News:

Main Menu

FIFA World Cup 2014

Started by consortium11, May 12, 2014, 10:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nico

Davion

JackWhite

Why are we shouting for the Netherlands?

Nico

Quote from: JackWhite on July 09, 2014, 03:53:40 PM
Because I like that team?

Dashenka

Quote from: JackWhite on July 09, 2014, 03:53:40 PM

Cause the other option is Argentina?
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Oniya

Quote from: Dashenka on July 09, 2014, 05:17:28 PM
Cause the other option is Argentina?

That might fly with the Brazilians - along the lines of those T-shirts that say 'I have two favorite teams:  [favorite team] and whoever is playing [top rival]'
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

consortium11

Somewhat underwhelming game but with everything on the line it's somewhat understandable how tense it was.

Holland struggled largely because they couldn't get the ball to Robben or RVP (when he was on the pitch) in dangerous positions because their midfield was basically shut down. The Dutch midfield three has always been more workmanlike than spectacular and the same can be said of their fullbacks. Schneider's had a good tournament but in this game he returned to the form he's held for most of the past couple of seasons... pretty poor with hints of what used to be.

In truth though, the same thing basically happened to Argentina. Their midfield three were all basically defensive choices and with di Maria to link the attack and defence with his endless willingness to get the ball their front three were likewise starved of the ball. More than anything that's why the game sort of drifted; the dangerous, attacking players on each side had to come so deep to get the ball they were not longer dangerous or particularly attacking with both sides holding a good defensive shape.

Dashenka

Too bad for Netherlands...

on the other side..

Gratz Germany.
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Rave

And now that the Netherlands are out because of stupid fucking penalties,
excuse me while I cry myself to sleep.

desert ashes

You know, it kinda felt like neither team really wanted to go face Germany. >.>
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Kitsunetsuki

I'm glad Argentina won. Not exactly a fan of the Dutch. But, I suppose I shall root for Germany now...*sighs*
[tr]
[td]
O.Os~A.As (around but not seeking)
Ideas (up-to-date)
Poetry~Singing~Wiki~Characters
How the men of Elliquiy have ruined me[/td][/tr][/table]

Deamonbane

Now... here's to Germany beating Argentina 8-1....
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Phobetor

Quote from: Deamonbane on July 09, 2014, 07:25:40 PM
Now... here's to Germany beating Argentina 8-1....

Pfft I don't think Argentina will let Germany womp them that badly. Don't get me wrong the ending teams surprised me, but I don't think Argentina is that out of sync.
Not Available for new Stories.
Taking a break from E.

kylie

I dunno, I actually often used to think that if/when Germany could get more of a dynamic offense, they would be rather fun to follow.  Maybe that time has finally come.

Sure as for all around feeling this year...  It's not the superstar-driven matches of some years past or the most inspiring teamwork and maneuver ever, but there have been some interesting points.

...  Or maybe I should just toss up my hands at the whole thing, and smile a bit at having fallen for Germany's Neuer.  Who looks oddly like Matt Damon, who I never had so much of a thing for.  But, may I say, significantly cuter?   8-)

Deamonbane

Is anyone else watching this?
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Kitsunetsuki

[tr]
[td]
Ideas (up-to-date)

ChicagoOkie

How much worse could this ref be?
Random PM's welcome.
Available for the right story.
O/Os Updated story ideas. May/9/2021
A/As
RP AD
BDSM Test

Deamonbane

All respect to the Holland team, but this is ridiculous.

There's no way that a ref can make five critical calls wrong, not to mention the rest of the non-critical mistakes.

Kitsunetsuki

I'm just glad it's between Argentina and Germany now. I'm torn as to who I would prefer to win. But, I'm just glad this part is over.
[tr]
[td]
Ideas (up-to-date)

Deamonbane

Let's hope that the ref for the final is half-way decent... the refereeing in this world cup has been dismal at best....

And I am definitely cheering for Germany. We would never hear the end of it if Argentina won a World Cup in Brazil...

Shewolf

I'm proud of my Dutch side and am now hoisting the German colours for the other side!  ;D

Nico

Quote from: Shewolf on July 13, 2014, 04:41:08 AM
I'm proud of my Dutch side and am now hoisting the German colours for the other side!  ;D

I approved of this.

This will be so great, tonight. We gotta win this!

And for the Brazilian people/fans:

You have a kick ass team. Shows that they are human beings, right? I still have a ton of respect for you guys! ~thumbs up~ The dark clouds will go away and then everyone will see that the Selecao is a killer good team, and that it's not just Neymar.

JackWhite

http://youtu.be/jjGi8Xqu7MA

This is rather nice but not so much for the Brazilians.

Nico

The game is on!!!

~waves the German flag~