Pokemon: Path of Destiny (Dark, realistic take on the series; 1 space left!)

Started by King Serperior, June 06, 2016, 09:41:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

la dame en noir

Its not a Swampert at least - that would take up all the points.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

King Serperior

Quote from: la dame en noir on June 06, 2016, 11:17:20 PM
Talked to him about it earlier, hes fine with me having a Marshtomp.
You did?  I might have missed something there.  >.>

Marshtomp is good for 4 points as a second stage Pokemon.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

la dame en noir

Quote from: King Serperior on June 06, 2016, 11:23:32 PM
You did?  I might have missed something there.  >.>

Marshtomp is good for 4 points as a second stage Pokemon.

Rewind back to the first page :P lol Yeah

I'll probabbbllyyyy go withhhhh afjldafjdlafj;d;alfja

I love mudkip and froakie

uhh

hmm

hmmm
A&A | FxF |

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

King Serperior

Quote from: la dame en noir on June 06, 2016, 11:24:40 PM
Rewind back to the first page :P lol Yeah
Okay, I found what you were referring to.  This was my response:
Quote from: King Serperior on June 06, 2016, 10:27:05 AM
As for Greninja, that would be six points, but a Marshtomp and Froakie would would be a pretty nice start!  I'm still building my character idea, but I plan for him to have an Amaura.  I love Aurorus.  <3
So, a Marshtomp and Froakie would have been 6 points there.

Quote from: la dame en noir on June 06, 2016, 11:25:46 PM
Okay

My final team will be Frogaider & Torchic! :3
Alrighty, those two would make for a nice team.   :D

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

la dame en noir

Thats what I meant by "fine with marshtomp as a starting pokemon on a team"

Anyway, i had remembered I absolutely love Blaziken.
A&A | FxF |

LSWSjr

Would you consider Swanna or Togekiss capable of carrying an adult?

I could always start with an earlier stage of those two instead and they can breed with field types like Woobat who can also breed with Eevee, whilst also unlocking Fairy/Water 1 breeding :)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

King Serperior

Quote from: la dame en noir on June 06, 2016, 11:29:08 PM
Thats what I meant by "fine with marshtomp as a starting pokemon on a team"

Anyway, i had remembered I absolutely love Blaziken.
And the two can start on a team, but that would be all at the beginning.

Quote from: LSWSjr on June 06, 2016, 11:31:19 PM
Would you consider Swanna or Togekiss capable of carrying an adult?

I could always start with an earlier stage of those two instead and they can breed with field types like Eevee :)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
I would say that they can carry an adult.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

LSWSjr

Okay, then Kassey's team will be Eevee, Woobat and Togepi :)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

LSWSjr

Name:  Kassey LeHane
Orientation:  Bisexual
Home Region:  Unova
Team:

• Eevee:  Unlike Kassey's other two Pokemon, Eevee has been with her for several years and was raised by the redhead from the time she hatched.  Eevee is very protective of her mistress, despite her small size, and prefers to ride on Kassey's shoulders rather than in her Pokeball.  The result of generations of patient breeding, this Eevee displays a fine silky coat and is physically superior to most other Eevee its age that they've encountered recently.
  • Togepi:  A gift from Kassey's mother, this Togepi is still quite young but has already proven herself in the few doubles battles they've joined.  Like most baby Pokemon, Togepi has only a limited awareness of hazards and must be watched over if allowed to roam freely.  In truth, Kassey would rather she stay infantile, but knows it can't last forever.
  • Woobat:  The first and only Pokemon Kassey has ever caught, after startling the breeder from his hiding place among the rafters of her family's barn.  Since then he's proven useful delivering messages between her and her other family members; and the heart nosed flyer has also displayed some proficiency in hunting, but he's yet to be tested in battle.
Personality:  Kassey can best be described as patient and hard working, used to early mornings and long days on her parent's farm.  The redhead can be quite stubborn, even to her detriment at times and is hard to pull away from a task once she's started.  Possessed of a strong maternal instinct, Kassey is willing to devote months of her young life to rearing juvenile Pokemon, ensuring their needs are catered to and that they hit their developmental milestones.  Her caring nature also extends to her family and friends, though she is quite unforgiving of those who exploit her generosity or who expect her to do their work for them.

Biography:  Born the eldest of seven in the town of Floccesy, Kassey spent her childhood mucking out stalls, incubating eggs, building fences and toiling at the other jobs of a farm hand.  Locally, the LeHanes were known for their intense feud with Travon Tokuzō over control of the surrounding pastoral land, though beyond the occasional drought their lives were reasonably free of hardship.
As she grew, her parents noticed that their firstborn had a natural talent for diagnosing and treating the ailments of the town's Pokemon, just like her grandfather Doctor Hermès LeHane, one of the many Pokemon experts assigned to the Tokai Region.  With the blessing of her parents Kassey set sail to join her grandfather, on the day of her twenty first birthday, leaving behind the only life she'd ever known for a new land of discovery and adventure.

Bag Contents:  A sleeping backpack, 10 Pokeballs, 5 Potions, some Pokemon food, a week's dehydrated rations, a filtered water bottle, and a research journal.
Ons/Offs:  I know it's just the lame default, but I'm an easy going guy.

Wispyr

Since we seem to be extra female-character heavy, and someone else wanted the idea I had... I decided to change it up a bit.

Name: Cecil Yew
Orientation: Heterosexual
Home Region: Johto

Personality: If there was a single word that could summarize him, it would be passionate. He brings an energy to everything it does, and it's an energy that never quite seems to run out. Cecil is an outgoing individual who loves to be out doors. Very studious, Cecil is someone who likes to have a plan and consider his options before acting; this makes him a very strategic trainer who thinks about the long term picture rather then flashy in the moment moves.

Biography: Cecil was born to Professor Hope Yew; while not as globally recognized as her colleagues, Professor Yew is perhaps the leading authority on Pokemon migration patterns. Having devoted her life to studying how Pokemon have circulated around the globe to the various regions. Cecil was raised somewhere between lab work and wild adventures tracking Pokemon movements. It was only natural that as he got older and learned more about what his mother was doing that he wanted to help and follow in her footsteps. From the time Cecil could read he was studying charts, memorizing the Pokemon of the world and how they liked to live. After he was given his own Pokemon at age 13, Cecil's focus started to wane from what his mother was following - but like any good parent, who wanted to see their child succeed, she empowered him to follow what called to him. After a discussion and some strings pulled, Cecil was shipped off to the Kanto region to study with the famous Professor Oak for two years. Cecil's calling became Pokemon behavioral science, being able to read into what Pokemon are thinking, feeling and need. As something of an extension of Oak's own field - the relationship between Pokemon and humans - it was only natural that he start his own journey by learning from the master on the subject.

By the time Cecil returned home, he was already well on his way to becoming a recognized authority - something he hopes one day he'll become. His time spent with Oak had turned him into nearly a walking, talking, breathing Pokedex. This trip home, Cecil brushed up on the research his mother had been doing while he was gone. It was little more then a pit stop on his journey as he was then shipped off to be an assistant to Professor Birch of the Hoenn region; like Oak, Cecil spent two years with Birch learning all he could absorb about his study into Pokemon habitats. With the combination of knowledge from the three professors, Cecil was firmly grounded on his path on understanding Pokemon; not just how they acted, but why they acted the way they did. Being able to see the true needs of a Pokemon and why they needed it.

After his time with Birch, Cecil spent his time traveling the regions - primarily Kanto & Johto, but he did spend some extra time in Hoenn - and helping others better understand their Pokemon and what they need. In his travels Cecil has become a fairly adept trainer, using his knowledge and understanding of Pokemon to guide him to numerous victories. Despite all of this, because his travels have taken him all over the place Cecil has never under gone a true Gym challenge and never earned official Pokemon League Badge from any region that he has been in. As something of a Pokemon whisperer, and the closest thing to an authority of Pokemon that isn't bogged down by their work, Cecil was invited to the Tokai region - an invitation that he was all too eager to accept.

Bag Contents: Sleeping bag, 10 Pokeballs, 5 Potions, Pokemon Food, Digital sketch pad, Watch with voice recorder and high pixel count camera, Trail rations (3 days),
Ons/Offs: Player O/O's.

Team

Sneasel

Misdreavus

Ralts
Male : Hasty

Female : Lax

Female : Modest
Determined, Loyal, Resourceful

Playful, Curious, Energetic

Focused, Patient, Strategic
Rash, Unfocused, Prideful

Absent-minded, Distractable, Emotional

Shy, Unsure, Distant

Sneasel: Gifted - Sneasel was Cecil's first Pokemon, gifted to him by his mother.
Misdreavus: Caught - Misdreavus was Cecil's first solo-catch, found on Mt. Silver. Misdreavus was beaten by Cecil's Sneasel.
Ralts: Caught - Ralts was captured near Petalburg city during a trip to the Hoenn region. Under attack by a bigger Ralts, Cecil defended this one with Misdreavus and befriended it.

King Serperior

@LSW:  Everything looks good to me. 

@Wispyr:  It all looks good, but I have a couple of notes to point out:
- This Professor Yew is, I would assume, Professor Elm's assistant?
- Be careful with the 'walking pokedex' aspect.  I don't mind if his goal is to become a Professor, but at his age, he has quite a way to go unless he is a prodigy like Elm.
- You don't have to worry about Pokemon natures in this game.  It's not like the games and more along the lines of the anime.

Quote from: Relikai on June 07, 2016, 05:51:38 AM
Is this still open?
I think there's still one spot left open if you want to work something out.  Do you have any questions?  Did you have a character concept in mind?

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Relikai

Admittedly my Pokedex is limited to 1st Gen (RBY) Pokemon, but I can RP a novice trainer from the Kanto Region who just got his Boulder Badge before he lost his Butterfree in a preceeding event.

I'm planning to start with a Dratini, Magikarp and a Pidgey.

King Serperior

Hmmm, having just Gen 1 knowledge might make things rather difficult.  In this sort of game, I generally prefer someone to have somewhat more extensive knowledge about the 6 (soon to be 7, but we'll worry about that much later) generations.

That said, a Dratini is a 4-pointer and the other two are 2-pointers.

Okay, the Character Thread and OOC are now up!  EdwardShane, Wispyr (after you've answered the points I made), and LSWSjr, go ahead and post your characters and pop into the OOC.  There's some important posting rules in the OOC's first post.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Relikai

I see. I can update myself as the RP progresses, something like Ash in the anime where he picks up knowledge with experience.

Alright. A Dratini and a Magikarp would be fine :)

King Serperior

I'm still not sure that would be the best as you'll be bombarded with Pokemon from later generations from the very start.  It might become overwhelming.  I don't think this is the game for you at the moment.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Relikai

Works, perhaps it'll be better to get someone more experienced. Thanks for considering tho!

la dame en noir

Okay, so

I'm going to let this game go (even though its been my E wish to do Pokemon and roleplay with you cause you're awesome). My reason, being, I've gotta really focus on my group game and get them going. Plus, I'm stupid stressed, have a convention coming up that I need to finish the cosplay for.
A&A | FxF |

King Serperior

Quote from: Relikai on June 07, 2016, 10:26:10 AM
Works, perhaps it'll be better to get someone more experienced. Thanks for considering tho!
I'm sorry that this wasn't what you would prefer, but I didn't want you to feel lost and having to learn on the fly.

Quote from: la dame en noir on June 07, 2016, 10:30:50 AM
Okay, so

I'm going to let this game go (even though its been my E wish to do Pokemon and roleplay with you cause you're awesome). My reason, being, I've gotta really focus on my group game and get them going. Plus, I'm stupid stressed, have a convention coming up that I need to finish the cosplay for.
Aww, well, I am sorry to see you go, but I understand.  Maybe another time.  *hugs*  Good luck!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Relikai

King Serperior

Thanks!

Looks like there are now two open places left if anyone is interested!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

AidenWhite

Hey, didn't know you were starting this back up! O.o I'll join in with my old character.
My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

King Serperior

Hey, Aiden!  My apologies for not sending out a message.  It's been a week and a few things have slipped by me.  >.<

Feel free to bring her back up and make any updates you might want!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

AidenWhite

Name: Yuli Andou
Orientation: Bisexual
Home Region: Johto
Team:
1) Charmander (Shiny, Male): Feisty and adventurous, Charmander loves testing his own abilities in battle and victory. Despite all that, he is really attached to Yuli and growls at anyone who approaches her. He was Yuli's first Pokemon.
2) Deino (Female): Given to Yuli as a parting gift from her father before leaving Blackthorn City and heading towards Tokai. Yuli and Deino haven't been together long enough to bond, but they seen to get along well enough.

Personality:  Yuli is a solemn individual, keeping only to herself and her Pokemon. She is self-sufficient and does not need to rely on others for help. Yuli is quite strong despite being only 5'4'' and not only physically strong but mentally strong. Due to her circumstances, she had never the time or chance to make friends, so she might seem a little awkward although not really meaning to. Her manner of dress is conservative, just like her mannerisms and behavior, with loose fitted shirts that don't stand out with baggy pants.

Biography:  Yuli's older sister is Ibuki (Claire) the gym leader of Blackthorn City in the Johto region and her cousin is Lance, the dragon-user of the Elite Four. Yuli, along with Ibuki, tended to the Dragon's Den. Yuli trained all of her life in the Dragon's Den, from the age of 6 until she was 16 with Charmander. Then, getting permission from her sister and the Master of the Dragon's Den, Yuli was allowed to leave Blackthorn City and travel around the Johto region. Her adventures eventually took her to the Safari Zone near Cianwood City, where she challenged the Fighting-type gym leader, Shijima (Chuck), and won with ease with just her Charmander. Shijima was surprised by her decisiveness in battle and how fast Charmander reacted to her directions. Shijima directed her to the Safari Zone nearby and Yuli's interest was piqued. The Safari Zone was filled with amazing Pokemon, but she had her hands full already with just Charmander, so she decided to forego catching anymore and instead just took notes. Then, Yuli's travels took her to Goldenrod City and took on the Normal-type gym leader, Akane (Whitney). With impressive performances from  Charmander, Yuli won the Plain Badge.

Shortly after, a message was sent to her from Ibuki, asking her to return immediately to Blackthorn City. News came that there was new region discovered and that they'd like to send someone to see if there were any unknown Dragon-type Pokemon and the Master, as well as Ibuki, nominated Yuli for this task. Yuli agreed to this and before leaving, Ibuki gave to her another Pokemon, Deino, a powerful dragon-type Pokemon, before she left on her boat to Tokai.
Bag Contents: A sleeping bag, 10 Pokeballs, 5 Potions, some Pokemon food, a map and a handkerchief from her sister.
Ons/Offs: In signature

Not sure if your policy on shiny Pokemon have changed at all from the other iterations but if it's an issue, I'm not against changing it ^^
My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.