On a Quest to Rediscover - D&D 5th ed - Recruitment

Started by Sain, August 12, 2016, 01:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

How big of a group are you going for? We have 9 applications and the original post says the ship has room for 10....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Premier

Said 5-6 Crew in the Original post! I think the rest of the spots are for NPC's we find along the way.

Or more place to stash loot. Can never have enough loot stashing space.

CeruleanSerenity

Why not both? NPCs can count as loot.

Just pile them together like some sort of harem-hoarding dragon.

HopeFox

I'm hoping to bring back at least one new wife. I've only got two, and one of them is human, so I'll need a new one soon!
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

Guancyto

With Druids we're gonna need some room for a botany lab/conservatory, too.

You can fit a crew of thousands if most of them happen to be plants and insects, and when worst comes to worst you can defend the ship with BEES.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Guancyto

Hmph. Everyone else wants to bring aboard their honeys...

Sain

Quote from: Premier on August 16, 2016, 01:32:33 AM
Said 5-6 Crew in the Original post! I think the rest of the spots are for NPC's we find along the way.

Or more place to stash loot. Can never have enough loot stashing space.

Yeah, as said in the first post it is gonna be 5-6 person party. The extra space is for the party to put their bee keeping equipment, flower pots and random shizzle they find on the journey there. Possibly also for storing wives and other NPCes. I definitely encourage turning the ship really homely by hauling all the random shit you find on it ;D
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

A Painter

Quote from: CeruleanSerenity on August 16, 2016, 01:49:00 AM
Why not both? NPCs can count as loot.

Agreed.  I had one campaign, with a similar concept to this except it was dimensions rather than a world, and we eventually collected a whole caravan of NPCs with different functions.  While most of what they did was babysit our gryphon and horses and make a joke once in a while, they would come up with additional perks and added unexpected flavor to the story, which was probably one of my favorites part of the campaign.

AndyZ

Oh, so are only 5-6 of the concepts getting selected?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

tyr4n02r

Quote from: A Painter on August 16, 2016, 02:13:28 AM
Agreed.  I had one campaign, with a similar concept to this except it was dimensions rather than a world, and we eventually collected a whole caravan of NPCs with different functions.  While most of what they did was babysit our gryphon and horses and make a joke once in a while, they would come up with additional perks and added unexpected flavor to the story, which was probably one of my favorites part of the campaign.

Unless we of course raid another ship!
Quote from: Guancyto on August 16, 2016, 01:54:06 AM
With Druids we're gonna need some room for a botany lab/conservatory, too.

*high fives Guan
I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Mainly missing on Tuesdays, sorry.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Sain on August 16, 2016, 02:10:56 AM
Yeah, as said in the first post it is gonna be 5-6 person party. The extra space is for the party to put their bee keeping equipment, flower pots and random shizzle they find on the journey there. Possibly also for storing wives and other NPCes. I definitely encourage turning the ship really homely by hauling all the random shit you find on it ;D

Sounds like plenty of space for Jaya to break each room in....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sain

Quote from: AndyZ on August 16, 2016, 02:19:11 AM
Oh, so are only 5-6 of the concepts getting selected?

Max 6 man party in total with the co-GM character so 4-5 concepts, but I'm probably leaning towards 5 at the moment.

ShadowFox89

Well, we currently have 9 applications,  so about half won't make it in.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sain

Pretty much, which is why I was considering ending recruitment once everyone who had expressed interest has had a chance to make their sheet.

tyr4n02r

(Head count: how many pplz left to post their sheet?)
I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Lunar Raven

I think AndyZ.  Muse has shown interest, but is uncertain due to schedule.  Chulanowa has shown interest and said he'd see what he can come up with.  Countdown0 has indicated he may be unable to do so.
Member of the INTP group.  What's yours?

Ons/Offs: Elliquiy; F-List
Current Status: Closed.  Only seeking a GM for a solo game.
My Tumblr Blog (NSFW; Mostly Impreg)

Lunar Raven's gallery of Desired Titillations
Idea & Request Thread

Cataclysmic Archangel

Apologies for being quiet.  Both my bookmark and my Notify failed me, so I just had to dig through to find the post again and catch up on 2.5 pages of posts.

Chulanowa

Yup, still interested. Just had a lot going on  :-\

Will have time after work today (hopefully!) to start hammering something together.

Mister Ugly

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits"
Albert Einstein

What makes the ugly feel pretty ...

Cataclysmic Archangel

2 mages, 2 bards, 2 druids, 1 rogue, 1 dps fighter and 1 tank.

We seem heavy on brain and light on brawn.

That said, I'm familiar with the bladesinger concept from 3.5, but where is it in 5e?

Lunar Raven

Quote from: Arcannyx on August 16, 2016, 12:44:32 PMThat said, I'm familiar with the bladesinger concept from 3.5, but where is it in 5e?
Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide campaign source book, page 141.  Nifty book and one of the better ones released for 5e.
Member of the INTP group.  What's yours?

Ons/Offs: Elliquiy; F-List
Current Status: Closed.  Only seeking a GM for a solo game.
My Tumblr Blog (NSFW; Mostly Impreg)

Lunar Raven's gallery of Desired Titillations
Idea & Request Thread

Premier

Quote from: Arcannyx on August 16, 2016, 12:44:32 PM

Very much depends on how people build! There's a lot of brawn potential in here.

tyr4n02r

Quote from: Arcannyx on August 16, 2016, 12:44:32 PM

Yea Im kinda going Mage-Knight

EDIT: OOOooh "And a partridge in a pear tree!" I know this song!
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Cataclysmic Archangel

In that case, I think I'm going to bow out.  Lots of people, some who will be disappointed, and I don't want to step on ideas (as mine certainly was 'mage-knight' also)  I shall save the idea for another D&D game.

Cheers!