Gladiator's Midievil Fantasy RP!

Started by Gladiator0161, March 06, 2013, 12:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingmaster1

Hey, warg ;D

It's been a long while :3

EvilMegaCookie

No wonder no one had posted yet. Just let me....*picks up a crowbar and immediately begins threatening the person I am borrowing the computer from* ''IT'S MY TURN!'' *holds the crowbar menacingly* (To be continued. Will he be able to hold on to the computer for a little longer or will he be slowly overpowered?)

Aadreal

Good luck EMC!  You could try as I do when at work. Write it up by hand then type it up and do a quick edit once you have access to a computer. 

EvilMegaCookie

*Tosses the crowbar away, the weapon showing a few bloodstains* Well, that was resolved somewhat peacefully. Now allow me to finish what I should've days ago...

Gladiator0161

Quote*Tosses the crowbar away, the weapon showing a few bloodstains* Well, that was resolved somewhat peacefully. Now allow me to finish what I should've days ago...

Lol XD I'm sorry things aren't going your way man. I'm looking forward to your post.

Soooo...how'd everyone else's weekend go? Lol.

Wargtass

Well I'm ready to throw in the hat. Perhaps a stir crazy Argonian stumbling into town can have a positive effect!  ;D
O/O

Gladiator0161

QuoteName: Blind-Eye
Race: Argonian
Class/Occupation: Restoration Mage and Alchemist
Archetype:
Alignment:

Height: 6'1"
Weight: 175lbs

Appearance: As his name suggests, Blind-Eye does have a blind eye, the right one to be exact. It has been blind since birth but he sees no reason for covering it up, showing its milky white contrast to his stark yellow eye on his left side. His bronze-colored scales are dry and cracked from his near constant travels around Tamriel and the rich plume of feathers on his head has become a bleak red over the years compared to the deep red it once was. He prefers to keep his clothing simple, rather being seen as a wanderer than a mage. He keeps his knapsack hidden beneath a rough hooded cloak that he wear over his worn out clothes, within which he keeps what little belongings he still has, including the bar-locked Black Book that he has not opened for many years.
Personality: Blind-Eye is very silent and skittish, a clumsy and awkward individual which has a sort of invisible barrier around him that usually keeps others away. He speaks to himself mostly in a faint whisper, if at all. Should someone try to talk to him for a longer while they might come to realize that he probably used to be a very social man once. Now he's just a haunted and awkward individual who seldom stays longer than a night in any one place.

Biography: Blind-Eye was born and raised in a small border-town between Cyrodiil and Black Marsh to a reasonably well off family. His father was a smith and the mother was a healer. Out of the whole clutch only Blind-Eye lived to hatch and that was only due to his mothers loving care and healing magic. As he grew up he showed talent for the magic arts, something his mother said was because of having been exposed to magic early on in his life. Even at such an early age he often helped his mother mending wounds and shattered bones, much to his father's chagrin who had hoped he would become a great blacksmith under his tutelage.

As Blind-Eye became an adult he was already a bit of a celebrity in the surrounding towns. There was nothing but Death himself that he could not mend and no sickness he couldn't cure with one of his alchemical concoctions. People travelled far and wide to seek his aid, which brought Ra'elah to his attention. A Khajiit caravan steered from their trails to visit the famed healer, their elderly leader being ravaged by a chronic desease that threatened to kill him. The elder stayed with Blind-Eye for a month together with his eldest daughter Ra'elah, a beautiful and exotic addition to Blind-Eyes life in the small town. They became very close and when her elderly father was healed he rewarded Blind-Eye with a small fortune and his daughter's hand.

They lived the good life in a large house, but the gold Blind-Eye earned as a healer was starting to make him proud and arrogant. He could seemingly heal anything that was given to him and his ego was constantly being fed by sycophants and cheap friends. As the Blackwood band entered the town with their mortally wounded leader Blind-Eye was drunk. He insisted that he could save the leader. But even the great healer of the borderlands could not mend a broken back. Enraged by the drunken healers arrogance and botched operation the Blackwood band bound him to a chair and raided his house. When he finally cut himself lose it was too late. The mercenaries had turned his home into a pile of scrap, raped his beloved Ra'elah and broken her spine. Her life could be saved, but she would never walk again.

Blind-Eye was now a broken man. His life became dedicated to find a way to heal his wife. He travelled to the Mages Guild in the Imperial city and wasted years trying to find an answer. He became a bitter and jaundiced alcoholic and returned to his home to find that his dear wife was living with his parents now that all their gold was spent. He had lost everything. Cursing himself he walked out into the wilderness, intent on never returning. That was when he found the abandoned house in the swamps, its walls covered in ancient scriptures written in black ichor, a small otherwordly statue covered in blood and a man split stem to sternum with a knife in his own right hand, the other clutching a strange black book bound in darkened patches of skin. He wanted to leave this evil place, but the maddened rictus grin of the dead man and the black book seemed to draw him in. Suddenly he stood with the book in his hands, the strangely drawn pages coming to life and slipping its black appendages around him.

He never knew how long of a time he spent in there. Time was impossible to track in the hellish nightmare that he emerged in. Impossible pillars of moist black muscle twisted in impossible ways towards the black-green sky, pools of dark water slithered with snake-like tentacles that gripped for his limbs. The dark creatures that patrolled the empty book-strewn corridors of this world seemed to constantly hound him with their presence, yet they ignored him, mocked him as he roved through the tight tunnels and expansive landscapes of this strange world. He travelled the Apocrypha for years seemingly, his mind harrowed as he plowed through impossibly old books and scrolls of wisdom. Here he might be able to find the answer he thought. He just needed to stay a little while longer...

His thirst for the forbidden knowledge finally drew the attention of the master of this deranged realm, the gibbering Daedric Prince of Knowledge and Memory, Hermaeus Mora. He sent his twisted and monstrous servants to bring Blind-Eye to him, treating the Argonian with a fatherly demeanor. He offered Blind-Eye the knowledge he sought. In return the Daedra wanted his existense. Finally seeing an end to his misfortunes and the insanity that was this realm Blind-Eye accepted. As his consciousness returned he stood at the same place in the abandoned shack in the swamp, book in hand. The corpse of the cut up man had not rottened at all. He had been in Apocrypha for years, yet here in the world of mortals he had never even left.

Having been reduced to an insane wreck of a man he returned to his town. But as he went to his parents house they didn't recognize him. They had never had a son. They had taken in the crippled Ra'elah from the streets. She had never been married to any Argonian. Blind-Eye was shattered by their words and it took the strength of his father to throw him out of the house. He roamed the streets and met people he had known his entire life, but no one knew any Blind-Eye. There was no wonderous healer in the town. He didn't exist anymore. Yet he had not been given the answer. Just a whole lot of forbidden secrets about the world that he had rather lived without. With hysteric laughter he left the town, never to return.

Ever since he has wandered. He has met thousands of people, made hundreds of friends. But as soon as he leave them for a longer period of time he disappears from their memories, his existence is unravelled and his own memories slowly being replaced with the forbidden mysteries of the planes of the world's existence. It is with heavy steps that he approaches Winterhold after several decades of wandering. Somehow he feels compelled to go there, even though he can barely remember why.

Gear and Weaponry: Nothing but the clothes on his back and some alchemical tools. The only thing close to a weapon that he keeps is a sickle, as well as the closed and locked Black Book.

I think he'll be a good addition, you certainly worked hard to make him interesting. I can't wait to see how you play him in thread. :)

I have a friend irl that loves playing crackpot characters, and most are crazier than yours Wargtass, lol.

Hope you don't mind me posting your bio on here btw.

kingmaster1

oooh! a black book!
we all know what that entails!  ::)

Minella will be very curious of it >.>

Wargtass

She must find out about it first. Then take it from his cold dead hands.  ;D
O/O

kingmaster1

Well, she is a dedicated servant to her mistress nocturnal, so she is familiar with daedric things :P

We'll see how it goes >.>

Gladiator0161

Just read your post Wargtass, great job man! I really liked it. I started to get a little concerned when you wrote that Blind-Eye knew where it would strike next but, you didn't name where it would strike in your post, which I really appreciate. :)

Before we take the heroes on their tracking spree, we need to have our characters gather around a table and consult a map, discuss and mark down which places have already been hit, and then plan out the first leg of their trip. Which I planned on doing all that the next day, after everyone has suitably rested from their journey.

Oh, one more thing, Asher17 has been locked out of his account, he swears he's entering the right password and answering the custom question correctly and I believe him. He's also tried the "forgotten password" thing, and so far he's not received an email. Dunno what the problem is. I've alerted an admin to the problem so, hopefully he'll be back with us soon. Just thought I might explain where he's been since he's not been on in awhile in case anyone was wondering.

Wargtass

To be honest he'll probably be hard pressed to remember anything when he wakes up. It's all about plot-seeding, giving the GM plausible options to push the group forward while at the same time opening up avenues for other players to find out more about the character. Either way it will reveal that 1) Blind-Eye knows things he clearly shouldn't know, or 2) Blind-Eye's memory and sanity is about as intact as moldy bread.

Have you checked so that last date active corresponds to his actual last day active? I have no idea why someone would want to hack an E-account, but might happen for some reason. However, since the security question doesn't work it is more likely some disconnect in the server. Have he tried logging in from another computer?
O/O

Aadreal

Should I continue to hold off until Asher is able to get back in? I wouldn't be able to post tonight either way. Have some stuff to do.

EvilMegaCookie

Bloody hell. Turns out while I threw the crowbar away, I suffered memory-loss. Apologize for poofing like that.

Gladiator0161

Wartgass/Everyone: Yeah maybe, he's tried the whole password thing, and checked his email. I even pm'ed an admin to see if she could email him, and there's no email showing up from the site or the admin, and she's told me that she's sent the email. Needless to say, he was disappointed and won't be joining us again because he says he won't be coming back. He doesn't want to make another account, and I can't say I blame him. He didn't get to do much in the first place and his first impression of the site wasn't that good I guess. I don't think he liked the adult sex oriented nature of the website.

Rune will be easy to dismiss but, his other character, Asher, will be a little tougher. Though I guess I could just have him just simply disappear in the crowd.

Addy: Go ahead and post if you whenever you can since we won't be waiting on Asher any longer.

EMC: It's ok, I'm guilty of the same thing sometimes but, just so you know, I've decided that I'm no longer going to wait on you. I'm not meaning to be harsh but, if this thread is to remain active I have to be able to move it forward, and thus far you've been the one to need the most help in this thread, which is fine. How else are we to learn if we don't ask?

*cringes* That even sounded harsh to me O.<;;  I'm sorry, I dunno how else to put it. I promise I'm not meaning to sound like an ass.

EvilMegaCookie

What? Hell no, that didn't sound harsh at all. It's pretty much what I deserve for poofing like that :P Will try and get up a post.

Gladiator0161

I'm glad you understand EMC, thank you. I'm also glad to see that I didn't offend you. :)

Aadreal, awesome post hun! Short, sweet but, it still reveals more about Medora's personality, and at the same time your post acknowledges Wartgass' character's entrance.

Alright, if everything goes well tomarrow, I'll get my post up then. If not, then I'll probably be posting sometime on Saturday or Sunday, and we'll get this party started!

Aadreal

Thanks Gladiator. Not all of my posts are novels. *laughs*

And just a FYI. I am on vacation starting Sunday. I have no intention of doing any posting next week.

kingmaster1

I will post soon, Minella will be very interested in this sudden visitor :P

Gladiator0161

That's fine Addy, have fun on your vacation :)

Yes, I was wondering how Minella would react to Wartgass's crazy Argonian, lol.

kingmaster1

Oh, she'll love meeting another Daedric worshiper, even one who listens to Hermaeus Mora >.>

Gladiator0161

Hey guys, sorry I've been away for so long. I've been kinda busy with work, and getting involved with a tabletop group. I'm going to finish my post tonight. Again, sorry for the long delay. Is everyone still interested in this btw? Or have I slacked on the job for too long?

kingmaster1

Gladiator0161

Good to see, thanks for hanging around Kingmaster1:)

I finished my post, so we can continue the story. I forget who's turn it is so, whoever wants to post, just go ahead and do so please. :D

Gladiator0161

Aaannnd apparently no one wants to post :(