Camp Half-Blood - Not Accepting Applications

Started by Jag, April 26, 2011, 12:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jag

“Keeping Young Heroes Safe from Harm (Mostly) For Over Three Millennia"

"I suppose I must say hello to you and tell you a bit about the camp since you managed to avoid being killed by the monsters and got across the boarder...I'm Mr. D, you're camp director. I'm not your friend and I don't want to hear your sob story about how you miss your mortal parent or how you feel abandoned by your Olympian parent. So stop your whining or I'll feed you to the cleaning harpies. Till we know who your Olympian parent is, you'll be staying in Cabin Eleven. All undecideds go there. Don't go sayin' I'm your father, I've been in this infernal place for over twenty years, so that won't work. Anyways, I'll let Hay-for-Breath over here take over."

"Hello, Children, I'm Chiron, your friendly activities director and centaur. I understand that some of you must of been shocked to suddenly find yourselves being attacked by monsters of all kinds and then picked up by a Satyr and brought here. It really is for your own good. You're the half-blood children of the gods and monsters find that kind of flesh very tasty. We will ask you not to step outside the boundaries of the camp, as we cannot insure your safety outside of the camp.

Now, I'm going to ask you all to stand up straight and tell me your names. If you know who your Olympian parent is, please say so. Don't lie, the cabins will know if you're lying. If you tell me you're a daughter of Zeus and you're not, then Zeus's cabin will reject you. So it's best to be honest...Come now, don't be shy..."

Character Profiles:

[b]Name:[/b] (all last names are the names of the mortal parent)
[b]God or Goddess Parent:[/b] (some restrictions apply. No Hera, Artemis, or Dionysus)
[b]Claimed or Unclaimed:[/b] (has your Olympian parent accepted you as their child)
[b]Age:[/b] (17 or older, please)
[b]Any Background Info:[/b]
[b]Fatal Flaw:[/b] (all heroes have a fatal flaw. EX:  Poseidon's Half-Blood children's fatal flaw is personal loyalty. Hades' Half-Blood children's fatal flaw is holding grudges. Athena's Half-Blood children's fatal flaw is hubris, also known as pride. Zeus's Half-Blood children's fatal flaw is a weak resistance to power. Aphrodite's Half-Blood children's fatal flaw is vanity. And So on.)
[b]Weapon or Skill:[/b]
[b]Physical Description:[/b] (pictures are acceptable)

Please PM me the Character Profile so I can review it and chose to accept or decline it. Thanks!

"Chiron here, again, just wanted to give you a few things before you head off to either you cabin or the Hermes' cabin. Remember, for those of you that are unclaimed, you will be staying in Hermes' cabin. Hermes' accepts all since he is the God of Travel, but remember he is also the God of Thieves. Many of his children have been claimed and live in there. Please keep your personal possessions very close to you. Now here are your maps and your rope necklace. If you manage to live through the summer...now, now, don't cry, I'm sure you'll live...you will receive a bead to put on it. I also wanted to warn you that while curfew is more of a suggestion, the cleaning harpies do take it seriously. If you plan on sneaking around after 11o'clock, then be sure to take a weapon and be sure you can run fast. Camp Half-Blood can not be held responsible for loss or life or limbs to the harpies if you're out after curfew...Now off you go and good luck with your summer."

Stuff:

• If you're unclaimed, we'll discuss in PM who you want your parent to be and organize something to help you get claimed.
  • If you're claimed, you'll have to attempt to earn the respect of your Olympian parent through winning events.
  • Over all, have fun. Your Olympian parent couldn't keep it in their pants, why should you?
  • Quests must have three characters and a story line.
  • I am only allowing people who have read the Percy Jackson books to apply for this game.
  • I'm limiting the number of people allowed in this game so that it doesn't get overrun this time. Therefore not everyone who wants in will be accepted.

Some Things We Will Be Doing In The Game:

• Chariot Races
  • Capture the Flag
  • Battles in the Forest

Quests:

• Between Scylla and Charybdis
**Quest details will be worked out once the game is underway.

The Demi-Gods:

Females
Abigale Norwick - Michi No Sora
Elizabeth "Libby" Santorini - Josietta
Vanessa Concepcion - Star Safyre
Maria Deno - Kaz
Chloe Stanger - Chrystal

Males
Vincent Masterarm - Aiden
Calgaris Hart - KnightNelson20
Zachary Williams  - Silverfyre
Terry Holt - Jefepato
Dante Clearwater - Kaisude
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

KnightNelson20

Jag

KnightNelson20

Jag

I would prefer the campers to be all half-mortal and half-God/dess. Children of the Muses wouldn't have cabins to be claimed to, they are less likely to be attacked by monsters, and aren't they usually the children of God/desses too...? I mean aren't most of them the child of a muse and a God, rather than a muse and a human? That would make them born immortal and more likely to be a Lesser God than a Demi-God.

So yeah...I'd prefer to stick with human/God campers.

Josietta

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

rahatngt

Sorry to be totally out of context. But damn I hate waiting for the next installment of a series :(

Jag

This one, Josie?

Name: Elizabeth "Libby" Santorini
God or Goddess Parent: Athena
Claimed or Unclaimed: Claimed
Fatal Flaw:Hubris (Pride)
Weapon or Skill: She is skilled with a sword and shield though not as skilled as some others. She is very intelligent and uses her strategy for attacks more than her sword and hand to hand ability. With her keen eye and ability to think ahead and watch her opponent closely, Libby can begin to gauge their next move and defend against it more easily. Excelling at defense more than offense, she is a decent opponent in physical battle but a devastating opponent at Chess or Risk.

Gamer: Josietta

If so, then yes. ^^ All I need is for you to fill in a little background info for her. Like who her father was, how he met Athena, how her life was, etc...doesn't have to be all that, but something would be nice.

Josietta

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Quote from: Michi No Sora on April 26, 2011, 02:59:38 PM
This one, Josie?

Name: Elizabeth "Libby" Santorini
God or Goddess Parent: Athena
Fatal Flaw:Hubris (Pride)
Weapon or Skill: She is skilled with a sword and shield though not as skilled as some others. She is very intelligent and uses her strategy for attacks more than her sword and hand to hand ability. With her keen eye and ability to think ahead and watch her opponent closely, Libby can begin to gauge their next move and defend against it more easily. Excelling at defense more than offense, she is a decent opponent in physical battle but a devastating opponent at Chess or Risk.

Gamer: Josietta

If so, then yes. ^^ All I need is for you to fill in a little background info for her. Like who her father was, how he met Athena, how her life was, etc...doesn't have to be all that, but something would be nice.

Yay! I thought I had a background in on her, I'll double check my file i have and if i don't then I'll be sure to write that up! ;D

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Lady Aura

If this is still open, I would love to send you a character. :)

Current RP Status: Not taking any more RP's

Star Safyre

*gets in line holding an app for a daughter of Hephaestus*
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

Aiden

I'd like to come back with my old characters. I'll come back with the son of Hephaestus first (as a returning camper (Was claimed then went on a quest, during the first installment that ended up going inactive)) and if needed I can return with my son of Hades.

KnightNelson20

I sent my pm cs but i forgot to title it im sorry! >.<

Silverfyre

I may be strapped for time but I could not resist applying to play in this game.  As a big fan of the series (I am even running my tabletop players through a Camp Half Blood DnD game at the moment...), I would love to play in this.

Jag

Quote from: Josietta on April 26, 2011, 03:06:30 PM

Yay! I thought I had a background in on her, I'll double check my file i have and if i don't then I'll be sure to write that up! ;D

All I had was what I posted. So yeah, just write up a short background and send it to me and I'll get her added. ^^

Quote from: Lady Aura on April 26, 2011, 03:11:38 PM
If this is still open, I would love to send you a character. :)

Still open. ^^ Just send me a character to look over and I'll let you know.

Quote from: Aiden on April 26, 2011, 03:18:50 PM
I'd like to come back with my old characters. I'll come back with the son of Hephaestus first (as a returning camper (Was claimed then went on a quest, during the first installment that ended up going inactive)) and if needed I can return with my son of Hades.

I'll clean up Vincent's profile and get it added. If we need more males when the time comes, we'll get your Hades boy added. ^^

Anyone else...I've got your profiles and I'm looking them over.

Star Safyre

Quote from: Michi No Sora on April 26, 2011, 06:34:48 PM
Anyone else...I've got your profiles and I'm looking them over.

Great thanks, lady.   :-)
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

Jag

I'm going through people who are reusing characters from our last Camp Half Blood game to redo their profiles and such. Aiden and I are using the same characters we did last time and are both going to have it be 'the next summer' from the previous game. >.> It's easier that way...

Anyway, I've decided to have this game in Extreme Small Groups. That doesn't mean that everyone has to partake in 'extreme' stuff. That just allows for us to describe a lot more gore and get as creative as we want with the monsters, quests, and such. ^^

Silverfyre

Bwhahaha!  Twin sword monster slaying style, GO!

Aiden

My char from last game, thanks for Pming it to me Michi.

Name: Vincent "V" Masterarm
God or Goddess Parent: Hephaestus 
Fatal Flaw: Extreme Pride
Weapon or Skill: Mechanical Genius
Tattoos:
Background: Having been brought to Camp Half-Blood last year by a satyr in disguise as a cop, Vincent had a rough start, but settled in quickly. At first he thought the camp was some kind of reform place for troubled kids. After being caught climbing out Abigale's cabin window in his attempt to run away, she managed to show him around and slowly work it into his head what Camp Half-Blood, and himself, really were.

Vincent wasn't unclaimed for long. After working for the Hermes cabin in building a chariot for the races and winning the race, his father claimed him. He was the son of Hephaestus.

Before Camp Half-Blood, Vincent spent most of his life alone, having left his foster home at the age of fifteen.

Dress Style:
Jeans, leather jackets, cowboy shirts, cowboy hats, cowboy boots, racing boots, sleeveless shirts, no shirts.

Gamer: Aiden

Depending on how the game goes, I might make a son of Ares. I wanted to play one last game but there where to many of them.

Jag

There was only two kids of Ares last game, Aiden. :P One of my own and one that dropped out of the game not too long into it. :P

Anyway...Here is the Profiles thread:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=80880.0

Please don't post in it. I'm a bit of a control freak about profiles. I will put the profiles in their appropriate places in there and make edits as needed. So far only the reused characters are in there. If you look at the bottom two posts you will find all the abilities of specific demi-gods (not every demi-god will have every power available to them) and the profiles for Mr. D and Chiron (NPCs).

*is going over the new characters that were sent to her now*

^__^

Jag

Just so everyone knows, I'm limiting the game to 5 male characters and 5 female characters for right now. Maybe once it gets going and things start moving along I'll open it up for more. Right now we have 3 definite female characters, 2 definite male characters, and 1 male character I'm nit-picking at.

desert ashes

Noting interest here!  Will be submitting a character sheet later on tonight. 
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Jag

Jag

Okay...if you all want to chatter, please take it here:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=105114.0

That's our OOC. We have enough people right now to get a decent start on the game.

Kaisude

I am at ups and downs about this rp. It looks like it would be fun, but I just don't know if I can get the right mind set for it.