Dragon Riders of Pern : Interest Check

Started by SweetSerenade, December 05, 2014, 05:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caela

Oi...I know I have too much mental energy, and not enough of it going to my Muse, when I am playing around trying to figure out how to make a basic Wiki page instead of actually writing...can't decide if I am amused or want someone to smack me in the head!

Chrystal

*chuckles*

Making a wiki page is the easiest thing in the world...

Just type the title you want into the wiki search box, and so long as no-one has created a page with that title already, it tells you the page doesn't exist and asks if you want to create it. Just say "yes", and then paste/type on whatever you want in there!

Most of the code and stuff, like the contents list and titles, all handles itself...

put "=" signs either side of each title. The more signs the further the indent.

= Level one heading =

== Level two heading ==

=== level three heading ===

and so on.

Use the buttons for other formatting, embedding links, pictures etc...

The only strange thing is that there is no Wiki-code for underline, but fret ye not! Unlike Buletin Boards (like this one) Wiki interprets HTML, so just use the HTML tags for underline: <u>underlined text</u> - always remember the close tag!

Tables, also, need to be created in html, but the table code is far more versatile in HTML than in BBCode, letting you create borders and things.

That's it really...

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Elzith

The wiki pages certainly seems to be shaping up well. But I'll try to hold out on designing a character just yet, so I have some flexibility in case certain combinations/roles are not filled, so we get some versatility.

Caela

Lol Chrystal! "That's it" you say...for someone who's a complete neophyte to coding, that's a LOT! It's fun learning though. :D

SweetSerenade

Posting my apologies, I have not gotten anything done due to some IRL issues. My daughter has had a viral infection since Saturday, and it has been hard to do anything. That combined with Holiday stuff has made my life a living maelstrom of WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON... that's pretty much how it is right now.

Literally all I have left is a small amoutn of things.

I will focus on Igen Weyr, and worry about filling in the others later. I primarily will be writing in details for thebiggest most important NPC/People in the game... As well as write out all the details about how OUR dragons work (With details about the dragons as written by Anne), and then move on to writing the details for creation of characters based on their status in the Weyr.

I apologize, this may not happen till after the Holidays, my daughter is still very sick.

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Chrystal

That is not a problem.

You take your time and I'm sure we can all wait. Real life comes first.

I hope your daughter gets better in time for the big day.

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Caela

Mini's come before anything else. You focus on your daughter and the holidays. We're not going anywhere hun!

SweetSerenade

I will begin Basic Weyr information, and Dragon Details... all that jazz - as soon as I can. Holiday stuff is over but I was made quite ill from something... not sure what yet. Plus daughter is transitioning to her own room and it has been rough.

No worries though, I am sure we will all have quite a bit of fun :D

Angie

I am also sick, and I bet a couple others are too.

Paging Dr. Angelo...
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Verasaille

I am not sick! I am an old lady, so that is a good thing!
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Chrystal

You're as old as you think you are, not how long you've been alive for!

Me, I'm still in my early twenties, in spite of having been around for half a century! (I just wish my body would realise that!)

Verasaille

I know how old I am! 67 and my Mom is 87. We are just biding time is all. Not much to look forward to.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Angie

...Am I the youngest here? I'm like, 21 years and two weeks. What the hell?!

SweetSerenade

I'm trying to recooperate being sick and all... the technical writing is just elluding me and I am languishing with trying to remember everything I was laying out for the Weyrs... before I got sick. XD

Chrystal

Elzith

Quote from: Angiejuusan on December 28, 2014, 03:51:04 PM
...Am I the youngest here? I'm like, 21 years and two weeks. What the hell?!

I'm 18 :P Guess I'm going to be the baby of the group.

Chrystal

Quote from: Elzith on December 28, 2014, 10:10:50 PM
I'm 18 :P Guess I'm going to be the baby of the group.

No-one is going to admit to being younger than 18... If they did, Sweet and I would have no choice but to report them (Or we'd get in trouble)!

However, we can assume you will be 19 in April or thereabouts given your join date, so there could be someone who is also 18 who joined after you and who's birthday is between May and December inclusive!

Elzith

Quote from: Chrystal on December 29, 2014, 01:27:17 AM
No-one is going to admit to being younger than 18... If they did, Sweet and I would have no choice but to report them (Or we'd get in trouble)!

However, we can assume you will be 19 in April or thereabouts given your join date, so there could be someone who is also 18 who joined after you and who's birthday is between May and December inclusive!

Mhmm. 4th April.

SweetSerenade

Getting closer to being ready to start! Just have a few more things that I have to write, and then they get put on the Wiki for the game. Keep your eyes peeled on the Wiki! More things unveiling themselves... Sorry about the Holiday stuff... heh XD

Caela

Question...looking over the wiki information I was wondering, will those players whose characters are already impressed be making their own dragons or will the GM's be making them the same as they are making the dragonets?

SweetSerenade

If you are going to be making a previously hatched Weyrling (Like the clutch from 2821) you can make it. Anyone who plays a rider can make their own Dragon, so long as they agree that the Gms say is final. XD Other than that, have fun and all that shizz.

We will give a list of colors from the past clutches, so people know how many of that clutch are available. We will also denote if any of that clutch perished during Weyrlinghood. Which that IS an option. Dragonets (Baby Dragons) Until they have a handle on their gifts, could seriously hurt themselves. Especially in live fire Flame Training, and especially when they learn how to go Between. Generally you will lose about two or three dragonets in Weyrlinghood. Either from Flame Training, or Betweening. If there is a white in the clutch, that dragon is almost always super sickly and it is always touch or go if they survive.

Angie

What's betweening? I just have to know.

SweetSerenade

Betweening is the Dragons ability to Teleport between places. Often referred to as 'Going Between'. A Dragon has to have a firm image of where they are going, then they take flight and then just... POP they go into between. Which is this cold lifeless place that has no life in it... and a Rider comes out on the other side. But if you don't do it properly... you can be lost forever between. Because a Dragon has to have the image done properly, or they get lost... they can't get out.

Caela

In the books there are also mentions of riders who visualized a place poorly and pairs that got trapped in the side of mountains or walls etc.

Caela

Looking forward to seeing what you want on CS's so I can make an official one! lol :D