Baymont University [Recruitment | LGBTQ+ Friendly | Always Accepting]

Started by Lyron, June 02, 2018, 03:14:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

November Bleeds

*rolls in*

My character Jude Stone's profile is up, he's been approved! I welcome any sort of character connections with him or even a back and forth toss of ideas for desired plots. He's a pretty open minded, selfless, big heart type.

So many profiles to read - going to dive deep @.@ All these characters look awesome!
Welcome to; Beautiful People University ;D!

-

@Shobogun Lover: Just wanted to say; Rasmus Ledin is always a favorite <3 !

Shobogun Lover

Quote from: November Bleeds on June 03, 2018, 11:46:03 AM
*rolls in*

My character Jude Stone's profile is up, he's been approved! I welcome any sort of character connections with him or even a back and forth toss of ideas for desired plots. He's a pretty open minded, selfless, big heart type.

So many profiles to read - going to dive deep @.@ All these characters look awesome!
Welcome to; Beautiful People University ;D!

-

@Shobogun Lover: Just wanted to say; Rasmus Ledin is always a favorite <3 !
OMG, you know him? <3 I legit randomly found him on DeviantArt and didn't know he had an instagram until super recently. It was such a nice surprise. I liked him a lot because he has a lot of in between shots that look very feminine and it helped me make a pseudo 'timeline' on a transition. His old charahub before I modified it for the college RP. Check under 'images.'

I would love to plot with Jude by the way!! :D He's adorable!

Amaris

November Bleeds

Quote from: Shobogun Lover on June 03, 2018, 12:06:39 PM
OMG, you know him? <3 I legit randomly found him on DeviantArt and didn't know he had an instagram until super recently. It was such a nice surprise. I liked him a lot because he has a lot of in between shots that look very feminine and it helped me make a pseudo 'timeline' on a transition. His old charahub before I modified it for the college RP. Check under 'images.'

I would love to plot with Jude by the way!! :D He's adorable!

Yasss! Found him a couple years back on DA as well - and was genuinely surprised at how talented he is with his own photography and modelling. I can definitely see how he would work for your character :D! His scene (or emo?) phase was golden.

Ahhhh okay! I'd be super open to plotting!

Quote from: Amaris on June 03, 2018, 12:09:21 PM
I sent a PM about Jude too! I have all the hype

You're too kind :D  Me too! I'll message you back ASAP!

Nico

TGG

I am very interested in joining this Roleplay, though I do have a few quick questions regarding the Faculty roles.

1) Are there any teacher-subjects that haven't been taken yet?
2) Are young teachers allowed?
3) Would Art History/Application be a Major, or Minor?
https://www.f-list.net/c/tgg - Super old and I made it when I was an active Second Life user. Still holds up slightly, depending on whether I play a male or female character.

Lyron

Quote from: TGG on June 03, 2018, 04:04:53 PM
I am very interested in joining this Roleplay, though I do have a few quick questions regarding the Faculty roles.

1) Are there any teacher-subjects that haven't been taken yet?
2) Are young teachers allowed?
3) Would Art History/Application be a Major, or Minor?

Hi (and welcome to E)!

Yes, Art History is in fact applicable as a major! And art itself. If you did want to see which fields have been taken, you can look in the character thread. The spoiler'd list is up to date with the latest information on the professors.

As far as a professor's age, UCLA suggests it takes seven years of graduate school to earn a PhD in art history, and on top of that, the school would probably want someone with a few years of teaching experience, so the youngest would probably be early thirties? I think that would sound about right to be believable. :-)

M/M Players for Groups: A Registry

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.
Anyone, any genre, any time.

TGG

Quote from: Haru329 on June 03, 2018, 04:52:46 PM

Right on. I look forward to sending in a character for the RP. I was thinking of having a teacher with Art History and Music as their subjects. So, from the sheer possibility of them somehow juggling both degrees, I'd say they would be around late thirties then. Sound about right?

Also, do I post the character here to be approved, or in the Character thread to be approved there?
https://www.f-list.net/c/tgg - Super old and I made it when I was an active Second Life user. Still holds up slightly, depending on whether I play a male or female character.

Amaris

You PM it to Haru and then Haru will let you know when you can post it up :)

Lyron

Quote from: TGG on June 03, 2018, 05:21:03 PM
Right on. I look forward to sending in a character for the RP. I was thinking of having a teacher with Art History and Music as their subjects. So, from the sheer possibility of them somehow juggling both degrees, I'd say they would be around late thirties then. Sound about right?

Also, do I post the character here to be approved, or in the Character thread to be approved there?

I'm not too familiar with the rigors of earning a PhD outside of what I'm glancing at, but based on what little I read, I imagine earning just the one would fill up most of someone's time. Of course, someone could go for a second PhD after the first, but even then, I'm not certain how believable it would be for someone to teach classes in two distinct departments, especially at the beginning of their tenure. ^^ Honestly, you might be better to choose one or the other. If you're maybe concerned about having a role that will get students in your character's classes, maybe a few of the players could chime in if they're still figuring out their schedules, or anyone else who might be considering a student for the game. Otherwise, go with the one you most prefer! There are multiple ways to get connections, and your character just might inspire concepts for students in the chosen field. :-)

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.

Amaris

Dhampyress

Quick question. Not sure if it's been asked yet, so I apologize if I over looked something.

In regards to pushing character stories, would players be allowed to generate small NPC's, where desired? An example might be that my character might have a roommate that's not a player character. Would it be fair to include them in the write up of a post to help create a scene and eventually move this character to an actual player character scene? Is this something we have free reign to play around with or is there a preference of keeping interactions purely to PC's?

Color me curious. :-X

Amaris

I think I can answer at least part of that. I know that you can have an NPC roommate. I also know that most groups and by what I know of Haru that you should be able to create NPCs to help things along as long as it's not strictly the only interaction that you have.

NPC roommate is a known... The NPC interactions I'm pretty sure of but may want to wait on Haru for the final answer there.

Lyron

Quote from: Blissy on June 04, 2018, 12:20:01 AM
Quick question. Not sure if it's been asked yet, so I apologize if I over looked something.

In regards to pushing character stories, would players be allowed to generate small NPC's, where desired? An example might be that my character might have a roommate that's not a player character. Would it be fair to include them in the write up of a post to help create a scene and eventually move this character to an actual player character scene? Is this something we have free reign to play around with or is there a preference of keeping interactions purely to PC's?

Color me curious. :-X

What Amaris said. :-) There'll be an NPC thread where those critters can be posted. Just need to get home first.

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.

Nico

Yes! NPC's are awesome and necessary. ~nodnod~ A setting would be quite dull if there wouldn't be some NPCs running around.

Nico

OMG I can only recommend this group. So full of awesome. ;D

Come join us, we have cookies.

.. and some other stuffs.

Ambrosine LeFebvre

Greetings!

I'm highly interested! This would be my first group roleplay (as well as the first I've done in over a year) and I'm unsure how to get started. Is there anything I need to do before joining? An application? Do I have to sell my soul to the devil because I haven't got one left after my last deal  XD Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Health and Fortune,
Mlle Ambrosine LeFebvre
My O/O's

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,

Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before

Sirian Eve

Yes, you can give your soul to Haru (the GM)

There's a character sheet to fill out on the first page. Complete that and send it to Haru. :)

Welcome! and Greetings!

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

Nico

Hello there!

Yes, you will have to sell your soul to the devil. ~sage nod~

Welcome! XD

Lyron

Hey now! There's no devils here!

O:)

^ See? Totally legit. :D

Quote from: Ambrosine LeFebvre on June 15, 2018, 01:19:30 PM
Greetings!

I'm highly interested! This would be my first group roleplay (as well as the first I've done in over a year) and I'm unsure how to get started. Is there anything I need to do before joining? An application? Do I have to sell my soul to the devil because I haven't got one left after my last deal  XD Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Health and Fortune,
Mlle Ambrosine LeFebvre

Sheet received! Glad to have you on board. :D Here's hoping your first group experience will leave a good impression!

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.

Nico

Lyron

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.

Cryptic

What Makes A Cryp-Tic (O/Os)
"All men were made by the Great Spirit Chief. They are all brothers." ~Chief Joseph
Cryptic's Little Shop Of Mysteries (Requests)NOT CURRENTLY LOOKING
"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear." ~Martin Luther King Jr.
A/A's
“If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” ~Mother Teresa

Kye

Nico

Quote from: Cryptic on June 23, 2018, 10:08:35 PM
<.<

*Slides over a Character Sheet*

>.>

*Runs off*

~is dying of laughter~

What a pleasant surprise to wake up to! XD