Can't remember the name...

Started by MabFaerie, June 18, 2010, 10:59:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MabFaerie

So this has been bugging me for a while now, and if there are any other video game geeks about perhaps you can help me out.

So quite a few years back, say maybe ten at most, I played two really neat rpgs. The main character was a rich boy, who went by the name of Max or Mag. I'm not sure. He had a butler and lived in his home with said butler and his best friend. The best friend was a shy, blonde haired girl named Linear or Lunear, not sure exactly.
Anywho, Max was a treasure hunter of sorts, so you spent like the whole game traversing through multiple levels of a dungeon (or various dungeons, can't recall every detail when your 12 X.X) looking for certain artifacts and the like to pay off some sort of debt I beilieve.
There was another treasure hunter, who had a name that was a metal reference I think, who had bright red hair and acted like a tomboy. She was always trying to out best Max.
Max fought with a gun I think, his butler just smacked people, Linear fought with a frying pan and was totally useless in battle except for her healing spells and she almost never talked, like ever. Til the middle/end of the game where you find out she'd like a goddess and then she only talks to mag.
There were other characters, an old, hot ass female treasure hunter named pepper box that helped out now and then.
As for the others, I don't remember.
The game was for dreamcast, and the sequel which was later released was all in japanese voice acting with american subtitles.

I can't remember the name of this game to save my life x.x
Please help me?
I know it seems pointless and silly, but it's been bugging me forever.
If anybody knows or has a vague idea of what it might be, PLEASE tell me. <3
The mind is it's own place; and can make a heaven of hell; and a hell of heaven.

Avi

I do believe you're talking about Mag Launcher and Linear Cannon from the Evolution series. :)
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

MabFaerie

OMG win!! I googled it and you were right!!! <3 <3 Thankyou soooooo much, that had been bugging me forever!!
The mind is it's own place; and can make a heaven of hell; and a hell of heaven.

MabFaerie

The offical title for the gamecube remake which combined the first and second together and gave it an english voiceover, was named Evolution World. =D