Gods and Goddesses Role Play Interest Check [MUL]

Started by Moonhare, February 15, 2009, 10:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonhare

The Gods and Goddesses

First there was the Void and the Spirit. The vastness of space and the spark of life that would create all of the Universe. The Void could not destroy the Spirit; the Spirit could not consume the Void as so they found the balance needed to create all life. The Void and the Spirit worked together, never alone again as they created heaven and earth and all that would lay between its thousand layers. The Void gave birth to the earth, the Spirit to the Sun.

The Earth Goddess was born from the union as the Sun God as well. They ruled over the long arguious task of creating an existence from the empty womb of space. The Earth Goddess bore the ore, water, fauna, and the moon. The Sun God created fire, air, animals, and the stars. As the world grew, their tasks grew and they both fragmented. Born from the fragments were the consciousnesses of the Gods and Goddesses that took on the roles of the individual elements.

The stories contained with in are of the Gods and Goddesses that share our world. They work together, fight together, love together to create Harmony in the face of Chaos.

Roles:

Gods:    
   Spirit
   Fire - Priest
   Air
   Fauna (animal)
   Stars
   Chaos - Mycroft

Goddesses:
   Void - RubySlippers
   Ore
   Water - Thaleia
   Flora (plant) - LadySky
   Moon
   Harmony
        (insert fertility goddess under Fauna and Ore)

Anyone can play any part and double if they want to play more than one. I don't mind if a male takes a female part and a female takes a male part, just keep in the character of Yin and Yang. This can also lead to one on one's if there is interest in individual pairings.

Please PM me with any questions or suggestions.

Mycroft

"Harmony and Chaos... We are the same, she and I. We are Order. She represents the Ordered outcome that the mortal mind may predict, while I am the outcome they can not.

We are the same. We are Order. A mortal is born, lives, grows old, and dies. This is the Order of Harmony. A mortal is born, a butterfly flaps it's wings, a storm destroys an island half the world away, and the mortal enjoys red meat for the first time in years. That is my Order, each event tied to one another, though not in any way the mortal mind may at first comprehend.

Causality is immutable. We are the same. We are Order. And thusly I am venerated and villified in equal measure, for while it is in the nature of mortals to fear the unknown... everyone likes a surprise."

- Chaos

A gangly sort of unassuming man, Chaos' petite frame is nestled within an equally bland suit. Pale, spidery fingers are almost perpetually clasped behind his back, in much the same nervous fashion one might expect of a child whose mother had warned him to be careful not to break anything.

His pale cream suit is a hodgepodge of eras, as if each piece was selected for it's utter inability to capture the interest of an onlooker. A pale man in his pale suit, Chaos wears his straight blonde hair in a page cut, the majority hidden beneath a three corner hat.

He seems almost to be an albino fop from the Victorian era. Arctic blue eyes peer out from his wretchedly untanned mein. By no stretch an ugly man, he isn't particularly attractive either. Chaos might just as well be faceless, and is often described as such when others attempt to describe him.

Those who DO know him however, know better than to touch him. Though in his natural state he is as unassuming as the Void herself, Chaos represents limitless potential. The best policy has always been to let him stand silently in the corner, for even the most simple interactions with the God can cause unexpected results.
Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. - George S. Patton

Duchess

Water is a lovely nymph, the child of Beauty and Wisdom; her attendants are Comfort, Neatness, and Activity; her abode is the valley of happiness: she is always to be found when sought for, and never appears so lovely as when contrasted with her opponent, Fire.

- water

Nothing in the world is more flexible and yielding than water. Yet when it attacks the firm and the strong, none can withstand it, because they have no way to change it. So the flexible overcome the adamant, the yielding overcome the forceful. Everyone knows this, but no one can do it

*giggles*  i had to try  * blushes shyly*

Moonhare

Well, I have two takers. Anyone else interested in playing a god/ess?

Priest

Rare that an idea so catches my imagination; I wouldn't mind putting myself forward for the role of Fire

Dark haired, tanned skin and deftly poised; his stance alone conveys the strength of his own self belief; he is taken to wearing the darkest suits, representative of the deep shadows that the vibrant lick of flame would cast; a deep ruby shirt and tie further enhance the starkness of his presence and is clean shaven but for a precisely shaven goatee, But …it is within his eyes, that you will see his true nature, the conflagration of passion and energy cannot be stilled in his gaze, even when he is but an observer and nothing escapes his attention. 

The personification of Fire has a passion for life, he is a free spirit,  cares little for boundaries and is not weighed down by the burdens of the material world, coming and going as he pleases, usually bringing change along for the ride. He is the catalyst that provokes changes that might be impossible in any other situation and forges the bond between the spirit and the creative. 

However, he is hasty, given to making rash decisions and both the giver of rebirth and new perception, but his presence is double edged as the passionate flicker that simmers in his gaze is as likely to bring with it a turbulent wrath if provoked or attempts made to reign him in, Fire is the energetic spark behind passions flame, whether to forge great acts of love or the darkest acts of inhumanity.

LadySky

Fauna interests me if that is possible, though I am somewhat dumb about plant life LOL!
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Moonhare

Ok, well this gives us five players. I would like a few more before we begin playing. I will give it a few more days, then we start either way and latecomers are still welcome after all.

RubySlippers

Erina, Unspeakable Abomination of the Void

Trapped into the void by her father and mother insane and from her insanity power. She would have an avatar the Dark Maiden just a hint of her the way she interacts among the world still no power beneath her brothers and sisters. And her sevants insance cults, witches, barbaric races and monsters and abominations forged from the darkness of nothing. Her goal to rend open the great gates one for each diety and free her powers at full strength she desires to destroy all her mother has deemed good and make all nothingness and destruction. Would likely have death at least the bad kind the souls that are accursed to eternal punishment and her beloved servants. If one calls a twisted abomination of a good creature of her family members beloved.

Well one had to be EVIL, and well she wants out and give all the universe her gift- nothing. mwhahahahaha
She would have an avatar on the power of the other dieties to interact but powers limited by her mortal followers, and heaven help you if she breaks free with her full power.

Her true form is an utter horror twisted by the dark and insane forces of her prison realm, but her avatar will be the opposite and beautiful to behold but still insane. Her one gold to free herself and use any horror and monster to do that.

LadySky

FLORA~

The plains are decorated with
My beautiful colors, and the air
Is scented with my fragrance

This century has been a nightmare for Flora. The destruction of all she has created and cherishes has hardened her delicate heart and driven her into seclusion. Dwelling on an island far from view of man she surrounds herself with beauty and ignores the world in perile. Dressing as though the last 100 years never existed she is always in a flowing silken dress and always her feet stay bare to feel the soil upon her flesh. Long black hair and shining emerald eyes filled with shadows and wariness she is pale and delicate almost as a rose petal.

Able to feel the earth and its song she can bring beauty and health to anything she touches. With the ability to give life to a barran wasteland she can bring life to a man's barren sould as well...

Having grown disgusted with man she has abandoned them and refuses to help with anyone or anything. She once was filled with laughter, joy, & creativity. Now Flora cares only for her island and is bitter and lonely. Her passionate nature has been pushed deep within her and only a simple spark can set her temper ablaze with fury.
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Nadir

I don't meant to be a geek - but fauna means animals, and flora means plants.

Good looking game, btw. 

Moonhare

Moonhare

Well, Eden there are still many open slots for male and female. Take your pick.

RubySlippers

Its sadeeven the goddess of animals on her island would not like my character after all my character does want to destroy all life leaving nothing but herself and her unspeakable mind shattering horrors, not those orcs and other mortal beings that are foolish to worship her but primordial beings from a nightmare. I should toss out some summoning books and the like I figure the only ways she is allowed any mortal power is she HAS followers and using that she can pinprick holes in her prision dimension outside the known realms. Summoning her most feared servants as godlings would add to her power and well be fun when the rest of you have to deal with a twisted servitor being mimicing your domain. I was kind of thinking a sick parady of the pantheon- a lesser godling with divine powr not as strong as a diety who could be summoned by insane cultists who would in turn have sevrivotrs of their own of lesser but still formidable nature.

Like for fire I was thinking an insane Fire monsters twisted by being created by its mother and well although fire only the destructive aspects and wishing to kill living things and not being picky. Its servants might be lesser insane fire monsters that would just as likely kill the summoners or not than go off on a rampage until destroyed. I can do that for each aspect. Sort of the Voids version of Fire the most horrific aspects with lust for sheer destruction and no mercy. I thought each seal that holds her restrains one such servant and its hoarde of minions. To open all would mean oblivion of all life and the release of my goddess. A fate no diety would dare desire no matter what.

Likely why she was so entrapped to protect the world from her madness and from the madness and the unspeakable power of the realm she was forced into.

Now some rules on that her avatar is chained and bound from directly acting, she can talk to mortals, display her power to them and hand out knoweldge of how to access her realm but cannot say wipe out all life in a city. But could defend herself and her worship so offending the goddess could invite such actions as her ties to it must be honored. So her temples dark pits of despair would be in every city and her clergy likely feared. Basic rule here is classic if a diety oversees a realm to dishonor it is sacrilege. If she can coax some madman or cult to perform rites to one of her "children" then and only then can the void be tapped and her children act with servants. Unless the right seal is broken and only the patron diety of that force or maybe a massive use of force over a period of time outside her realm could do that releasng her child and its minions full force on the mortal realm. I don't see that ever happening but it would keep each of your dieties on their toes and scared she could pull it off. But you can expect foul books of knowledge with forbidden rites, witches making pacts with her or one of her children and other threats to be there. And her avatar will always be in the shadows whispering into the ears of mortals and if she is ever disrespected by mortals calling forth powers horrible to behold.

Call her the "satan" of the game if she is ever fully released she would bring the end of everthing, and the shattering of the seals would release her children first to clear the way. So gives you all something to work together one.
;D

If this sounds ok, I'm aiming for very powerful with chains on that unless your foolish enough to release her so mostly you would have to deal with her chilren and their minor servants, and her avatar to be her aspect to deal with a black creature of beauty and dark powers - who thankfully can't act very ofte directly?

Moonhare

Ruby, I'm going to let the others voice their opinion on how they feel about your character. I can see potential in it, but I can also see where it can upset other players and would like more discussion from others as to where we are going to take this game.

My original intent for the gods and Goddesses was that they are neither good or evil but balanced with their other half. Which for the void would be the spirit. Just as chaos can't help that things just happen when he's around and harmony makes the chaos work for some and not for others.

Void is according to what I have read the space in between all mater, the spirit is that essence that makes us sentient creatures. You can't have life without either. If you look at an atom there is still space between all the different parts. It is balanced. Without the space the atom can not hold structure. Without the structure the void would be endless.

How you play with her is up to you, but I do want everyone's input as to the level of your character and if they want to play with her.

Duchess

if the void give birth to the earth ,why would she want to destroy it ? doesn't seem as the evil character your painting, the one i expected to be evil was chaos. but wasn't this idea for the gods/goddess to look more like human in a normal world than a fantasy world creatures?

idk maybe I'm wrong..

RubySlippers

Well I don't believe in moral relativism there is good and evil- period what is right and wrong. That should change between races and people either. Now for the Void you never stated that I assume the Void is the absence of everything that irrational force that is not life but death.

Might I suggest split this into two domains then simply Spirit (the life force) and Death (absence of the life force) that latter not necessarily bad just that diety oversses death tending the dead souls, putting thm into the right aftelife and protecting buriel sites. The former would represent the other side. It seems both are pivital to the universe where there is new life there is also destruction.

Duchess

i still cant picture it...moon what is the scenery? maybe that will help me picture it
I'm confused...*pouting* by the way , why fire should he be a monster? but i do like the idea,its his to chose in the end.
hope we will find out soon, cause how will i balance it with water?

Moonhare

This has become interesting. I am from a school of thought more eastern I guess you would say and to me, being Taoist, everything is about balance and the manipulation of natural forces to maintain it. There is not one without the other.

Ruby: I like the idea that the void is more like death, that place between lives that all matter must return to before being reborn into something else. But as I don't believe in pure evil or pure good, I would figure she could just be uncaring as to what happens. She could even want more to come into her folds, but that would be the Spirit's job to work with her for that balance. The creatures she creates can be from nightmares or from more holy avenues depending on the level of destruction we have given a scenario to work through. But she is neither good or evil. She is as needed as the Spirit is for creation and rebirth.

Thaleia: I was thinking they could meet up in different parts of the world, from cities to rural depending on where their presence is needed. (Kinda like a deity U.N. that actually has the power over all aspects of life) So if fire creates a forest fire, water can flood the area, the ore can absorb the water, etc. MY idea was that they can create positive influences as well as destructive depending on a whole range of ideas we can work on...Sex would just be one way to create something, like the fertility goddesses use the energy to create fertile soil and grow plants.

And water can suffocate fire, but fire can boil water. Fire will make you hot water, but you can cool his passions kinda thing.

It is something we can all work on together, this was just the basis for the idea.

RubySlippers

Well its the term void wouldn't a more peroper term be Dimension or hell the old metaphysical idea of Ether the fundamental force that hold reality together. Void for me means nothingness I just think the term is bad for what the GM means.

But dimension beings could be fun after all that would include unnatural dimensions and strange creatures like a eight dimension being or the like. And might include prophecy since only such a diety could pierce to adegree the flows and ebbs of time if not travel see that which is possible.

Duchess

Moonhare

I apologize if the term was confusing as it was what I was taught in Japanese Philosophy and used that term.

I believe you have an interesting argument with the dimensions. Kinda cool sounding actually, I like it.

RubySlippers

If nothing else it could be interesting when she sends a twenty dimenional creature to deliver messages, I mean wow and likely confusing. How many eyes DOES that have - eight, no a hundred, no one - my mind is hurting. Of course to her it looks like a human but well that is with an awareness even the gods and goddesses don't have. lol

I figure she will be thoughtful, slow to act and likely be thinking outside the box hell a box is just three dimensional anyway - she prefers looking at many angles say a hundred or so on anything she creates. I figure her home plane is well freaky and would drive a mortal insane and likely no other diety could handle it since it would be so alien although not in a bad way. Her palace will be three dimensional to solve that but don't look out the windows. lol
;)

Moonhare

Has everyone lost interest? If so I will delete the threads and we can try again. I will give it a week.

LadySky

I am still here but trying to get used to the new setup.....