Under Siege (Captured City Fantasy Freeform, LGBTQ and Hetero Friendly)

Started by Deamonbane, January 11, 2015, 10:15:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deamonbane

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on January 13, 2015, 12:02:57 PM
I don't normally have trouble finding images myself, though I normally reach a standstill when it comes to using actors/models. There's just something about it that slightly discomforts me about using images myself, I don't mind others using them, but there's just something slightly discomforting to me at least by using them. Seeing that there is becoming a slightly uneven mix now of actors/models and CG-art etc, I'll might just go with something I have stored up somewhere, but I dunno. Thank you for your offer, but I'll just have to answer thanks but no thanks, a lot of making a character to me comes from the source image, it wouldn't do me much good if someone else found it for me.
Just to be clear, a RL face claim is not required; You can rely on your character description and a fantasy image if you like. The face claim system was just instituted to avoid people using the same face for different characters and such.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Lynnette

Quote from: Deamonbane on January 13, 2015, 12:10:35 PM
Just to be clear, a RL face claim is not required; You can rely on your character description and a fantasy image if you like. The face claim system was just instituted to avoid people using the same face for different characters and such.

Oh I know, that's not it. I just hate finding something really jarring, something crossing the theme of the rest of the images completely.

Might use this though, for the blademaster character, should I decide to make one.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

After a little bit of photoshopping and some cropping that is. Granted, I kind of want to make a more playful character, every idea I get at the moment is super-serious-and-gritty stuff, which by all means is fine, but I dunno, maybe it'll grow on me.
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Viper

If you're wanting a more playful character, might I suggest a fae character? We currently have none and I always find the fae rather spritely and fun. But its just as a suggestion.

Lynnette

Quote from: Viper on January 13, 2015, 12:25:00 PM
If you're wanting a more playful character, might I suggest a fae character? We currently have none and I always find the fae rather spritely and fun. But its just as a suggestion.

It's mostly just finding an image that gives a playful and fun vibe, not necessarily finding a corresponding race.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Viper

Elf

Now that Feldor as been approved. I am considering a second character and am thinking about making a Fae.

Viper

Sounds good! I would love to see another one of your creations!

Nowherewoman

My eyes are a window to the storm that's getting close.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Elf

Quote from: Viper on January 13, 2015, 01:41:36 PM
Sounds good! I would love to see another one of your creations!

It will take me some time to put together, unlike Feldor I don't have one already pregenerated. Thank you.

Quote from: Nowherewoman on January 13, 2015, 01:41:57 PM
LOL in between replays of DAI, Elf?

I'm sorry, my brain must not be functioning fully today. I do not understand that. What is DAI?

Max

My guess, Dragon Age Inquistion. 

Had an idea for a character, a half elf girl that worked at a local tavern, that her father owned.  She was taken into slavery when the city fell.  Maybe passing along information the the Queen's side, if she could figure out just how to do that.

Pity BeckyAnn got her idea out first.
"Are you into whips and chains too?"
"No, chainsaws."  (just kidding)

Ons and offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4738.new#new

Elf

Quote from: Max on January 13, 2015, 02:10:55 PM
My guess, Dragon Age Inquistion. 

Had an idea for a character, a half elf girl that worked at a local tavern, that her father owned.  She was taken into slavery when the city fell.  Maybe passing along information the the Queen's side, if she could figure out just how to do that.

Pity BeckyAnn got her idea out first.
Ah, That would be why I didn't understand. Never played anything Dragon Age. Thank you.

I don't see why we cannot have two commoners functioning as spies for the resistance. One in the palace one closer to the common soldiers.

Viper

You are more then welcome to put in an application and we would love to have you! I think a tavern lady would be wonderful, and maybe a few more? There is probably a few brothel's in the city, or some places turned into brothels after the city fell as there is no more law currently.

I agree with elf, its a big city, and there are many that are loyal to the lovely and beautiful and magnanimous and- *fans self*

But yeah you can go through with you idea Max. XD

Lynnette

Quote from: Viper on January 13, 2015, 02:32:51 PM
You are more then welcome to put in an application and we would love to have you! I think a tavern lady would be wonderful, and maybe a few more? There is probably a few brothel's in the city, or some places turned into brothels after the city fell as there is no more law currently.

I agree with elf, its a big city, and there are many that are loyal to the lovely and beautiful and magnanimous and- *fans self*

But yeah you can go through with you idea Max. XD

Hmm... I wouldn't mind making a prostitute actually, I have an image stored up somewhere I've been dying to use for an eternity that would fit well for such... It would likely just be a secondary character present mostly just for having fun with, so it would make it easier to make the other character a bit more grim as well.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Max

Elf, thought you had played it.  But, there was someone that did, I guess me and Nowherewoman mistook you for them.  Sorry for that on my part.

Another problem I have is setting up an image to where I can post it here.  Can do a hyperlink to one, but not know how to post it on E.
"Are you into whips and chains too?"
"No, chainsaws."  (just kidding)

Ons and offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4738.new#new

Lynnette

Quote from: Max on January 13, 2015, 02:37:33 PM
Elf, thought you had played it.  But, there was someone that did, I guess me and Nowherewoman mistook you for them.  Sorry for that on my part.

Another problem I have is setting up an image to where I can post it here.  Can do a hyperlink to one, but not know how to post it on E.

Normally, I just upload the image I desire to use to imgur first to have stable hosting, then I just use the coding on E to get it here using the image URL. There's no need to upload it to E.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Nowherewoman

Quote from: Max on January 13, 2015, 02:37:33 PM

*laugh* yeah, it was Dame Noir who had been talking about it- NO farking clue how I confused you with her, Elf, sorry.

Basic format, Max is  img link /img,  with square brackets around the img and /img to post it directly. There's also a clicky on the editor bar, 2nd row, far left.

More detail ehre:  http://www.bbcode.org/examples/?id=10

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

Elf

Quote from: Nowherewoman on January 13, 2015, 02:40:59 PM

*laugh* yeah, it was Dame Noir who had been talking about it- NO farking clue how I confused you with her, Elf, sorry.

Basic format, Max is  img link /img,  with square brackets around the img and /img to post it directly. There's also a clicky on the editor bar, 2nd row, far left.

More detail ehre:  http://www.bbcode.org/examples/?id=10

No worries, I understand how OOC comments can get jumbled in ones mind sometimes.

I use photobucket myself.

[img]link to your image here[/img]

This is how it would look when typing it.

Nowherewoman

*giggle* And that's how you do THAT...which I, in turn, had forgotten.

Madame Professor

Quote from: Deamonbane on January 13, 2015, 09:39:02 AM
*tacklehugs the Mad Prof*

Oof! -is tackled- Heya, sweetie! -snuggles-

Quote from: Viper on January 13, 2015, 10:32:14 AM
Hey Madame!! e would love to have you!!!* throws glitter*

Well, I'm changing my possibly interested to a definitely interested, now that I have had a chance to really read things over.

My problem will be settling on a character idea... though I'm leaning towards a barbarian. But the Fae are oh so tempting!
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Lynnette

It's 10:30pm, I have to go to work tomorrow, but ugh... Inspiration... What do I do?!

Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Lynnette

Okay, this is coming along nicely, but I'll have to cut off my writing till tomorrow because I need to sleep before work... I'll leave what I have for my sheet here, if someone would, is there anything positive/negative to be seen, then please point it out, better before than after. A lot of the details are to be explained in the remaining sections though...

WIP

ReaperDouble0

Character Name: Acele Synestra
Alliance: Rebellion
Title: Blademaster
Face Claim: N/A
Other Images: TBA or N/A

::General::

--Appearance--
Race: Human, 1/4th elf-blood
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 112 lbs
Hair Color: Platina blonde
Eye Color: Green
Sexual Preference: Bisexual with a preference for women
Distinguishing Marks: Three thin lines under each eye, tattooed.
Items:
Zetsian battle-maiden robes - Loose robes in black, red, and gold. The battle-maiden robes are lighter, more mobile and tougher than the normal chapel robes. The attire consists of a red silk tunica, which is covered over by leather robes with a golden trim. The leather robe commonly ends in a split skirt to allow the wearer maximal movement capability while still giving some protection against weather. Going with it are a pair of leather gloves, and a pair of tall boots reaching just past the knee, both with a similar golden trim. Other than that, the wearer is free to make adjustments to the attire should they see fit, Acele having added a wide waist-belt to keep the attire closer to the body and avoid having parts of it swinging around too much while moving, and to protect the stomach area.
Zetsian Cross - the normal symbol of the Zetsian church. Much like the common cross, though the horizontal line is more centered. It's only seen in necklaces, rings and such however, with other clothing having a normal cross with two squares by the bottom. Are rumored to give advantages when fighting against certain races, but has never been confirmed. (More information under Magic)
Calina - Calina is the given name of the three-foot longsword Acele most commonly carries with her. The blade itself is relatively simplistic, having no curves or hooks whatsoever, just a large quantity of scratches and notches from the numerous battles it has seen. The blade has a circular armprotector and the hilt is designed for a 1 1/2 hand sword, though it is hardly ever used with both hands. The pommel has been designed for the user to place their palm on for stabbing attacks.  (More information under Magic)

::Character::

Personality: (At least two paragraphs)
Biggest Fear: (Please try and think of one that will fit your character)
Talents/Flaws: Acele is considered an extremely talented swordsman, primarily within one-on-one fights. Besides this, she is considered a talented  speaker and diplomat, and has been sufficiently educated in tactics and planning.
On the worse side of things however, following with her believes comes a strong dislike towards the less human races (Orcs, trolls etc.. See history). Other than that, she is not very proficient with the bow, and while having the capability of utilizing it in her blood, she does not know how to use magic, all enchanted apparel is enchanted by others.
Mage: Has the capability of utilizing magic, but has never learned how
Used spells:
Zetsian cross - A cross that when in contact with the skin of the user grants them a continuous flow of extra stamina and better intuition when fighting against goblins, orcs, and other less humanoid creatures. However, it also keeps the user's strength at a far lower level when fighting against humans, elves, dwarves, halflings, fae and other more humanoid races. Both effects are neutralized if the cross loses contact with skin, usually within a minute or so. Effects are also first coming into effect after roughly a minute, making it impossible to just pull it aside and put it back whenever deemed necessary. Effect does not have a synergy with Calina, not positively or negatively.
Calina - While the wielder of the blade is no magician, the blade has been enchanted on several occasions by populace from various races. The blade is nearly unbreakable, and grants the user extra strength, stamina and speed with each hit, be it towards another blade, armor, or flesh. The energy evaporates after about a minute without continuous fighting, leaving the user roughly back at the level they were at when they landed the first hit.
History: (At least five paragraphs, longer if the character is exceptionally old)
O/O's: (Link or character list of O/O's)
Et Ceteras: (Details about the character that don't fall under any of the other categories)

Note that anything mentioned in the WIP can be subject to change with or without influx from others.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Deamonbane

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Ojima Usagi

sent both GM's a character sheet, heard Viper chatting about it and got interested.
Like a sad story of small fairies who ride could and fly far away in the sad fairytailes
Love is like a beautiful dream

Nowherewoman