Dungeon Crawl Mafia - Game Over (Anyone May post here now!)

Started by RedPhoenix, January 26, 2016, 02:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remiel

Healy McHealton had ample reason to be embarrassed.  Not only had the bag-toter, who the cleric had been suspicious of, turned out to be on the side of good, he was a fellow worshipper of the divine gods!  Furthermore, the strange little Trump goblin, whom Healy had placed his trust in, had absconded with their treasure!

"Don't I feel a right muggins," he simmered, his cheeks glowing red.  "It appears I have been fooled completely."

He made the party stop so he could administer last rites to Twitch.  He wrapped the body in a linen shroud, and spent some time digging a hole so he could give the man a proper burial.

"Yes, I am a magic user," he said, once he had finished.  Wiping his brow with an arm, he said, "I can Bless one person per night, so that their votes the subsequent day count twice as much as everyone else's.  And no, I cannot use this ability upon myself."

Mintprincess

Mintiliciousness wandered after Healy, still crying and watching as he buried the remains of Twitch the human, who had been good.  Really good.    "I use magic too," she offered, glancing back at the Blythe who had mentioned his ability to seek out those who used it.  She wondered if he'd tried that on her, and if his vote for her the second day hadn't been 'random' at all.  "Your blessing would matter most if we were to actually vote." she said to the healer.  Then back at the Blythe, "Did you have a reason for your chosing of James?"

Remiel

At Metaknight's exclamation that anyone who wanted to continue exploring was, de facto, evil, Healy McHealton threw his hands up in exasperation.

"What are we supposed to do then?!" he shouted.  "Just sit on our asses and wait to be picked off, one by one?  At this point, we still have no information whatsoever.  For the gods' sakes, we don't even know how many traitors we are dealing with!  It could be one, or it could be five.   If you have an idea of who the evildoers are, sir, by all means, let us know!   The only person of whom I was suspicious is now dead, and it turns out I could not have been more wrong!"

He grumbles.  "If you have any information, then please share it.  Otherwise, I suggest we all draw lots, let the gods decide whom we expel from the party, and continue onward."

I am voting to Explore!

I am voting to give Strangefate the Boots!

Blythe

Blythe says to Mint, "Yes, I do have a reason. Since progressing in the dungeon is potentially dangerous, and since not voting to lynch leaves more villains among us, I looked for people who voted for both of those things, who voted to lynch no-one and who voted to explore. James is simply one of the people who did that. Is it the best reason for a vote? No. But it is not a vote without basis."

Galactic Druid

Whelp, I've got all the info I need. No kill vote, plus a vote to explore, and a Veteran player...

This is my VOTE! I am voting for Remiel!
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Derwaysh

Quote from: RedPhoenix on February 01, 2016, 08:40:57 PM
Derwaysh has run off with the BIG SHINY, fulfilled his victory condition, and WON THE GAME. He was the Lone Goblin, a Third Party Chaotic Neutral Goblin Thief. He had a fakeclaim as a Halfling Rogue, but he never used it.

Derwaysh has also stolen the Ring of Friendship.

You lie, GM! We lost the Iowa caucus, precious! :'(

But ring of friendship... I don't know about making dungeon great but dungeon certainly made goblin-Trump great again. Cheers folks! ;D
And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days

Remiel

Will someone explain to me how voting to explore the dungeon is evil?!?    All we know is that certain players  MAY be killed if we do it.   We don't know if it kills only good players, or if it can kill good and evil ones alike.  For all I know,  RPGuy is so against it because he's been warned he may be vulnerable if we press forward.

Blythe

Blythe says, "I was afraid of this. I was the one who did post that exploring the dungeon could result in death. Which it can. I do get that it's not a guaranteed thing (and true that I don't know if it affects bad buys or not), but since we've explored more than once now and people have presumably leveled up or gotten more powers, it seems prudent to not take such a risk at this juncture and, while our numbers are still high for the good guys, have good guys use their powers to optimal effect during this next night and not give the bad guys chances to level up further. "

Verasaille

Tisha the Tiefling smiled at her new shade of skin. "I kind of like purple, it feels kind of regal." she turned around a few times, preening.

"As for the goblin, well you all knew how I was suspicious of him! However that does bring up something interesting. If Trump Goblin was neutral and Seranova was good, then we still have evil ones among us. How many I do not know. I should say however, to the handsome Blyth, I am also a magic user. So you need not waste your ability on me. Just being a magic user does not make someone evil."

Tisha strolls over to the dwarf, "Xavier, I am sorry you lost that treasure, I am sure it would have been useful to you." she smiles as he admires her marvelous new color.

Glancing at the Minty dwarf, Tisha scowls. "I am very suspicious that you actually talked with Seranova. I thought we were not speaking to each other at night. How is it you two became involved? Could it be you lured him to his death? That pathetic excuse of a Seer talking to him is very convenient."

The Healy priest suddenly looks more suspicious as he wants to continue exploring, and he thinks it is a good idea to let the Gods decide who dies? "Now that is an alarming decision! We can't be softhearted and expect the evil doer to be nice if we vote for no one!! I think we need to look at who is remaining suspiciously quiet."

This is my VOTE! I am voting for ((James Moriarty))

This is my Vote.  I Vote Not to Explore

As long as we can vote for ourselves, I will gladly wear the boots, might take a bit of squeezing to her my cloven feet in them...but why not?
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

persephone325

Quote from: Blythe on February 01, 2016, 11:51:30 PM
Blythe says, "I was afraid of this. I was the one who did post that exploring the dungeon could result in death. Which it can. I do get that it's not a guaranteed thing (and true that I don't know if it affects bad buys or not), but since we've explored more than once now and people have presumably leveled up or gotten more powers, it seems prudent to not take such a risk at this juncture and, while our numbers are still high for the good guys, have good guys use their powers to optimal effect during this next night and not give the bad guys chances to level up further. "

I'd love to help the good guys, but all my abilities are passive and only during the day phase. v.v
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

King Serperior

Xavier nods when the Tiefling speaks to Blythe the Elf, "Ay, no need to waste power on me.  I am but a Dwarf.  My skills come from my physical prowess, not magic."  He shakes his head sadly when the Tiefling brings up the crown and waves the thought aside, "I have had bad luck with treasure.  This won't be the first nor the last."

As the others speak, Xavier remains silent for a long time before speaking up, "I no longer have a reason to continue onwards, so I shall abstain from voting whether or not to continue exploring.  For the life of me, I have lost all want to explore further, but if the group wishes, I shall not back away if you wish to continue deeper into the mine.  As for the boots, I could certainly use a new pair seeing as mine are coated with insect blood and smell horrid.  I won't fight you for them, but such boots might be useful if I happen across someone suspicious in the night.  The last thing I want is for another to die because I was no longer vigilant.  For now, I will abstain votes until I have more information."

I think ((I)) Should have the Boots of Elvenkind!

((OOC - As a disclaimer, I am not arguing over ownership of the boots and am fine not having them at all.  I just figured they could be useful and someone may thank me later.))

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

RedPhoenix

Votecount!

Elimination

2 - James Moriarty (Blythe, Verasaille)
1 - Remiel (ThatRPGuy)
1 - Nobody (Strangefate)

Exploration

2 - Against (Strangefate, Verasaille)
1 - In Favor (Remiel)

(You don't need to vote against exploring, since not exploring wins by default, but since people are voting for it I may as well count it!)

Boots of Elvenkind

2 - Strangefate (Remiel, Strangefate)
1 - King Serperior (King Serperior)
1 - Verasaille (Verasaille)

With 11 votes in Play, it will take 6 to decide! The day will end 6 PM PST on Friday, or when a party member has six votes to be thrown out!
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Galactic Druid

Remi, I'd think it was fairly obvious. I even explained it during day phase two;

Right now, we have 10 people remaining. In a 13 player game, 2 or 3 of them are likely to be evil, thought how many we don't know. Already, that's 20-30% of the player base. Keep in mind that we need to have the votes united among more that 50% of the players to even get a kill. Numbers are out biggest advantage, and taking risks that dwindle that advantage seems unwise. Yes, we could get a new power for the good guys, but it's equally likely the bad guys could end up with an ability that gives them an extra kill, or even worse, recruit one of our own to their side.

That was my argument before I learned a few posts ago that exploring the dungeon can also be deadly to our party. Now it seems like an even worse idea. Every day we continue, especially without a kill, we risk losing another good guy while the bad guys get stronger.

As for why I'm looking at you specifically, the vote to explore, the fact that you haven't decisively voted on a player yet, despite your argument that we need to, are all good signs to me. On top of that, You've claimed to be our healer from day one, which makes me kind of curious how you're even still alive. If I was a bad guy, the person claiming healer would be my first target, the only exception to that being if another player made a suggestion that they were a role akin to the Seer.

That said, the power you described sounds believable. Either you're making an excellent fake claim (which is within your abilities, I know how smart you are), or you might actually be an ally. I'd be willing to change my vote is someone can give me a good reason or if it makes the difference between the party getting a kill or not.

Honestly, if everyone thinks that I'm lying, you should probably just kill me. Once my alignment is revealed, hopefully the good guys will take my opinions under consideration before it's too late. Contrary to what you believe, I'm not afraid to die in this game. I've already lost my roleplay victory the moment our Trump goblin (AKA my undying love) scampered out of the thread.

On that same note, can we all take a moment to applaud Derwaysh? He had the option to make a false claim, and instead, he completely owned his real role as a greedy goblin, played it hilariously, and still won. That is off the chain.

Remiel

Well, given that the alternative is simply sitting on our hands and doing nothing, I'd rather do something.   Let's face it--any time in these mafia games there's an option to vote for nobody, it's going to be extremely difficult to get a consensus to vote for anybodyEspecially given the game's condition that we have to have a majority vote instead of simply a plurality.  I mean, sure, we could all vote for James Moriarty, or, well, myself, but, let's face it, either of those votes would be random.

To be brutally honest, I was going to vote for Seranova.  I am embarrassed to admit that, given how wrong I turned out to be, but it is the truth.  His behavior was fishy to me.   Now that he's dead, I have absolutely no idea who the culprit(s) is/are.   I've never played this game before, I have no idea how it works, so I am working on absolutely zero information.    I have no idea what, if any, part alignment plays.   I don't even know how many bad guys there are.  I don't know anything.

If you have a plan, then by all means, let us know.  Otherwise we might as well just roll the dicebot to tell us who to vote for.  If my number comes up,  I will gladly leave the party.

I do agree with you, though, Derwaysh's performance was absolutely phenomenal and he will be missed.

Sigh.  I guess I will vote for James, not because of any reason, but simply because it is better than doing absolutely fuckall.  This is my vote! I am voting for <<James Moriarty>>.

Mintprincess

-applauds Der for being awesome!-

"Well," said the minty-dwarf, "I'm inclined to wonder just how 'random' some of these guesses are.  Healy, I can guarentee that Sera was good as his chosen mason buddy I got a copy of his role description from red upon his death.  He was definitely truthful and definitely good and I was his choice of partner to converse with during the night. (We might not have just conversed just sayin')  And I believe you, despite you being always evil.  I'm honestly less inclined to believe the people who have been throwing out 'random' votes, because the evil trio? duo? people? know who is good and evil.  Thus, I feel we should focus our efforts on Blythe or Versaille, as I don't trust them at all.  I've also had magic... when I cast a spell upon someone to check their alignment, funny things happen." She motioned to the Teifling.  "She's Chaotic."

She gave the burial place of poor Twitchy one last look and then headed to Remy's side.  "Your magic is powerful if you chose someone who is good.  Are you sure you have no idea between those of us left who is good?" 

This is my VOTE! I am voting for VERSAILLE

(sorry dear! Your character is awesome, but I just don't trust her)

I am VOTING to EXPLORE THE DUNGEON!

I am voting to give Remiel the Boots!

Galactic Druid

Hold up, if we're going by classic RPG alignments, honestly lawful and chaotic mean nothing, as there's such a thing as lawful evil and chaotic good (for example, every character I've ever made in DnD/PF). If you saw good/evil, that would be one thing, but I don't feel by itself chaotic is a strong enough reason to vote someone off.

Remiel

Agreed.  If she was Chaotic Evil, that would be one thing, but I don't think Chaotic by itself is enough evidence to go on.  Hell, just by virtue of the fact that she's a Tiefling puts her in the Chaotic spectrum, I believe.

And yes, I quite literally know absolutely nothing about anyone at this juncture.  I can buff people, but I have no idea if the people I'm buffing are good or evil...

Galactic Druid

Also, I thought we didn't vote against exploring the dungeon, but if we're counting against votes, I vote against exploring the dungeon!

Mintprincess

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on February 02, 2016, 11:14:07 PM
Hold up, if we're going by classic RPG alignments, honestly lawful and chaotic mean nothing, as there's such a thing as lawful evil and chaotic good (for example, every character I've ever made in DnD/PF). If you saw good/evil, that would be one thing, but I don't feel by itself chaotic is a strong enough reason to vote someone off.
Lol, I know that! I just think she's evil anyway :P

(and I was more pointing to how adament they've been about offing someone every single round when we still know nothing)   

James Moriarty

Nervously adjusting the strings of his mandolin of tears +1, James offers in a quavering voice, "Well, this is an uncomfortable position for a minstrel and story-teller such as myself, but, I cannot vote for the healer who would cast me aside as I still believe our party needs his services!. So I must cast my vote for Verasaille, at least partly out of mere self-preservation!"

Verasaille

Tisha huffs at the Minty Dwarf, "I will admit I am Chaotic Good! But I certainly do not recall seeing you and the poor bagman doing...er...anything, I still suspect you. But I also suspect a Bard who is trying very hard to appear innocent. No change in my votes as of yet."

"If you must know, my devilish diety is demanding blood!! So much blood!! When will it stop!! I have to vote for someone to satisfy her! I am compelled! When is it enough? I would rather the evil ones who are killing us suffer than my good hearted companions!"
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Galactic Druid

So basically you're claiming to have a role akin to village idiot, you have to vote for an elimination?

This presents a problem; if we have a player who cannot vote for no one, that also means we likely have a pacifist who can never vote for a kill...

RedPhoenix

Votecount!

Elimination

3 - James Moriarty (Blythe, Remiel, Verasaille)
2 - Verasaille (James Moriarty, Mintprincess)
1 - Remiel (ThatRPGuy)
1 - Nobody (Strangefate)

Exploration

3 - Against (Strangefate, ThatRPGuy, Verasaille)
2 - In Favor (Mintprincess, Remiel)

(You don't need to vote against exploring, since not exploring wins by default, but since people are voting for it I may as well count it!)

Boots of Elvenkind

2 - Strangefate (Remiel, Strangefate)
1 - King Serperior (King Serperior)
1 - Remiel (Mintprincess)
1 - Verasaille (Verasaille)

With 11 votes in Play, it will take 6 to decide! The day will end 6 PM PST on Friday, or when a party member has six votes to be thrown out!

Nobody is at risk of Modkill anymore! But please do try to post more if you are average less than a post a day!
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Galactic Druid

Say, Fate, I'd sure like to know why you've voted for Nobody on day 3...

Mintprincess

Dwarf mint says a chaotic good person who has to kill to satisfy a blood deity doesn't really sound like a GOOD character. And I can't imagine her admitting to being chaotic evil :p

Dwarf minty is chaotic neutral, which explains why she loves to spin! And talk about herself in third person! And of course the teifling wouldn't see a super secret meeting with twitch and dwarf. Since when does that stuff get posted publicly when it's meant to be 'masonically buddy private' (or so I was told/ read in the role description!)

*stands by my vote. <3