Answerless questions..

Started by Kia210, September 21, 2009, 02:47:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kia210

So i thought it would be fun to ask all those questions that just really don't have answers.. I will start.

From the old song " someones in the kitchen with Dina"....... Who was in the kitchen with her and what were they doing???!?!

or

Are zebras black with white stripes, or white with black stripes?
I am the fire that burns, the choking fog, the storm that rains devastation on our foes.

The Switch

MasterMischief

If go back in time and kill yourself, can you go back in time and kill yourself?

MasterMischief

What is the square root of negative one?

MasterMischief

If you were traveling at the speed of light in a car and turned on the headlights, what would happen?

MasterMischief

If a bus stops a bus station and a train stops a trains station, what happens at a work station?

MasterMischief

How much wood, would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

MasterMischief

MasterMischief

How do you synthesize a methylated alkaloid?

MasterMischief

Is the glass half empty, or half full?

Beguile's Mistress

BigBadWolf

Quote from: MasterMischief on September 22, 2009, 08:46:10 PM
What is the square root of negative one?

It's i. The imaginarius (Im) part of a complex number. :)
My On's and Off's    (3rd November 2019)
Game ideas Currently searching for new partners

Beguile's Mistress

What is the sound of one hand clapping?

Kaiten

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on September 23, 2009, 12:40:03 PM
What is the sound of one hand clapping?

That's an old zen saying!

What is an upside down circle?

MasterMischief

Quote from: BigBadWolf on September 23, 2009, 04:01:49 AM
It's i. The imaginarius (Im) part of a complex number. :)

Prove it and show your work.

Full Metal

Quote from: MasterMischief on September 24, 2009, 07:04:55 PM
Prove it and show your work.

He doesn't have to prove it... it just IS, by definition. 
You don't need to prove definitions, that is why they are definitions.

How many roads must a man walk down, before he can call himself a man?

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Full Metal on September 24, 2009, 07:22:24 PM
How many roads must a man walk down, before he can call himself a man?

42, according to the mice.

Would holding up a crucifix have any effect on a jewish vampire?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Skye

Why does Goofy stand erect while Pluto remains on all fours? They're both dogs!
[tr][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]

Kaiten

Quote from: HairyHeretic on September 24, 2009, 07:24:30 PM

Would holding up a crucifix have any effect on a jewish vampire?

Yes, usually anything considered sacred, in any religion, can effect a vampire. Besides I really doubt many vampires would care about religion (Except in rare cases ^^)

My Question:

How do you find the other side of a Mobius?

BigBadWolf

Quote from: Full Metal on September 24, 2009, 07:22:24 PM
He doesn't have to prove it... it just IS, by definition. 
You don't need to prove definitions, that is why they are definitions.

Yes Full Metal is right it's a definition.
My On's and Off's    (3rd November 2019)
Game ideas Currently searching for new partners

monkeymana

why are some things bigger inside then they are outside

Wolfy

If a tree falls in the forest, and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Kaiten

Quote from: Wolfy4226 on October 03, 2009, 03:11:30 PM
If a tree falls in the forest, and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Yes....

monkeymana

why are people so cruel sometimes

Kaiten

Quote from: monkeymana on October 04, 2009, 04:50:32 AM
why are people so cruel sometimes

Human nature. With all the possible personalities situated throughout the world, and taking into account, environment, experiences, genetics, and general outlook on life. We can deduce that in a society, species, or world, it is statistically accurate that some personalities may fall under, or be perceived by another person, taking into account their own environment, experiences, genetics, and general outlook on life, against the other person's environment, experiences, genetics, and general outlook on life, as cruel.

To make a long story short, they are because they can be.

Cyra

I'm here to ruin the day with answers to unanswerable questions.

Quote from: MasterMischief on September 22, 2009, 08:49:18 PM
How do you synthesize a methylated alkaloid?
Alkaloid is a nitrogen containing compound produced by plants. Extraction of the alkaloid can be done by using an acid/ase extraction.

Quote from: MasterMischief on September 22, 2009, 08:48:15 PM
How much wood, would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
That depends upon the day and the individual woodchuck. According to New York State wildlife expert Richard Thomas, a woodchuck could chuck around 35 cubic feet of dirt in the course of digging a burrow. He then reasoned that if a woodchuck could chuck wood, he would chuck an amount equal to 700 pounds.

Quote from: MasterMischief on September 22, 2009, 08:49:36 PM
Is the glass half empty, or half full?
The answer to that depends on if your a pessimist or optimist.

Quote from: monkeymana on October 04, 2009, 04:50:32 AM
Why are people so cruel sometimes
Because there are people in this world who don't love themselves or appreciate the fact that other people have feelings that can be hurt.  They insist on hurting others so that they can feel good about themselves.  It's a messed up world we live in.

Viriato70

C'mon Cyra how do you know so much?
Can you explain why you are not in my barrack tonight?

cirdanf

Cyra is a cool investigative lady :)

Cyra, what about this:

Why do humans like fighting, if nature has given them the thinking ability?
www.f-list.net/c/cirdan

Check for nice insight :)

Viriato70

Cirdanf, to that I can answer.
Humans do not like to fight! Surprisingly is their thinking ability that makes them fight (fear of loosing their freedom, the sense of injustice, the respect of their ancestor's history...).

Endorphin

Dare I say it...

Is there a God?
"The imagination is the spur of delights... all depends upon it, it is the mainspring of everything; now, is it not by means of the imagination one knows joy? Is it not of the imagination that the sharpest pleasures arise?" - Marquis de Sade

DiverseDesires

IMO - If you find God in your heart then there is a God.  If you feel he is not there, then he isn't.

"There is a grandeur in this view of life with its several powers, having been originally breathed by the Creator into a few forms or into one; and that whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being evolved." -- DARWIN

Our clocks have just gone back, so my question is why to watches tick and only clocks tock?
"The imagination is the spur of delights… all depends upon it, it is the mainspring of everything; now, is it not by means of the imagination one knows joy? Is it not of the imagination that the sharpest pleasures arise?" ~Marquis de Sade~

Imaginings  ~  Desirables  ~  Wilful Words  ~  Diary - A/A  Updated September 15th

Cyra

Quote from: Viriato70 on October 28, 2010, 03:41:19 PM
C'mon Cyra how do you know so much?
Can you explain why you are not in my barrack tonight?
I know so much because I read almost everything I get my hands on...plus I'm a mom and a legal student.
Explanation to why I'm not in your barrack is because I'm in Minnesota.

Quote from: cirdanf on October 28, 2010, 11:58:40 PM
Cyra, what about this:
Why do humans like fighting, if nature has given them the thinking ability?
Cirdanf~Most humans don't like to fight.  It's a natural fight or flight instinct that we are born with so that we survive.

Skye

[tr][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]

oraphi

How come Pine apples don't grow on pine trees?
Pedestal, pedestal falls away.
Wake once, another day.
Sweat dreams ~

O&O
Behind the keyboard with Oraphi; an introduction

tuckers02

voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir?

TheLegionary

Pas ce soir, pas jamais!

What is the number pi?

Archior

3,14 and a lot more numbers following.

Why can't I make up a question?

TheLegionary

I knew that! The point is your answer was incomplete! LOL

Quote from: Archior on November 14, 2010, 11:47:34 AM

Why can't I make up a question?

Isn`t this a question?

Btw, nice to meet you Archior! Welcome to the games!

My new question is the following: when will the rise and fall of gender game be over?

Archior

Thanks! ;D
Quote from: TheLegionary on November 14, 2010, 11:51:02 AM
Isn`t this a question?
And yeah, that was a poser. :P

The game will be over when the world ends.

If you where the last human on earth, what would you do?

Oniya

Isn't this the 'Answerless Questions' thread?  ;)

Why is a raven like a writing desk?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Archior

Quote from: Oniya on November 14, 2010, 12:04:28 PM
Isn't this the 'Answerless Questions' thread?  ;)

Why is a raven like a writing desk?
Right, forgot about that, sorry :P

Am I really sorry?

Lah

Why do we park on a driveway but drive on a parkway?

Villain

It was opposite day when they named them?

Will there be a time when science is considered hocus pocus?

Oniya

If a tree falls in a forest and lands on a mime, does anybody care?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Endorphin

Quote from: EroticWinged on December 06, 2010, 01:53:40 PM
If a wife is yammering away and the husband has gone completely deaf and doesn't hear a single word she says, is he still wrong?
Yes. He is wrong. He is always wrong. No 'ifs', no 'buts'. That's the way it is. Just accept it! :P

Given our instincts, is world peace actually achievable?
"The imagination is the spur of delights... all depends upon it, it is the mainspring of everything; now, is it not by means of the imagination one knows joy? Is it not of the imagination that the sharpest pleasures arise?" - Marquis de Sade

Sweet Trouble

Who decided the rule I before E except after C?

Oniya

My weird neighbor with the caffeine addiction, who weighs one-eighty-eight.

How many roads must a man walk down, before you call him a man?

Sweet Trouble

Quote from: Sweet Trouble on December 07, 2010, 01:28:55 AM
Who decided the rule I before E except after C?
Quote from: Oniya on December 07, 2010, 01:59:41 AM
My weird neighbor with the caffeine addiction, who weighs one-eighty-eight.

How many roads must a man walk down, before you call him a man?

LOL Oniya

Villain

If Jesus could walk on water how did he take a bath?

Lady Cathleen

We put in our two cents, but only get a penny for our thoughts. Who gets the extra penny dammit.
“Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Integrity lies at the heart of leadership. Everything you do revolves around the person you are inside and is demonstrated by the things you do and say.

Cyra

Quote from: Lady Cathleen on December 08, 2010, 01:43:32 PM
We put in our two cents, but only get a penny for our thoughts. Who gets the extra penny dammit.
Due to the current economic situation, the government has decided to take that extra penny for interest and not tell you anything about it  ;)

lollipop

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

TheLegionary

Remiel

Why the platypus?

(And no, there's not a word missing at the end of the question there.  Seriously, what's the reason for the platypus?)

Oniya

Quote from: Remiel on December 27, 2010, 01:17:42 PM
Why the platypus?

(And no, there's not a word missing at the end of the question there.  Seriously, what's the reason for the platypus?)

I've heard two reasons, both equally irreverent.

1) 'Daddy!  Look what I made!'  'That's nice, Son - here, I'll go put it over here in Australia, right next to the echidna You made yesterday.'
2) Third day:  God creates plants, fruit-bearing trees and *ahem* grass.  Sixth day: 'Duuuuude... I think I'll call it a platypus...'

Lithos

What is the sound of one-handed clap?
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

Jaromir

How do you know whether a building is burning up, or burning down?

Oniya

What's the difference between 'fat chance' and 'slim chance'?

Fae Brin

How do you describe sound to a deaf person?
The idea hovered and shivered delicately, like a soap bubble, and she dared not even look at it directly in case it burst. 
But she was familiar with the way of ideas, and she let it
shimmer, looking away, thinking about something else.
and a subtle fear [capture d] my  h  e  a  r  t.
already [wet] and we're gonna go s w i m ming

Oniya

I've actually seen that done - it typically involves making the vibrations tangible (hand on the back end of a piano or speakers) or visible (dust on top of the instrument).

Fae Brin

But-- that is only the basic concept. The idea.

Like love.

But-- I mean the actual-- sound.
The idea hovered and shivered delicately, like a soap bubble, and she dared not even look at it directly in case it burst. 

KikuLei

Unawnserable question: Why is Paula Deen not dead from all that butter?  :-\

Fae Brin

Is something lost if you never think to look for it?

Anithinum

Quote from: Kaiten on September 24, 2009, 08:43:30 AM
That's an old zen saying!

What is an upside down circle?

A downside up circle???

does the universe end?
On~Off

Sign this and let's begin

LordVetinari

How do you make a square circle?

What is the number one? Yes it's a number, but what is it?

Fae Brin

Who am I, if I am not myself today?

TheLegionary

I have heard some cinemas have special sessions for deaf people. I am not sure how it works, but it seems to be described in the subtitles.

Quote from: Fae Brin on January 02, 2011, 01:38:05 PM
But-- that is only the basic concept. The idea.

Like love.

But-- I mean the actual-- sound.

Oniya

There used to be a cable channel that catered to the blind or deaf (didn't work too well for blind and deaf).  To manage a movie for the blind, they used the second audio program to have both the spoken dialog and a voiceover that described the scene.  Closed captioning described major sounds (thunderclap, car crash, whispering, crowd noise, dramatic music and so forth), but you couldn't really get anything better than that.

TheLegionary

Is it possible to travel above the light speed?

Oniya

Only if you start out that fast, and then it's harder and harder to slow down.

Since a cat always lands on its feet, and buttered toast always lands butter-side down, can you create perpetual motion by strapping buttered toast to the back of a cat?

Underneath

ok, I've had this particular question on my mind for years:

Why is breast milk sour?

Ryven

If it's a cured ham, what disease did it have?

Underneath

If God created Life, who created God?

Oniya

Quote from: Underneath on January 06, 2011, 01:06:02 PM
ok, I've had this particular question on my mind for years:

Why is breast milk sour?

Um - individual body chemistry?  And I'm saying that because mine wasn't. (Sorry, if that's TMI.)

Underneath

QuoteUm - individual body chemistry?  And I'm saying that because mine wasn't. (Sorry, if that's TMI.)

Not too much info at all :P  Even more curious now!

Why isn't there gravity on any other planet but Earth?

Fae Brin

This isn't quite an answerless question, but it's something to ponder for about three seconds.

Barring the Joker, is it possible to have too much laughter in your life?

despickable

If a Convenience Store is open 24/7 why is there a lock on their doors?

Why is it that Superman could bounce the bullets off his chest, but when they threw the gun at him, he ducked?

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

gaggedLouise

Is it true that the present king of France is bald, or is it a false statement?

(after Bertrand Russell; post 1848 there is no "present king of France")

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Hemingway

If a tree falls in the forest, and there's a man there, but the tree crushes him and he dies, does the man dying make a sound?

Ahh, shamelessly stole that one from clever Canadian Jon LaJoie.

What is the sound of me stealing jokes?

Is it possible to make coffee so dark not even black holes can escape it?

gaggedLouise

My aunt would sometimes confuse Peter Townsend, the RAF officer whom princess Margaret of Britain fell in love with, but whom she couldn't marry because he was an "ordinary man", with Pete Townshend of The Who (she was a lot more familiar with UK royalty than with The Who). Which would make it hard to give a sensible answer to the question "Did Peter Townshend really feel so pissed over the affair that he had to smash his guitar again and again?"  ;D

Belle33

Why is it that driver's licenses expire, but marriage licenses do not?

Ons/Offs, Stories & Poems, Currently Not Available for RP

RP7466

why is bra singular, and panties plural?

"It's my only politics... anti-wife. Any woman who devotes herself to making one man miserable instead of a lot of men happy don't get my vote"

John Wayne as Sam McCord

Belle33

gaggedLouise

If you state to a music mag reporter that "We don't believe in tape recorders" as the first line of the interview, isn't it a bit cryptic that your band has got any records out at all?

(line spoken by someone in The Replacements to Cameron Crowe in the 1980s)

Phoenixrisen

Why does it require a license to get married, but not to have children?
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

RP7466

why do we park on driveways, and drive on parkways?
"It's my only politics... anti-wife. Any woman who devotes herself to making one man miserable instead of a lot of men happy don't get my vote"

John Wayne as Sam McCord

gaggedLouise

Is the idea of having  a "women's exclusive parking lot" with slightly broader spaces than in an ordinary parking a service or an insult to the ladies? (we've all heard about women and edging into a streetside parking slot)

Oniya

I think those are supposed to be for expectant mothers, and/or mothers with small children, where a few extra inches can help with strollers/bellies, and the spaces are usually closer to deal with mobility issues.  I saw them when I was expecting (and afterwards), but never felt the need to use them.

despickable

Why is it that you can have disgruntled staff meaning unhappy, but can't say you have gruntled staff, when they're happy?

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page

TheLegionary

Why are there girls who never give up?

Phoenixrisen

Why are there guys that don't take "no" for an answer?
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Anesa

Why do we have a tailbone when humans never had tails?

Hiding In Emotions

Why is it called a tv set if there is only one?

Oniya

Quote from: camille on April 11, 2011, 10:25:30 PM

Why do we have a tailbone when humans never had tails?

It's the same reason that horses have residual toe bones.

Hiding In Emotions

If you accidentally ate your own tongue, what would it taste like?

Anesa

Quote from: Hiding In Emotions on April 11, 2011, 10:46:57 PM
If you accidentally ate your own tongue, what would it taste like?

Sweet!  :D

Hiding In Emotions

If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

Bloody Rose

Would you like to give me that?, yes that thing, no the thing besides it, are you blind? That thing!!!!!

gaggedLouise

How come when the boss of the state authority running railroad tracks, car roads and airports steps down in protest because of insufficient allocations for upkeep of the traffic hardware they're supposed to keep going, the same afternoon the electricity at the central railway station of the capital just dies?  ???

(this authentically happened in Sweden last week)

AllAboutDetail

Why is the word abbreviation so long?

gaggedLouise

How come the word "antediluvian" means something that belongs to an extremely distant past, when Queensland was subjected to "Biblical floods" only three months ago?

AllAboutDetail

What is another word for Thesaurus?

gaggedLouise

Quote from: AllAboutDetail on April 12, 2011, 09:47:36 AM
What is another word for Thesaurus?

Onomasticon or encyclopaedia, perhaps?  :-)

What do you find at the end of intergalactic space?

Beguile's Mistress

Why do people answer their phones when they're "busy" in bed with someone?

I was calling to set up an appoint for a job interview with a client.

TheLegionary

How much can a girl spend on credit card in two hours?

AllAboutDetail

Do vegetarians eat animal crackers?

gaggedLouise

Is "hello it's Nikki, I can't answer because I'm dead" the coolest answerphone message ever? (Nikki Sixx loaded it just after he had clinically died and been revived, as he himself tells the story in The Heroin Diaries - and I think he went straight to bed sports within hours after)

AllAboutDetail

What do you do when an endangered animal eats an endangered plant?

Phoenixrisen

If you've never seen something, then does it really exist?

Also:

"Is Schrodinger's cat really dead if we don't know that it is?
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

AllAboutDetail

Why is what doctors do called a practice?

Phoenixrisen

Quote from: AllAboutDetail on April 12, 2011, 11:22:22 AM
Why is what doctors do called a practice?

That is a little disturbing when you think about it isn't it?
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

AllAboutDetail

Yea just a little. :P

If a turtle loses it's shell is it naked or homeless?

Event Horizon

Why do hot dogs come in packages of ten, and hot dog buns come in packages of eight?

AllAboutDetail

If you shoot a mime, should you use a silencer?

gaggedLouise

How can a radio channel have a traditional Christmas pantomime? (this one has a sensible answer to Brits, but not to anyone else)

AllAboutDetail

Why do kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

gaggedLouise

Quote from: AllAboutDetail on April 12, 2011, 01:33:34 PM
Why do kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

LMAO, brilliant one!

And why do bike helmets (for ordinary bikers) have to look like swollen mushrooms? (I don't use one)

AllAboutDetail

That is a good point!

Why do they sterilize the needle before a lethal injection?

Elturel

If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and
apes?

AllAboutDetail

Why isn't there mouse flavored cat food?

Elturel

If the police arrest a mime, do they tell him he has the right to remain
silent?

AllAboutDetail

If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill themselves, is it a hostage situation?

Elturel

If the "black box" flight recorder is never damaged during a plane
crash, why isn't the whole airplane made out of that stuff?

Oniya

Quote from: Elturel on April 12, 2011, 01:43:23 PM
If the police arrest a mime, do they tell him he has the right to remain
silent?

I actually saw this one.  They did.  In mime.

World's Wildest Mime Prank

Elturel

Well so much for answerless Huh..lol thank you..

If Wile E. Coyote has enough money to buy all that stuff from ACME, why doesn't he just buy himself dinner?

AllAboutDetail

When sign makers go on strike, do they write anything on their signs?

Elturel

If a deaf person goes to court, do they call it a hearing?

AllAboutDetail

If a mute swears does his/her mother wash his/her hands?

lollipop

Is there another word for synonym?

derek

What's the antonym for alimony?

lollipop

Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "asteroids"?

derek

lollipop

If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest drown too?

derek

LOL... XD

When the sky falls...how would anyone know?

lollipop

If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

SinClaire

What are you supposed to do when your mother tells you "shut up and answer me"?

Can you be spontaneous when someone tells you "be spontaneous"?

lollipop

Why are square meals served on round plates?

SinClaire

Why are most kitchen-related containers round if fridges are square/rectangular?

lollipop

Can a guy named Nick have a 'nick 'name?

Oniya

Quote from: derek on April 16, 2011, 11:42:20 PM
Why is there air?

"Every phys ed major knows why there's air.  There's air to blow up volleyballs, blow up basketballs..."
-Bill Cosby, "$75 Car"

lollipop

How can you hear yourself think?

despickable

Why is abbreviated such a long word?

and what part of a dilemma do you find the horns? On the horns of a dilemma

Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page

Anesa

Why do our ears never stop growing?

Have you ever noticed older folk have really BIG earlobes?  :P

Oniya

If The Miz got into a mixed tag-team match with Layla, would they be known as Lay Miz?  (say it out loud.  Oniya is functioning on sleep-dep and Broadway soundtracks)

Tamhansen

Quote from: AllAboutDetail on April 12, 2011, 01:56:59 PM
When sign makers go on strike, do they write anything on their signs?

yes. at least the french ones did 2 years ago

Quote from: lollipop on April 17, 2011, 01:27:30 AM
How can you hear yourself think?

because bones are hollow, and the bones in your hearing channel conduct air both in and out. The reason most people don't actually hear themself think is that there are too many outside stimuli

Quote from: SinClaire on April 17, 2011, 01:21:45 AM
Why are most kitchen-related containers round if fridges are square/rectangular?

Marketing. round forms are nostalgic and therefor more attractive to consumers
Quote from: Elturel on April 12, 2011, 01:56:18 PM
Well so much for answerless Huh..lol thank you..

If Wile E. Coyote has enough money to buy all that stuff from ACME, why doesn't he just buy himself dinner?

Maybe his credit line is only valid at Acme. Have you ever seen him pay for any of those things. One day his creditors will catch up with him.

why do hotdogs come in packages of eight, and hotdog buns in packages of ten?
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Belle33

Does killing time damage eternity?

Tambit

How is a Raven like a Writing Desk?

Tamhansen

Quote from: Elturel on April 12, 2011, 01:47:39 PM
If the "black box" flight recorder is never damaged during a plane
crash, why isn't the whole airplane made out of that stuff?

cause that stuff is heavy. planes would be 3 to 4 times heavier.

Quote from: Tambit on May 07, 2011, 06:38:03 PM
Dunno, maybe ask raven, saw them on here a while back
ons and offs

Belle33

Quote from: Tambit on May 07, 2011, 06:38:03 PM

Because Edgar Allen Poe wrote on both.

Why are there never any "guilty" bystanders?

Tambit

Why do juries pronounce someone "guilty" or "not guilty" but never "innocent"?

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Belle33 on May 07, 2011, 06:44:58 PM

because those are cops? ;)

Tamhansen

Quote from: Belle33 on May 07, 2011, 06:44:58 PM

Nice idea.
You know this was actually a joke originally, there was no answers. But Lewis Caroll was so fed up with stupid people who kept asking him for the answer, he eventually wrote one.

qoute lewis Caroll
"'Because it can produce a few notes, tho they are very flat; and it is never put with the wrong end in front!' This, however, is merely an afterthought; the Riddle, as originally invented, had no answer at all."
ons and offs

Tambit

How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?

Belle33

Quote from: Tambit on May 07, 2011, 06:50:08 PM
How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?

58:  Novices
29:  Experts
1: Biters

Why do flamingos stand only on one leg?

Tambit

Oniya

Belle33

Tamhansen

This was bred in by the chinese during the Hang dynasty. Originally Swine or hogs had straight tails, but the chinese prefered their bred pigs to have curly tails. Today most domesticated pigs are of this stock
ons and offs

octaviath

What would happen if Pinocchio said 'My nose will now grow!'? It only grows if he's telling a lie, but if it doesn't grow like he said it would it would be a lie, thus the nose would grow. However, if it grew, that means he was telling the truth and therefore his nose couldn't grow....so, what would really happen?

Oniya

His nose would burst into flame as a result of friction from the rapid, but almost imperceptible lengthening and shortening as he tried to work out the paradox.

gaggedLouise

What were the names - in the language spoken at that time and place - of the animals so vividly captured on the walls of ice age caves in France and Spain?

octaviath

Easy...'Thing with horns', 'Thing with bigger horns', 'thing with long nose', 'thing with claws'.

What was the name of the very first, fully evolved Homo Sapien Sapien?