News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

War of the Clans: Blood on the Scales [Open]

Started by The Golden Touch, April 25, 2014, 06:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Golden Touch

Welcome to my interest check for War of the Clans. Most people either know me, or know of me. This is my sixth year on Elliquiy and I miss the chaos of a group game and leading my friends on an adventure to risk life and limb for the greater good- or bad! I have played a lot of Dungeons & Dragons under a DM that had one goal in mind... Our deaths. I'm not quite as rough, but it will definitely not be a cake walk. In this game, I will be primarily a GM, though my NPCs will appear strategically as needed. Just to be clear... This is not a system game. There will not be any dice to roll, but there will be a GM prompt to guide your group in their next direction. If you've read the World Building thread, you'll see I've tried to get some of the specifics in if I can. This is recruitment for the first chapter of the campaign only.

The idea!
There are many paths that the fight between good and evil take, twisting and shaping the combatants into something devoid of the ability to be what they once were. This war hangs heavy over two of the species living on Jat'sura. The Clan Rakshasa and Clan Deva are as explicitly bound together as they are at odds with one another. The fighting has not boiled over to include the rest of the planet, but the battle rages on and on. Not to sound so close to a twice-cursed Shakespearean play, but these two Clans have fought a millennium old war among themselves. Their battles and intrigue are continuous and ongoing to gain the most power and political standing. Perhaps sometimes, they are unsure of the why or how except for the unexplainable pull to continue.

How bright does your light shine? (Deva)
Abeir are the master race, created as the ultimate weapon as gods waged war between themselves. Those that stuck with almost single-minded intensity to the one true book of laws believed themselves the better breed, the true Abeir. Deva placed confidence in the idea that they were the only species worthy to retain the power of rebirth to further show their worship to their Gods. Their hatred for the defected, the Rakshasa, was an unfailing fountain. In six reincarnations, Tavar only grew into his role, keeping his people on the path to true mastery of themselves and the ways of their kind.  So recently had the plagues been set upon the outlying cities around the capital city, Nair'tya. Only now had the King called together what would could be called a war council...

How far will you go...? (Rakshasa)
However similar the Abeir were, they cut themselves off and adopted new names, new cultures, and new ways to say they were the better breed. Deva believes themselves to be the only species that maintained their creators' laws and guidelines. Rakashasa were different in the beginning, and only turned more as the centuries of battle wore on. They adopted blood rituals, and dark magics. The dark ones fought to cleanse themselves of their selfless natures. In a Civil War such as this, none could back down. They were created to be perfect warriors, and now the demon side would take matters into their own hands to slow any rebirths of their former kin...

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

The Golden Touch

Guidelines

Rules
1. Being respectful
2. Dealing with drama and other forms of nastiness will be dealt with in PM, with or without GM running interference.
3. GM(s) have final decision power. PM with issues on this matter.

Character Creation
1. Player characters will chose Deva or Rakshasa only. No other species.
2. Age requirements- Only zero to three reincarnations (Each lifetime can be from 1 to 95 years)
3. Refer to Deva or Rakshasa physically description paragraphs for examples of coloring for hair, skin tone, etc.
4. Positions of power are not open to play (King, Queen, Generals, Guild Leaders, well known Heroes, etc).
5. One character per player.

Roleplaying
1. There are no warnings for Godmodding, Metagaming, etc.
2. Killing characters has a time and place. GM approval is required for PC/NPCs.
3. Literacy: Two plus paragraphs is the requirement, with a decent stab at keeping to correct spelling, grammar and punctuation if possible.
4. One to two posts per week depending on the number of players involved (5 or more).
5. GMs will post next prompt after all players have posted.

The Golden Touch

Character Skeleton

Profiles will be accepted by PM only.
[float=left][img height=400]Image link[/img][/float][center][glow=antiquewhite,2,300][size=18pt][font=papyrus][i]Character Name[/i][/font][/size][/glow][/center]
[hr][hr]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Orientation:[/b]
[b]Clan || position:[/b] (Clan is Deva/Rakshasa, positions can be soldier, cleric, sorcerer, rogue, etc)

[b]Eye Color:[/b]
[b]Hair Color:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
- Deva are 6'5" (On the short side) and 7'4"(On the tall side)
- Rakshasa are 5'0" to 6'2" (Female), 5'11 to 7'1" (Male)
[b]Appearance:[/b] (You must use a written description (Five sentence paragraph minimum. A picture is allowed and appreciated.)

[b]Personality:[/b] (Three or more sentences)

[b]Skills/Abilities:[/b] (This can be fighting skills, or hobbies, etc. I will be reading these, so be prepared if I choose to veto something. Be specific. No generalizations!)
[b]Weakness:[/b] (You must have two or more weaknesses, no one is perfect.)

[b]History:[/b] (Two to three paragraphs minimum.)

The Golden Touch

Interested Players

Deva
Kiric Rand
IrishWolf
Tydorei
Chronoclasm
Rakshasa
Godric the Radical
Aiden
SinxAzgard21
Amelita
Drake Valentine
OrihsVastusIra
Undecided

The Golden Touch

The Golden Touch

GM Note
Interest thread is Open!

Metro Mech

This looks interesting, so this is the war between the two?
Currently looking for a RP? Why not give my Thread a little look see, see if you can't find something you like?
A/A <- check here if I haven't replied in some time
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
Behold my O/O

The Golden Touch

Quote from: Godric the Radical on April 26, 2014, 11:02:06 AM
This looks interesting, so this is the war between the two?

This is the continued story of the war. The King of the Deva is more than a few centuries old from his six reincarnations (roughly 100 years each or so).

Metro Mech

Well I would like to join the side of Rakshasa
Currently looking for a RP? Why not give my Thread a little look see, see if you can't find something you like?
Behold my O/O

Aiden

The Golden Touch

Aiden

Metro Mech

One question, is the Rakshasa the cat people?
Behold my O/O

The Golden Touch

Quote from: Godric the Radical on April 26, 2014, 11:41:53 AM
One question, is the Rakshasa the cat people?

In Dungeons & Dragons, yes they are the cat people. Appearance wise, they can be closer to a feline if you prefer, however I've also accepted characters more demon features. You can take a peek at the Queen of the Rakshasa for my idea. What comes to mind for you when you think of a twisted, corrupt once-upon-a-time good guy?

The Golden Touch

Metro Mech

Quote from: The Golden Touch on April 26, 2014, 11:48:53 AM
In Dungeons & Dragons, yes they are the cat people. Appearance wise, they can be closer to a feline if you prefer, however I've also accepted characters more demon features. You can take a peek at the Queen of the Rakshasa for my idea. What comes to mind for you when you think of a twisted, corrupt once-upon-a-time good guy?

I was right and I think that would work. Yes I would like to see your idea and when I think that I think my character which his much like septhrioth.
Behold my O/O

The Golden Touch

Quote from: Godric the Radical on April 26, 2014, 12:16:03 PM
I was right and I think that would work. Yes I would like to see your idea and when I think that I think my character which his much like septhrioth.

You should take a look at the World Building thread, especially the Rakshasa section because it has the Queen's appearance. To clarify... You want him to look like Sephiroth? Seems a bit more Deva like to me... But if you can write a cohesive description to go along with an image- I suppose it can work.

Metro Mech

No when I thought of the semi-evil character and plus Sephiroth is more of a mixture between the two. I would do something else like a wisp or Xyloxi
Behold my O/O

The Golden Touch

Quote from: Godric the Radical on April 26, 2014, 12:35:38 PM
No when I thought of the semi-evil character and plus Sephiroth is more of a mixture between the two. I would do something else like a wisp or Xyloxi

The semi-evil personality of Sephiroth is not in question, his appearance is however. If you take into the account a feline appearance, or demon one, Rakshasa end up being the animals of the equation. They're not inhumanly beautiful creatures that are as near to angels as you can get... They're disturbing and grotesquely beautiful in their own way.

Its also a good thing that good and evil is pretty black and white here- no inbetween. ^^

Metro Mech

Quote from: The Golden Touch on April 26, 2014, 12:42:40 PM
The semi-evil personality of Sephiroth is not in question, his appearance is however. If you take into the account a feline appearance, or demon one, Rakshasa end up being the animals of the equation. They're not inhumanly beautiful creatures that are as near to angels as you can get... They're disturbing and grotesquely beautiful in their own way.

Its also a good thing that good and evil is pretty black and white here- no inbetween. ^^

As I thought but I want to be something of a different origin of the greatest ability. That is why I would be a wisp or a Xyloxi. They are the creation of magic but they have loyalty to those that do the creation of them so that is why your character could have created my character
Behold my O/O

The Golden Touch

Quote from: Godric the Radical on April 26, 2014, 12:51:34 PM
As I thought but I want to be something of a different origin of the greatest ability. That is why I would be a wisp or a Xyloxi. They are the creation of magic but they have loyalty to those that do the creation of them so that is why your character could have created my character

I am not accepting other species, as listed in the Character Creation Guidelines.

Metro Mech

I know that, I was talking about my creature being more magically inclined because of the creature that had been presiding in his body
Behold my O/O

The Golden Touch

Quote from: Godric the Radical on April 26, 2014, 12:58:01 PM
I know that, I was talking about my creature being more magically inclined because of the creature that had been presiding in his body

Thank you for being creative and trying to make it different. However, the answer is no.

Metro Mech

What I meant is that the creature would be a familiar, you know a NPC. I would like that to happen as I would play a standard character like I have been saying all along
Behold my O/O

Aiden

Goldie do you have the link to my old sheet? I do want to do some changes but overall keeping it the same.

And I WILL be a sky pirate! You will give in to me!