Gunstar Autochthonia Campaign - Recruitment Thread!

Started by BruceTheCat, August 30, 2014, 10:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReijiTabibito

So noted.  You mentioned that past Breeding 3, though, the cost was normal?  Remind me what that was, again...it's either 1BP or 1 Background to get to B3, and then it's...

Re Z L

To be honest I have no idea, they're not very clear on what they mean.

I would guess that they mean as a normal background, instead of the high costs presented in the DB book since that's after millennia of poor breeding.

Since you can't raise backgrounds above 3 without bonus points, it would cost another 2 bonus points per dot to raise breeding beyond 3.
A&A

AndyZ

Did we end up deciding whether the combat was going to be freeform or not?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

BruceTheCat

I think I would like to put it to a vote of the people who are currently interested. Let me make a few quick points to help you choose, so we all know what to expect.

If we go with the Exalted system, combat will take longer since ultimately we will need to wait on people's combat posts. There are things we can do to alleviate that delay, for instance setting a time requirement before we skip to the next person, or letting people PM me their movies. Having a system would hold more true to the core of Exalted difficulty theme, and I would be able to reward experience. So we can actually grow stronger as the game continues. I would be making all of the rolls. However, if we go with a system, then I will have to do a lot of Storyteller type stuff that you guys as players may not like or be familiar with in your own games. I have a way that I like running Exalted, which prioritizes my idea for the setting and story and less towards White Wolf's vision of the game. Allowing Manses is one example, as well as adding in some Warhammer like races. You guys will need to roll with it and trust that I've done this a bunch of times before. There may even be some "I don't agree with that" and me saying "That's ok" happening at some points. I'm not an asshole, trust me.

If we go free-form, combat will be faster and there will be no required posting order. So the game will move just as fast as people post. I've GMed a bunch of free form games and have a good feel for combat. But ultimately what is going to happen is you will make attacks, and I will say whether it hits or not based on what is appropriate for the scene and story. We can still use charms, but they will be just to enhance aesthetics and add flavor to posts. I will factor in the purpose of the charm in the outcome of your attack. Also if we do free-form, I would be removing perfect attacks and defenses from the game. Since we won't be tracking essence in combat. This style could be more collaborative with the players since things can change on the fly without affecting the game. But growth and power increase won't be significant from your starting character.

So, abbreviated that's what I think would be different. Let me know what you guys would prefer to do! I am going to remain impartial for now and just address any questions you have until the votes are in.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

AndyZ

I'll probably go with Steel Orchid if we do system combat and Infinite Sky if we do freeform combat.  I could be convinced otherwise, but it seems like Steel Orchid would be at her best in combat and I feel like I'd be buying lots of Charms just to fluff up the freeform aspect of stuff.  In my experience, freeforming ranged weaponry (which Sky would have) works better whereas melee is better with a system (like Steel Orchid would have).
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Re Z L

Generally I would prefer using the system for combat, but I'm not too particular either way.
A&A

Muse

I got a somewhat different reading, Rez.  Seemed to me they still had pretty intensive eugenics programs to keep dragon blooded lineages strong. 

I, too, would far prefer we use the system. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Atarn

Hey Red, would it be possible for my character to pilot a version of the Scarlett Empress voidship?
A sudden storm in
    summer, the brightest
    star at night; an
    opportunist rogue,
    confessor of sins
    a master of hearts
    a dominant lover

BruceTheCat

Can you expand on what you mean by a version of the Scarlett Empress? That could mean a lot of different things.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Atarn

Well, a Solar-adapted version of it. So not that particular ship per se, but the second generation of it?
A sudden storm in
    summer, the brightest
    star at night; an
    opportunist rogue,
    confessor of sins
    a master of hearts
    a dominant lover

Lockepick

It looks like this game filled up quickly! I'm having some trouble following exactly who/what is in the game.

If there are still any spots open -- any chance I could get a quick list of who is playing, and what they're playing, so I can be sure to contribute something to the group?
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

BruceTheCat

Hey there lockepick. Currently we only have three players for sure. I only reserve spots once characters have been submitted and approved. So right now there are plenty of openings.

I would say no Atarn. I'm not able to look at the moment, but I believe the Scarlet Empress is a 5 dot artifact ship. I don't want people starting with her than artifact 4 gear unless the receive special permission. Which is given if I feel the item is integral to the characters back story and concept.
- scribus1000

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Red Lobster on September 03, 2014, 09:59:51 AM
Can you expand on what you mean by a version of the Scarlett Empress? That could mean a lot of different things.

Scarlet Empress exists in Gunstar setting (interesting enough) and she succeed to operate a special mecha x voidfigther which was designed for solar but so far had refused to attune to anyone. She attuned, used it on desperate gambit to save Gunstar and she became heroine and most famous DB pilot in Gunstar history (and it's still investigated how/why she managed attune on the prototype which was designed only to solars).

Inspired by that story Rhaesa build the vessel which Jay Jadestar pilots (it's not mecha but it's a hyper up voidfigther).

Anyways I have preference on system as I am familiar with it and it stays loyal to exalted feeling more better than freeform. Anyways what comes to DB's there are no gens, houses nor clans or anything. DB's are just regular Gunstar citizens who are entitled exaltation of elemental dragons and in Gunstar they have genetic records which observe breeding of the DB's but so far they do not enforce it really (but it's often take account when DB's decide to become couple or marry to see do their match up produce good genetics for future). Or there are some specific groups which only marry to DB's (more as tradition).

Overall though build DB like he had normal life before exalting and got to send to academy in very young age (families may or may not protest from their child taken away and put into cogs and wheels of the Gunstar government but so far I know the contact is not destroyed....just separated from family for several years until you graduate, but universally speaking becoming a DB is more blessing than curse for families and the population admires their heroes deeply).

BruceTheCat

Thanks Zaer. I know what the Scarlet Empress is in the setting, I just wanted to get an idea of what he had in mind for a version of it.
- scribus1000

Atarn

Eh, not integral, I just like Veritechs more than Jet Fighters In SPace!
Which of course White Wolf messed up ^^
A sudden storm in
    summer, the brightest
    star at night; an
    opportunist rogue,
    confessor of sins
    a master of hearts
    a dominant lover

Zaer Darkwail

Or you could pick Warstrider and be so 'mecha' in space (albeit you would need vessel to transport you onto battlefield and if it happens in void of space you need method travel there).

BruceTheCat

Sure, you can definitely go with a space warstrider that is just artifact 4.
- scribus1000

Atarn

A sudden storm in
    summer, the brightest
    star at night; an
    opportunist rogue,
    confessor of sins
    a master of hearts
    a dominant lover

Lockepick

Can I reserve a spot? Or does that require me to offer up a full concept/sheet to do so? Apologies, not trying to be lazy -- just want to make sure I get in quick before it fills up!
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

BruceTheCat

It would require you to offer a full sheet and concept, and get approval on it before your spot is reserved.
- scribus1000

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Red Lobster on September 03, 2014, 03:59:17 PM
It would require you to offer a full sheet and concept, and get approval on it before your spot is reserved.

Like mine, albeit I still need edit it quite bit and have room edit if anyone wants to be part my char background.

ReijiTabibito

Can anyone remind me how the Craft Skill works?  Is each one a separate skill, or is it the same overall, or...?

BruceTheCat

- scribus1000

ReijiTabibito

Quick question to put out to those more attuned to the Alchemical Exalted.  Beamklaive or a gyroscopic chakram?  Also, beamklaives have settings for 'elemental power cores' just like their mundane counterparts?

AndyZ

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on September 03, 2014, 05:16:54 PM
Can anyone remind me how the Craft Skill works?  Is each one a separate skill, or is it the same overall, or...?

Reiji, are you planning on a crafter?