from: mindhazingsquid on March 09, 2008, 09:22:58 PMI would also like everyone to have some kind of deep dark secret (maybe you lust after your sibling, maybe you raped and killed (on purpose or not) someone).

That's fair, although I must ask: Would you be willing to choose a secret for me and reveal it over the course of the story?  I ask because one of the reasons that I enjoy the Silent Hill series is that I like to gradually learn just what it is the protagonist is guilty of.  Also, would you prefer that our characters' secrets be connected in some way?  This could explain why all of our characters are in Silent Hill at the same time and might allow you yourself to streamline the theme and imagery.

Quote from: mindhazingsquid on March 09, 2008, 09:22:58 PMI'm pretty open about the age of everyone.  I was picturing like college students but it could be 40 year olds getting together with old friends for a little camp.

I was considering a guy in his late thirties or early forties -- a lonely, late-night DJ, actually -- but I'd be cool with playing a college-age character and my character concept was vague enough to work with.  What types of characters did you have in mind, schnookums and Creeper?

Quote from: mindhazingsquid on March 09, 2008, 09:22:58 PMI do have another question, how sexy do we want it?  I mean, Silent Hill was pretty sexual.  I think 1 was the only one that didn't have some kind of sexual symbolism.  So I was planning on, while maybe not open sex but certainly inuendos.

Quote from: schnookums on March 10, 2008, 02:39:37 AMFor me for a Silent Hill game I'd actually kinda like a fairly high (albeit not overshadowing the story) amount of sexual content. But I'm a freak in that way.

Well, please do follow your plan, mindhazingsquid: As far as I'm concerned you are the boss, and I'm sure that I'm going to enjoy whatever it is you come up with. :)

That said, I'm with schnookums on this one.  My number one priority is a coherent plot thread, true, but I'd prefer to play in a Silent Hill game filled with sex and sexual imagery.

(What do you want?  I'm a PERVERT!)

Thanks for getting our input!  I really respect your flexibility... :)

Spel
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs

Creeper

I'm thinking the sole survivor of a bus crash on a field trip when my character was younger (before he met the other PC's, heh) and has bad suvivors guilt. He can be young or old though.

Mindhazingsquid