The Voyeurs [MUL] (or possibly UN) - Guaging Interest

Started by Starchaser, October 14, 2008, 03:43:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starchaser

I have an idea for a game I could run but I want to guage interest first.

The year is 2140 and personal technology has made some significant advances. TV shows can now be experienced in a new way. With the right cybernetic implant a viewer can get a TV feed fed directly into their brain, experiencing everything the characters on the screen can feel.

It is also a time of global metdown. The Earth is polluted and resources are running out. Mankind has set up colonies on Mars and the moon but the light barrier has not been breached. Overcrowding is becoming a big problem and violence and rioting is commonplace. Because of this most of the jaded population have taken to their TV sets and shut themselves away from the world outside.

Now, somebody has found the scripts an old TV show from a few hundred years ago. A show called "Big Brother". Suddenly a new show is being hyped about. This show, called the Voyeurs, will follow a simular format to the ancient "Big Brother" show. Several contenstants will be chosed by audition to live out several weeks of their lives on a space station in an undisclosed location. Each week two contestants will be nominated for eviction and one of them will leave. This will continue until only one contestant is left and they will win 500,000 credits worth of prize money.

There will be some dark twists to this idea that I can't reveal to prospective players. Lets just say that the game will seem just like Big Brother at first, but by the end it will become something far more sinister.

Anyone interested in this PM me or reply to this thread. I envisage abour 6 or 7 players with me adding about four NPCs into the mix.

If this game gets run I will be posting to it twice per week (on Tuesdays and Thursdays) so I'm not expecting a super fast posting rate off people.

Nephili

I'm always a fan of 'sinister'... If you've still got room, sounds very interesting!

Samhain

Starchaser

O.K. Since I have some interest, here is an application form for the game. Can all interested parties please fill in this form and PM it to me? Once I have enough people I'll get a game set up.

I'm looking for an even mix of men and women for this one.

----

Player Turn ons and turn offs:

Just so I know what I need to do to keep players happy and what to avoid like the plague.

Character Information

Full name:
Ethnic Origin:
Place of Residence: As Well as Earth you could be from Mars, The Moon, a mining colonist living near the asteroid belt.

Any Augmentations / Genetic modifications:

Description

Please be as detailed as possible with this one.

Sexual Orientation:
Greatest desires:
Worst fears:
Biggest turn ons:
Biggest turn offs:

Why does the character want a place on the show and what do they expect to get out of the experience

Personality

Please be as detailed as possible.

Shady secrets

If there is anything about the character or their past that only the GM should know then state here.

Equipment

You are allowed to take a suitcase of clothing with you. In addition you are allowed to take four additional items with you. These items must not be electronic in nature. There should provide no means of secret communication with each other or the outside world. No reading material is allowed.

Background history

Audition Video

In the real Big Brother contestants would create an audition video. I would like your character to do the same and describe it here.