Skulls & Shackles (Closed, Characters in Progress)

Started by TheRaven, February 13, 2013, 10:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Muse on February 14, 2013, 08:10:49 PM
Ack!  Am I too late?  Stupid cold! 

Have fun everyone.

I warmly recommend this guy above me. He is DnD fan like me and had been around long too :).

Blinkin

Ok, so change his alignment to NE. No worries. :) I just hate to go with an evil alignment and then be told that they don't like evil characters
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

TheRaven

Quote from: Muse on February 14, 2013, 08:10:49 PM
Ack!  Am I too late?  Stupid cold! 

Have fun everyone. 

Muse, I was directed to your last attempt at this, and I'm going to extend the invitation to you as well. Okay, now that I've safely doubled up on the minimum party size, let me go about making some big changes. Still, we've got plenty of people now if we start dropping.

Quote from: Blinkin on February 14, 2013, 07:54:14 PM
I hit a wall with alignments. Most GM's don't like "evil" characters, even in a pirate and lawful doesn't work;that only really leaves neutrals and good.  I can't play a true neutral in a way that anyone is going to like, so that left either chaotic good or neutral good.

My views on chaotics is based upon older descriptions of AD&D and that would REALLY annoy people, so that left NG. NG and NE are, to me, the most versitile options, so I took good because of the whole GM's don't like evil thing... I can go NE; it's not a problem... he'll just be more self serving than good natured. lol

I'm fine with evil alignments, particularly in a game about pirates. Because let's be honest, we can't all be Will Turners and Jack Sparrows. Some of us need to be Hector Barbossas and Cutler Becketts. If you want to change it up, be my guest.  8-)

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 14, 2013, 06:42:04 PM
Ok, 7 is a lot but so is that players can drop from the game when it starts :P. Anyways start work with char tomorrow, going for aquatic bloodlined sorcerer. Likely a tiefling. Although tieflings get -2 charisma penalty....is there chance I could trade it to other mental stat penalty? Like wisdom?

Blood of Fiends is free game, so you can slap the other tiefling templates on him. If it's your cup of tea you can take the 1st level feat too and swap out your abilities.
"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, I think I will. Although the list of varied tiefling templates I felt not satisfied fluff wise (statitic wise I could had been happy with daemonspawn). None gives the 'offspring of CN deity' vibe.

Or I could go aasimar considering the deity for piracy is CN and may had banged a angel in one her raids in heaven.

TheRaven

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 14, 2013, 08:41:13 PM
Yeah, I think I will. Although the list of varied tiefling templates I felt not satisfied fluff wise (statitic wise I could had been happy with daemonspawn). None gives the 'offspring of CN deity' vibe.

Or I could go aasimar considering the deity for piracy is CN and may had banged a angel in one her raids in heaven.

Sounds like fun to me. They get a +2 to Charisma, if I remember correctly. Also, the Azata-Blooded template gets +2 to Dexterity and typically lean towards Chaotic. Can't remember if Besmara drops by Elysium during her interplanar voyages.

EDIT: Yep, she does. Plenty of chance to meet up with azatas.
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.

Muse

*smiles* 

Thank you, Raven, I'll try not to disapoint. 

Can someone give me a run down of what we have in aplications so far? 

Is this mostly just going to be a patfinder game run on an adult board?  Or are there some erotic themes you'd like to explore? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Blinkin

All I know is that I'm playing the charming swashbuckler with the rapier wit and sharp sword... wait, reverse that...

And welcome Mr. Ah-Muse-ing. ;)
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

TheRaven

Quote from: Muse on February 14, 2013, 08:51:52 PM
  Can someone give me a run down of what we have in aplications so far? 

Is this mostly just going to be a patfinder game run on an adult board?  Or are there some erotic themes you'd like to explore? 

So far, we have...
-Druid
-Ranger
-Gunslinger
-Nomad-Rogue
-Rogue (Swashbuckler)
-Sorcerer (Aquatic Bloodline)

The other guy who was expressing interest hasn't put forward a concept yet. So, there you go. We seem to be a bit short on front-line muscle, though.

As for the game's content, I'm perfectly willing to mix both. That part's up to the players (which seems to be a recurring thing with me :P).

Also, I'm going to start getting threads set up. They'll be linked to in the main post, as well as posted in a new post when I'm done.

EDIT: On that topic, what's the general consensus here? NC or no?

Blinkin

Quote from: TheRaven on February 14, 2013, 09:07:29 PM
So far, we have...
-Druid
-Ranger
-Gunslinger
-Nomad-Rogue
-Rogue (Swashbuckler)

The other guy who was expressing interest hasn't put forward a concept yet. So, there you go. We seem to be a bit short on front-line muscle, though.

As for the game's content, I'm perfectly willing to mix both. That part's up to the players (which seems to be a recurring thing with me :P).

Also, I'm going to start getting threads set up. They'll be linked to in the main post, as well as posted in a new post when I'm done.

A little short on muscle... Lantis is going to feel awefully exposed with the only one who can actually swing a sword. ;)

On the content... bring on the wenches! llol
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Muse

*Smiles*  I enjoy some NC.  Especialy when I'm playing evil.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Re Z L

Quote from: TheRaven on February 14, 2013, 09:07:29 PM
So far, we have...
-Druid
-Ranger
-Gunslinger
-Nomad-Rogue
-Rogue (Swashbuckler)

NC is fine with me

I'm kind of flip-flopping around with ideas, but I'll probably end up filling whatever niche we might need, which currently seems to be some kind of front-line fighter

I'll be going with Magus.
A&A

Muse

*Chuckles*  That's what I was looking at 'til I noticed we had no cleric.  :) 

Triggvi

Muse

Nomad?  As in, a psionicist?  :) 

How does that work?  I mean, besides personal healing? 

Callie Del Noire

Muse

Yep. 

It's my experiences with pathfidner modules that it really helps to have the basics covered. 

Of course, those experiences are colored by a bad GM. 

Gary Stargazer

I'm still working on my wave warden, but they will be melee based with minimal archery, so there will be Some muscle, all be it a little slow on land/deck compared to in water. I am going to take the strong tail perk, so will have a 15 on "foot".
Official fanboy of Oreo. <3
Allow me to show you how I like to play. <3
I'm not just a member of The Oreo Fan Club, I'm the president.

RubySlippers

No Undine Adept as in a racial specialty druid who well is attuned to water so you have a clericiness covered, and she is a trained Ship's Surgeon kind of a big role on a ship.

Triggvi

TheRaven

Muse

Hm... 

What do you think, Trig, should I do a Wilder or a Soul Knife?  :) 

Triggvi

TheRaven

Blinkin

My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: TheRaven on February 14, 2013, 08:51:16 PM
Sounds like fun to me. They get a +2 to Charisma, if I remember correctly. Also, the Azata-Blooded template gets +2 to Dexterity and typically lean towards Chaotic. Can't remember if Besmara drops by Elysium during her interplanar voyages.

EDIT: Yep, she does. Plenty of chance to meet up with azatas.

*rubs hands*

Okay, one son of Besmara and Bralani swashbuckler coming up!