News:

Main Menu

So, how large is it?

Started by Lilias, December 26, 2012, 05:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theboyinthedark69

Callie Del Noire

Silvered Sutures

Tried it again, I guess 44963 is the maximum. I was originally insulted by my result because the claim is that there are a million words in the English language, give or take a quarter million, but I guess this test is limited.
My O/O Thread
Discord handle; Silvered Sutures

Pain

My total vocabulary size estimated to 21722 words.
And to be honest, I don't think I use even a fourth of that for my writing.  :P

jursed

19986 words! I've got a lot to learn, huh.  ;D

castleoflight

30426 (Proficient)

Very fun link. Thanks! I felt both smart and dull at the same time.

DeformedCatholic

I can't lie, I definitely clicked on this thread expecting a dick measuring contest, and was pleasantly surprised when it was instead a literary dick measuring contest.  

33058, but I certainly felt humbled by the last third of the second page.  I wonder how scores would alter if you needed to select the correct definition (even from a small group of choices) instead of self-reporting that you did or didn't know the word. 

aure

Most adult fluent English speakers have around 20,000–35,000 words in their vocabulary.

I got 31614 words! And honestly, I need to learn and use more of them.

SweetSierra

I hit 33472 words. Verbose lil shit, I could try harder to use them- although to be fair, being bye-lingual makes a lot of the words easier to find in my head, there's always extras. 

(Yes, it's a joke, I can't find the words in any one of the four languages floating in my brain goo sometimes). 

Wheeze

" Most adult fluent English speakers have around 20,000–35,000 words in their vocabulary. "

Lived in the US my whole life, rip. 

Wolven Soul

30,466.  Not to bad I guess, but man...there are a lot of words there I have never even heard of before, lol.

That was interesting though, thanks for posting that!
Est Sularis Oth Mithas

My O/O's

Agrael

23717 words! I think that's pretty good for a non-native speaker.
Interested in all manner of gay RPs.
---
My O/O thread

IR Halcyone

26875 words, not bad for another non-native speaker!