Any Wow-Heads out there?

Started by Anony Mouse, June 14, 2010, 12:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

It was bad when they made Shattrath the hub of hubs.. and then they did it with Dalaran..which is like HALF the size of Shattrath. On my old PC it was a friggin nightmare!

Zaer Darkwail

I get no lags in Dalaran despite how many people are there. But it takes few seconds graphics update stuff.

Aiden

The Golden Touch

I am running at 32 lately.  ^ ^ 

-Glares at Sekketh Halls-

Give me my mount, you bitch!

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Wolfy

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 27, 2010, 12:55:26 AM
It was bad when they made Shattrath the hub of hubs.. and then they did it with Dalaran..which is like HALF the size of Shattrath. On my old PC it was a friggin nightmare!

And now there will be no hub of hubs. LagWind, LagGrimmar, IronLag, LagCity, Thunder Lag....all shall return with Cataclysm.

Note how I did not include Exodar, Darnassus, or Silvermoon...because honestly, who goes there? xD

Kytn

Yay for 10 FPS in Dal. Not. XP
Updates coming soon!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Kytn on October 27, 2010, 11:49:12 AM
Yay for 10 FPS in Dal. Not. XP

I used to have like 3 dps anytime I came up to the surface of Dalaran.

Chris Brady

I have a dual core, with a midline video card (That can run Dx11 smoothly) with about 4 gigs of Ram, and the last time I played, it STILL took at least 10 seconds to load graphics in the heavy pop cities like Dal.  So, no, having a top of the line rig is NOT going to make it magically function.  It's Blizzard's coding team, they seriously suck at updating.

But then, that's not surprising as their original coding team all left to make Arenanet and Guildwars.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Wolfy

Playing the game on High..and...Wow. O-o...I never knew the game could look so good.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Wolfy on October 28, 2010, 12:00:59 AM
Playing the game on High..and...Wow. O-o...I never knew the game could look so good.

Rofl, I was similar after I updated to use new comp after playing WoW 4 years in crappy comp XD.

Wolfy

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 28, 2010, 12:24:24 AM
Rofl, I was similar after I updated to use new comp after playing WoW 4 years in crappy comp XD.

lol..everything looks so fresh and vibrant. I'm tempted to create a new character to play now. xD...I already have a warlock, though, so..*shrugs*

Lyell

Quote from: Wolfy on October 28, 2010, 08:35:30 AM
lol..everything looks so fresh and vibrant. I'm tempted to create a new character to play now. xD...I already have a warlock, though, so..*shrugs*

A year ago I may have said don't bother, but with the old world revamped, might be worth it?
When you absolutely, positively have to kill it with fire...accept no substitutes.

Wolfy

Quote from: Lyell on October 28, 2010, 05:13:13 PM
A year ago I may have said don't bother, but with the old world revamped, might be worth it?

It's not revamped yet. o3o Won't be till like, mid November, probably.

Aiden

So supposedly in cataclysm,

Deathwing is going to be free roaming all of Azeroth and blowing huge cone of fire to random zones at random times.

So you can be questing one moment and dead the next because you just got owned by Deathwing, that shit sounds amazing!

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Aiden on October 28, 2010, 05:50:21 PM
So apparently in cataclysm,

Deathwing is going to be free roaming all of Azeroth and blowing huge cone of fire to random zones at random times.

So you can be questing one moment and dead the next because you just got owned by Deathwing, that shit sounds amazing!

...not quite.

Deathwing will spawn in random zones at random times, and trace a cone/line across the zone from one point to another. It's very obvious, with the entire zone getting colors and Deathwing himself emoting really loudly. If you're unfortunate enough to be in the line of fire (you'll be able to tell, he appears and is very obvious which way he's going), it is possible to mount up and ride free of the destruction path before it gets to you unless you were unlucky enough to be right on the edge of the zone. If you choose not to, you get an achievement called Stand In The Fire for deliberately dying to Deathwing.

Wolfy

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on October 28, 2010, 05:54:36 PM

...not quite.

Deathwing will spawn in random zones at random times, and trace a cone/line across the zone from one point to another. It's very obvious, with the entire zone getting colors and Deathwing himself emoting really loudly. If you're unfortunate enough to be in the line of fire (you'll be able to tell, he appears and is very obvious which way he's going), it is possible to mount up and ride free of the destruction path before it gets to you unless you were unlucky enough to be right on the edge of the zone. If you choose not to, you get an achievement called Stand In The Fire for deliberately dying to Deathwing.
Sweet.

At least, until the outrage begins...people will call it worse than forced PVP and Ganking.

Despite it being their faults for not moving out of the way. Thus the feature will eventually be removed because of the complainers..I.E. The minority. :D

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Wolfy on October 28, 2010, 05:56:06 PM
Sweet.

At least, until the outrage begins...people will call it worse than forced PVP and Ganking.

Despite it being their faults for not moving out of the way. Thus the feature will eventually be removed because of the complainers..I.E. The minority. :D

Frankly, I love the idea. Sure, I'll probably get zorched a few times and it'll be annoying. But it's a huge step towards making Big Daddy D actually feel like an expansion's signature villain and end boss, compared to the Lich King who just chilled ( :D) on his throne the whole expansion except for a few quest cameos, or Illidan who appeared a grand total of once outside the walls of the Black Temple.

I doubt they'll remove it entirely when the QQing begins. At worst, they'll nerf his 'speed' to where someone on a Riding Turtle could escape the devastation path, and make any deaths from the fire count as 'pvp kills' to not cause durability damage.

Wolfy

Oh ho...I predict there being a great many jokes about the female worgen running wild idle pose....and many movements. >_>

TheGlyphstone

Ooooh yeah, there's gonna be jokes. On the other hand, isn't that also the Male Running Wild pose?

In other news - "Login Servers are Currently Busy". Wut.

Wolfy

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on October 28, 2010, 06:49:34 PM
Ooooh yeah, there's gonna be jokes. On the other hand, isn't that also the Male Running Wild pose?

In other news - "Login Servers are Currently Busy". Wut.

D: and I wanted to play tonight...

Zaer Darkwail

Oh damn, that pose looks very sweet deal to make jokes from..... >:)

What comes to Deathwing 'ganking' I say it is cool also. So long speed and visual is reasonable it gives nice 'PvE hazard' what to avoid (and teach people to move from 'boss ability'). Also indeed LK could had made few more appearance but in one latest quest in Icecrown regarding finding LK heart he actually could had killed you if you were too slow to move and click a portal :P. I died on purpose on once just see the dmg of his attack what he was channeling.

LK could had made some random undead army attacks on Alliance or Horde bases, like once per day he assaulted for one hour (same time each time) a random horde and alliance base same time with his minions. It would had appeared he actively tried prevent horde and alliance from digging too deep in Northerend. There was some Nerubians in horde starting base on Borean Tundra and Vyrkuls in Howling Fjord but that was pretty much it. Also overall Vyrkuls did not make much advance or even attacking during whole expansion at all really. It seems always horde and alliance toppled vyrkuls before they could even et chance launch their main offense (played Northerend as Horde so do not know how Alliance fared, in Horde end there was not much threat from vyrkuls).

Fides

I'm actually relatively new to this site, but I play WoW quite a bit.  My main used to be Jisne, Troll Rogue on Wyrmrest Accord, but I've been in the Cataclysm beta since it was Friends and Family Alpha, so I'm swapping back to my old main, Fidez on Wyrmrest Accord, a Troll Warrior.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 29, 2010, 01:06:56 AM

LK could had made some random undead army attacks on Alliance or Horde bases, like once per day he assaulted for one hour (same time each time) a random horde and alliance base same time with his minions. It would had appeared he actively tried prevent horde and alliance from digging too deep in Northerend. There was some Nerubians in horde starting base on Borean Tundra and Vyrkuls in Howling Fjord but that was pretty much it. Also overall Vyrkuls did not make much advance or even attacking during whole expansion at all really. It seems always horde and alliance toppled vyrkuls before they could even et chance launch their main offense (played Northerend as Horde so do not know how Alliance fared, in Horde end there was not much threat from vyrkuls).

Heck, I've played both ends, and the Horde were actually more under threat from the Vyrkul - they at least got a personal visit from Prince Keleseth in Vengeance Landing.

Wolfy

Yeah....it seemed Lich King was more focused on Horde. O-o

So...Cata should be focused on Alliance. *score!*

Aiden

It kind of seems that way, the first thing Deathwing is going to do in Cataclysm is burn up a part of Stormwind, new Ogrimmar looks bad ass.