And the Clock Struck Midnight....(Freeform Apocalyptic Setting)

Started by Urbanzorro, October 05, 2010, 01:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urbanzorro

[size=24pt]I.C.[/size]

-March 2014- The United States finally manages to extract itself from the middle east. Leaving behind democratic governments in both Iraq and Afghanistan, [b]The Doomsday Clock is set at 12 mins till midnight.[/b]

-September 2014- United States researchers at Texas A&M University develop a process for the removal of radioactive contamination from non-living materials

-November 2014- Dr. Mata, a professor at M.I.T. designs the U.F.P.V. (Unmanned Fallout Processing Vehicle). Designed to provide a mobile platform for the de-radiation process. The United States government quietly purchases the the patent and begins contracting several weapons manufacturers to produce U.F.P.V.s to be deployed after a possible nuclear exchange in order to dramatically reduce the dangers of residual radiation. 

-February 2015- The last effects of the U.S. economic recession are shaken off, it seems as if a time of prosperity is on the horizon

-June 2015- Open rebellion breaks out in China as several democratic movements join together in "the fight for the freedom of the Chinese people"

-July 2015- The United States secretly sends weapons into China in order to aid the democratic rebellion

-October 2015- The final rebel positions are over run as China's Peoples' Liberation Army achieves total victory. Communist hard liners assume many command positions within the Chinese government

-January 2016- Relations between China and the U.S. have steadily worsened and China's new leaders move it further and further from reform.

-April 2016- A new state of cold war exists, this time between the U.S. and China along with their respective allies

-November 2016- Footage of South Korean soldiers attacking North Korean civilians surfaces. The North Korean government is "outraged" and calls for "justice against the international criminals." South Korea discredits the footage as "bold faced lies"

[float=left][img]http://img.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/nuclear-war-wallpaper.thumbnail.jpg[/img][/float]-December 2016- Chinese ships appear in South Korean waters and blockade South Korean ports. The Chinese government releases a statement that the blockade is to 'stop the entrance of outside agitators" as North and South Korea sort out their own affairs. The United States demands China lift the blockade, setting the deadline at 12:01 AM January 1st 2017, under threat of "supportive actions on behalf of South Korea." Both Chinese and U.S. strategic assets assume states of increased combat readiness. [b]The Doomsday Clock is set at 5 mins till midnight. [/b]

-January 2017- The deadline passes without the removal of the Chinese blockade, a U.S. Navy task force is dispatched to "reopen South Korean sea lanes." Chinese and U.S. naval forces meet in South Korean waters no shots are fired, both the U.S. and Chinese fleets are armed with tactical and strategic nuclear weaponry. [b]The Doomsday Clock is set at 2 mins till midnight[/b]

-February 2017- Both China and the U.S. come under pressure from the international community to stop their "Childish and reckless endangerment of world peace." many of China's and the U.S.'s allies pledge to abstain from any conflict that may occur between the two superpowers. UN trade sanctions are placed on both the U.S. and China with the backing of The European Union. "These sanctions will only be removed when both the United States and The Peoples Republic of China come to their senses and begin to step back from the brink of war" declares the UN chairman

-March 2017-  China begins to relent, slowly lessening it's naval blockade and allowing more and more traffic to pass through into South Korean ports. The U.S. President and Chinese Chairman begin peace talks. [b]The Doomsday Clock is set at 5 mins till midnight.[/b]

-Today-  A massive explosion rocks the Chinese aircraft carrier [i]ROCS Lin Shau[/i] the ship sinks within the hour. Believing this to be a U.S. attack the remaining blockade forces respond by attacking the U.S. navy task force. Many ships are lost. Facing defeat the Chinese admiral authorizes the use of nuclear tipped torpedoes, a limited tactical nuclear exchange ensues. Launch preparations for strategic assets in both the U.S. and China are completed. A piece of Chinese radar equipment malfunctions, under the belief that the U.S. has launched a preemptive strike the Chinese government launches it's nuclear assets. The United States retaliates. The air raid sirens begin to go off in all major and minor U.S. cities. [b]The Doomsday Clock Strikes Midnight[/b]

[size=24pt]OOC [/size]

Alright, this is my idea for what I think will be a very interesting role play. I've noticed that most stories about nuclear holocaust take place right before the bombs start falling or years after they have already hit. SO I'm aiming this story at right when they hit and right afterward.

The game will begin just as the news of the naval battle reaches the U.S. Nuclear war would be less than an hour away from breaking out, the game will be broken up into three major chapters (at least for now. there maybe more chapters as time goes on) the first chapter of the game would include the players getting to a shelter in order to survive. I see this as taking no more than 2 or 3 posts per player. It's not meant to be the meat of the rp. More of the appetizer ;D  The second chapter will take place in their shelters and will include them waiting out the fallout inside said shelter, attempting to cope with the horror of what has happened, and attempting to survive/get along,  the third chapter(and possibly the final/permanent setting) would involve them trying to survive in what is left of the world after the radiation processors have made it safe to go outside. As well as them encountering what ever dangers may be lurking about.

[b]Character Sheet[/b]

[b]Player:
Image:
Name:
Sexuality:(What your character would/would not enjoy. NOT to be confused with player's limits)
Bio:
Personality:
Items(please be realistic. I.E. no "I always carry a bazooka with me when I go to work" sort of things. Though a handgun or something is acceptable):

I'm looking for somewhere between 3 and 5 other players to take part in the game. Hope to see some interest ;D
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

TheHangedOne

Character Sheet

Player: HangedMan
Image: Coming soon.
Name: Mordred Ravencroft
Race/Ethnicity(Optional): Caucasian
Sexuality: heterosexual
Virginity: No
Bio: Born in America, though he's a pure bred Englishman. Mordred's father clearly had a love of King Arthur, much to his chagrin. A bit of an oddball, Mordred has always been something of a loner, and eccentric as hell. His past really has nothing of particular excitement to it. He went to highschool, graduated, went to college, graduated, and he has become a writer of fiction. He is only moderately successful, and generally speaking, would only be known to a small subset of people.
Personality: Eccentric, quirky, kind, wary.
Items: Clothing, pocket knife, Swiss army knife, Ruger .22 revolver, lighter, cigarettes.

Daily Schedule:
Morning: Suburbs
Midday: Downtown
Afternoon: Suburbs
Evening: Downtown
Late Night: Suburbs
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Urbanzorro

Sounds good, glad to have you aboard. Invite your friends! ;)

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Belladonna1

Wow! A great idea and very well thought out- I'd definately be interested but am not in town at the moment- I'll check back in a few days when I'm home and see how things are progressing!
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.   On's & Off's are up!

Question Mark

Interested.

It's been a little while though, so before I type out a character, I just want to make sure Urban's still committed.

Hmm, are you?

Urbanzorro

Wow! I'd written this off as dead in the water but it seems that was pre-mature! I'm very glad to see it's ALIVE!!!  (Yes I'm very committed)

Also Erotic Winged as far as your character's picture goes I thought it was ok for it to be NWS as long as there was a warning and it was the link and not the actual picture posted up...hmm

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Urbanzorro

Yes it will be. I'll be posting up the OOC/Character threads in a bit.

Also if anyone has any hard limits please say so now ;D

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Miles Trent

Using a real person's picture is like stealing their soul.... Consult your local roleplay doctor before proceeding. :D
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

Sashira

I love this idea. I'm thinking of a character, will post her soon.

TheHangedOne

On second thought, I think I'm going to have to pull out of this rp. I hate to do it, but life is getting increasingly hectic, and I can only barely spare the time for my ongoing games as is.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Urbanzorro

Sorry to hear that hanged but that's understandable.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Urbanzorro

Alright, so far we have on character on the Character thread. Can't wait to see the others and get the started!

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Sashira

Here's my character. If everything looks all right, I'll put her in the Character Thread.

Player: Sashira

Image:

Name: Parker Mayes

Race/Ethnicity(Optional): White (natural blond)

Sexuality: Bisexual, kinky, has very few sexual limits
(See my O/O's for hard limits.)

Virginity(yes or no): No

Bio:
Parker had a crappy childhood, going from one abusive foster home to the next until she "aged out" of the system (turned 18.) She loved photography growing up, starting with disposable cameras and finally saving up enough for her own black-and-white Nikon. She went to work as a professional photographer as soon as she moved out on her own.

She has built up a decent following, and is best known for artistic photos of nude or mostly nude female models. She also does fashion and glamour photography, high-end portrait photography, and makes some money selling freelance photos to newspapers. She has been collecting survival stuff since she was a teenager, and her knife collection in particular is quite impressive.

Personality: Parker has two sides: a fun-loving free spirit, and a hard-ass survivalist. She projects a carefree attitude that helps her fit in with her artist friends, who love to party. But at the core she is a cynical survivor of childhood abuse who always prepares for the worst case scenario.

Her avid hobby is survival, which is why she always carries a Swiss Army knife in her camera bag; being a bit paranoid, she invested in one long enough to also be used as a weapon. (She really loves knives and has a larger collection at home.) She sees the "end of the world" as a fantastic opportunity to test her survival skills, and though it sounds too crazy to admit, is happy that it happened.

Items: (If she is at her apartment, she has a lot more stuff lying around; this is what she always carries.) A padded camera bag with her top-of-the-line Nikon digital camera, extra batteries, and lenses (including a lovely long-range telephoto.) There are a lot of compartments, so she uses it as others might use a purse.

In one pocket she has a plastic lighter, a small glass pipe, a bag of high-grade hydroponic marijuana, and a pack of rolling papers. In another, a few cosmetics, some tampons, some money, her ID, and a credit card. In the outside pocket (easiest to reach) are her cell phone and her 7" Swiss Army/combat knife.

The clothes on her back: sexy lingerie, a fashionable dress or shirt + skirt (nothing too short), her tailored leather jacket, a pair of heels that she can effectively run in. (She likes having the added height, for professional reasons.)

Daily Schedule:
Morning - Downtown (In her studio apartment, sleeping in.)
Midday - Commercial District (Shooting models at her studio.)
Afternoon - Commercial District (Talking to people, trolling for news.)
Evening - Downtown (Partying with her artsy friends at some club.)
Late Night - Downtown (Heads from whatever club she's at to her apartment, where she usually stays up late editing photos.)

LucianLuna

Player:LucianLuna
Image:

Name:Lucian Luna
Race/Ethnicity:cacasian
Sexuality:gay
Virginity:y
Bio: Lucian was adopted by the Luna family when his parents died. His adopted parents were always away on business so he was raised by his older brother. He just discovered he was gay a year ago and is still coming to tearms with it. He can be a bit of a prankster and loves to make others laugh. HE likes to read, draw, and cook. He also likes extreme sports.
Personality:Seems to be shy but can be outgoing if someone approaches him first
Items: backpack with books and items for drawing. Reading and drawing are two of his hobbies. He also has a supply of candy bars in his backpack since he loves chocolate.
Daily Schedule:
Morning- suburbs
Midday- inner city
Afternoon- inner city
Evening- suburbs
late night- suburbs

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

ChaoticSky

Player: Darkling
Image: (all images will be added on acceptance)
Name: Kelly
Sexuality: Bisexual, anything for the right price.
Virginity(yes or no): *laughs* sure, right... whatever you want honey~
Bio: Kelly is a college drop out, when her finances dried up, she was forced to turn, in desperation, to turned to erotic dancing, in order to pay her school bills.. and hopefully one day return to complete her education. Taking advantage of pole dancing lessons she had once agreed to as a present for a ex boyfriend, she was able to make great money, more infact, that she would have had she completed college and got into her intended career. So even though the debts were paid off, she decided not to return to school, following the temptations of exhibitionism and easy money... she embraced the sex industry wholeheartedly, and it wasnt long before she began offering favours for even larger tips.

Eventually, the sex became and end in its self, and she retired from dancing to take up actual prostitution, which proved less reliable a income... at times surpassing her old dancing income, and at times falling far short, but by this point, with her debts paid off, she really didnt need alot of money, and enjoyed the.... sensation of selling herself. A existence she has come to enjoy... and would have continued to do so until the world fell apart around her.

Personality: Easy, somewhat cheerful, but mixed in with that particular brand of world-weary cynicism common to all whores, and extremely Mercenary, shes a nice enough person, but her ultimate loyalty goes to the highest bidder... and that does not just mean money, but in the coming world, one who can offer her the highest odds of survival in their shadow.
Items: Knives (In her boots), a pair of metal handcuffs, (normally both on her left wrist, the key is around her neck. They are actually 'trick handcuffs' she can release herself without a key, but the mechanism is hidden) and her jacket which contains birth control, morning-after pills, condoms, and a vibrator.
Daily Schedule: Morning: Downtown (asleep), Midday: Downtown (asleep), Afternoon: Commerical District, Evening: Downtown, Late Night: Inner City

(the bare bones... ill probably expand it somewhat and add images if i get accepted, but busy just now >_<)

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Sashira

Zorro, will you be playing "David Mitchum"? Only asking because if it's an option, that's the first place I'm headed!

Urbanzorro

Yes i'll be playing him along with other npcs in the other shelters

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Urbanzorro

Alright, we have 4 characters on the character thread and another one on here who is approved and simply not up there yet. So I shall be starting the game today!

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Urbanzorro

Here is the I.C. thread. Which is open to all players who have had their characters approved and have said character in the character thread.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=86274.0

And here is the OOC thread

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=86275.0

Check the OOC thread to find out which shelter your character can make it to ;D

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Lyria

Interesting idea. Still open for additional characters? If so, I can get one up tomorrow for approval.
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash.           ons/offs

Urbanzorro

Yes we are still open though you'll have to hurry ;)

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Lyria

Player:  Lyria   

Image:

Name:  Laney Barrow   

Race/Ethnicity(Optional): Caucasion

Appearance: Laney has the appearance of being the all American girl. She has long golden hair, stunning blue eyes, a dusting of freckles across the bridge of her nose, full pale pink lips, long neck, and delicate features, everything one would expect from the pretty girl next door. She just about always has a sweet smile always on her face.

Her build is that of a classically trained dancer, long and lean with a small waist. She is very well toned and graceful and strong. She stands at  5’7”, 120 lbs.

Sexuality: She is unsure, but is attracted to both sexes.

Virginity(yes or no): Yes

Personality:  Laney is a sweet, but shy, girl. She always has a friendly smile and word for anyone who approaches. She doesn’t go out of her way to make friends, but is graceful and charming when addressed. If she were more outgoing she could probably have been one of the most popular girls in school. She tries very hard to not make mistakes and to be as perfect as possible. Laney wants to make her parents proud, but everything she does is met with the attitude that her accomplishment is something that she should have done anyway, and nothing special.

Laney doesn’t have many friends, and hasn’t dated. She gets along with everyone fine, and has been asked out many times, but up until recently she devoted all of her time to school and ballet, leaving no time for a social life. Because of this, she had gotten the rep of being a bit of a snob. She is always nice, but many say she is fronting.

The thing is, Laney is fronting, but she isn’t hiding what people think she is. She is hiding depression and low self esteem and the fear she’ll never be good enough to make her parents happy. The one joy she had in life has been taken from her, and she is struggling to find inspiration. But she hides it all.

Bio:

Laney’s life is not too abnormal. There are no deep skeletons in the closet, and too all outsiders it appears to be an ideal home. Her family is heavily middle class, with the three bedroom house and two cars. Both of her parents work, her father in construction, and her mother as a secretary. There have been no traumas, other than a trip to lake that ended badly with her almost drowning, leaving her with a fear of large bodies of water.

Both of Laney’s parents grew up poor, and both immigrated with their parents from other countries. As such, have made Laney work hard for anything she has gotten. She teaches dance to children for spending money, but only if it does not interfere with the plans her parents have for her future. Ever since she was a small girl they have made it very clear that she would be going to an ivy league school and she was going to be an engineer. They really want the best for their daughter and love her very much, they just believe they know best, and her wishes do not matter at this point in her life.  They have taught her German and Dutch, and have required her to learn Spanish.

Laney has worked very hard to meet her parents high expectation of straight A’s in upper tier classes. She is a smart girl, but not a genius. The good grades take a lot of work and effort, and they do not come easy. She receives no praise for her efforts, as they are an expectation, not an accomplishment.

As hard as she has worked on her grades, she had worked harder on something else. Her dancing. In the efforts to raise a well-rounded child, her parents enrolled her in many activities when she was small. From her very first ballet class at the age of 5, Laney knew what she was born to do. Even at that young age she felt she was put on the earth to dance.

At first her parents were quite pleased at the dedication their young child could show a hobby, but it soon became apparent it was more than a hobby, or even a passion. It was an obsession. They tried pulling her from it, but she showed her only force of will, and refused to eat for two weeks, and would have gone longer if need be. They took her to a doctor, but it didn’t solve the problem. Eventually they agreed she could dance if, and only if, her grades did not suffer, and that she understood she would be going to college to be an engineer. Period. She agreed to their terms, and both she and her parents have held up their end of the agreement.

But over the past year, something happened. Laney started to feel pain in her right ankle. Extreme pain. She did the best she could to grin and bear it and not show her teacher or her parents, but soon she was unable to walk more than a few feet. A trip to a specialist revealed she had injured herself severely, and the added stress had damaged the joint. She could no longer dance.

Laney’s world fell apart. Her parents were relieved to see the distraction of dancing go away, and expected things to be smooth sailing in the course of their daughter’s life from there on out. Laney received shallow sympathy, but was told to deal with it and keep up her serious endeavors.

Not being able to dance has torn Laney apart. Unconsciously she has resorted back to the tactic of not eating when not being allowed to dance, and has started dropping weight. It is possible she could be becoming anorexic, though she denies it. She feels that she isn’t not eating because she doesn’t want to, but because she has no desire to. She eats some…but far less than she should. Some part inside of her is afraid of gaining weight and not having the ideal dancer’s body she is supposed to have.

Now she is left floundering. She works on her classes, and does what minor dancing she can in the privacy of her room and while teaching, but it hopelessly depressed. She does not share this with anyone, and put a good face forward, as it is just simpler that way. She has vowed to recover and dance again, but knows time is limited. If she hasn’t apprenticed with a company by age 20, it will be too late.

Items): Purse with the usual make-up/toiletry items a woman carries, key, gum, wallet, money, note-pad and pen, blackberry, and her Ipod Touch.  A book-bag with textbooks, pens/pencils, paper, scientific calculator, bottle of water, and a trashy romance novel. Her dance bag with dance gear to wear while teaching.

Daily Schedule:
Morning:  Downtown
Midday:  Downtown
Afternoon:  Downtown
Evening:  Suburbs
Late Night:  Suburbs
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash.           ons/offs