Dinotopia, IC

Started by Skystomp, July 18, 2010, 04:05:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

playfullchick76

"I assumed that partnered meant..oh crap, no, I didnt mean that", she said, then laughed as she misunderstood. "No, sorry, my bad, you're just good friends. Dont translate that for Limux, lest she take it the wrong way", she pleaded, then laughed again.

"Just what would I fly here. I assume that you dont have planes like the one that I crashed here, so  I doubt that I would get the same thrill from flying whatever slow moving dirigibles you fly here. As for my artistic talent being in demand, it wasnt in demand out there, but I could give it a shot I guess, see if my style will keep me fed, housed and clothed", she added.

"From what your telling me, I'm headed there anyway, I could tell him about modern aircraft design, help him with a better design that will work. But he would need a power source, fuel of some kind".

"I'll know a lot of Dinosaur species by sight, I think, the main ones at least. So all Dinosaurs here are sentient. I did read that they were smart for their time, though some only had brains the size of a walnut, not that I'll say that to the face of one who does. Never tempt fate, thats what I like to say".

Then she was reminded of her sketch pad, at the bottom of her duffel bag, already half filled with sketches of places that she's been thinking about. Once she's at Richard and Limux's home, she'll show him.

"So how does this,, partnership start off, you just ask around, or is there a vetting process thats used to determine if your compatible", she asks.

Skystomp

"As for what you could fly? There are the Skybax of course. Imagine having a flying partner that thinks and can anticipate your moves. There are also the glider pilots at Waterfall City. They transport people and cargo from the cliffs down to the city proper."

Quote"So how does this,, partnership start off, you just ask around, or is there a vetting process thats used to determine if your compatible", she asks.

"Mmmm that depends. Some people just have a knack for similar things. Sometimes it starts at a young age, sometimes when you're older. It's a lot like making a friend. You talk, you gt to know each other and then if things mesh well you decide to work together. It's really not that complicated. Some people are better suited for some tasks and others for other tasks. Like, a lot of Oviraptor's are adept at child care and egg tending, but not many Triceratops are. Because of their height Bracisaurs make good lookouts but not many of the shorter ones want to. Jobs like those are just a few examples. Limix and I meet when we were both wandering around the edges of Rainy Basin... ah that would be the jungle we are in now. Hooked up because it's easier to run around with someone to watch your back."
The only way you fail, is by not trying.
Linkara "I read it and I wish I hadn't!"

playfullchick76

"A Skybax. I'm familiar with a lot of dinosaurs, but I dont think ive heard of one called a Skybax. Do you mean a Pteradactyl, those Ive seen  in movies. Very fast,hmm, thats definately worth thinking about. As for the cargo transporting, thats also a possibility, but not all the time".

I became a pilot to see different places, to see what was over the ocean, over the mountain range. My feet may go to sleep if i kept the same route day in and day out for,,what..40 years, how long to glider pilots do that job for", she asked him.

'I dont quite fit in here, and I'm already saying things that confuse you. You've been polite enough not to point them out, but i know I'm doing it. How am I supposed to find a partner, someone to watch my back, which is very important, when I'm missing social cues and dont even speak the language".

"If you suddenly found yourself in downtown San Diego or San Francisco, you would feel just as lost and out of place as I feel. It could be a while until I'm ready and know what it is that I can do here", she said, talking more to get it out than to truly have her questions answered. But he did get her out of her plane.

"Can you tell me more examples, I just want to know what my options are".

Skystomp

"Hmmmm." Richard said scratching his head and obviously thinking hard. "They are big, really big flyers. Quetzal something I think is what they're called outside. They are bigger and more even tempered then 'dactyls. You'll find those mostly in the cannons near the stone monuments. They're nasty tempered creatures. Given a choice I wuold rather deal with the carnivors of Rainy Basin, at least they can be bribed."
He listened to what she said and then shrugged. "It is like anything else. Out there I would have trouble to. In here you have trouble. Some of the words you use I do not understand because I don't have any reference for. Like a Bowing. I don't know what that is. It is a flying machine I assume. However, past that, I know nothing of it. There are many outsiders who show up here, a great majority of them have adapted to living here and speaking the language. I can not say if you will have problems with it, but with study and patience all things are possible."
"I do not know these places you speak of, but I am sure I would be lost and confused there. I do know that the Outside world is vastly different then Dinotopia. And I do not mean to rush you or heap another burden atop of you. You have time to decide, we don't do things in an instant. We take time and that can take years. If it takes years then it will take years. You can not rush growth or wisdom. And as for more examples?"
He threw his hands into the air in a gesture of, where to begin. "There are many things. Farmers, waste collectors, merchants, explorers, religion, health care.... as long as you are willing, patient and keep an open mind, you will find something, or even, something will find you that only you can do."

playfullchick76

'If I'm to ride something, I would prefer it to be something that agrees with me and doesnt try to buck me off, or eat me. I cant imagine that a Carnivore can be bribed not to eat you, unless you tricked it into going after a bigger non- existent target", she said.

"Ok, I'll try to think before talking so that I dont confuse you. As for Boeing, its a company that makes airplanes, starting with passenger ones, then built bombers during World War 2, B-17's and the B-29. After the war, they went back to making passenger planes, which they make to this day".

'I dont doubt that I can learn the language,and talk to Dinosaurs. I already speak two languages aside from English, Spanish and French. Learning another one would be just as easy I imagine".

"San Francisco is beautifull, a true city by the bay, and it has the Golden Gate Bridge, one of the most beautiful bridges ever built. San Diego isnt quite as good, but its a big Navy place, a lot of US Navy ships are docked there at any given time, and its where I live with my brother. He's an armorer on the  Supercarrier Carl Vinson, so he's away on deployment nine months of the year, and in return for free rent, I look after it while he's away, so it works out for both of us", she said, then fished around in her bag for the family photos that she carries around in it.

Taking out the envelope, she finds one, taken on his last deployment, with him on the flight deck of the Vinson, and showed it to Richard. "Thats him there", she said and pointed him out.

"I dont knock those that pick up trash, or..waste. From what youve said, I woudlnt be adverse to flying on a Skybax, or using my artistic skill, or, now that you mention it, an explorer doesnt sound too bad, hows the health plan", she says, and grins at that image.

"I dont know about you, but I'm hungry, are you", she says and finds the small box of honey and oats bars that she has in there, just in case something like this happens. Taking one out, she offers one to Richard, then looks to limux, unsure if Raptors would eat one.

Skystomp

"Fish. They love to eat fish but aren't very adapt at catching them. Normal practice is to carry a load of fish and then let them take it as a bribe to leave alon passing caravans. They are quite honorable. Once they give their word, they keep it unless the other party breaks it. They just don't like the civilized life. Out here, they rule by their laws, not ours. If you like this San Fran Sisco then I think you'll feel the same about Waterfall City." He looked at the picture she showed him and he was obviously amazed by it looking at it closely. "Amazing detail." When she asked about eating he looked at what she was offering. "Limix eats fish." He said fishing around in his pack and handing Limix a cloth wrapped package before handing her one of his own. Rice, spiced with some kind of spice with bits of cooked fish in it. "Fish, one of the staples of life here. We don't raise meat animals like they do Outside."

playfullchick76

"No, I can imagine that Carnivores with small arms dont have mush fishing skill. I'm trying to picture a big T-Rex with a fishing rod in his hands, maybe I'll draw that", she said, and grinned at that image.

"I'm still dealing with the fact that dinosaurs exist here, and your telling me that big Carnosaurs are..honorable, very strange", she said, glad that they dont rampage around, eating slow moving people all over this island. "So the Carnosaurs dont live all over this island, just in this Rainy Basin, maybe I can reason with them for my plane, if it survives their visit, but I hope they dont find it",she added.

"Yes it is, its taken on a standard camera, he takes them when he can. The Carl Vinson is home to 5,000 men and women, 70 aircraft, enough weapons to fight a war, but it hasnt actually had to yet, and god willing, it wont ever have to", she said. She did her best not to worry about him when he was deployed, and she was always glad to see him back at San Diego.

"Oh, I wasnt sure if she ate this, I was just being polite", she said, still offering the bar while watching Limix take the cloth wrapped package, then took  the one offered by Richard.
Opening it up, she sniffed it and sighed as it smelled good already. "Oh that smells good, Im garenteed not to starve. I happen to like fish, so I should be ok", she said and took a bite of it.

"No other meat, so no beef, chicken, lamb. None at all, just fish", she added, marvelling at that, and took another bite of her first dinotopian meal.

Skystomp

He took the bar and gave it a odd glance before taking a bite, if she ate it he could to. He chewed... and chewed and chewed some more before finally swallowing it. "That was an interesting experience. I could taste oats and honey and something else I could not identify. Must have been a spice from outside, but very tastey." He ate the rest of the bar trying to identify that elusive flavor of perservatives while listening to her talk about the Outside world. He looked uncomfortable when the aircraft carrier was meantioned but didn't say anything about it, instead commenting on, "Most of the livestock animals don't take to being rescued very well so few if any ever make it this far, that and it would be to much like eating a neighbor. The dinosaurs are intelligent, what would happen if you found out your chicken could talk to you?"

playfullchick76

"i'm glad you like it Richard, I have more if you want another one", she said with a smile and finished off her own meal that he had given her. Just as tasty and filling as well.

"If the chicken that I was about to eat could talk to me, I probably wouldnt eat it, but most of us dont see the chicken that our nuggets come from, or the cow that our hamburgers came from. Plus, we may like hamburgers and steaks, but that doesnt mean that most of us want to meet the cow,otherwise we probably wouldnt eat it", she added as he had a good point there.

"They dont talk, and I guess, we think that gives us the right to eat them, but some escape their fate, and I applaud the sheep or cow that escapes the truck taking them to their deaths, it shows  inginuity on their part."

"Do you think the Carnosaurs are tracking us, or are they most likely pre-occupied with my plane. They cant follow us to this Waterfull City..right".

Skystomp

"Hmm that could be a problem, they don't see where their food comes from. We do, we work the farms with our hands and with our friends. You'd be surprised at what tehy know about farmnig." He chewed in silence before answering. "If they are, there's nothing we can do about it. If they want us, they're going to take us and no ones going to know. Regardless of the good.... we're not supposed to be here."

playfullchick76

"Well, I dont plan on being some Carnosaurs main course. Lets keep moving and hope that they dont catch us, if they do, well, I have something that should make them find easier prey", she said, not knowng that both of them already know about the gun that she has.

"Besides, if these Carnosaurs are as intelligent and honorable as you say they are, then they should be swayed by the fact that my plane crashed,and that I had no say in my landing zone", she told them, and hoped that whatever language the Carnosaurs spoke, Limix spoke the same.

Skystomp

"No offense, but that gun you are carrying, won't do more then annoy a Carnosaur. It may end your life quickly, but not something like them. Even the... do not look so surprised. We know what a gun is." Richard said as Laura's eyes widened. "We have had issues with new arrivals and their reliance on firearms before. As I was saying, your firearm may startle a Carnosaur, but it will not stop it." He smiled at her ruefully. "I would also appreciate it if you do not cause any problems waving it around. I have taken responsibility for your actions, so any harm you do, will be my fault." He stood with her a little worried about how she would take his statement. Honestly he was surprised that her opinion matter as much as it did to him. "I can not speak for what they will think, they may be content to destroy the machine and be done with it. At least I hope that is all they will be content with doing."
"Dosh kand an iky, esh rah nes hias." (I don't sense any Carnasaurs nearby, but lets hurry anyway.) Limix said speaking again at last.
"Limix says, she doesn't sense any Carnasaurs nearby, but she wishes to hurry out of here."

playfullchick76

"You know about it, its for protection only. I was raised around firearms, so I know when and how to use them, and when not to use them", she said to that as she tried not to let her surprise show, and failed.

"You could be right, the loads in the bullets arent high, and I doubt that even a .30 calibre bullet would penetrate a Carnosaurs hide.  Its just that out there in the outside world, there are people who love guns and dont hesitate to use them to get what they want, so thats why people like me have them, to equalise the situation, if you know what I mean", she said as well.

'Ok, your the Carnosaur expert, I'll defer to your wisdom, but..if one comes close and opens its jaws to eat me, I'll draw it and take my chances. And what do you mean by taking responsibility for me..ok, whatever that means, I'm cool with that, and I wont draw my firearm unless Im out of options", she added.

"As much as that saddens me, better my plane than me,or they may not even find it, that would be even better, then theres a chance, slim,that I could return and salvage something from it. Limix, I wont argue with you on that, lead the way":, she said and continued walking, eager to get as much distance between her and this Rainy Basin as possible.

Skystomp

"I would not call myself an expert. Just that I did my research before coming here. Our first time here we left the same day after having a run in with some young Carnosaurs. We can hope they will leave it as it lays, or hangs." He said and thought about what she had said before hand. "Ah what does 'cool' mean? You are not cold are you? That would be a very bad thing here."

(OOC: want to fast forward to Waterfall city?)

playfullchick76

Laughing soflty as Richard had no idea what she was talking about, she held back the comment that sprang to mind. "It means..its good, ok, all okay, five by five. I'm not cold, the flying jacket I'm wearing keeps me warm in my plane, so down here, its just as warm", she said and thought ahead as she walked.

What would they make of her in Waterfall City, would she be asked for information about what had happened since the last outsider had been shipwrecked or crashed. Waterfall City seemed like Rome, where all roads lead to, she had a lot to learn and experience, that was for sure.

(that sounds like a good idea, fast forward at my mark..mark)

Skystomp

"Ah, another slang term. I understand."
(Mark.... whaaaaaaaa thud bump crash... ow)

After two and a half days of hard travel, all of it on foot through Rainy Basin they came to one of the crossing points, one of the extendable bridges built like giant vertabrea bones. Thankfully a caravan was nearby and they were able to grab a lift, resting their weary feet on the last leg of their journey to the cliffs of Waterfall City.

As the sun rose behind the city, on the dawn of the thid day, you could hear the muted thunder of the water as it crashed down the cliffs.
As they crested the finale ridge Richard waved at the giant city in question, home to both Dinosaurs as well as Humans. "Welcome to Waterfall City."

playfullchick76

She was no stranger to camping, she had done enough camping through California, but camping in the Rainy Basin was like no forest that she had stayed in. They found some ruins to shelter in during the nights, and badgered Richard, and even Limix for information. No matter how trivial it was, she wanted to know it.

Her first sight of the extendable bridge made her marvel at the design of it. Carnosaurs couldnt cross it, and traffic on it was one way by big dinosaurs extending out the bridge using their weight. The sight of the caravan of dinosaurs, armored to protect against Carnosaur attacks, shocked her as they were right out of a movie as well, only in the movies that she had seen, they couldnt talk.

She kept herself composed all the way on the backs of the Apatosauruses and Brachiosaurs that made up the caravan. She also got to talk to the other humans, and learned that she wouldnt need her pistol here. She also learned that there were no wars, no poverty, no violence, unless you counted the outsiders, but the people on the caravan didnt go into detail about them.

Riding on the back of the Apatosaurus was a bit like riding an elephant or camel, only it was a longer way if you fell.

The sound of falling water got closer and closer as they made it up to the cliffs. Her eyes widened at the sight of all the waterfalls, and the sounds of crashing water. Waterfall city lay before them, lit up by the morning light and looking more beautiful than even the Golden Gate Bridge when the sun shone over it in the morning.

"Woah, thats..I'm lost for words, something that doesnt happen very often", she soflty said as she took in its beauty. Reaching into her bag, she took out her cell phone, brought up the camera function of it, then took picture after picture of it. She already had a few in there of the bridge, and the armored dinosaurs,but Waterfall City was something else.

"I think I'm going to like it here", she said soflty, then grinned and gently hit his upper arm. "And..we fly down there..right", she added, unsure as she was sure that the big gliders she saw woudlnt pass an FAA inspection, but if they were good enough for Richard and Limix to use, then she was game enough to try them.

Skystomp

"This is why I did not try to explain it. It must be seen to be believed. Yes, we can take the gliders dirrectly into the city, the caravan itself will swing around the city and enter from the main bridges..." Richard started to say before being interupted by Limix.
"I'm not flying on those. You know I don't like them." Limix said chattering at Richard. "I will walk with the Caravan and meet you at home."
"Of course Limix, but she's a flyer, she can get a little something back at least, of what she lost. I'll see you when you get home. Breath Deep."
"Seek Peace." With that Limix sprinted away easily catching up with the caravan.
"She is not found of things that take her feet off the ground. She truely dislikes flying." Richard explained. "She will meet us later tonight at our house. That should give us enough time to at least get you situated and get some things done, like bath, clean clothes and food before doing the required things tomorrow morning. Unless you want to do explore?"

playfullchick76

Laughing softly once Richard had translated what Limix had said, she put her cellphone away and once again took in Waterfall City.How could she possibly fit in there, she asked herself. Taking a quick sniff of her clothes, she didnt argue when he mentioned a bath, she did need one, and some clean clothes were definately on the itinery.

"I could do with some clean clothes. How much would a set of fresh clothes cost me, or are they given out to every newcomer to Dinotopia. I'll take it like I take to most places that I visit, get myself based somewhere, bath, food, clothes, then explore, in that order", she said with an excited smile, then looked to the big gliders. The thought of designing the first airship entered her mind, but not leaving, not yet at least.

"So tell me about your house. I assume that I'll be on the couch. Thats called couch surfing on the outside, travelling and sleeping on friends couches. Saves on paying out for hotels and motels", she added as they got closer to the gliders.

"Lets race her to the City, see who gets there first".

Skystomp

"It will not cost you anything. This last trip was profitable and I still have a store of credit saved from the last time." He laughed at her sniffing. "Do not worry, I want a bath just as bad. The jungle grim gets into everything if you are not careful."

"The house? Well it is a moderate sized home for a single human and small dinosaur like Limix. There is a bath located on the bottom floor near the back and rooms on the top including a sun room for reading. I was lucky when I found it. The previous tenant was leaving to be closer to her family and children. So I took over its care. Ah... admittedly it is a bit on the crowded side. I tend to pick up items of interest when I am out. Couch?" He looked at her questioningly. "Oh no no. You will have a proper bed to sleep upon. It would be rude of me not to offer you a comfortable place to rest at night." Richard laughed again quickly unwinding now that they were closer to home again, his home at least.

"Richard, hoy choi!" The glider pilot called out.
"Jax, hoy choi! I brought someone new to Dinotopia. You will like her, she was a flyer on the outside." Richard called out in english.
Jax stepped away from the glider, he was a short muscular man who was bald as a que ball and tanned so brown he looked like he was made of rock. "Christ be praised, Richard. You always seem to find interesting things on your little trips." Jax turned to Laura and held up his hands to her. "Breath deep and Seek Peace. Name's Jax, I'm one of the Glider pilots in this area. Richard says you were a pilot in the outside world. Good to meet another pilot who doesn't need a Skybax to go flying through the air."

playfullchick76

She had found out that money had no value here. That was good, as money was the cause of, and solution to, most of lifes problems. But, as she couldnt buy clothe, foor, or a place to stay, would she barter for things, trade, that made her think.

Since crashlanding here, she had seen things, and done things that would have shocked most people. Yet she still didnt want to leave, not until she had seen all that this island, lost from the prying eyes of the outside world, had to offer.

"Nothing, I'm glad to hear that, but I dont like to rely on charity any more than I have to. I intend to  sing for my supper, figurately speaking. There has to be something that I can do for you, or for Waterfall City at some point", she replied and listened to Richard as he told her about his house. She was sure that she would like it, as it would have the personality of Limix and Richard in it.

"I wont say no to a proper bed, I thank you", she said to that and stepped up to the glider. Up close, it looked bigger and sturdier than she had realised.
Turning her attention to Jax, she smiled as he looked like something that someone had made out of rocks and clay, but he was the pilot of the glider, and handled it with the same skill that she had handled her plane.

"Breathe deep and seek peace to you as well. I hope I said that right, I'ts good to meet you Jax. I was, one of the more..hotshot pilots out there in the world, taking on the jobs that not many others would for the green. Still, what I've seen so far has had the wow factor about it, but this city, and your glider..thats something else".

"No, I liked hauling freight from island to island, or tourists. Doing those jobs gave me the hours in the air to pay for my plane and gave me the freedom to be my own boss. As to my crashlanding here, I would be happy to tell it to you later on, once I've had a shower and a meal", she added to him, deciding that she liked him already and smiling at him.

Skystomp

Jax grinned at her like a student who got something correct on the first try. "Indeed you did!" He grinned at her in a roguish sort of way. "You're like those bomber pilots we got a ways back. Hotshots all of them. I think it runs in the blood. We live for the thrill and adrenaline. This thing is my pride and joy. Nothing like riding the thermals when you're alone... or for that matter when you've got passengers who don't mind a good thrill now and again. Did you do passenger runs with your own craft?"

Quote from: playfullchick76 on September 02, 2010, 08:55:33 AM"No,  I liked hauling freight from island to island, or tourists. Doing those jobs gave me the hours in the air to pay for my plane and gave me the freedom to be my own boss. As to my crashlanding here, I would be happy to tell it to you later on, once I've had a shower and a meal", she added to him, deciding that she liked him already and smiling at him.

"Ah some of the most important jobs of all and some of the least highly looked upon. I can understand that. Pester Richard here about some of his close calls. He's got his own addiction to thrills. Then after you've had some time to rest and get aquainted you're more then welcome to head for my home. Richard knows where it is. Mara, myself and all the younglings will enjoy having someone else to cook for. However, if you're ready hop aboard through there and we'll get underway. Just make sure to strap yourselves in good and tight." Jax said pointing at a collection of boards and straps and giving Richard a meaningful look. Richard in the meantime had the good graces to look abashed and did as he was told.

playfullchick76

"Bomber pilots, They would have to be Brits or my fellow Americans Im guessing, you had to be hotshots to get in a bomber  and risk life and limb..literally in some cases, to hit your target and get back safely. I can see that your proud of this glider, it shows", she said with a grin and looked at Richard.

"I've done just about every extreme thing I an think of. Abseiling, skydiving, I have over 200 solo jumps to my name, Canyon swinging, white water rafting, and most roller coaster rides that I could do", she added.

"As long as you love what you do, thats the main thing. Oh I intend to ask him about his close calls now, remaining on station in the Rainy Basin of all places is hazardous enough, so he would have stories", she said, not surprised that Jax would have a family.

"Sure, We'd love to swing by your place for a meal and good conversation. Oh we're ready alright", she added and climbed up with Richard helping her up. Once she was up, she gave Richard a hand up, then sat down on one of the boards, strapped herself in, then took out the gun and put it into her bag. The last thing she wanted was for it to fall out on the flight in and end up in the hands of some curious kids.

"He's quite a character, Jax, I know that I'm going to like him. But dont worry, he cant steal your thunder", she whispers to Richard while they sit there.

Skystomp

Jax laughed. "Wait till you try wave skipping with a Bracio. You'll love it. Excellent, now that you're all buttoned in lets go!" With that Jax pushed off the edge of the cliff and began banking into a thermal and spiraling in towards the landing pad on the edges of the huge stone city.

Richard cracked one eye open and glanced at Laura. "Good to know." He squeeked and closed the eye again clutching the buckels. Heights no problem. Giant carnosaurs... pssht. Flying through the air... minor problem. Whatever his problem with glying was, it didn't happen on this particular flight. Either Jax wasn't pulling pranks, Richard was afraid of flying or maybe it had something to do with this incident they kept refering back and forth to. Either way the flight took them over a portion of the city giving Laura a birds eye view of some of the business going on. Dinosaurs in brightly colored cloth coverings, people of all shapes, sizes and colors walking around and flying creatures the world of science never even guessed existed flew through the upper reaches. Some even came up high enough to eye the glider before dropping back down to land on stalls selling everything from rocks to fruit to things that looked like giant pet supplies.

The landing pad itself was a large, almost the size of a normal house, with a raised butress of three of the four sides. The fourth side was a ramp leading out into the air above the falls. A broad ramp lead down to street level on the opposite side. "There you go kids. Have fun and don't do anything I wouldn't do." Jax said waving from his spot as pilot as he turned the glider around. "Though, that really doesn't leave much you can do does it. Enjoy yourselves you two and we'll see you when you get around to it."
"Take care of yourself and your flying Jax." Richard said more calm now that he was back on the ground again.

playfullchick76

Laughing back at Jax, she would definately look him up after she was settled in here. She was no stranger to hang gliding, but this was something else. She was used to driving, not being driven, she told herself as Jax pushed off the edge of the cliff and banked up, using the thermals like any glider or hang gliding pilot would have.

She felt a thrill as they spiraled in, diving down to the city. One glance at Richard told her that he wasnt enjoying it as much. Laughing and urging Jax on, she half expected him to perform a barrel roll, but he held back, perhaps to spare himself and Laura seeing Richards last meal come out.

Looking over the edge, her eyes took in even more new sights and surprises. Dinosaurs the likes she hadnt seen outside a movie or animotronic show moved below her, decked out in bright cloths, with unknown symbols and signs on them. There was a mixture of people down there as well, dealing in commerce, but she saw no signs of trouble. She found it hard to beleive that everyone co-existed peacefully here, true world peace and an example to the rest of the world that it could happen.

Grinning as several strange flying creatures flew up to get a good look at the glider, and her, she reached out for them, but they were just out of reach. She had no idea what most things on sale down at the stalls were,but she would find out. She always landed on her feet no matter what, and Dinotopia was no different to San Diego, only it was cleaner.

She didnt want the flight to end, but all good things had to end at some point. Sighing as Jax brought the glider in onto the landing pad, and landed it with the ease of someone who had done this a thousand times before, she grinned as Richard only now opened his eyes to confirm that they were back on the ground.

Standing up, she helped Richard out of the glider as he was a bit shaky on his feet. "That was incredible Jax, just incredible. Thank you for the flight", she said and reached into her bag for her emergency money. Even though they didnt use money, she wanted to give him something for the flight. Taking out a five dollar note, she gave it to him.

"Outside Dinotopia, thats whats said to be a good tip", she said and stood beside Richard next to the glider, then stepped away from it as it was turned around, ready to be relaunched into the air.

"Actually, it encompases a lot of things, but you're giving me ideas about things that I can do", she added with a grin and let Richard lead the way, down the side of the landing pad and out into the City proper. From the very first second that she walked from the glider, her senses were assaulted by new sights and sounds, from brightly colored merchants and storeowners, to feathered birds flying around. One landed near her and to her shock, talked to the merchant that it had landed near.

Two huge triceratops walked by, clad in bright cloths and what looked like symbols, letters, but in a langauge that she didnt understand. She definately stood out in her cargo pants and flying jacket, ensuring that she got plenty of stares, but no hostile ones, merely curious ones.

"I feel like I'm eight again and walking into a new school', she said softly to Richard. She was in Richards element here, he knew where up and down was here, while she looked at everything, drawn to what she was seeing for the first time.