Wheel of Time d20 system game [Recruitment open, 3/5-7 spots filled]

Started by Zaer Darkwail, August 31, 2011, 04:38:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheVongola10th

Alright. I must admit all this is a bit overwhelming, I see backgrounds and classes (standard and pretige), Am I to select a background and a class? I Only see one application that relates to the two PDFs on WoT RPG, so I must say I'm a bit confused on what I should come up with, for one I don't see "armsman" on here so I'm assuming it's not a class?

As of now I'm looking at a Dai'dore with latent wolfbrother, but I'm not sure where to go from there.

Zaer Darkwail

As note you do not need latent feats to qualify for the actual feats which give the abilities related to old powers :).

Anyways check the second lowest link; it has the 3.5 DnD edition updated classes and it includes the armsman, channelers and so forth.

Anyways you need select where from are you and then select one background feat for your char and then normal 1st level bonus feat which all races are entitled to.

TheVongola10th

Ah, where do I go from the page that the link takes you too?
Scratch that i think i found it, the zip file that contains the 3.5 content?

Zaer Darkwail

Aye, the zip files to each class and PrC should download and tell info about the class in the second lowest link. It lists the classes in the right side of the screen.

TheVongola10th

ok so
Nehal al'Payn //subject to change not quite sure I like this name//
Woodsman
From the Emond's Field
Wolfbrother talent
Ta'veren
-Betrayal
-Love
-Pain
what do I need for a character sheet besides these things? Like the stat's I'm not sure what you want me to do, it looks like roll 5d6 and keep highest 3? but what do I do with that number

Zaer Darkwail

In first page is told method how create the char statically. It is 32 point buy or you click link in grid method and then adjust the 4d6 to 5d6 (take 3 highest).

In grid method you then choose which stats go what but grid method has it's own unique perks. Click continue and adjust if something is wrong or something. Then once created the stats link them to me in here.

TheVongola10th

TheVongola10th

it was int 18 dex 14, or dex 18 int 11... i didnt really like the sound of int 11

Zaer Darkwail

Hehe, well Int 11 would had worked. Dex 18 would had been good for few reasons but Int 18 also works :). At least got lots of skill points.

Aybara

Hey Vongolla I'll be playing the Two Rivers Armsman Daniel al'Forel and welcome to the game. I'm glad to see more interest. The rules can be a little daunting I know especially if you are not familiar with them but Zaer, Muse and myself are all reasonably well versed with them I think so feel free to ask us if you have any other questions. I'm somewhat tempted to roll but I worked out some pretty good ones with points but and keep thinking hmm will I live to regret rolling.

TheVongola10th

Well i think i went well with rolling, and personally I feel like semi-randomized stats are cool(only partly saying this since i got some high rolls ;P) although im not entirely sure what was rolled for what to get my stats on the grid lol.

Aybara

Hey if it works it works. I quite like rolling up too normally, how are you doing getting your head around the stats so far?

TheVongola10th

I know nothing. I assume my stats are somewhat adequate but I'm not sure if i chose the right ratios or not :S

Aybara

Your stats look solid though he's got a very high intelligence, which can be good too, remember the average person is about ten.
One of the next bits is picking your background which has a few choices in it. Since we have to be from the Two Rivers you're automatically a midlander. You get to choose a feat from the following list: bullheaded (bonuses for being stuborn), militia (you've been trained how to use a crossbow and a pike or halberd), strong soul (gives bonuses to resist certain kinds of attack) and lastly luck of heroes (slightly better at resisting various effects).

TheVongola10th

Didn't see any of these in the pdf, but as Two-riversmen are known for their stubbornness I'll go with bull headed ;P

TheVongola10th

oh, what about profession's does that have any impact? say a blacksmith's apprentice? ;P

Mysterium

I am working on my character sheet. Would you like me to do a write up on her background while the C-sheet is still in the works?
Raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways!

Kate

I would adore to use a character i made ... this one.

Loved the series.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=117598.msg5137668#msg5137668

Two things .. you may get more girls applying if it is a freeform game (and plot can move faster)

Also if Zaer you are only interested in gm'ing this if it is hands down a system game, must it start at level 1 ?

Aybara

Welcome to the Kate, glad to see another person interested and that means that we have another Aes Sedai to travel with our yellow. Even if not free form we could always go rules light with it or just use them as a measuring so to speak.

To represent the Aes Sedai training I wouldn't be opposed to the two Aes Sedai characters starting at a higher level than the Emonds Field characters. You could always be slightly more generous with the xp to us until we catch up. Aes Sedai are meant to be quite skilled so this is only fair and of course unless either of them is secretly a member of the Black Ajah they're stuck with the three Oaths, which although they aren't the end of the world means they will have to creatively think through being able to perform certain action or just not be able to. Some of the other players might feel differently about the idea of Aes Sedai being higher level and I can't speak for them but I'm just putting the notion out their. In the book Lan and Morraine were far more competent than any of the Emonds Fielders.

Kate

or we all start at a higher level ... or freeform (pls free form !:) lol

TheVongola10th

I Just figured out the gird system yesterday though x_x lolz

Mysterium

You're doing better than I am! lol Someone...had to help me.  :-[
Raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways!

TheVongola10th