Seeking players for Sword of Truth RP. (Intrest check)

Started by Edynol, January 16, 2011, 12:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edynol

Looking for decent roleplayers for a long term RP based on the Sword of Truth series. I prefer that everyone be able to do 200+ words in most posts, but it's not a requirement. I'm fine with shorter posts here and there, as long as you don't make a habit of it. This will be a fantasy/adventure/romance rp, but won't be completely centered around romance. Please read the entire post before replying.

OC's are preferable, but I am willing to allow lower-end canons.(For example Chace's daughter Rachel who would be all grown up now.) In other words, only those who played minor role in the series.

All characters must fit into the SoT world. That means only humans(And wisps if if you wanna play one of those), and no classes like mages, warlocks, druids, etc. Also, no other children of Richard and Kahlan. But if you wanna be the offspring of other couples in the series, feel free. I am also allowing mord-sith and confessors. In this RP, they have made a new line of confessors and mord-sith are no longer tortured, but trained as an elite guard and have the same abilities as traditional mord-sith. The Main character of this RP, who'll be played by me, will have a mord-sith npc as his partner/mate. But if someone wants to take over that role, I will allow it if you come up with a good bio for her. I know this may seem restrictive, but if you've read the series, you know there are plenty of options to choose from.

Also, no god-moding. As the GM here, I will be the only who's allowed to do that and I won't do it often, if ever. The only time I do that is if a player, for example, dodges and avoids all incomming attacks, or if a major event happens, like some big baddie appearing and attacking us.

As far as romance goes, it is encouraged, but only if you do it tastefully.  And please don't do it too often, like everytime we stop for the night or at every inn we visit. If I get the impression you're only in this for the romance, I'll kill ya off. Also, don't try to force a romance with another player. Make your intrests known, and if they respond in kind, then continue on. But if they don't respond or show disintrest, just leave it at that and move on.

The plot is as follows:
This is Next Generation/alternate reality RP based on the Sword of Truth series.

After their defeat of the Emperial Order, Richard and Kahlan were finally able to settle down and start a family. And as Shota feared, the bore a son who was not only a gifted Confessor, but also had both sides of the gift. They named him Edynol. After repeated attempts by Shota to kill their son, Richard and Kahlan finally decided to take action against the witch woman. Seeing her possible demise in a vision, Shota vanished, abandoning her home in Agaden Reach.

As the years passed, they saw no signs of Shota despite years of searching. They finally decided that she had given up and exiled herself from the Midlands. The world was now at peace, the D'Haran empire stronger than ever as Richard and Kahlan worked ceaselessy to to bring prosperity to the lands and cleanse a long standing stain of blood from the reputation D'Hara and the Rahl bloodline. And with the Help of Zed and Nathan, Richard was able to rediscover the magic for making Confessors, making a few new bloodlines of Confessors to help keep the nations at peace.

Edynol Rahl, the hier to D'hara, is now all grown up, and has taken his father's place in traveling the world, safeguarding the free lands from lingering threats. Wielding the Sword of Truth, after Richard advocated his role as Seeker to give his full attention to Kahlan and D'Hara and Zed choosing him, Edynol now travels the lands of both the New and Old Worlds. But little does he know that Shota, still determined to see him dead for what he is and driven mad from her own visions of her demise and misguided notions she was saving the world from terror, still lingers in the shadows, waiting for her opportunity to strike.

Please post here with your character or PM me if you're interested in joining.

This is my character.

Name: Edynol Rahl
Occupation: Seeker/Wizard/Confessor/Heir to D'Hara(And a whole bunch of other stuff. lol.)
Height: 6'3"
Hair: Dark Brown, falling about half way down his face.
Eyes: Grey
Description: Almost a splitting image of his father, Richard Rahl, but slightly smaller in build and a slightly smaller nose. He has a pleasant personality and a sunny disposition, but is intolerant of fools and those who seek to harm people for no good reason. He enjoys being around people, but often seeks solitude when a problem arises he needs to figure out. He is quick to anger, but almost always keeps a clear head and doesn't act until he deems it neccessary. He prefers people to call him by his name, but has long since accepted the title of 'Prince Rahl', his title under his father's 'Lord Rahl'.

He often wears commoner clothes, but has threads he wears for formal events. He very rarely makes his identity known, keeping his sword sheathed and head down while in other cities or villages. He usually goes by different aliases, except for places where he his known, and despite a noble air, he doesn't look down on anyone and is willing to offer a hand if someone needs help, no matter what the task is.

From the few years he spent amongst the Mud People, and Richard's experience as a woods guide, Edynol is adept in living off the land and tracking. If he has a choice between sleeping in the woods or staying at an inn, he usually chooses the woods, if the weather allows it. He also very mild mannered, most of the time, and rarely orders anyone to do anything unless the situation demands it. He is very much like his father, if not a bit head strong at times, but knows his limits and that he still has alot to learn.

Sasha

Tags to Join ....will put up a Mord-Sith character ....she will be bi-sexual that part is a given . Will put together a character sheet for you to review .

Edynol

Odin

Quote from: Edynol on January 16, 2011, 12:17:19 PM
OC's are preferable, but I am willing to allow lower-end canons... In other words, only those who played minor role in the series.

... The Main character of this RP, who'll be played by me, will have a mord-sith npc as his partner/mate...

Edynol Rahl, the hier to D'hara, is now all grown up, and has taken his father's place in traveling the world, safeguarding the free lands from lingering threats...

... The Main character of this RP, who'll be played by me, will have a mord-sith npc as his partner/mate...

As far as romance goes, it is encouraged, but only if you do it tastefully.  And please don't do it too often, like everytime we stop for the night or at every inn we visit...

So this roleplay would be based around you, with few back stories for the other characters traveling to protect you?

All characters must fit into the SoT world. That means only humans(And wisps if if you wanna play one of those), and no classes like mages, warlocks, druids, etc. Also, no other children of Richard and Kahlan...

Name: Edynol Rahl
Occupation: Seeker/Wizard/Confessor/Heir to D'Hara(And a whole bunch of other stuff...

Also, no god-moding. As the GM here, I will be the only who's allowed to do that and I won't do it often, if ever...

Does this mean that your character will always be better/stronger than his Entourage, despite age, experience, or talents? Is your character the only one that can have such traits?

If I get the impression you're only in this for the romance, I'll kill ya off...

Does that mean that at any point in time you can kill of my character without telling me?
... Also, don't try to force a romance with another player. Make your intrests known, and if they respond in kind, then continue on. But if they don't respond or show disintrest, just leave it at that and move on.

So if two people make a plot of them falling in love, you would have to know about it, or you'd kill off the character(s)?

Just a few questions. Though I do enjoy the idea of a SoT based RP, so I may be interested, depending on how you answer the questions?

Edynol

QuoteSo this roleplay would be based around you, with few back stories for the other characters traveling to protect you?
No.  Just like the series isn't completely based around Richard, this RP isn't based around the seeker either.  I believe in giving other players 'spotlights', where the RP may center around them for a short time in which they have the oppertunity  to sorta take over, plot wise, and take the RP in different directions.  This is why I like RPing with people with imagination.

QuoteDoes this mean that your character will always be better/stronger than his Entourage, despite age, experience, or talents? Is your character the only one that can have such traits?
In a way, yes, but not exactly.  There are always ways I can be defeated and such.  I will allow characters with similar traits, like other confessors with the gift, for example, but there is only one seeker.

QuoteDoes that mean that at any point in time you can kill of my character without telling me?
Every GM has this power, but I don't kill off characters on a whim.  I give players a few chances and always provide a reason.  Would you want to continue RP with someone who keeps breaking the rules?

QuoteSo if two people make a plot of them falling in love, you would have to know about it, or you'd kill off the character(s)?
No.  But if I get a PM or see a post in the OOC thread, I will talk it over with the offender.  But if they choose to continue, then yeah.  I like for everyone to enjoy the RP, so if someone is disrupting it, then why should I keep them around?

Odin

I See.

Well, thanks for answering the questions I stated.

Unfortunately, I was hoping for more of a Group based roleplay. No offense, but it seems you put yourself above others because of your status as GM. I Don't see this as a very fair game.

Thanks anyway.
Odin.

Edynol

Well this is a group based rp.  I don't know where you get that idea, but I think I made it quite clear that everyone has the same standing in the RP.  The only action I take as GM is to enforce the rules so everyone enjoys themselves.  Story wise my character isn't above the others.  But player wise, yes, as GM I put myself above others because that's the point of being GM.  I only use my status as GM to enforce the rules and lay obstacles and challenges for everyone to overcome from time to time.