Daemon Seed Incursion (4E D&D, or Systemless ) NC, Exotic - Semi Full

Started by Melendrith, March 20, 2017, 01:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melendrith

THE DAEMON SEED INCURSION

No one knows exactly when the abyssal rift first took shape, out in the desolation that was the Shattered Plain. It was but a stretch of blighted wastelands, the aftermath of a titanic magical battle that took place centuries ago between a few archmages centuries ago. Their confrontation ravaged the once lush lands and poisoned the ground with destructive magic, and ripping the space with sporadic reality bending fissures into planes best left unknown. Perhaps it would be through some of these rents that the abyssal entities first obtained enough form to enter the world and spread their insidious influence, starting first with the hardy scavenging creatures and residual magical beings that inhabited the Shattered Plain.

Whatever the details, the first sign that the world at large would receive of something gone terribly wrong would be a crushing assault upon Fort Ganlon, about 20 miles from the Plain. Survivors from the fort and the lands it sheltered have returned to the human kingdom of Endor, reporting of organised squads of monstrous beasts, perhaps directed by shadowy forms in the distance, or perhaps by a sinister intellect within their cruel eyes. The creatures were said to have slain wantonly, but some were spared, they were not sure why.

As the lords of Endor sent scouts and adventurers to investigate, news also came from scouts of the elven forests of near the plains coming under the same incursion, but to a lesser effect, although several villages had been levelled. The scrying by the elven diviners were limited by the magical storms that sporadically manifest upon the plains, but they managed to piece together precious information and share it with the kingdom of Endor.

Somewhere within the Shattered Plain was the centre of the abyssal rift, where demons, devils and other horrors entering from other planes manifested easily, but beyond that they were limited how far they could range before their otherworldly nature caused them to start to fray from existence. Of greater concern though was how they were overcoming this limitation - they possessed creatures of this world, and used them to spawn other creatures, that were fully native to this plane of existence and yet of abyssal origin, and used them to range ever further afield to spread the taint. Such demonspawn or devilspawn, as they were termed, were all exclusively male and were capable of reproducing with females of any kind, and could also served as compatible hosts for the devil or demon possessions far from the rift. For this reason also, they slew males wantonly but females were bound for a far crueler fate, at least until their bodies gave out.

Perhaps there were other influences affecting the eventual decision, but after convening to discuss, the ruling powers of the two kingdoms kept the information quiet to themselves, and as they reinforced the border, called upon female adventurers to scout and map out the land. They reasoned that as long as survivors returned with suitable information about the lay of the land and the epicentre of this incursion, they could eventually deal with it at its root.

=========

To the curious, some other adventuring notes that may be of interest is that the rift has a definite origin and cause, with a dungeon at the end of it. The reason why human, elf and half-elves (and intelligent races) are preferred is due to the intelligence of the offspring and their ability to shift their forms. Lastly, the Blood War is still ongoing, but there are certain parameters before they will actively ignore others and engage. What is also unknown is that carnal contact with a male spawn causes the female to become aroused, increasingly so until they are no longer able to think coherently or resist when another spawn attacks them. This is all information not known to most in the setting, and may be revealed during the course of the game.

=========

Looking for up to three female characters, and you are welcome to post or PM any special requests for monsters. Although birthing and impregnation are mentioned in the write-up, they will not be RPed and may just be mentioned in a passing way (unless the player requests for it in PM etc), unless everyone of the three are explicitly all right with it.

Stats : 22 point buy
Starting Level 2

Race: Humans, Eladrin, Elves, Half-Elves. Other medium sized humanoid race are allowed, but subject to approval. Note that eladrins will be referenced as elves or high elves.

Image:
Name:
Race: If it is not one of the above, it will be treated as pending approval.
Class: Either one base class, or a hybrid.
Simple Backstory: Why you are in for the mission will suffice
Kinks:
Turn offs:
Clothing/Armor as HP : Yes, Player posts / Yes, GM posts / No
*Tactical Combat: Yes / No

* - Due to the low number of characters, no maps will be used. If you're not into tactical combat, it will be mostly hitting one target and just taking note of what AoOs you are provoking. If you wish to be tactical about the combat together, please take note of your positioning, notably who is adjacent to who, and who is flanking who. If it is ambiguous, we will randomize whether the targets can be caught by an AoE.

=============

SPECIAL RULES

Modified Inherent Bonuses: Each character chooses from either Attack, AC or NAD.
At L2, the character gains a +1 inherent bonus to their choice.
At L4, the character gains +1 inherent bonus to attack, AC and NAD.
Both bonuses increase every 5 levels. Being of the same type, they do not stack.

Born under a Bad Sign: You always use your highest Stat for calculating HP, in place of Constitution.

Math Fixes: All characters have a +1 feat bonus to attack, damage, and to all non-AC defenses, ie Fortitude Reflex Will. This bonus increases to +2 at L11 and +3 at L21.

Racial Bonuses : All races except humans have +2 to any two stats.
Humans may give up your Human Defenses and Extra feat for an extra +2 to a separate stat.

Skills : There are no class skills, and if your class limits you to less than four skills, you may choose any four skills to be trained.
All races that have +2 to two skills may instead choose +2 to any two skills.

Equipment & Magic Item : You start with an Adventurer's Kit. You may also choose 1 magical item of no more than your Level + 2. Each time you level up, you may change this magic item, just indicate what it is. You may not buy any other items, and gold is not tracked.

Immediate Actions: The GM will resolve attack and damage and spell out all the effects, before you decide which attack you want to apply your immediate action to.

Daily Powers : There are no Daily powers, even those under Utility. However, all your encounter attack powers that do nothing if all the attack rolls miss gain the Reliable keyword.

Encounter Surges : Instead of daily surges, each non defender character has 2 surges per encounter, and pure defenders have 3 surges per encounter. If you have Constitution 14 or the Durable feat, you have 1 more surge per encounter than usual, but these 2 sources do not stack. If you end an encounter with at least 1 surge left, you start with full HP the next encounter.
There is no other way to start with extra enc surges.

Second Wind : Second Wind is now an At Will power, but you need at least 1 surge to use it. Likewise, your party members may also force Second Wind on you if you have at least 1 surge.

Action Points : You start with 1 Action point, and do not regain any until you level up. Each time you spend an Action Point, you regain 1 expended Enc Surge.

Extended Rest : As you might have guessed, there are no extended rests.

XP/Level Gain : You gain 1 XP per encounter you participate in, and gain 1 level per 4 XP. If you are reduced to 0 HP and fail at least 1 "death saving throw", it counts as 1 more XP.
Notwithstanding above, the highest level char will be no more than 4 Levels higher than lowest Level char. If you gain XP but are not able to advance, you can "pass" the XP to the lowest level char.

"Death" Saving Throw (DST): If your character is unconscious, you only roll "Death" Saving Throw when you are being actively ravaged by an enemy. However, if you roll a 20, you may immediately spend 1 surge if you have any, or be restored to 1 HP if you have none.
If you fail 3 DSTs, you do not die but are not able to participate in that encounter further. Effectively, your character is reduced to gibbering mess begging to be used until some time later.
In the case of a TPK, all characters are assume to have "died"

Aftermath of "Death" : Your character has become partially addicted to being used by spawn. You take a -1 penalty to all d20 rolls until you gain 4 more XP.
In addition, when you are first bloodied during an encounter against spawn, you make an unmodified saving throw. If you fail, you spend the standard action of your next turn using your most damaging at will against yourself, and automatically hit (effectively weakening, denuding or surrendering yourself). If you "die" more times, the penalty to this save is increased by 2, up to an autofail (5 "deaths").
Alternatively, you can retire your character - perhaps she has been impregnated, or wanders off in search of more spawn on her own - and bring in a new character 2 levels lower.
Notwithstanding above, the highest level char will be no more than 4 Levels lower than the highest level char, and minimum L2. The GM may at discretion reduce the 2 level lower loss, typically to allow others to advance.

RESTRICTIONS

No character may be an undead, a construct, or an otherwise non-fertile race.

No character may be a tiefling or a dwarf.

No characters may be a Vampire or a Fire Elementalist.

No Themes nor Backgrounds

No Player Allies : No characters are allowed any pets, animal companions, etc. No Feybeast tamer etc.

No Raise Dead, for obvious reasons.

No Rituals. They will not be used in play.

Lyrandar Windrider, Champion of the Order and Morninglord Paragon Paths are not allowed.
White Lotus feats are not allowed.
All class features, feats and items that prevent you from provoking OAs when making ranged and/or area attacks apply a -2 penalty to attack when doing so.

===============

SYSTEMLESS D20

If you like the idea but can't be bothered with the system (or are not familiar with 4E), prefer to roll nothing but d20, and leave the hitpoint / damage tracking to the GM, choose your race and one of the following classes and indicate "SYSTEMLESS" behind the class.

- Cleric (Warpriest)
- Fighter (Slayer) : A two-handed weapon using fighter that specializes in dealing damage.
- Paladin (Cavalier)
- Rogue (Thief)
- Sorcerer (Elementalist)
- Wizard (Mage)

Your damage is always a certain ratio of the enemy Hitpoints.
Note that Elementalists, Slayers, Thieves deal more damage as they are strikers.

=======

CHANGELOG

Edit: deleted a line on GM controlling your char when you attack. Effectively I sort out the nitty gritty details on what you decide to do and make d20 rolls accordingly

Edit 2: added "pure" in bold to defenders under Enc Surges. Meaning hybrid defenders will not get the extra surge

Edit 3 dd 23 Mar 17 : changed some references/typos under Level/XP so they show XP instead of encounters. Under Enc Surges, fixed a typo "if they have none" to "if you have none" Added a line in bold at the end of Enc Surges. Separated this section into a "Changelog"

Edit dd 24 Mar 17: Added Level band of 4 levels to both XP and Retirement section. Also added options for highest player and also for GM.
Discord ID Zyraen
known as Ahzran^ or Dakushna^ on mIRC

Melendrith

Post Frequency of 1 post every 2 to 3 days.
Ideally once a day, perhaps more.

Out of combat RP, 2 to 3 paragraphs is good, more or less is good but do not exceed 8 paragraphs or equivalent in text.

In combat, posts may be just 1 paragraph if you wish, ideally to keep the pace going. If the combat is deemed easy and 2 players are moving at a much faster pace, I might help speed things along by using a 4th party PC who will stand in for the quiet one. Effectively she is a "GM" NPC.

Trust this helps.
Discord ID Zyraen

FragarachZ

Posting interest in this, both in a group game or as a solo game (willing to roll up a party of adventurers if needed).
I like late 4e and its tactical system, and putting a naughty twist on it is fun.
I'll make a character when I'm not braindead in a late night hour and post, but for starters I'd be interested in ranger (scout) or fighter (knight).
O&O

Flying Tengu

I have some amount of interest in this, as long as the enemies aren't too monstrous.

I'm very familiar with 4e, although for pbp simplicity, I'd probably be inclined towards a slayer.

FragarachZ

Also thinking along the lines of a warpriest in my excitement. Out of curiosity, how would "hp as clothing" work with heavy armored characters or regaining hp during combat?
O&O

Servile Sliver

I'm definitely interested, I'll get a reserve up in a bit and an actual character sheet sometime later tonight.

Melendrith

Thank you for all your interest! :) here I was worried that no one here actually knows 4E, this is very encouraging.

Quote from: Flying Tengu on March 22, 2017, 01:46:05 PM
I have some amount of interest in this, as long as the enemies aren't too monstrous.

Thank you for your interest Flying Tengu :) Note that i had the "shift their forms" in adventuring notes in the original post just in case players might have concerns just like you.

That said, to better understand you

- what do you mean by too monstrous? Perhaps using two or three iconic monsters where one is all right but another is too monstrous might help. And what do you think of tentacles?

- would you consider realistic animal enemies (that elliquiy classifies as Extreme under Bestiality) like Dire Wolves more monstrous than actual monsters like Werewolves that may have animal-like features (interestingly elliquiy classifies under Exotic) ?

- would the "too monstrous" consideration apply to your own character only, or would seeing monstrous enemies do things to other characters detract from your enjoyment of the game? Even if the players of the actual victim don't mind.

Quote from: FragarachZ on March 22, 2017, 04:58:13 PMhow would "hp as clothing" work with heavy armored characters or regaining hp during combat?

I had guessed that someone who uses "armor as HP" would probably be wearing video game female armor?  ;D Never gave it much thought to realistic armor with relation to this thread, I have to admit. While I think anything near realistic heavy armor wouldn't work, the following healing might work with realistic heavy armor.

For healing, healers could be using a variation of the Mend cantrip, and/or players will each have their own wand of Mending they can fiddle with out of combat to get their HP back up. Either way it takes time for individual pieces to mend back. This works reasonably even with realistic armor, but of course for vicarious reasons I think it is more fun if you are at least significantly more revealed :)

Note that using "armor/clothing as HP" is least jarring if everyone agrees to use it. Weirdness arising might be
- the orc hits character A, and her battered breastplate falls off. Then he hits character B, inflicting a bloody gash on her side.

But if others do not mind, that is fine. And unless you allow me to by choosing "Yes, GM posts", I generally will not describe how you receive your wounds, except in general rather than specific terms.

General terms "The orc strikes Lyaelin with a devastating blow!"

Specific terms "Lyaelin's desperate shot flies true, the bolt embedding itself deep into the orc's eye, and pierces out the back of its skull."

I will however be more inclined to take over the moment you are reduced to 0, if for nothing else because my enemies tend to act together (I usually roll 3 initiatives and choose the middle one), and after you are down, there may be one or two more who would like to interact with you ;)
Discord ID Zyraen

Servile Sliver

Image:

Name: Shialyn Starfallen

Race: Elf

Class: Ranger

Simple Backstory: Shialyn hails from a small elven hamlet near the borders of the Shattered Plains, far enough from the epicenter of the rift to be relatively safe but close enough for the clan elders to fear for the safety of the village. Hailing from a family of hunters, guides, and scouts, Shialyn has always had a penchant for self reliance and an adventurous, martial spirit. When rumors of demon attacks began to come in from nearby elven villages and human farmsteads the elders organized a scouting party of the tribe's most cunning warriors. Shialyn naturally volunteered and left her home for the first time to seek information about the attacks. Her party found nothing but charred ruins and dead bodies, they happened upon the sites of demonic attacks but weren't able to gather any real intelligence without venturing into the rift itself.

Fearful of the coming darkness, the village elders have sent Shialyn to the nearby human kingdom to learn what she can of the malady in the Shattered Plains, gather what aid she can for her people, and if necessary volunteer her services to the group of adventurers planning to assault the keep.

Kinks: Force, non-con, monsters/beasts, coercion, humiliation, bondage

Turn offs: Mind control

Clothing/Armor as HP : Yes, that sounds interesting

Tactical Combat: No, that sort of thing gets too confusing unless everyone is sitting around a battle mat.

Ershin

Definitely interested! Going to take a little while for me to dig my 4e books up though, been a while since they've seen any use.

schnookums

Hmm, this looks like a really intriguing idea, although it also looks like you've got more interest than spots available ;)

Melendrith

Wow and here I had thought there would be no interest in the poor system abandoned by its creators o.O

We could separate into 2 groups, some possible splits being one with a closer focus on narrative (ie stuff happening to the characters) and another more with tactical combat (not losing, not experiencing a TPK, and perhaps even employing new tactics in this setting to let someone keep the mobs busy  >:) )
Discord ID Zyraen

Kathyan

Quote from: schnookums on March 23, 2017, 12:56:02 AM
Hmm, this looks like a really intriguing idea, although it also looks like you've got more interest than spots available ;)

Same thoughts here

Also it's been a while since I played 4e but I do know the system so if you indeed make a second group color me interested ^^

Flying Tengu

Quote from: Melendrith on March 22, 2017, 07:38:14 PM
Thank you for your interest Flying Tengu :) Note that i had the "shift their forms" in adventuring notes in the original post just in case players might have concerns just like you.

That said, to better understand you

- what do you mean by too monstrous? Perhaps using two or three iconic monsters where one is all right but another is too monstrous might help. And what do you think of tentacles?

- would you consider realistic animal enemies (that elliquiy classifies as Extreme under Bestiality) like Dire Wolves more monstrous than actual monsters like Werewolves that may have animal-like features (interestingly elliquiy classifies under Exotic) ?

- would the "too monstrous" consideration apply to your own character only, or would seeing monstrous enemies do things to other characters detract from your enjoyment of the game? Even if the players of the actual victim don't mind.

Great questions!  I'll do my best to answer.

The first two I'll take as a single, since it works better that way.  You actually have the right of it with the second question; the closer something is to an animal, the more uncomfortable it will make me.  I would say that I can handle something being about 60% bestial at the most.  Orcs are fine!  Satyrs are fine, imagining them as humans but with legs being a bit goat-like.  The classic demon, with colored skin, horns, a tail, and wings, would be just fine.  A gnoll... might be pushing it; I've always seen them as having entirely hyena heads, hunched posture, and full fur.  A werewolf may or may not be pushing it, depending on how many human features it retained.  I think I'd be ok if one of the following was true: they had some human facial features (so more wolf-man than wolf), or they stood fully upright and had hands instead of paws, or they had a mostly human torso and legs, with either very light fur or just heavy hair.

Curiously, if you skip over bestial entirely, I also have no problem with it.  I'm not "all tentacle monsters all the time", but I'd certainly enjoy the occasional tentacle monster.  Especially if it's completely alien or plant-like; an octopus would weird me out a bit.

Hope that helps!

For the remaining part, I have absolutely no problem with this happening to other characters.

I'm fine with armor loss/damage, and rather expect that my character's armor would be comic/video game style, chosen more for aesthetic appeal than something that a real-world warrior would actually wear.  If I might make a suggestion, perhaps tie it in to the healing surges system a bit?  Initial armor damage could represent more tugging garments out of place, undoing ties, opening buttons, that sort of things, with spent surges representing quick repairs.  As surges get low, though, the damage could be described as greater, and requiring extended mending to fix.

I'm a bit torn on, if there were two groups, which one I'd want to join.  My system knowledge of 4e is pretty good (and it's my favorite d&d version; don't tell all the people I'm in Pathfinder games with!).  On the other hand, well, I want to have sexy stuff happen!  So I'm rather leaning towards the narrative side, or at least hoping that we'll suffer the occasional loss.

Currently leaning towards greatsword or fullblade wielding slayer.  Haven't yet decided on human or elf.  Both have their good points.

Sol Lua

I'm also interested if there's still room. It would be nice to dust off my 4th edition books and get some use out of them. That and I love monsters. I'll think of a character idea this afternoon/evening.

Guancyto

Fourth edition? In my vagina Elliquiy?

Let's do this thing.

As for armor damage, clearly the groups need to find magical super-suits that tear easily a la Empowered.  :P

Edit: One concern I do have, which is if your character gets retired, the new one is 2 levels lower? (But we start at level 2?) It seems more fair to keep the whole party roughly the same level, and to not penalize retiring a character if it seems narratively appropriate to do so? I think you can rely on players to not abuse this!

Melendrith

Well good news, with 6 potential players I might actually run 2 groups! The downside is that I need to consider how to split the players, and also players should note there is possibility of recombining the groups if numbers thin.

To find a better fit, I will soon send everyone interested a questionnaire. It is kinda long, so if you get tired of answering it halfway just send me what you have already done and rest i try to deduce the rest from your on/offs.

When 3 are a good fit, I may start 1 group first, then shortly after the next. Meantime can post your chars.

==========

Guancyto: lol good question. Note that dying involves failing DSTs, implying extra XP so when you drop, you drop a bit less. I actually wouldn't mind if players never retired their characters also and become slavering spawn junkies lol.

In any case, I will edit the main topic to manage the level "gap" within the party :) thanks for your kind reminder.

=====

Thanks for your reply Flying Tengu
Discord ID Zyraen

Kathyan

Still have to think of what character to play but so far

Kinks: non-con, restrains, bondage, tentacles, exhibitionism, humiliation, public scenes, anal, DP, forced to do all kind of lewd things either through blackmail suggestion or mind control
Turn offs: bestiality (animals only, monsters are fine), gore, anything too extreme (blood, pain, torture), scat, watersports.
Clothing/Armor as HP: Yes
Tactical Combat: No  (I would like to say yes even more as I was thinking playing a defender but I'm afraid it would make thing too complicated in a forum)

I'll be waiting for the questionnaire while I decide on a character

schnookums

Should I wait for the questionnaire before coming up with a character idea?

Melendrith

Sorry for delay, just sent

I can probably handle a max of 4 per party, so 7 is still workable.

Kathyan: Defenders that mark based on adjacent or aura are probably best. Paladin also works quite easily.

Schnookums: to clarify, yeah you can do up a char if you like ;) unless one group suddenly wants to munch and fight to win, your char probably will be accepted as is.
Discord ID Zyraen

Kathyan

I was thinking Paladin or the psionic one whatever the name is, or even Warden but I still have to check the books to make a decision, also I just got some free time myself so will start checking the questions ^^

Guancyto

Image:

Name: Senna Etheran
Race: Human
Class: Warlord
Simple Backstory: The scandalous, black sheep princess of the Etheran kingdom who had the gall to go on living after the rest of the royal family all became vampires (starting with her mother Jahanara, the queen regnant)... but that is another story. Right now she has the utterly shit job of being Queen Jahanara's agent in the Shattered Plain to assess and combat the demonic threat therein, to determine if it poses any danger to the kingdom or to its immortal rulers. It's almost certainly going to get her killed, but she intends to remain proud and defiant to the end, to spit in the eye of the abyssal enemy. It's... yeah, it's probably not going to turn out that way.

Kinks: wildly dubious consentuality, restraints, bondage, blindfolding and other sensory deprivation, dominance, sudden reversals of fortune (i.e. victim becomes the dominant party), titjobs, defiance, double penetration, yuri, impregnation
Turn offs: bestiality (animals only, monsters are fine), gore, extreme blood/pain/torture, scat, watersports
Clothing/Armor as HP : Yes
*Tactical Combat: Yes / No: If we can find a way to do it easily.

FragarachZ

Sheets incoming, ETA a day or so after crazy work is over for the week.

I have several character ideas for this, and I can fill out any party role (controller, defender, striker, leader) based on what the group requires. I'll roll them all up and pick whichever fits the group best.
I'm going to stat a half-elf cleric (warpriest) who is a martyr and a noble soul to be exploited (leader), a hexblade with lady of the white well pact (striker), a snobbish eladrin wizard or a woodelf hunter with a dislike towards humans (controller), or a tanky human knight with more of a gladiatrix feel.

My expectations would be monstrous enemies and intelligent humanoids in rp. Monsters will be mosnters after all and maybe that innkeeper really wants to get his hands on the cleric's assets, or the questgiver offers extra reward for additional services...

Some general kinks include getting ravished on defeat, dubious consent and exploitation/extortion/blackmail outside of combat, monsters, breeding, mind break.
Turnoffs would be gore, non-sexual torture/pain, scat, watersports, futas and anal sex.
Clothin/armor as HP: yes
tactical combat: preferred if we can keep it moving
O&O

Melendrith

Update 25 Mar 17 : included Servile Sliver and added Slayer for Flying Tengu. Included Schnookums

If anyone wants a PDF of a char sheet with powers and feats, let me know.

6.5 out of 8 Questionnaires are back, and so far here is what I have got.

Common Notes
- almost all have chosen Armor/Clothing as HP
- almost all are not in favor of 1 extra XP for failing 1 DST. This will be revised to 1 extra XP for dying. It will never help you get ahead but putting up with it reduces penalty for Retiring.

=======

TENTATIVE GROUPS
Subject to revision but feel free to build your chars.

GROUP A
Guancyto - Senna Etheran, Human Warlord
Flying Tengu - Tashiel Averlorn, Elf Slayer
Kathyan

GROUP B
Ershin
Fragararch
Servile Silver - Shialyn Starfallen, Elf Ranger
Schnookums

* - slightly more likely to shift around

PENDING REPLIES
Sol Lua

======

As mentioned earlier, 8 is the max, but you are not finalized until the Questionnaire is returned, and all non Optional input provided.

When we have 4 in one group, I may jump start it.

Hope this helps, let me know if any concerns.
Discord ID Zyraen

schnookums

Flying Tengu

If I'm going to be partnered with a warlord, then I'm definitely going to be a Slayer!

Image:
Name:  Tashiel Averlorn
Race: Elf
Class: Slayer
Simple Backstory: Tashiel has trained all of her relatively short life (well, for an elf) with the blade, eschewing worldly concerns.  Even the loss of a few elven villages did not cause her any concern.  However, when the call for female adventurers went out, she volunteered, hoping both to serve her homeland, and to test her skills against a worthy foe.
Kinks:  Being subdued with pleasure, forced pleasure generally.  Dubcon, just like everyone else so far.  Light humiliation/exhibitionism, teasing.  Actions involving breasts, including titjobs.
Turn offs:  Pain, anal, beastly opponents, severe cruelty.  To better define cruelty, I'll say anything painful or shocking, physically or mentally, to the extent that I would have difficulty justifying her being overcome by pleasure.  If that's still unclear, which it may be, I'd be happy to discuss more.  But if you ask the question "would this make the average person cry?" about anything besides sexin' her up, that's probably a good metric to use!
Clothing/Armor as HP : Yes, GM posts
Tactical Combat: More no than yes.  I like to keep things simple in the pbp format.

Feel free to let me know if there's anything else I need!  Should we begin work on the mechanical portions of the sheets, too?

Melendrith

Updated for Servile Sliver. I will start prepping Group B opening post, then after that for Group A.
Discord ID Zyraen

Melendrith

Added Schnookums to Group B and Kathyan shifted to Group A.

With that the groups are about complete.

I hope we all enjoy this game, if you see something in your group ( to another player) that disturbs you EVEN if the player is agreeable, please PM me or post to respective OOC thread. Especially for Group B.

Retired PCs will be treated as NPCs, but generally the player may have a say in their fate. We may even start a solo thread in an appropriate board if the player wishes.

If you are unhappy with your Group Assignment please let me know. In general, for limited spaces, I will go with First Cum First Serve.

Some of the players in Group A may desire more experiences. In this case I recommend being in front or just letting me know, your character could be particularly unlucky. Just saying.

========

The Root Course (Group A)
- Exotic, more Humanoids
- Somewhat more Gamist

Senna Etheran (Guancyto), Human Warlord
Tashiel Averlorn (Flying Tengu), Elf Slayer
TBA (Kathyan)
TBA (Sol Lua)

========

Into the Breach (Group B)
- Exotic, more Monstrous
--> somewhat more Extreme things may happen, to NPCs and possibly willing PCs
- Flexible / Experiential

Shialyn Starfallen (Servile Sliver), Elf Ranger
TBA (Ershin)
TBA (FragarachZ)
TBA (Schnookums)

======

I will start an OOC Thread for each Group, with Special Rules put up. The rules may differ slightly for each group. Please post full character sheets or summaries on the OOC thread. Please let me know if you want PDFs of your Charsheet.

Look forward to seeing all you lovely ladies thrust into the thick of things! :)
Discord ID Zyraen

schnookums

QuoteLook forward to seeing all you lovely ladies thrust into the thick of things!

Really? Are you sure you're not looking forward to seeing the thick things thrust into all you lovely ladies?

Melendrith

Haha

Btw first post for Group B. https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=264865.0
I will do first post for Group A then set up OOC threads.
This will help facilitate your IC posts. Do not feel obliged to have a full charsheet, just post first :)

I forgot to mention, low light vision for all PCs.
For the record, feel free to read both threads. The adventure is completely different.
Discord ID Zyraen

Kathyan

I forgot to say this earlier, in another game I am with Tengu were there is a large group as well it was settled that members in the groups could be switched while in camp. Maybe there is a possibility to do have that option here as well?

Melendrith

Hi Kathyan, no there isnt a common crossing point between the two, and once the adventure starts you guys are out there. One adventure is on the human front, the other on the elven front. That said, relatives (aka clones) could show up if switch occurs, or retiring one char from one group.

I like the Dragon Island too ;)

Regarding your Lay On Hands question, I liken one level as one day, and 3-4 encounters per day. So if any of you (not just Kathyan) have class powers usable X times per day, where X is 3 or more, it becomes an Encounter power. Otherwise its uses refresh when you level up.
Discord ID Zyraen

Melendrith

Wis 14 is still decent :) there is also a feat you can take to add +1 Lay On Hands per day, which with Wis14 would turn it into an Enc Power.

First Post for Group A Up!
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=264879.0
Discord ID Zyraen

Kathyan

Quote from: Melendrith on March 25, 2017, 02:32:20 AM
Wis 14 is still decent :) there is also a feat you can take to add +1 Lay On Hands per day, which with Wis14 would turn it into an Enc Power.

First Post for Group A Up!
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=264879.0

I'm still considering the ardent cause it feels cool having my powers be drawn upon emotional state ^^ but other than that I was thinking defender, either paladin or battlemind, yeah I checked its name on the PHB3, I couldn't remember before.

Melendrith

Battlemind/Paladin is also a very strong hybrid. I never believed it would work, but my friend proved me wrong at the table. It basically uses a Paladin MBA At Will to cover the weakness of a Battlemind - usually weak MBA - and uses Battlemind Mark for and Paladin Challenge to maintain a double mark.

In return you lose use of Plate Armor and Lay On Hands, nothing a Hybrid Talent cant return to you.
Discord ID Zyraen

Kathyan

Still not sure I like the group distribution, I think I'm ok with the gamist/experiential distribution of player but I want more monsters than humanoids and definitely more extreme stuff too.

Melendrith

Discord ID Zyraen

Melendrith

Discord ID Zyraen

FragarachZ

Got a striker and leader character ready for the extreme group. I'll play whichever is needed and I'll just add them to this post for now to be considered as my options.

Striker

First Handmaiden Zynna, Trusted Attendant of the Lady
Female Eladrin Hexblade (Warlock)

In a hidden glade crossing with the feywild is the realm of the Lady of the White Well. Confined to her magical glade, the otherwordly beauty was born from the union of a goddess and a fey knight. She spends her days in her court here attended to by her handmaidens, watching over the nearby lands through the aid of her servants. When she sensed the corruption set foot in the world in the Shattered Plain, she called her father's sword from the sacred pool of her glade and bestowed it on her most trusted handmaiden, along with a portion of her power to investigate and prevent the unnatural force from spreading.
Zynna is a graceful and smart high elf with a command of both magic and the enchanted blade granted by her mistress. She is a noble soul who dedicated her life to her lady and cares little for affairs that have nothing to do with her court, unless the Lady of the White Well takes interest in them. She will strive for results and spare little time on those who have no significance to her.
Kinks: getting ravished on defeat, dubious consent and exploitation/extortion/blackmail outside of combat, monsters, breeding, mind break.
Turnoffs would be gore, non-sexual torture/pain, scat, watersports, futas and anal sex.

Leader

Sister Tess Hillsbury the Radiant
Female Half-Elf Warpriest (Cleric)

Sent by High Priest Hagan the Pure of the Church of Bahamut, Sister Tess is a gentle healer in times of peace and a fierce champion during battle. Her sacred mission is to drive back the evil that stepped into this world and guide the forces of Endor to victory, having caught the eye of the kingdom's handsome prince during a previous encounter. The high priest revealed a prophecy to her that she is destined to bear a ruler in her womb, and she intends to pledge herself to the house of Endor in every way once the mission is completed. Prophecies unfortunately, can tend to be misleading...
Kinks: getting ravished on defeat, dubious consent and exploitation/extortion/blackmail outside of combat, betrayal, monsters, breeding, pregnancy, mind break, corruption, netorare.
O&O

Melendrith

The Second Wind option is much more potentially damaging in Group B, and you dont top out from ending combat conscious with a surge. So a healer would help win battles, but that babe shes Gorgeous! Lol
Discord ID Zyraen

FragarachZ

Added my possible warpriest to the mix. Healing words! Temp hp! Second winds!

She might not be as hot as the hexblade though, but some of the other players met her in other games already :)

Since we already have a ranger and possibly a paladin in that group, I'll skip on my knight and hunter ideas so I'll pick one of my 2 girls to play based on what the 4th member is more interested in playing.
O&O

Ershin

I was considering going with a Swordmage or Invoker, but if you prefer to to play the Hexblade over a Warpriest I can easily take a healing class instead.

Also please forgive me for this but my computer broke down recently and I'm unable to post any images as I don't have the same reserves on my phone

FragarachZ

Ok Ershin, if you don't mind then I'll pick the hexblade :)

From what responses I got so far she seems to be the hotter one and I never got to try her yet, while Tess has seen a few games...
O&O

Melendrith

Thanks Ershin, that helps round out Group B classes.

Btw, for those who have decided your characters, please post to respective OOC Thread
Group A - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=264886.0
Group B - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=264895.0

Dont forget to post in character too! :) You can do so as long as you have decided your character, even if character sheet is still incomplete
Group A - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=264879.0
Group B - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=264865.0

Look forward to getting the show on the road :) cheers

PS: Group A players, any questions/feedback on group A rules? Can post to Group A OOC or PM me any concerns
Discord ID Zyraen

Melendrith

I have added the following to the OOC threads, and also mentioning here to help facilitate char creation. Cheers.

BASELINE REFERENCE

This is for me but you can also use it to benchmark your character.

The following numbers are based on relevant Stat modifiers of 18 for attack and 18 for Light Armor at L1.

Inherent bonus applied to attack damage by default, no others in this calculation. NAD class bonus of +1 to all, for simplicity.

Level 2-3

Attack: +7/+9 vs NAD/AC (1hlv 1feat 1enh 4stat)
Damage: +6 (1feat 1enh 4stat)

AC, Leather: 17  (11hlv 2ac 4dex)
AC, Scale: 18 (11hlv 7ac)
NAD: 13-17 (11hlv 1feat 1class 0-4stat)

Trained Skill: +10-12 (1hlv 4stat 5trained)
Discord ID Zyraen

Melendrith

Seems there was some confusion on inherent bonuses. Here are the rules for reference

https://under-the-dark-sun.obsidianportal.com/wikis/inherent-bonuses

As can be seen, they dont stack with enhancement bonuses. Hope this helps and sorry for confusion. I will edit OOCs also.
Discord ID Zyraen

Serana

Are you by chance taking a waiting list of sorts incase somebody has to drop?

Melendrith

I haven't heard from Sol Lua since her first post here, so why not?
Her slot is in Group A though. Alternatively if you are into Extreme tastes, perhaps you can Schnookums can form a small Extreme party.

I might have to make the story somewhat simplistic though, right into the action sort of thing, as I didn't really expect a 3rd group. Probably less of a "we signed up for the quest" and more like it found you guys.
In any case, I will send you the Questionnaire shortly :) Hope you don't find it too long ^^;;;;
Discord ID Zyraen

FragarachZ

I'll keep my warpriest in the reserve in case I retire the warlock later :)
O&O

Melendrith

Discord ID Zyraen

Melendrith

Just to clarify, when you are unconscious you can carry on your RP on your turn, calling for help, spreading your body etc.

However, from a game perspective you are unconscious, and may NOT take actions, especially NOT if your ally's power lets you take a Free action. Eg. Direct the Strike.
Discord ID Zyraen

Kathyan

Quote from: Melendrith on March 26, 2017, 08:56:45 PM
Just to clarify, when you are unconscious you can carry on your RP on your turn, calling for help, spreading your body etc.

However, from a game perspective you are unconscious, and may NOT take actions, especially NOT if your ally's power lets you take a Free action. Eg. Direct the Strike.

Cool, I was actually going to suggest this ;D