Interest check, Pathfinder campaign spanning three AP's (and three generations)

Started by Tamhansen, September 24, 2018, 02:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergil Tanner

I do fondly remember an Anti Paladin of Asmodeus, though. Dark Paladins are always great fun to play :P
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

TheGlyphstone

What's the easiest way to get a weapon proficiency? Angelos is decked out in bling, but no pimp is complete without a proper pimp (sword) cane.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 30, 2018, 10:21:34 AM
What's the easiest way to get a weapon proficiency? Angelos is decked out in bling, but no pimp is complete without a proper pimp (sword) cane.
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/equipment-traits/heirloom-weapon/ Trait.

In exchange i demand your opinion; a boisterous and muscular lady brawler or a more refined and beautiful lady of war?  ;D

TheGlyphstone

Refined and beautiful. Angelos ain't pimpin' out no rough and raw hoes, only the classiest and most elegant on his string. ;D

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on September 30, 2018, 10:12:33 AM
I do fondly remember an Anti Paladin of Asmodeus, though. Dark Paladins are always great fun to play :P

Asmodeus paladin I have ran with as well and I intent to run (through albeit indirectly) in pathfinder: Kingmaker game (through using Crusader archetype cleric). As antipaladin archetype or class is not available on game yet.

Quote from: ChaoticSky on September 30, 2018, 10:24:40 AM
In exchange i demand your opinion; a boisterous and muscular lady brawler or a more refined and beautiful lady of war?  ;D

As mentioned I am fine either but so far leaning is to refined lady of war; basically samurai female who dons armor on battle but dons on beautiful silk kimono when hair down or in social situation.

Vergil Tanner

What do you mean? Antipaladin as a class is so totally available. It's one of the Alternate Classes, like Ninja and Samurai.

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on September 30, 2018, 10:35:28 AM
What do you mean? Antipaladin as a class is so totally available. It's one of the Alternate Classes, like Ninja and Samurai.

Not in the Pathfinder Kingmaker CRPG. That's what he was talking about.

TheGlyphstone

I'm waiting until they patch it a bit. It's got a ton of bugs right now.

Zaer Darkwail

Some bugs and also some insane difficulty levels some parts and random encounters which eat party alive and such. But I do risk it as I trust patches and such come along the way (albeit some dumb decisions like give 2th encounter level mites Dex 25 as means boost their attack rolls in Hard difficulty :P).

Vergil Tanner

How did I not know about this?! I might need to pick it up. Is it any good?

ChaoticSky

So what is the plan to handle later generations anyway? Make whole new characters?

Because i thought it might be fun to shack up with a party member, then the next generation we could play siblings.  8-)

Zaer Darkwail

Well, check youtube videos :). Atm following Retcon's gameplay (he was alpha/beta tester of the game so he does not linger long on mechanics and such as much). Here is link to video, char gen is amazing overall and I get Baldur's Gate vibes from it and it tries be loyal to material. But it has bugs still and difficulty past normal is 'nuts'. But besides that I think it's decent game albeit it has some flaws. Also it's not quite beginner friendly as it does not explain all things (like casting spells cause AoO which is not obvious those not familiar with pathfinder rules).

However it has high customization even gameplay stuff; able decide how tough your foes are, do they crit how hard and what mechanics affect you.

Quote from: ChaoticSky on September 30, 2018, 11:19:16 AM
So what is the plan to handle later generations anyway? Make whole new characters?

Because i thought it might be fun to shack up with a party member, then the next generation we could play siblings.  8-)

New chars, key to this game is that they are descendants (by blood or adopted) by original first gen chars and third part also new chars which are related to second gen.

TheGlyphstone

That's probably something for very, very long-term thinking though. First we have to finish character selection, then we have to actually complete an entire adventure path from 1-15 at PbP pacing. Once we're over that hurdle, we can figure out the next generation.

Vergil Tanner

Yeah, most Pathfinder games on E don't even get a Level Up before they die, so...one step at a time xD

Zaer Darkwail

Aye, leveling up in ANY game in E would be own small miracle  ;D. But otherwise neat concept to go by as a game.

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 30, 2018, 11:21:11 AM
That's probably something for very, very long-term thinking though. First we have to finish character selection, then we have to actually complete an entire adventure path from 1-15 at PbP pacing. Once we're over that hurdle, we can figure out the next generation.

Yeah that.. Though I do recall managing to level up players. *chuckles*

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 30, 2018, 11:23:39 AM
Aye, leveling up in ANY game in E would be own small miracle  ;D. But otherwise neat concept to go by as a game.

How long did it take to get a level in Legendary Monsters? The better part of a year, wasn't it?

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on September 30, 2018, 11:28:03 AM
Yeah that.. Though I do recall managing to level up players. *chuckles*

Yeah, it was PvP heavy game where levels came from number of matches overall than official XP system :P.

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 30, 2018, 11:58:30 AM
How long did it take to get a level in Legendary Monsters? The better part of a year, wasn't it?

Yeah, it did I think.

Chulanowa

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 30, 2018, 10:21:34 AM

The easiest way is to not play a Silksworn  ;D

The Heirloom weapon trait gives you proficiency in one single, specific weapon. If you lose it or it breaks or what have you, you're out of luck.
As a human, you can trade in your bonus feat for the Military Training racial feature, to gain proficiency in two martial or exotic weapons.
Martial weapon Proficiency will of course give you proficiency in one martial weapon, but costs a feat.
Multiclass into something with the proficiency you want.

Or - and this is what I would do - have a sword cane and just be bad at using it in a fight.

Ixy

Is this going to be another game where everyone furiously posts their lavish ideas for a week, has insular side conversations in public to drive off outside interest, then suddenly everyone stops posting because they're "busy irl" (translation: after their zany character loses its sparkle)?

I don't want to waste the time and energy if it's just going to be zaer posting by day twelve.  I may not be accepted anyway.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Chulanowa on September 30, 2018, 12:18:14 PM

Or - and this is what I would do - have a sword cane and just be bad at using it in a fight.

That's probably the best option. Cause not being a Blingomancer is right out. ;D

Vergil Tanner

Lmao, yeah, sometimes flair isn't worth the cost xD Except when you have the chance to give something levels in Monk Unchained. That's never not a good idea :P

I had a Cardcaster Magus with a single level of MU (the thrown monk Archetype) and my GM allowed the DnD 3.5 Feat "Kung Fu Genius," which allows you to use Int instead of Wis for Monk Stuff.

Mwa.
Ha.
Ha.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Ixy on September 30, 2018, 12:22:03 PM
Is this going to be another game where everyone furiously posts their lavish ideas for a week, has insular side conversations in public to drive off outside interest, then suddenly everyone stops posting because they're "busy irl" (translation: after their zany character loses its sparkle)?

I don't want to waste the time and energy if it's just going to be zaer posting by day twelve.  I may not be accepted anyway.

Well, I do not intent with my posting driving outside interest away but besides myself others are enthusiastic about the game as well and some game adds have died because GM thinks there are no enthusiasm from players (or simply no posts and thus no pushing add up in the page). Usually most numerous posts in my part happen during weekends as during the week I am at school (at computer yes but I got work to do as well).