Dunwater (Psychological Horror, Freeform) [Recruitment]

Started by Totoro, June 30, 2018, 10:43:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Totoro

Maybe you sought it out, maybe it sought you out. A drive through the woods late at night, wandering through a hiking trail, a wrong turn on a foggy road. One way or another you tumbled from a relatively ordinary life into this surreal place. You wandered along a paved road to the edge of town, but the place that greeted you was not what you had hoped. An uncomfortable cold flooded the air as what was ahead seemed to be utterly still in the most unnatural way. No lights were on in the houses on the outskirts, although it was hard to tell what time of day it was given the oppressive fog in the air. Soon enough you came to a sign proclaiming this place as 'Dunwater'. The name was something of a ghost story to many. Supposedly many years ago a town was constructed on the banks of the Duwamish river in Washington, but throughout all construction it was plagued by unusual events. Before it could even be fully inhabited it simply faded from the map, and all who search for it along the riverside are lost. Many say it is a haven for lost souls, and that one seeking out a lost friend or relative must travel to Dunwater. Of course widely these are widely scorned viewpoints, but then most refuse to accept it could exist at all. And yet here you stand, faced with a sign that doubt at least.

Overview

Dunwater will be a Psychological/Survival horror game inspired by the Silent Hill setting. The general setting is Washington state near the Duwamish river in April 2018. It will include scenes of violence, torture, graphic harm although the horror will not heavily center around the sexual and will be more psychological in nature. The characters will be a group of strangers who have just arrived in a strange place, waking up on the roadside together and wandering along the road to find the Dunwater sign. Some of them may have sought the place out but none have any kind of experience with the paranormal and they are mostly ordinary people. The game will focus on specific things and mostly be fairly driven, however characters are free to attempt to do anything they would like to in order to survive. The survival aspects of the game will include the necessity to find ways to eat, drink, wash and try to correctly care for any injuries sustained. Looks like interest is enough to recruit so if you would like to get involved PM me with a filled out character sheet to be discussed.

The Setting

Dunwater was a town established on the shores of the Duwamish river. Almost everything known about it is down to legend as it inexplicably vanished after construction was completed. Many disasters ruined the work including a flood, a forest fire and a brutal sickness striking down a good portion of the work force. Construction started in the early 1900's and was completed around a century ago, but the corrupt and greedy men who had built the town vanished alongside it and soon it was consigned and forgotten. Its only real contribution to the modern world became ghost stories. Most of the ones about Dunwater focused on the town having some unnatural connection to the afterlife or hell, and blaming the disasters on that. They say as it is the door to what lies beyond that it is almost a magnet for ghosts and spirits who are trapped on this realm, willingly or not, and that if one is to seek out a loved one's soul they can be found here.

Rules

-Have Respect for all others in the game both ons/offs, wishes and OOC communication.
-No post order simply post & I will post a GM response for any NPC's or things the characters discover.
-Please remember this game is not smut-focused.
-Third person paste tense, no one liners.
-Ideally looking for a minimum of 1/week post time.
-Please submit character sheets via PM to discuss them.

Character Creation

The core for character creation is just to create someone believable. Someone with likes, dislikes, a personality and a life up until this point. I am looking for human beings who possess vulnerability and flaws while also having areas in which they excel. Not looking for anyone fearless or unstoppable in any way. This game is open to characters of any gender, race and sexuality. Your character's history should include how they reached Dunwater and what they were doing before then. They've only just reached the sign alongside the other characters. I think I would prefer a group of strangers but some knowing each other could work.

Ways to arrive:
-Exploring the Duwamish banks seeking out Dunwater and found the road (Ghost hunters, believed the rumours)
-Driving at night and lost, woke up without the car at the roadside
-Walking or hiking in woods or fog, came out of the treeline onto the road
-Had a particularly vivid nightmare and woke up standing fully clothed on the road

[float=left][img height=300 padding=5]http://via.placeholder.com/300[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age[/b]: (18+)
[b]Occupation[/b]: What do they do.

[b]Physical Description[/b]: A brief description. Can include typical attire or style as well as physical information.

[b]Personality[/b]: How do they act and react to situations. What are they brave in the face of, or afraid of.

[b]History:[/b] At least a little about their life and experiences before they got here. Did they intentionally travel to Dunwater hoping to find something out either as a ghost hunter or seeking a lost loved one having grown desperate and believed rumours. What was their situation when they were transported here?

[b]Skills and Equipment:[/b] What is this person good at? Anything they have a natural talent for or have trained in for a long time. Doesn't have to be obviously helpful to survival.

[b]Flaws:[/b] What is this person bad at? Any glaring personality faults or areas they're particularly inept in.

Cryptic

What Makes A Cryp-Tic (O/Os)
"All men were made by the Great Spirit Chief. They are all brothers." ~Chief Joseph
Cryptic's Little Shop Of Mysteries (Requests)NOT CURRENTLY LOOKING
"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear." ~Martin Luther King Jr.
A/A's
“If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” ~Mother Teresa

Red Stella

*digs hole, fills with quick dry cement, adds flag, makes sure flag is straight*

Narianna

Me! Me! Me! I will work on a character and have it up around Tues.

Totoro

Awesome interest is great already. Game will absolutely be going ahead with three people, don't need that big a group really but that said more are welcome.

Alias

Totoro

Quote from: Alias on July 01, 2018, 07:31:47 AM
*scoots in* niiiice. I like this.

Hey! Awesome. Apparently July is the month of horror, surprisingly.

MistressofPen

I'm interested, too.   

Haven't made a character sheet in a while...but will dust off the tools and get started.

Alias

a note. I'm going to be writing a man.  :o

It just feels right.

Totoro

Quote from: Alias on July 01, 2018, 10:06:33 PM
a note. I'm going to be writing a man.  :o

It just feels right.

Nice, we do have all female writers so far. I think the first time I've seen you do that?

Quote from: MistressofPen on July 01, 2018, 08:51:44 PM
I'm interested, too.   

Haven't made a character sheet in a while...but will dust off the tools and get started.

Let me know if there's any way I can help, thank you for your interest and I look forward to seeing what turns up.

TheHangedOne

I'm definitely interested in this game. I also have an idea I want to run past you, Sun.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Alias

Quote from: Sun Wukong on July 02, 2018, 05:38:33 AM
Nice, we do have all female writers so far. I think the first time I've seen you do that?

Mostly female, yeah. But, it also fle like a good setting for me to flex my 'boy-writing' muscles.

Totoro

Just to note to avoid confusion with people going into it. The ghost stories about Dunwater are rumours your characters may have heard suggesting things, linking Dunwater to legends or attaching things like the lost souls and gateway to hell/the afterlife. That's not necessarily the reality of Dunwater but I would rather keep the mystery intact.

Hope that's understandable. It's all good for a character to want to get a loved one back or believe the rumours, but I want everyone to know they may well not be true.

Cryptic

Haha doesn't mean we all have to be women :P might do a guy depending. Though a group of "ghost" hunters would be quite entertaining to torment.. I mean.. yea torment
What Makes A Cryp-Tic (O/Os)
"All men were made by the Great Spirit Chief. They are all brothers." ~Chief Joseph
Cryptic's Little Shop Of Mysteries (Requests)NOT CURRENTLY LOOKING
"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear." ~Martin Luther King Jr.
A/A's
“If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” ~Mother Teresa

Totoro

Quote from: Cryptic on July 02, 2018, 08:45:36 AM
Haha doesn't mean we all have to be women :P might do a guy depending. Though a group of "ghost" hunters would be quite entertaining to torment.. I mean.. yea torment

True. Any which thing's welcome.

So far I've got a sheet for a mechanic and a concept of a ghost hunter.

TheHangedOne

Name: Erik Smith
Occupation: Odd jobs; works at haunted attractions during the Halloween season, writes in his free time, tinkers; temp placement.

Physical Description: Shoulder length chocolate brown hair, and eyes the same color; a small, but bushy beard, often soft to the touch. Erik is a man who likes to groom himself well, but doesn't take it to any sort of extreme. He prefers flannel and jeans at all times of the year, and most of his clothing is showing its age, with stitches in some places, or scraps of fabric sewn over holes.  He is rarely seen without his 'iconic' Harley Davidson cloth hat.

On that note, Erik is also a fan of leather. He takes biking seriously, and has a good helmet, chaps, riding boots and gloves, and a heavy duty, padded leather biker armor that would cost a small fortune. 

Personality: If you asked any of his... associates (he doesn't really like the term friends), Erik is cold and aloof. He might give an initial amount of trust in someone, but relationships with him progress at an almost stagnant pace. He is fond of humor, often dark humor, citing that "As long as we can laugh, things can't be that bad". In the face of past abuse and losses, he is very thick skinned, but underneath it all ultimately lies a broken child that struggles not to drown in the river of life.  He is deeply afraid of emotional closeness and connection; of loss. Failure. Abandomnent. He's tired of being the one left standing, left alone.  He is haunted by the figurative ghosts of his past, and they give him little rest or respite.  In the face of adversity, he is most likely to square his shoulders, and meet his opposition head on, with all the foolish strength and tenacity of those who willingly seek death, and have killed their instinct of self preservation.

History: Erik's life  history reads almost like a history book, in that there is a great amount of detail paid attention to all the strife, warfare, disease, and paranoia, with peace being a mere interlude; a break to go to the concession stands before the next revolting act takes place. The only time he was ever truly happy in his life was his late teens. He had a job he liked, and a girlfriend that treated him like an actual human being.  When he lost her a little bit before their one year anniversary, his world was broken, and all the color drained out of it.

He became cold, numb, and distanced himself.
trigger warning
He's even made three suicide attempts, all failed.
He still visits Alice's grave on the day that should have been their first year anniversary, placing black roses on the grave site (As black rose's do not exist naturally, he actually uses florist's dye when watering his own rose bush; this causes the root system to soak up the coloring and alter the pigmentation).

When he heard some of the rumors about Dunwater, he brushed most of them off. Tales of drunks, and fools. But one day, something caught his interest; the idea that the afterlife may very well be linked to it, much in the same way that the ancient Greeks believed that one could reach Hades (as the story of Orpheus 'demonstrates'). With little going for him in his real life--in truth, it's been ten years, but he's basically been frozen emotionally at that time--he decided to take a vacation, and take his Dyna Wideglide out for a long haul in search of this fabled ghost town. Maybe he'll find something... or maybe it will just be another waste.

Skills and Equipment: Erik's always loved to grow his own vegetables, herbs, and flowers; is both a hiking/nature and motorcycle enthusiast. These would form the 'core' set of his skills and talents, the things he is most developed at. Having worked many odd jobs, he has a miscellaneous hodgepodge of skills that he has at least a little familiarity with.   He knows enough basic first aid to resuscitate someone, or to craft a splint. He knows which berries are poisonous, and which are safe to eat. He's got a basic grasp of mechanics, but is no true mechanic; he just knows a little bit from doing maintenance work on his bike. He has the strength and endurance to handle a rowdy bar fight without getting himself too banged up (and enough sense to get out when the sirens can be heard coming).

As far as equipment goes, he would have (or much more likely, have lost) his Dyna Wideglide--a Harley Davidson motorcycle, cherry red with black flames-- folding survival knife,  a nine ounce, coffin shaped flask with 100 proof vodka in it, full set of biker armor (including knee and elbow pads, spine protector, etc; possibly missing?), and fancifully decorated biking helmet (Might have gone missing with his 'armor'), water bottles and snacks (cookies, crackers, beef jerky, stowed away in the saddlebags on his bike; meaning that his actual food supply could be vacant at the start of the game).

He also has an old, tarnished, brass Celtic knot pendant on a length of rawhide that he wears around his neck. It's an emotional anchor and connection to his ' Lost Lenore', and he believes it brings him luck and safety. This item is, in fact, something he has invested so much mental energy into, it's almost essential for his functionality for him to have it.

Flaws: Erik is not a team player. Working with other people means letting them get close, means that maybe he will get hurt... by them or because of them. Or that he'll hurt them.  As well, a lack of self preservation can be just as much a weakness as a strength; he might not just roll over and die, but he'll lack the will to hang on. Mentally, he's on his last legs; if Dunwater turns out to be another disappointment, he'll likely be unable to cope with things.

Losing his 'amulet' would basically hamstring him, and easily reduce him to a husk-like state of despair; on the flip side, seeing a chance to recover it would push him to perform at his peak limits. It is his one treasure.

Other notes: His armor and such might seem a tad overkill, which is why I'm willing for it to be disappeared when he mysteriously reaches the town (same with the bike), but that degree of protection is used by those who can A) afford it, and B) value their lives on long distance biking trips (which might seem inconsistent with his death seeker tendencies; but consider it ingrained behavior. Plus, he genuinely believes he's going to 'Pull an Orpheus').
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Totoro

Quote from: TheHangedMan on July 02, 2018, 09:17:46 AM
Name: Erik Smith
Occupation: Odd jobs; works at haunted attractions during the Halloween season, writes in his free time, tinkers; temp placement.

Physical Description: Shoulder length chocolate brown hair, and eyes the same color; a small, but bushy beard, often soft to the touch. Erik is a man who likes to groom himself well, but doesn't take it to any sort of extreme. He prefers flannel and jeans at all times of the year, and most of his clothing is showing its age, with stitches in some places, or scraps of fabric sewn over holes.  He is rarely seen without his 'iconic' Harley Davidson cloth hat.

On that note, Erik is also a fan of leather. He takes biking seriously, and has a good helmet, chaps, riding boots and gloves, and a heavy duty, padded leather biker armor that would cost a small fortune. 

Personality: If you asked any of his... associates (he doesn't really like the term friends), Erik is cold and aloof. He might give an initial amount of trust in someone, but relationships with him progress at an almost stagnant pace. He is fond of humor, often dark humor, citing that "As long as we can laugh, things can't be that bad". In the face of past abuse and losses, he is very thick skinned, but underneath it all ultimately lies a broken child that struggles not to drown in the river of life.  He is deeply afraid of emotional closeness and connection; of loss. Failure. Abandomnent. He's tired of being the one left standing, left alone.  He is haunted by the figurative ghosts of his past, and they give him little rest or respite.  In the face of adversity, he is most likely to square his shoulders, and meet his opposition head on, with all the foolish strength and tenacity of those who willingly seek death, and have killed their instinct of self preservation.

History: Erik's life  history reads almost like a history book, in that there is a great amount of detail paid attention to all the strife, warfare, disease, and paranoia, with peace being a mere interlude; a break to go to the concession stands before the next revolting act takes place. The only time he was ever truly happy in his life was his late teens. He had a job he liked, and a girlfriend that treated him like an actual human being.  When he lost her a little bit before their one year anniversary, his world was broken, and all the color drained out of it.

He became cold, numb, and distanced himself.
trigger warning
He's even made three suicide attempts, all failed.
He still visits Alice's grave on the day that should have been their first year anniversary, placing black roses on the grave site (As black rose's do not exist naturally, he actually uses florist's dye when watering his own rose bush; this causes the root system to soak up the coloring and alter the pigmentation).

When he heard some of the rumors about Dunwater, he brushed most of them off. Tales of drunks, and fools. But one day, something caught his interest; the idea that the afterlife may very well be linked to it, much in the same way that the ancient Greeks believed that one could reach Hades (as the story of Orpheus 'demonstrates'). With little going for him in his real life--in truth, it's been ten years, but he's basically been frozen emotionally at that time--he decided to take a vacation, and take his Dyna Wideglide out for a long haul in search of this fabled ghost town. Maybe he'll find something... or maybe it will just be another waste.

Skills and Equipment: Erik's always loved to grow his own vegetables, herbs, and flowers; is both a hiking/nature and motorcycle enthusiast. These would form the 'core' set of his skills and talents, the things he is most developed at. Having worked many odd jobs, he has a miscellaneous hodgepodge of skills that he has at least a little familiarity with.   He knows enough basic first aid to resuscitate someone, or to craft a splint. He knows which berries are poisonous, and which are safe to eat. He's got a basic grasp of mechanics, but is no true mechanic; he just knows a little bit from doing maintenance work on his bike. He has the strength and endurance to handle a rowdy bar fight without getting himself too banged up (and enough sense to get out when the sirens can be heard coming).

As far as equipment goes, he would have (or much more likely, have lost) his Dyna Wideglide--a Harley Davidson motorcycle, cherry red with black flames-- folding survival knife,  a nine ounce, coffin shaped flask with 100 proof vodka in it, full set of biker armor (including knee and elbow pads, spine protector, etc; possibly missing?), and fancifully decorated biking helmet (Might have gone missing with his 'armor'), water bottles and snacks (cookies, crackers, beef jerky, stowed away in the saddlebags on his bike; meaning that his actual food supply could be vacant at the start of the game).

He also has an old, tarnished, brass Celtic knot pendant on a length of rawhide that he wears around his neck. It's an emotional anchor and connection to his ' Lost Lenore', and he believes it brings him luck and safety. This item is, in fact, something he has invested so much mental energy into, it's almost essential for his functionality for him to have it.

Flaws: Erik is not a team player. Working with other people means letting them get close, means that maybe he will get hurt... by them or because of them. Or that he'll hurt them.  As well, a lack of self preservation can be just as much a weakness as a strength; he might not just roll over and die, but he'll lack the will to hang on. Mentally, he's on his last legs; if Dunwater turns out to be another disappointment, he'll likely be unable to cope with things.

Losing his 'amulet' would basically hamstring him, and easily reduce him to a husk-like state of despair; on the flip side, seeing a chance to recover it would push him to perform at his peak limits. It is his one treasure.

Other notes: His armor and such might seem a tad overkill, which is why I'm willing for it to be disappeared when he mysteriously reaches the town (same with the bike), but that degree of protection is used by those who can A) afford it, and B) value their lives on long distance biking trips (which might seem inconsistent with his death seeker tendencies; but consider it ingrained behavior. Plus, he genuinely believes he's going to 'Pull an Orpheus').

Could you send this to me via PM? Thanks. Not an issue to have CS's here but I prefer to discuss via PM.

Chreestafer

Definitely interested!

Is plausible playing a character who just got lost traveling through and ended up with the scooby gang?
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Totoro

Quote from: Chreestafer on July 02, 2018, 09:27:56 AM
Definitely interested!

Is plausible playing a character who just got lost traveling through and ended up with the scooby gang?

So basically all the characters ideally don't really know one another anyway.

You can get here being lost anywhere at all, across America. Whether hiking in the woods alone, walking up a foggy mountain it doesn't much matter they can just come out of the fog or trees onto this roadside and find the town sign with the others.

Chreestafer

Quote from: Sun Wukong on July 02, 2018, 09:35:43 AM
So basically all the characters ideally don't really know one another anyway.

You can get here being lost anywhere at all, across America. Whether hiking in the woods alone, walking up a foggy mountain it doesn't much matter they can just come out of the fog or trees onto this roadside and find the town sign with the others.

Awesome! I'll definitely be working on a character later tonight after work.
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Totoro

Answering the #1 F.A.Q in case anyone's not sure:

The year is 2018, 2nd of April at game start. Wherever your character got here from you can base their attire and what they were up to around that.

In case anyone's not aware you can get here from anywhere across America, don't have to be from or in Washington.

Narianna

Name: Allison "Alli" Hassen

Physical Description: Hair the color of spun gold, hung naturally in fluffy waves about her face, though she usually curls it. Alli has deep blue eyes, her brow often furrowed in concentration. She is short 5'1" and a petite 109 lbs. She is not trendy or provocative, wearing generic jeans and tee shirts or tank tops. IF she wears any makeup, it's a natural look.

Personality: Alli is sweet, kind, caring, and loving, and also a bit on the dramatic side. She is absolutely convinced she is a medium of sorts. She's not and has never actually seen a ghost but she believes without a doubt that she has. She goes ghost hunting with a group of local friends and they have all claimed to have seen and interacted with numerous spirits. Alli has the typical foolish fearlessness of a teenager having never experienced her own mortality.

History: Alli has graduated high school and is enrolled in her first year of college at Washington State University. She lives on campus in the dorms with a roommate and works at Highland Coffee Shop there on campus. She scoffs at preppy sorority stuff, inclined to be a jaded punk of a teenager. When she was 15 years old, she lost her twin brother, Connor, when playing in the Duwamish River behind their riverfront house. He drowned and his body was never found. Alli is convinced that he visits her nightly in her dreams. She has heard tales of being reconnected with loved ones in the town of Dunwater and has set off in search of the town.

Skills and Equipment: She can make an amazing latte and the perfect ratio of foam to espresso in a cappuccino. She has average intelligence, with a mind for puzzle solving. She comes equipped with a backpack for hiking. A couple changes of clothes, a towel, rope, flashlight, bedroll, simple tool kit, pocketknife, first aid kit, and a few cans of veggies and beans. Alli is fiercely independent, but more than that, she has a burning desire to reconnect with her long lost brother and will do anything it takes to see him again.

Flaws: Alli is headstrong and doesn't think before acting. She's also passionate, making it difficult for her to think calmly and rationally in situations involving things she cares about. She is fearless, resulting in a few broken bones and scrapes and more than one police altercation.

Totoro

Quote from: Narianna on July 03, 2018, 08:15:02 AM

Physical Description: Hair the color of spun gold, hung naturally in fluffy waves about her face, though she usually curls it. Alli has deep blue eyes, her brow often furrowed in concentration. She is short 5'1" and a petite 109 lbs. She is not trendy or provocative, wearing generic jeans and tee shirts or tank tops. IF she wears any makeup, it's a natural look.

Personality: Alli is sweet, kind, caring, and loving, and also a bit on the dramatic side. She is absolutely convinced she is a medium of sorts. She's not and has never actually seen a ghost but she believes without a doubt that she has. She goes ghost hunting with a group of local friends and they have all claimed to have seen and interacted with numerous spirits. Alli has the typical foolish fearlessness of a teenager having never experienced her own mortality.

History: Alli has graduated high school and is enrolled in her first year of college at Washington State University. She lives on campus in the dorms with a roommate and works at Highland Coffee Shop there on campus. She scoffs at preppy sorority stuff, inclined to be a jaded punk of a teenager. When she was 15 years old, she lost her twin brother, Connor, when playing in the Duwamish River behind their riverfront house. He drowned and his body was never found. Alli is convinced that he visits her nightly in her dreams. She has heard tales of being reconnected with loved ones in the town of Dunwater and has set off in search of the town.

Skills and Equipment: She can make an amazing latte and the perfect ratio of foam to espresso in a cappuccino. She has average intelligence, with a mind for puzzle solving. She comes equipped with a backpack for hiking. A couple changes of clothes, a towel, rope, flashlight, bedroll, simple tool kit, first aid kit, and a few cans of veggies and beans. Alli is fiercely independent, but more than that, she has a burning desire to reconnect with her long lost brother and will do anything it takes to see him again.

Flaws: Alli is headstrong and doesn't think before acting. She's also passionate, making it difficult for her to think calmly and rationally in situations involving things she cares about. She is fearless, resulting in a few broken bones and scrapes and more than one police altercation.

Could you send this to me via PM for discussion/questions, thanks.

Narianna

Personality: Alli is sweet, kind, caring, and loving, and also a bit on the dramatic side. She is absolutely convinced she is a medium of sorts. She's not and has never actually seen a ghost but she believes without a doubt that she has. She goes ghost hunting with a group of local friends and they have all claimed to have seen and interacted with numerous spirits. Alli has the typical foolish fearlessness of a teenager having never experienced her own mortality. When I say she's fearless, I mean more so in physical situations. She's headstrong and her reactions to conflict and conversations alike are more knee jerk than thought out. It presents quite a few problems when conversing with adults and her superiors. However, she's not gruff or angry in nature so her responses don't tend to be mean or callous.

History: Alli has graduated high school and is enrolled in her first year of college at Washington State University. She lives on campus in the dorms with a roommate and works at Highland Coffee Shop there on campus. She scoffs at preppy sorority stuff, inclined to be a jaded punk of a teenager. When she was 15 years old, she lost her twin brother, Connor, when playing in the Duwamish River behind their riverfront house. He drowned and his body was never found. Alli is convinced that he visits her nightly in her dreams. She has heard tales of being reconnected with loved ones in the town of Dunwater and has set off in search of the town. Growing up, her parents were working middle class. They both had jobs, leaving her and her brother to often fend for themselves before and after school. She was an average student in a traditional school, making A's and B's. The schoolwork was above average in difficulty compared to public schools but she wasn't really a brainiac. That was her brother. Her brother excelled at everything. He was the top student in every grade, the most popular boy, star athlete, you name it. Alli tended to live in his shadow. She never minded, though. She was happy for her brother. But her friends were his friends and when he died, she struggled to find her own identity. Contact with his friends faded over time and she found her own clique amongst the weirdos and outcasts; the freaks that were into gaming and ghost hunting, which they referred to as "spooking." She's currently taking a full schedule of core classes in college. English, social studies, math, science, freshman 101, etc. And she's set out on her own on Spring Break because of the personal nature of her quest. She feels if she's alone, she'll be able to commune more fully with her brother without distractions.

Skills and Equipment: She can make an amazing latte and the perfect ratio of foam to espresso in a cappuccino. She has average intelligence, with a mind for puzzle solving. She comes equipped with a backpack for hiking. A couple changes of clothes, a towel, rope, flashlight, bedroll, simple tool kit, pocketknife, first aid kit, and a few cans of veggies and beans. Alli is fiercely independent, but more than that, she has a burning desire to reconnect with her long lost brother and will do anything it takes to see him again.

Totoro

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=290170.0

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=290171.0

Player character sheet thread and OOC chatter thread are up here. If your sheet has been approved via PM please post it up in the characters thread and then feel free to say hi to the fellow players in the OOC chat. Looking forward to getting everyone introduced and getting the game started.